By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Wham Bam Thank You Ham

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Mabel Pines, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Mabel Pines

Mabel Pines Gravity Falls

Arts and Crafts Master
    Race:
    Human
    @Alex Kamal
    August 16th Y6

Right one through one side and out the other. Mabel was holding her breath, eyes wide as she and Waddles appeared on the opposite side of the teleporter. Waddles gave a confused oink as Mabel carried him away from the mirror like object and stepped back out into the land she had originally been unceremoniously chucked into. It was hot, dry, and already she was wondering why she had decided here was better than the beach or even Mountain Land. "Hah, doi, Nick would have totes founds us if we went to Cascade," she said aloud, glancing down at the pig before they were far enough away that he wouldn't be trampled should someone get tripped on their way through the mirror-gate. "Come Waddles, if we're lucky, that Grace dude isn't around and there are civilized people afoot!" Her hand shot triumphantly into the air before she started on her own path.

Not surprisingly for one who loved odd things and another that loved food (also some odd things), the market was soon where they found themselves. Standing before a spice stall, Mabel oohed and aahed over the perfect arrangement of spices, the towers built of the fine powder and the sharp edges. It was like edible sand sculptures, only, of spices, and if that cinnamon challenge she had tried last year taught her anything, it was that shoveling a mouthful of spice covered the room in a thin powder but certainly made the air fragrant. "Kind smells like that old lady Nick got to watch us." If she leaned in any closer, she was going to leave an imprint of her face for all to see, so before she could trip and do just that, the girl took a step back and carried on with her wanderings.

It was only a day trip, and she had done far worse in Gravity Falls, well, maybe not really, but if anyone was going to try and hurt her, people for miles would hear her screaming, that and the unfortunately soul would be pelted with any and everything at her disposal; she was pretty talented in causing a scene if need be. Besides, she was still fairly certain that dream boat of a forest boy was watching over her in some fashion, so no harm would be coming her way.

"Waddles?"

The pink chubby sidekick was not at her side. Mabel did a double take, spun around and looked under the nearest stall, only to catch a glimpse of that adorably cute and curly tail trotting down the path after something.

Mabel pushed past a few people politely as she followed the little pig and whomever he had decided was worth his interest, as short as it could be at times. Whatever the gentleman had, it had caught the pig's attention and he wanted it. An adorable but annoyed grunt came from Waddles as he scampered before the stranger and plopped his pink butt down in the dirt and looked up with irresistible eyes, begging and snorting as his front hooves gently tapped the ground in before him.

#1 Mabel Pines, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Alex Kamal likes this.
  2. Alex Kamal

Alex Kamal The Expanse

Pilot
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

Alex couldn’t get used to walking around a planet with such a wide, open sky. An impossibly blue sky that stretched on forever, delicate clouds dotting it here and there. He’d kept his gaze stubbornly fixed to the ground while trudging through the sands with the sun beating down on the back of his neck, his eyes darting every so often over his shoulder towards the Rocinante in the distance, sandy dunes that his brain kept telling him should be red instead of yellow stretching out for eternity beyond the horizon.

This town, small as it was, was called Horizon too.

He’d just arrived, having spent hours trudging through the sands until he’d stumbled on a road and caught a ride on a bus. One of the other passengers had been kind enough to pay for his ticket, recognizing him as a newcomer, a term that sent dread through him. Luckily, he’d landed the Roci a short distance from town without realizing it, so heading back out to the ship after he’d had a few chats with the locals and saw about getting some supplies wouldn’t be too much trouble.

All he hoped was that no one would try to take the Roci from him. He couldn’t see it now, what with the tall ridges of this natural gorge the townsfolk had carved their home out of blocking his view, which made his anxiety for the ship bubble constantly in the back of his mind. Concentrating on where he was going and what he wanted to do was difficult. His only real reprieve was that this gorge made him feel as if he was in just one of Mars’ many domes, lessening his nervousness on that front.

Somehow, he found himself in something of a marketplace, the loud din of activity and conversation easily drowning out individual thoughts. Alex felt overwhelmed, even by the smell of spices and cooking in the air that reminded him of how hungry he was. He must have looked a little lost too, for the robust man standing at a shawarma stall tried striking up a conversation with him, and when Alex admitted to having just arrived period, the man pushed two shawarmas onto him and told him to seek out the council to help him get settled.

But Alex didn’t want to get settled. He just wanted to find out more about this place and whether there was some way to get home from here. The girl he’d met yesterday, Lift, had told them that they were all trapped here with no way out, but she had to be mistaken. After all, she was really just a kid. Surely he’d be able to find someone here would know more.

Still, his hunger was a distraction and the shawarmas smelled delicious. He settled down on a rock on the edge of the market, unwrapping one and sniffing at it curiously before taking an experimental bite. The flavors were so intense, they made his tongue go a little numb. God, was that real meat in there? And real vegetables too? He wolfed the shawarma down without a second thought, even going so far as to lick the wrapper and his fingers clean. He honestly couldn’t remember the last time he’d had real meat, or real vegetables, or anything that wasn’t reconstituted.

He pulled out the second one and took a bite of it too, this time making sure to eat more slowly and savor it. But something large, round and pink suddenly darted into view, making him recoil in surprise. It plopped down in front of him and stared, its nose wobbling up and down. Clearly, it too was hungry.

“Well, don’t you look like a little piglet straight outta one of my kid’s storybooks,” he drawled, chuckling and tearing off a piece of shawarma. “Now, I dunno if this here’s your brother I’m eating, but if you’re hungry...” He tossed the piece to the pig — he was pretty sure it was a pig, even though he’d never seen one in his life besides in pictures — and curled his legs back underneath him, taking another bite out of his shawarma.

#2 Alex Kamal, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  3. Mabel Pines

Arts and Crafts Master
    Race:
    Human
    Bouncing to his feet, Waddles put all he could into the little bounce in order to catch whatever had been tossed his way. The graceless pig managed to catch what he had been given and in his excitement failed to prepare his landing and flopped on the ground, rolling onto his back, legs in the air while eating whatever delicious treat he had been handed. It was no potato, but it was good.

Happy little food grunts caught Mabel's attention as she pushed past the past pair of people. Once in sight of the happy piglet, she relaxed. Looking up from the pleased porker, Mabel made eye contact with the man sitting there. Whatever the expression on his face was, she couldn't really read it, perhaps somewhere between confusion and excitement. Waddles was definitely something to be excited over, it only took one look at him and your heart melted and all you wanted to do was hug him and rub your face against his affectionately while he soaked in the love and attention.

Stepping forward a bit more, Mabel sighed, out of traffic and back with her petite partner in crime. Hands on her hips she laughed a bit, "There you are!" she exclaimed, looking at Waddles who merely grunted in response and glanced her way before rolling onto his side and looking between the two most recent food givers in his life.

"Hope he wasn't trying to get that away from you," Mabel told the man, nodding to the shawarma in his hands. "I know he's irresistible, but the way he begs, it would leave you thinking that I don't feed the poor guy!" Approaching the pair, she stopped at Waddles' side and crouched down, rubbing the pig's belly and enjoying the happy noises emitted from the animal before popping back up again and offering her hand out to shake. "I'm Mabel, and you?" Glancing down at Waddles, she thought it best to introduce the little guy as well; only fair since he did get a piece of the guy's meal and he seemed to enjoy and need it a little more than a pig. "This little guy is Waddles."

Alex Kamal likes this.
  4. Alex Kamal

Alex Kamal The Expanse

Pilot
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

Alex couldn’t help but chuckle, shaking his head. The fat little pig sure seemed to be enjoying the shawarma, chewing away even though it’d flopped onto its back and didn’t look like it had any intention of rolling over. But Alex’s attention was pulled away when a young girl pushed through the crowd, putting her hands on her hips and talking to the pig like it was some sort of pet. Strange, that. Then again, Alex had seen far stranger things in his life in the past year alone.

“Naw, don’t you worry, all the little guy did was stare at me with those big round eyes of his,” he said, his drawl coming out more thickly than usual. To someone who didn’t know any better, he’d sound like he was from Texas. An unfortunate side effect when Indians, Chinese and Texans had all settled the same Martian valley together. “Couldn’t resist givin’ him a little somethin’.”

She patted the pig’s belly fondly before flopping down on the ground next to it and offering the same hand for a shake, introducing herself as Mabel. Alex stared at the hand for a moment — it was one thing to feed a pig, but another thing entirely to touch it, especially when he was pretty damned sure it wasn’t all that clean — but he politely transferred the shawarma to his left hand, wiped his right hand clean on his jumpsuit, then shook her hand.

“Alex,” he replied, taking the hand back and surreptitiously wiping it on his jumpsuit again. “A pleasure to meet you both,” he added, nodding at the pig. Children were often particular about the way adults interacted with their pets, so he was conscious of slipping back into a fatherly frame of mind. Even though the last time he’d done that had gone pretty disastrously.

Clearing his throat, he eyed Mabel uncertainly. “So,” he said, drawing the word out so that it sounded at least three syllables long. “How long’ve you been stuck in this place?”

5. Mabel Pines

Arts and Crafts Master
    Race:
    Human
    Mabel glanced at her little pink friend and nodded, "He's just a little irresistible guy." Looking over her beloved pet affectionately, she turned her attention back to the kind man that had given him a little treat. What stuck out the most was his accent, leaving her with a raised brow. To her, the only people that had that accent also wore massive hats, collared shirts with that weird tie thing, and walked around in jeans and cowboy boots and he was just sitting there in a jumpsuit.

"Pleasure to meet ya, Alex." The puzzlement was clear on her face; she never had much skill in hiding emotions or thoughts. As she eyed him, Waddles had rolled over and plopped his head in her lap lazily. "You from Texas or something?" Her tone hinted at suspicion on that regard, as if there wasn't a way he could be from there. Seriously, where was his hat? Didn't they had all that stuff out when the kid was born? Here's his hat, ma'am, don't worry, he'll grow into it.

Blinking, then rubbing her chin, followed by scratching her head, Mabel had to think that one through. It had been a while but when she really thought about it, maybe it wasn't so long? "Uh," mimicking his three syllable "so" unintentionally, "About a year, I think. I don't know, this place is weird." She wiggled her fingers around in the air to amplify her point. "What about you? Anyone you know here or just a party of one like me and Waddles here?" She gently pat the pig on the head and looked back up to Alex. "Don't get me wrong though, I got adopted here, so until the rest of my family maybe shows up, I'm just hanging out with my new Droid Dad," the girl added affectionately with a huge grin. Nick was pretty amazing as far as a Dad went, and she wouldn't trade him for anything!

Alex Kamal likes this.
  6. Alex Kamal

Alex Kamal The Expanse

Pilot
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

Mabel eyed him with open curiosity, the look confusing him something fierce. He couldn’t for the life of him work out why she was staring at him like that... until she asked him whether he was from Texas. Alex almost choked on his shawarma, thumping his chest with a fist even as he doubled over in silent laughter, shoulders shaking.

“Aw, shucks,” he managed as soon as he caught his breath, sitting up again. Laughter lines were etched out on his face, and his grin was as broad as broad could be. He was still chortling, cradling his belly with a hand. “Naw, I ain’t from Texas,” he admitted, his drawl coming out more thickly than usual. An exaggeration, on his part. One he couldn’t help in light of Mabel’s confusion. “But let’s just say I grew up someplace where there’re a lotta Texans, so... it stuck.”

But then Mabel went on to explain that she’d been here for a good year already, and Alex sobered almost instantly. Goddamn, he could hardly believe that someone so young had been here for so long, all on their lonesome. It made him wonder what might’ve happened if his son had ever found his way here, or other children his age. Shit, younger children appearing in this world hadn’t even crossed his mind until now. Did they appear on their own, forced to fend for themselves? It sounded like it, by the little Mabel revealed, though at least it sounded like she’d found someone to take care of her. But what about all the other children stuck here...?

“Uh...” he said dumbly, still thrown pretty damned off-kilter by the realization. “I’ve only been here for a few days myself, so... guess I’m a one-man party too,” he chuckled, despite the way his shoulders sagged a little. “What was that you said about a... a droid for a dad? You mean like an android or somethin’? Is that somethin’ all kids get when they pop up in this place?”

7. Mabel Pines

Arts and Crafts Master
    Race:
    Human
    Mabel still eyed him even after he had admitted growing up with a lot of Texans. It didn't make sense, sure people moved around but where on earth did a whole swarm of them move to, and enough that this guy picked up on their accent? "You sure it wasn't Texas? I hear they sort of like their little big state, ain't no place like it." Leaning off to the side to see if maybe he was hiding the giant hat, she snapped back, "And ya got no hat! How can you talk like that without one? Part of the whole gig, ain't it?"

Waddles looked up and happily oinked at the man again before rolling onto his back and wiggling his little stubby legs in the air. He was happy and had a snack in his belly, so long as this man didn't chase him down, he didn't care what he did.

Mabel's hand gently pat the top of the pig's head while getting to know Alex a little more. "Nothing band about a party of one." Throwing her hand out against the horizon, "You have the freedom to roam this..." she paused for a moment, "uh, box world? Dimension?" Shaking her head she grinned at the stranger, "Whatever it is, you get to explore it until you are bored! Maybe even try new funky things, like fruit that wiggles down your throat when ya eat it!"

Mabel sat up a little straighter and shook her head, "Nope. I mean, well, maybe! But this one is just for me. Decided he wanted to be a dad and of course, the obvious choice was to go for the coolest kid around." Rubbing her nails against her shirt and then admiring them as though it was no big thing that she was quite clearly the best choice. Then she slapped her knee and laughed, "Hah! I just got lucky, I mean the people at the orphanage are really nice, but they do get tired of trying to help you down from the ceiling more than once a week..." Leaning in, she looked up at Alex, "You got kids where you are from?" There was something dad-like to him but she wasn't entirely sure. Nick never had kids but he was doing alright with her for the most part, but Alex... he seemed to actually know how to handle kids opposed to figuring it out on the fly or lucky guessing.

Alex Kamal likes this.
  8. Alex Kamal

Alex Kamal The Expanse

Pilot
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

“Pretty sure,” he chuckled, the corners of his eyes crinkling. “Wearin’ hats wouldn’t make much sense where I grew up,” he added, taking another bite out of his shawarma. “Doesn’t rain much on Mars,” he went on, his words coming out half-garbled what with talking with his mouth full, “‘specially when you’re stuck livin’ in a dome.” Every day was a sunny day, or at least that was how it felt like when you lived in corridors of neighborhoods etched out in the cliffside of natural canyons, transparent shielding high in the shafts overhead to let in natural sunlight without the harmful side-effects of radiation to worry about.

Alex made a polite noise of amusement, though he didn’t think he’d ever try eating anything that was still alive. Adventurous as he may be, he wasn’t that adventurous, at least not anymore. But as Mabel went on, Alex couldn’t help but frown. An android who just so happened to want to be a father, taking in a fatherless child? It sounded mighty suspicious to him, until she mentioned the orphanage. He relaxed, but couldn’t quite wipe the frown off his face, either. It just sounded... it sounded wrong, for children coming here o wind up in an orphanage. But considering how just about everyone who came here was from some other world, it made sense. It made sense, but he didn’t have to like it.

“Sure,” he said when she asked after his family, answering with more cheer than he felt. “Got a son somewhere ‘round your age, I reckon. His name’s Melas and he dreams pretty big. Wants to be a pilot, just like his daddy.” Alex grinned, but the expression was admittedly forced. He’d even lost his appetite, for Christ’s sake. “Haven’t seen him in a while,” he admitted, smile slipping as his gaze dropped. The half-eaten shawarma was forgotten in his hand. “Don’t think I’ll get to see him anytime soon if you’ve been here a year and then some.”

9. Mabel Pines

Arts and Crafts Master
    Race:
    Human
    Mabel went silent and just stared at the man, eyes widening and a smile starting to form as what he had just said began to fully sink in. It had never occurred to her that this new pal of hers was a Martian. A real live, legit, no, for reals Martian! "You aren't pulling my leg, right?" eyeing Alex suspiciously for a moment, "Do all Martians sound like Texans?" She was suddenly picturing the stereotypical martian in a ten gallon hat and couldn't keep herself from laughing.

There were so, so many questions she wanted to ask in regards to life on Mars in a dome. What did people eat? How were plants grown? If you had a pet were they constantly just flying about and bouncing around in their little pet space suits and helmets? Could one even have pets in space?

Noticing the frown, Mabel put a hand gently on his knee and gave it a pat. "Don't look so sad, it's really kind of nice. I mean, weird... don't get me wrong there, but do you really think it would be great for a kid to just go running around in this weird-o world?" She had done a little of that regardless, "I mean, I dropped down in the desert, and Waddles here knocked over some Prince, it was great! Until the sand got everywhere and he turned out to be something of a butthead." As for him mentioning his son, Mabel just offered another smile, "You might see him again here, you don't know. Just, between you and me, don't shake anyone's hand in saying they can make him appear. I don't think this is fully from someone I know, but I still think he might have a part in it." She was very serious about that fact, no one would fall into another one of Bill's deals if she could help it.

Eyes dropping down to the meal the guy was trying to eat, it dawned on Mabel that she needed to be heading home. While Nick didn't need to eat, at least real food she was pretty sure, he was still trying to set a precedent for family meals when they could. Her stomach growled a little, giving it a little pat and an awkward laugh, "Speaking of food, I do think I need to be headed home, sounds like I could use some food and I gotta make sure that Nick doesn't burn the food again." He wasn't truly that bad, but it could always happen again if she distracted him or worse. Offering her hand out to shake, "It was a pleasure meeting ya, Alex." It was her best attempt to mimic his accent, "I hope you make the most out of this weird place and enjoy the rest of your meal without Waddles trying to beg for scraps." Flashing a massive genuine smile, Mabel bent over to hoist up the pig and began to back away, not necessarily wanting to abandon her new friend, but she didn't want to be late for dinner either. "Don't be a stranger, now! I have a lot of questions for you!" With a wave and a quick turn and stumble, Mabel was off home.

Alex Kamal likes this.