HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private What the future holds...

Discussion in 'Morhall' started by Maes Hughes, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Maes Hughes

Maes Hughes Fullmetal Alchemist

Father
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    7th of January, afternoon

Maes had been here for a while now, he'd gotten a nice cushy job of helping look after Morhall. With Roy and Riza helping him in similar positions, days were pretty good for him and his daughter. Though he wished his wife was here and so did his daughter they still made the best of it, they had so many others they knew as friends but considered family. Roy was basically his brother and Riza his sister while Ed and Al were like siblings to his daughter, he always looked after them if only for their and Roy's sake. He'd never admit it but he thought highly of Ed and Al, for what they were trying to do for one another. But Roy had been acting odd, so he thought talking to Riza may help as Roy wasn't known to be all that forthcoming later.

He'd gone fairly silent when Maes had brought up the whole future Roy thing, being that it was likely that him and Riza might be from some future time. So he'd found a time when Riza wasn't with Roy and approached her, he knocked and if he was allowed in. Maes would come in like he often would, because that's how he was and this time it was a little more underhanded. "Hello Riza, want to see new pictures of Elicia. The cameras in this place are really good, you can even have them on your phone. See" exclaimed Maes as he came in with his phone facing Riza with pics of her on the phone. A whole bunch of them, then when he got closer to Riza he put a little serious face on.

"So what's this I hear about you and Roy having issues, the not technically married couple having their first spat. Or is there something you're not telling me" he asked Riza, hinting at the fact he was on to something they'd possibly both been hiding from him. They knew he wasn't an idiot and although he wasn't an alchemist Maes was an investigator, how long did they think they could hold something back from him.

@Riza Hawkeye

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  2. Riza Hawkeye

Riza Hawkeye Fullmetal Alchemist

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Her work day had ended early, for once, and Riza had decided to use the free time to do some necessary cleaning around her apartment. It did the dual duty of keeping her hands and mind busy and filling up the time, since she had nothing else of note to do with it. If bullets weren't at such a premium she'd probably have been out at her impromptu shooting range, using this painful energy in herself to some kind of other use, but there wasn't a chance of getting any more until later today, and that was if the delivery person could get through. Her apartment was never less than 'actually clean' and now, motivated as she was, it was approaching 'absolutely sparkling', which was amazing for living in a cave.

A knock on the door drew her attention, and Hayate's, and as the dog lifted his head she wrung out her cleaning cloth and set it back into the bucket of warm water. It was easy to tell it was Hughes, even from the knock; after this many years working together, the observant woman had picked up more than a few details like that. For a moment she wondered at his reason for coming, but it was a moot point. Regardless of whatever the answer was, she was still going to open the door. So she did, utterly calm if a little confused, and while she spared the barest look for his phone she immediately looked back at him with a raised brow and a skeptical expression.

She knew this trick very well, and without the Amestrian generals looking over their shoulders it was probably more habit than anything else- or the hope of disarming her and making her more likely to talk. Either way, she knew the game, and as soon as he talked her and Roy and 'not knowing' she could guess what he really meant. Mustang hadn't said a word- which was ironically hypocritical, considering the reason for their 'spat'. Sighing, she opened the door wider and stepped aside. "Come in, Hughes. Have a seat."

3. Maes Hughes

Father
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Riza had opened the door and given him the look, one that said she knew what he was doing but couldn't help but allow it. He knew that he could be annoying about he felt it was his charm and way of keeping people happy or at least avoiding thinking of unhappy thoughts. Maes smiled and put his phone away, he loved all this technology this place had but for now that wasn't the point of his visit. "Thank you" replied Maes as he walked in and found the place close to sparkling, must've been Riza's way of getting rid of stress when she couldn't do rifle practise.

He took as seat and cleaned his glasses a little before putting them back on his face "So what's been going on Riza, you guys rarely fight with one another. At least bad enough that you're this annoyed, and don't think I didn't pick up on the way you and Roy acted when I arrived. I wasn't the head of investigation department for nothing remember, so are you going to level with me" expressed Maes in a serious tone that was only rare for the usually pleasant man. But he wanted to get down to what was going on with the two, and why they and even the Elric's seemed a little strange around him.

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  4. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    It was almost a game, guessing how long Maes might carry on the small talk before moving onto the topic that was really at hand. The Lieutenant Colonel didn't tend to give away much in his demeanor unless you knew exactly what to look for and with the way she was trying to keep her own expression stoic, calm and collected- and avoiding giving away too much herself- it didn't leave her much attention for that. So a guessing game it would have to be, and hopefully not a long one. There was enough on her mind and a coal stove that could still stand to be scrubbed for another minute or so.

As he sat down she went to set the kettle over the stove's heating element and brought out a couple mugs and her teapot. Oh good, he was going for the direct approach. Well, it was going to take a few minutes for the water to heat up anyway, so she sighed silently and walked into the sitting area and took the chair across from Maes' own. Level with him? Honestly that wasn't a hard proposition- likely he knew something anyway, or he wouldn't be here, and he was a good intelligence officer. Moreover, he was a friend, if not as close to her as he was to Roy, but he tended to let his own mind guide him, not his biases. Hopefully that still held true.

But that still left the question of what exactly he knew so far, and despite everything she was still on the fence about telling Hughes about his own fate in Amestris. "You are a good intelligence officer, but I'm not sure why you're here gathering information when Mustang knows as well as I do. And he's easier to read," she replied, a faint tone of her usual dry humor in her voice as she quirked a curious brow. "Or is he giving everyone the silent treatment?" A faint frown fell over her features that; not talking to Hughes, even in vague terms, was a very dark sign. "It's a long story and I'm sure you've had your own lovers quarrels before. It's likely to bore you."

5. Maes Hughes

Father
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "He maybe easier to read but he's harder to get things out of, he's a very blood from a stone type of person when he sets his mind on something" replied Maes to Riza's comments about gathering information here and if Roy was giving him the silent treatment though it was more like the beat around the bush or brush off treatment. "More like he's trying very hard not to talk about something that's making it easy to see he's hiding something big" added Maes and he wasn't referring to Roy's feelings for Hawkeye because those were obvious.

Maes smiled about her comment about lover's quarrels, it was the first time she'd ever admitted anything of the sort between them "Lover's huh" smirked Maes at Riza before continuing "Nothing wrong with a long story, they often tell you useful things. And I can tell something's up with Roy, not to mention the slip up he had when I arrived her. There's something I need to know and neither of you are telling me, I know I could get it easily from the Elric's but I want to hear it from one of your guys" informed Maes in a serious tone denoting the fact he was wise to something up about everyone's reactions too him.

6. Riza Hawkeye

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    She didn't even spare a roll of her eyes at his little observational quip- so far as she knew, that was assumed anyway, why bother scraping over that particular fact? The water was boiling and she picked up the kettle on the first whistle, pouring hot water into the pot and setting that on the tray before bringing it into the main room and laying the spread onto the coffee table. Maybe that would offer another distraction from answering relationship questions-

Except that wasn't what he was asking, and she glanced up with a moment's surprise and quirked a brow at Maes. What had Roy let slip? Evidently not the painful stuff, as usual, but certainly where the information could come from- which was certainly petty of him, but she would reserve judgment until she knew whether or not it was on purpose. "I'm sure there's a lot the boys could tell you," she agreed, still all stoic calm as she sat down and looked at him from across the table, mostly because she very much doubted it- they were from far earlier than her as well. Should she tell Hughes the truth then? He was a mature individual, and deserved the warning.

"The fact is I'm from further in the future than everyone else seems to be. There were some things that seemed moot, especially after arriving here. Mustang disagreed," she told him, settling on that explanation of things.