By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private What is Good to Know is Hard to Learn

Discussion in 'Schola Praeditos' started by Chise Hatori, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Chise Hatori

Chise Hatori The Ancient Magus' Bride
    Dearest Child of the Night

Apothecary Clerk
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

But just this once... I want to try.

September 21st

A lot had happened in the months where Chise had been away from the school. Teachers had left, some had gone missing and the headmaster himself had been killed. It was a wonder that it was still running after all of that.

But beyond that, Chise came back to Schola Praeditos with a new goal in mind. She wanted to be able to fight and protect herself and others. She didn't want to have to rely on anyone in this kind of world because it could all be so easily torn away from her. William was already willing to train her, but she thought it was smarter to have more than one teacher to complement the other's teaching.

That was what led her to Robin. She had heard about his class on battle tactics, but he also could do private lessons on magic, which suited her purposes better. So, she went ahead and signed herself up for private lessons.

She had arrived at the classroom a bit earlier than the scheduled time and sat down at one of the desks. She couldn't deny that she was feeling very nervous, having a private class with a teacher she had never met before, but she was trying to not let it get to her. Thankfully, she still had Ruth with her. The Black Dog had shifted into his human form, taking a seat next to her as they both waited for her teacher to arrive.

@Robin

#1 Chise Hatori, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Robin likes this.
  2. Robin

Robin Fire Emblem

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    This new life was rather well-suited for Robin. Despite the...strange and rather rocky start, he was mostly certain this wasn't an illusion by Grima. Mostly. There were still moments in which he held doubt. Normally when alone in his thoughts; little details drawing to the surface making him question the very fabric of reality. But then every time Grima brushed against the back of his mind, he was reminded that it was impossible. Were this Grima's doing, why would the creature still be within him? Forced to be a background noise within his life. Despite having given in to Grima, there also didn't appear to be any signs that it was a binding contract. Simply words in which ended in him transported here. He was still...cautious. Whenever he felt out of sorts, he made a point to be far away from people. Were he to lose his grasp on Grima, he'd prefer to have time to try to fight it himself.

...Even if he was certain the possession would be swift, and he would be powerless.

Robin sat within his office, grading some quizzes from a few days prior. He always attempted to grade things swiftly, so people knew where they stood within his class. So far, they were going mostly well. He knew the quiz was just that; a simple quiz. Simply making sure they were grasping the basics, honestly. And if he noticed a trend of people not getting something specific, that was on him. Even then - anyone who missed something he made a quiet note in his own notebook for. Casually curious to see if it was simply a slip of their mind, or they genuinely weren't grasping the concept.

Again, that would be a fault of his own - not them.

Robin's finger quietly spun the golden ring around his left ring-finger as he worked. A vow to a person who was technically in Pandora just...a different version of reality. One in which he either kept his feelings to himself, or wed someone else. The former was far more likely than the latter.

Entire situation was...difficult. He didn't really know what to do. Avoiding the question if he could, since it felt like it would add a weight to a friendship he genuinely wouldn't trade anything for. So for now, his feelings were carefully tucked away; yet the ring remained on his finger. For whatever reason, he couldn't will himself to take it off.

He'd try again in a few days.

Realizing how he had lost track of time, he pushed himself to his feet and walked down the hall - surprised to find not one, but two students within the classroom. Robin hesitated at the door, before smiling and walking in.

"You must be Chise Hatori," his eyes on the girl, before shifting to her companion at the desk next to her, "And...I apologize, I don't believe I know your name…?" he quirked a brow, as he set his notebook on the desk in the front of the class - quickly reminding himself of her and her needs.

"Well, let's start simple. Can you tell me about your prior experience with magic, and its uses?" he asked - taking the notebook with him, as he went towards the desk in front of her - sitting himself backwards in the chair to face her, notebook gently sat on his lap.

Chise Hatori likes this.
  3. Chise Hatori

Apothecary Clerk
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

But just this once... I want to try

The teacher was understandably confused when he came in to see two people in the classroom. This was supposed to be a private lesson, after all, and Chise was the only one who signed up for this one.

"Oh, this is Ruth. He's not a student here. He's...." she trailed off, debating whether she should be straightforward about it or just go with the usual white lies. "... he's my familiar, he kind of plays a role in my magic." No point in hiding a familiar in a magic school, after all, even if Ruth looked human at the moment.

Ruth didn't say anything about it, as usual. His gaze was focused on the teacher but there was an... odd distrust in his eyes. That wasn't uncommon usually, he had never been quick to trust strangers, but Ruth was usually a bit looser in the school, since it was a more protected environment. Usually, if Ruth was acting like this, it meant that he was picking up on something that she wasn't, Was it just Robin's magic, or something else...?

Returning her focus to her teacher instead of her familiar, Chise stroked her chin as she thought of how to answer his question, her eyes looking downward as she thought. "I've learned bits and pieces of different things. I know some basic healing magic, some defense spells and I was also taught how to control plants," she explained, eyes now meeting with Robin's. "I'm best at creating magic potions though. I used to help my former mentor make medicine, both normal and magical, so it was something I used to practice often."

#3 Chise Hatori, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Robin likes this.
  4. Robin

Robin Fire Emblem

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Robin rose a brow at Chise admitting that the...extra person wasn't a student.

"A boyfriend then?" he volunteered before - oh, "Or...something else entirely. My apologies," he quickly backpedaled as he was informed that was her familiar. Just..a bit different. This was what he got for assuming.

"Pleased to meet you Ruth," he recovered with a nod, "Guess you're sort of a student of mine as well, by connection," a smile on his lips, as he settled into place in front of them.

Ruth was...quiet. Likely only taking the form of a human, for whatever reason. Something...concerning in those eyes, however. Something that put Robin on edge. While it was tempting to ignore it, it wasn't exactly the best way to start out a bond between people - especially since he was the familiar to someone who Robin was planning on spending a decent amount of time with, to assist with her skill.

"I...apologize, but did I do something to offend you, Ruth?" he asked, genuinely concerned.

When the topic switched to Chise's skil - Robin grabbed his notebook - quickly jotting down her abilities as she described them. It was lovely that this world had something called pens; quills with ink built in. While he still used quills quite often - there was something unspeakably easy and handy about having ink always at hand - with just a click of his thumb.

"Control plants? I haven't heard nor seen that one before," he smiled, "Now two questions for you, Chise: are there any of those skills you can show me easily at the moment? And what aspect of magic do you have an interest in honing exactly?"

Chise Hatori likes this.
  5. Chise Hatori

Apothecary Clerk
    Race:
    Human/Sleigh Beggy
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

But just this once... I want to try"

The suggestion of Ruth being her boyfriend was aggressively ignored by both of them. They both saw each other more like siblings than master and servant, so to suggest that they were dating... well, it was probably more disturbing to Chise than Ruth, given he likely had different views on such things, but still... not a pleasant thought.

Professor Robin seemed to catch on to Ruth's suspicion very quickly, forcing Chise to take action so as to keep things from getting too awkward. "I'm sorry, he's like that around strangers. He's very protective of me, kinda like a guard dog."

"I'm not a dog," Ruth finally spoke, snapping out of his suspicious behavior to instead shoot an annoyed look at his "sister".

"You were a dog," she corrected, sighing.

Trying to get things back on track before the two of them made themselves to look like a pair of weirdos, Chise focused on what she had come here to learn in the first place. Robin wanted her to show him what she could do with her magic, but given the setting...

"Well, if there were any plants in here, I think I could show it. My healing magic can also be used to fix broken objects, if there're any," she explained, eyes scanning her surroundings before settling back on Robin. "As for why I'm here... I want to learn magic for combat. As I am right now, I... I'm not very capable of fighting on my own." She sighed again.

Robin likes this.