By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

We're all mad here

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Idris, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Idris

Idris Player

Time-Traveller

Idris' organiser

[​IMG]
    I walk in eternity

About MeHello! I’m Idris and I’m a big nerd in my middling twenties. I’m a member of all sorts of fandoms of all shapes and sizes. My main fandoms are Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, A Song of Ice and Fire and Harry Potter. I also love reading my genre is typically fantasy, especially ones with excellent world building. I am currently trying to also do some actual book writing alongside this site, so we'll see how that goes!

ContactI'm pretty good with replying speedily to PM's and this thread for all plotting needs and just general questions/chat; also you can catch me on Discord if you need anything or want to throw anything my way. If I've forgotten to do something like set up a thread or reply to one then please just PM me, because sometimes things do slip off my radar!

Roleplay PreferencesI love all sorts of plots, literally anything. I love everything right from fluff to angsty things and all of that in-between. My favourite types of plots and threads are ones which develop my characters or challenge them, I think they're always really interesting. I'm happy to explore lots of different themes or situations- please just throw anything my way, I don't think I've ever refused any plots or ideas.

I really like all sorts of plots, from one off encounters to wider reaching plots. I'm a fan of character development of any sort; right from slow burn romances, to action threads, to adventuring around Pandora or just putting characters in new situations they have to figure their way out of.

If I'm struggling with time, I'll generally prioritise threads with groups or big plot details, but if you want a thread prioritising give me a PM or reply here and I'll get to that one first. I really don't mind, I'd rather know. I don't aim for a particular length whilst writing, I'll just see where the muse goes. Sometimes I can write 1000 words, sometimes it'll be 100 but I'll always give you something to work with.

LimitsI don’t like threads that are overtly mature, but other than that I'm not too concerned. Just ask if you’re unsure would be my best advice or if you have something to throw my way. Aside from that, I can’t think of anything (aside from my guys being killed off or being ridiculously injured) that would really bother me too much. I would just ask that you communicate if you want to throw something my way which is potentially triggering.

Check out my characters below!

#1 Idris, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  2. Idris

Idris Player

Time-Traveller

Thread Status

Cait
    Hild

Jean Valjean
    Jocelyn
    Porpentina
    Rey
    The Doctor

= Closed = Open = in desperate need of threads/plots

Current Activity: Hoping to get to replies in less than two weeks

#2 Idris, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  3. Idris

Idris Player

Time-Traveller

Jocelyn Morgenstern

The Mortal Instruments (books)
    [​IMG]
    AboutJocelyn is a young Shadowhunter which means back home she spent most of her time hunting demons and is talented at hand to hand combat as well as being handy with her seraph blade. She was married back home and has one son, but she has a lot of issues around both! She is quite a loyal and friendly person to those who take the trouble to get to know her. She can however be quite hostile to demons, or anyone causing problems to disrupt the peace. As a shadowhunter her emotions run strong, she's a woman who'll be your best friend or your worst enemy.

CurrentlyShe's still working for the Department of Intelligence, the Pandora College (teaching art) and Scola Pradetois (teaching combat). She was injured in the explosion at the nightclub on the 20th Feb and has a broken left wrist and wounds as a result, though she's still working from the 27th February onward.

Plot hooks- Please give me all the canon mates possible.
    - She's working at both colleges so interactions with students/staff would be great!
    - She's an investigator so it's completely feasible she'd be poking her nose into someone's business, even if it was unwelcome
    - More encounters with supernaturals, especially demons (who she hates >( )
    - This girl can be a bit prickly at first but she really does need some friends and to experience new things in Pandora

Rey

Star Wars
    [​IMG]
    AboutRey is a Force-Sensitive human who back home had been in brief Jedi training with Luke Skywalker. While she is an incredibly powerful force user, she is mostly untrained and so her powers are sporadic and can often be unpredictable. She's a friendly person and craves people around her. She does have a real vulnerability and has a severe fear of being left and being on her own because she spent most of her life on her own scavenging on a desert planet called Jakku. She's a good pilot, and can tell you what you could pick out of a wreck of value; she's also a talented mechanic.

She's also got BB-8 with her, who is a spherical droid form her universe. He's very protective over Rey, despite being a complete coward at times.

CurrentlyRey is living with Kylo Ren in Blackhaven and is head over heels for him. She's scavenging and offering repairs as a job. As a scavenger she'll be heading out all across Pandora with BB-8 rolling along beside her, so plenty of plotting potential!

Plot hooks-Link to her scavenger // repair services thread - please give her all the scavenging and mechanic jobs. She'd love a challenge
    -It'd be great for her to meet some more SW charries
    - threaten anyone she cares about (mainly Kylo tbh) and she'll break your nose
    -Some more training buddies? She's looking for all types of combat training, not just with ligthsabers
    - Rey is completely in the dark about most things, given she grew up on the desert planet of Jakku, so most things will be new for her
    - Friends! This girl needs friends

#3 Idris, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Afro-Circus likes this.
  4. Idris

Idris Player

Time-Traveller

The Doctor

Doctor Who
    [​IMG]
    AboutThe Doctor is the last of the Time Lords; he's over 2000 years old and he's just arrived in Pandora to be his usual self. He's a child at heart, despite also being super grumpy. He is unbelievably intelligent and takes his responsibilities of being a Time Lord mostly seriously. He has spent most of his life travelling around the universe and saving different parts of it. He doesn't like to see himself as a hero but he'll still play the part! Despite him being grumpy, he needs people around him and will make a ridiculous friend. He sets himself against anyone who tries to hurt others in any way and will just try his best to go in and be the hero, even though he'd never say that was what he was doing.

CurrentlyHe's currently in Pandora Town badly running an Antique shop in the Travoie Borough. He's also made it his mission to try to find out how his memories about Clara Oswald have been erased from his mind.

Plot hooks-He's opened up an antique shop in Pandora Town, so maybe people could bring in odd things for him to look at or find things in the shop. Maybe there could be some unusual magical artefacts there?
    - The Doctor is going to be going over to different towns, so I'd love all the encounters he could have, maybe the TARDIS could land in someone's front room or something
    -I would love the Doctor to meet people with magic, magical creatures, or things which he thinks that are just impossible. Also he'd love every type of HP/fairy tale character because he's a bit of a geek and he'd love to meet them.

Cait

Britannia
    [​IMG]
    AboutCait is a young Cantii woman who is from the first century AD. She’s been raised as a Celt and believes in a multitude of Gods to guide her paths. She’s recently realised she has an affinity to them and can manipulate people around her. She also is stuck between womanhood and girlhood as the Roman’s interrupted her womanhood ceremony, so she is forever in limbo between the two, without a set name. Cait has a fiery temper and needs friends as she's never been that good at making them. Cait will pretty much see anyone as an enemy at the moment until they prove otherwise as she's very jumpy and nervous.

CurrentlyCait is still with the Romans (kidnapped!) but will be at some point be going to Bellamy Blake's community in Myrtle Woods. Before that she'll also be spending some time in Horizon and then will be travelling around Pandora for most of March/April.

Plot hooks-I’d like Cait to encounter people with magic who aren’t total jerks.
    -I want Cait to be a kind of apprentice to someone? She’s suggested to have some kind of supernatural ability but it needs to be nurtured. I’d like her to get into herblore or potions or something she can actually learn?
    -Friends her own age would be amazing.
    -I would like her to encounter people while she's wandering around Pandora, so that she has some chance of surviving out in the wild by herself

#4 Idris, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Afro-Circus likes this.
  5. Idris

Idris Player

Time-Traveller

Porpentina Goldstein

Harry Potter
    [​IMG]
    AboutTina Goldstein is a witch from the 1920’s. She attended Illvermorny school of witchcraft in America and has been working as an auror since graduating. To all you No-Maj’s that means dark wizard hunter. Having lost her parents at a young age, she is incredibly protective over her younger sister Queenie who she lives with in Pandora. They’ve also adopted Modesty Barebones, who lives with them. She's very friendly and warm and has been trying to adjust to Pandora gradually. Tina will make an enemy of anyone who tries to threaten those she loves or the general law and order of Pandora.

CurrentlyTina is still working at the Schola Praeditos, and she is also exploring areas of Pandora; trying to take a leaf out of Newt's book. She is mostly found around Pandora Town. She is also working at the Department of Intelligence.

Plot hooks- She works at the Schola Praeditos so some interactions there with staff/students would be ace
    - Tina's good with magic, including potions and spells to help people, so if your character needs help she could lend a helping hand?
    - Also, Tina is trying to do a little bit more hands on magic and research, so anything to do with that would be great.

Hild

The Last Kingdom
    [​IMG]

AboutHild is a nun who has been raised in King Alfred's England in the 9th century. However, after a viking attack on her town she's been following round a Pagan called Uhtred, helping him to get back his birthright after he saved her life. She's become fearsome warrior in her own right, but still keeps her faith in her thoughts. While she can be sensitive, calm and reasonable, cross her and you'l regret it. Hild can hold her own, both in a battle of words and one with the sword. In her own words, she's killed before, she'll kill again.

CurrentlyHild has only just arrived in Pandora and will need orientating as well as a purpose- her purpose for a long time was to look after her Lord (Uhtred) so she's a tad adrift.

Plot Hooks - She has some knowledge of healing so can help if your character gets wound up with injuries or the like!
    - She'll be a vagabond for the time being, so perhaps seeing some people in the wilderness (friendly or otherwise) could be fun
    - Long term I want her to settle somewhere and establish somewhere to help people, offer aid and so forth. So some help with that would be excellent.

Jean Valjean

Les Miserables
    [​IMG]

AboutJean Valjean is from the early 19th century. He's a man who spent the earlier part of his life doing hard labour for stealing a loaf of bread, and after being given kindness from a bishop he turned his life around and has spent his time since living as well as he can and giving generously to those in need. He's also recently adopted Cosette as his daughter, after witnessing the death of her mother and promising to provide for her.

CurrentlyHe and Cosette arrived in Pandora Town on the 12th March and is looking to quickly establish himself and blend in. He'll be adapting quickly, hoping to take over running the Riverboat Cafe and helping out at the Shelter when he can. Cosette will be attending the school.

Plot Hooks - This man is going to need a lot of help adjusting- there isn't even electricity where he's from
    - Perhaps some interactions while he's out and about?
    - Jean Valjean has a habit of seeing good in anyone and any situation, so if your character needs a pep talk he's your man
    - It'd be fun for him to meet some supernatural folk too
    - Cosette is also up for plotting- she'll be attending the school and will just be being adorable about all the new things in Pandora

#5 Idris, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Clara Oswald and Afro-Circus like this.
  6. Aster

Aster Guest

Hey there! Yeah I've been meaning to do this for a while acually so...*pushes Aster over towards @Jocelyn Morgenstern*

Okay so here's the story, Aster here started out as a human, an incredibly talented writer who used to write stories for the Fae in her world. She was eventually "rewarded" for her skills and services for the Fair Folk by being allowed to basically become one of them, and it wasn't until it was too late that she fully understood what that meant. On her own world the Fair folk are unable to speak any untruths, feel human emotions, and they can't create anything. Even to pick up a pen and to make a mark against paper would cause Aster to turn to dust. Basically everything that made her, her, especially her ability to write has been stolen from her.

Just before Aster was taken to Pandora she was given the ablity to feel, at the least, anger for what was done to her, and she really wants to become as human as she possibly can again. So what does this have to do with Jocelyn? Well, it was being painted with a human emotion -- in this case, anger -- that allowed Aster to feel it again. I'm thinking we could maybe do a plot, wherein Aster hires Jocelyn to paint her with various human emotions, just so that she can start to feel again? And they could like, develop their relationship over the course of these portrait sessions. If you wanted, I mean. It's not really the idea solution to any of Aster's problems, of course, but it's definately a start and I think it could make for a fun plot :)

Idris likes this.
  7. Jocelyn Morgenstern

Jocelyn Morgenstern The Mortal Instruments

Intelligence Officer
    Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Aster Ooooooh I think this sounds really interesting! She's not all that trusting of the fae, given her experiences in her world but she won't say no to being commissioned to paint a piece of artwork. It'll go hand in hand with her 'keeping as busy as possible' plan she's currently aiming at.

Joce is free most of this current season, so really it's whatever works best for you!

8. QII

QII Guest

The Doctor and the Q: The Doctor loves to meet new people, and the Q has never met a Galiffreyan, plus would love to study the Tardis, and totally not make a copy of it for his own antics, and fun, if you were okay with such an idea. Anyway, what do you think of the potential idea I had in mind, of the Doctor meeting Q?

The Doctor likes this.
  9. Idris

Idris Player

Time-Traveller
    @QII

I think this would be great- the Doctor always likes to meet people from all different places. Maybe he could run into the Doctor while he's looking for the TARDIS? This would be around the end of November as he only recently got to Pandora

10. Chise Hatori

Chise Hatori The Ancient Magus' Bride
    Dearest Child of the Night

Apothecary Clerk
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Scorpius Malfoy and Chise Hatori

So both of these characters are socially awkward, but very nice teenagers with complicated family relations who love reading and study magic. They should totally meet!

Chise can seen a bit cold at first because it takes her a while to warm up to people, but she gets attached very quickly to people who are kind to her and she could use having more friends, definitely.

However, Chise is also stuck in Silverwood until next season, since that will be when she comes back to Pandora Town, so unless you can think of a reason for Scorpius to be in the woods they likely will only be able to meet next season.

Scorpius Malfoy likes this.
  11. Aster

Aster Guest

@Jocelyn Morgenstern
    eeesh, sorry It took so long for me to get back to this! >.< Anyway, eeexcellent! Aster is also pretty free for most of the season, so I'm pretty good with any date as well. Where would be best for them to meet you think?

Jocelyn Morgenstern likes this.
  12. Idris

Idris Player

Time-Traveller
    @Chise Hatori - so sorry I totally forgot to reply to this! However, now we're in the new season I suppose we can find an easier way for them to meet? Scorpius will be visiting Hogsmede quite a lot and will also be visiting the library in Pandora a lot so there's plenty of plotting potential!

@QII and the Doctor- were you still interested in having them meet? At the moment he's keeping a low profile in Pandora town opening an antique shop but maybe they could come across each other when he's going about Pandora in the TARDIS?

------

All my characters are presently open for plots for the winter season!

Chise Hatori likes this.
  13. QII

QII Guest

Yeah, I still am. Could you set up the thread for us?

Idris likes this.
  14. Chise Hatori

Apothecary Clerk
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Cait

Chise is going to be in Pandora Town from December 1st to the 14th, so maybe she and Scorpius could meet at the library? Chise is a big bookworm so she would definitely want to visit the place at least once!

Idris likes this.
  15. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Jocelyn Morgenstern and Tanaquil

Well this could get uncomfortable fast, but in a fun way? Tanaquil was turned by Raphael recently- like the end of last season- and is still getting her vampire legs while trying to find a way to live with this new and occasionally uncomfortable lifestyle. I mean, if she's likely to kill her immediately that could be bad but I am always down for creating awkwardness for her over having to reconcile unlife with her formerly very pacifist and 'harm as little as possible' mindset.

@The Doctor and Menolly

I have ALWAYS wanted Menolly to meet one of the Doctors, just because she thinks she's as human as anyone else, but humans from her planet have the weirdest alien stuff going on under the skin- so to speak- and who would be better to break that to someone than the Doctor? or really, meeting him for any reason would just bring so much joy into my life. <3

@The Doctor and Fitz

Fitz is a HUGE Doctor Who fan and would likely pass out and start asking complicated physics questions. I'm not sure how they would meet, really, but if you have ideas I am definitely open to them!

Raphael Santiago and Idris like this.
  16. Idris

Idris Player

Time-Traveller
    @QII Yeah I'll set it up and tag you in it!

@Chise Hatori That sounds great- Scorpius will be under a mountain of books somewhere, want me to set it up and tag you in it?

@Tanaquil Actually this could get awkward in a really weird way. Basically, Joce and Raphael teach together and I think she would like to imagine he's pretty clean and doesn't attack mundanes but maybe she could get the wrong end of the stick and think he's turned her on purpose/it's been a nasty attack? It'd hurt her because at the moment he's one of her actual only friends. I mean she'd got for Tanaquil if she saw her hurting mundanes/out of control in general, though she probably would just be aiming to restrain as she's not a fan of going to jail. Tagging @Raphael in this too as it could concern him!

@Menolly Awh I would love this so much! I think she'd get on with twelve a lot and he'd really take to her! At the moment he owns an antique shop undercover in Pandora Town, or she could encounter him being out and about stepping out of the TARDIS or something? As he is about as subtle as a brick.

@Leopold Fitz Oooh I like this, he's not had anyone fanboy over him yet, and he'd probably just be really confused. Maybe we could do the Menolly thread then this one? We can hash out a reason for them to meet then?

Raphael Santiago likes this.
  17. Chise Hatori

Apothecary Clerk
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Cait

Sure, go for it!

Idris likes this.
  18. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Jocelyn Morgenstern -For what it's worth, Tanaquil is not the 'go hunting' type- she's still getting used to having to deal with getting her own food that way in the most basic sense, and tends to try and live as much in harmony with mortals as she can- for now anyway. Fortunately that hasn't gone disastrously wrong yet. But I do think that her knowing @Raphael Santiago and some confusion coming from there- especially if he didn't tell Joce- could certainly arise. Though for her part, Tanaquil wouldn't be the type to try and create it- it would be a total misunderstanding, perhaps a bit exacerbated by Tana's own adjustment issues she's trying to keep under wraps.

@The Doctor and Menolly- Well either one would work for her- she's pretty fearless, and has a pretty good spy sense, plus she loves antiques and the stories that go along with them. Maybe she's waiting outside and spots him coming out of the TARDIS to go in to work, or something? Most likely she'd be looking for old instruments, anything from Pern or dragon stuff.

The Doctor and Fitz- Oh, he'd definitely get the fanboy stuff. XD I don't mind waiting until after we come up with a more concrete idea for them meeting. I'll let you know if/when something comes to me.

19. Jocelyn Morgenstern

Jocelyn Morgenstern The Mortal Instruments

Intelligence Officer
    Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Tanaquil Oh yes, I meant it as a complete misunderstanding. Jocelyn has a lot of trust issues, so this won't help and she probably wouldn't stay to hear an explanation or to listen past what she's sure has happened. So it could just end up being a big misunderstanding? It sounds like it'll be interesting though!

@Menolly Oooo I like that idea- that she spots him maybe doing runs to and from the TARDIS early morning. He'd just try to brush it off as a broom cupboard or something but if she's persistent then he'll let her dig a bit deeper. He'd want to hear all about her home too, but he probably won't open up so much on his side.

Twist and Raphael Santiago like this.
  20. Raphael Santiago

Raphael Santiago The Mortal Instruments
    the strongest card in the deck is the ace

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    @Jocelyn Morgenstern & @Tanaquil
    Just sliding in here, because: Yes, I'm very okay for this to become a big misunderstanding. Rapha's got a lot going awfully wrong this winter and mostly none of it really is his fault, so- adding another one to that, would be totally okay for me. :3 Awful misunderstandings, are, after all, his biggest weakness.
    As long as Jocelyn won't hurt Tana, and instead go to Raphael and confront him (would she do that?), I'm all game. For January, if it's okay?
    And I am so very glad/happy/honoured, that Raphael is one of Jocelyn's best friends <3

Twist likes this.