By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Wheel of Time

Discussion in 'Fandom Discussion' started by Steel, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Steel

Steel ✧・゚: *✧・゚* we are starstuff *・゚✧*:・゚✧
    Community Relations Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Knight Radiant
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

[​IMG]

@Librus @Duck @Chessur + anyone else I've somehow convinced to start reading this series whose names elude me atm, either by shoving download links at them or just continuously talking about the series they got curious and looked into it themselves 8'DDD

and also @Keira @Metus @Silv @Iliad who've already read the series

(wow, we actually have a lot of people who've read/are reading this series on the site I AM SO EXCITED WHEEEEE)

• What book/chapter are you on?
    • What are your thoughts so far?
    • Favorite/hated characters?
    • Theories for upcoming/hinted at plots?

Tell me everythinggggg.

Metus likes this.
  2. Metus

Metus The Puppeteer

Programmer
    Race:
    Hamster
    Directory:
    link
    I'm still at book 5, "The Fires of Heaven" as it's called in English, but "Vuur uit de Hemel" when it's in the language I'm reading in. =P Since I gotten it from some thing where my mother needed to buy something or she'd loose her membership, so she pushed the paper in my hands and see if there were any books I'd be interested in. lol...

Anyhow, I'd be possibly further if not a certain someone *cough*Silv*cough* kept taking my books to read the series as well. I've been most fan of Perrin and thought of apping him at one point, but since then Steel already apped the guy and is great at him. xD Outside that, I loooooooove Siuan Sanche. o.o Also a bit of a fan of Asmodean, cause he's rather interesting in my eyes. But I still have a long way to go, but I do have the entire series if the books didn't keep vanishing from my bookcase. I quite like the series, but I also have some trouble with time on reading with all the other things I've got to do. I tried reading at work, but since a few months my colleagues been dragging me off to play table tennis with them. (I hope I got that sport's name right.) So yeah, no chance on reading or anything during my breaks, lol.

I got not much else. ._.;; I'm just curious to see what happens next since last I had was a part with Nynaeve and Birgitte... and some others, but I don't want to spoil things for the newer readers. -rolls-

Steel likes this.
  3. Chessur

Chessur Guest

I'm in book 3! The Dragon Reborn. anD HOPPER IS MY FAV OKAY. Seriously if I could app a wolf, I would app Hopper in a heartbeat he's just uughh ksdjfns my precious wolf. But if we're talking about actual people, then Min and Lan are my favs. Min is just so great and I love her so much ksjdnfs I need to know all the things about her. All of them ever. Like right now. And then Lan is just amazing and I can't get enough of him and okay seriously just my thoughts when it comes to my favs are just all over the place but I love them so much skdjfns

I rlly also don't have much else to add rn. I have to return to reading so I can know more~

Metus likes this.
  4. Steel

Steel ✧・゚: *✧・゚* we are starstuff *・゚✧*:・゚✧
    Community Relations Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Knight Radiant
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

@Metus
    Oh gosh, Metus, I didn't even realize you'd never gotten past the 5th book! I'm so sorry if I ever inadvertently spoiled you about things that happen down the line, oops. But yes, Perrin is my bae. Sorry for yoinking him! But not really sorry bc I love him too much, ahem. Siuan is cool too, though!

Stop playing table tennis and KEEP READING, DAMMIT.

And gosh, you're at that part. With Nynaeve and Birgitte. Hohohohoho. Good stuff, good stuff. That's one of the most gripping plotlines in the book, my friend.

@Chessur
    tbqh if you apped Hopper I would be on cloud nine, I mean. HE'S INTELLIGENT, YOU PROBABLY COULD?? I don't know, I just. Hopper, man. Hopper.

MIN AND LAN ARE GREAT TOO, AAAAAH. Just you wait. You'll get a lot of feels down the road. Just you waaaaait~

Metus likes this.
  5. Chessur

Chessur Guest

I CAN'T APP THIS MANY PPL!!!

hopPER skjnfkjd my precious wolf like what would I even do with him. besides all the things I mean. bc everyone obviously needs to thread with this wolf.

I am prepared for the feels! by which I mean I am not prepared at all ever

Metus and Steel like this.
  6. Iliad

Iliad Guest

um excuse you did you mention wolves

I'd thread with a wolf lET'S GO

(because I play cheza ahaha Get It??? I'm almost never on my ooc account omfg I'm awful)

bUT OH MAN OKAY I'm going to ramble a bit

I started reading wheel of time when I was... super super young - idk, eleven? twelve? and having such a long set of books that took me a few days to get through was just such a nice thing, though back then I missed like almost all the symbolism and character development. I've basically reread the first half of the series idk... something like six times, and the latter half about twice - but I've only read a memory of light once so far! my full reread of the series has been interrupted because my brother lost fires of heaven and I'm waiting for him to buy me a new copy haha

my fave books are liiikely the dragon reborn, the shadow rising, and a memory of light, though I rank all the sanderson books really highly!

while I also love lotr, wheel of time falls as idk more prosaic and easier to tackle in a lot of ways so it'll always be one of my favourite fantasy series, even if I've outgrown a lot of aspects of it or simply can see all the flaws or things I disagree with!

also I love nynaeve like wOAH best character right here. similarly best characters: aviendha, the Main Three, egwene, moiraine, verin, thom, tuon, birgitte and like idk ten more I can't think of immediately. my fave in the forsaken is moridin! idk if all of you have necessarily met him yet, I forget when he's properly shown but. yeah.

I love these books and they held a v big sway on me as a teenager and aaaaaa <3

Metus, Faile Bashere and Steel like this.
  7. Keira

Keira Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    I love Wheel of Time. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

You know, just in case me playing three WoT ladies doesn't show that enough.

I've read the series 4 times with the exception of ToM and AMOL. I'm on my 2nd read of ToM and have only read AMOL once. My favourite characters are, jointly, Nynaeve and Mat. I love them both, and the developments they both go through. Faile is my 3rd favourite lady from the series, behind Aviendha. I can't even rave about the bits I love because we have WoT-newbies here, but... HNNNNG. I LOVE IT.

Metus likes this.
  8. Silv

Silv Guest

i think he didnt get further cause when he was reading a book, it miraculously disappear i took it with me and he couldnt continue reading

edit: oh, and during the time i was working on the app, i lent a lot of his books temporarily (without his notice)

9. Metus

Metus The Puppeteer

Programmer
    Race:
    Hamster
    Directory:
    link
    No worries, Steel. I've spoiled myself quite a bit during the time I couldn't continue reading. But yeah, I'm trying to keep reading. Tomorrow's last day of work, so hopefully this summer vacation I can do some reading. ._.;; And I'm just past the part where... well... something happens in that bit with Nynaeve and Birgitte, quite a meeting and stuff. *cough* Also what happens after... hmm...

Anyway, I still have a long way to go... And @Silv, either start telling me when you take them or actually return them. I know you're past that book and I want to be able to read onward, seriously...

10. Mako

Mako MINUS FIVE STARS

Prole
    Race:
    Goblin
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    okay SO:

• Currently I am on THE VERY FIRST BOOK (gasp) The Eye of the World.
    • which is why (all due respect) I've not read a single post in this thread
    • They've just gone to Ghost City aka Shadar Logoth and Rand's basically having a TERRIBLE TIME so god knows what Spook Central is going to be like.
    • I like all of these characters, but my fave is Thom
    • Theories? Man I don't even know, honestly up until now it's been somewhat hard to predict. The rough structure isn't dissimilar to LOTR, but the introduction of weird-ass not--quite-dreams makes this anyone's game and I hesitate to predict what's going to happen next.
    I'm really, really enjoying WoT so far. It's very similar to LOTR in some ways, but the added complexity in worldbuilding - meaning no slight to good ol' Prof. Tolkien of course - means I'm really digging the actual world of the book more than I have any story since... I dunno, to be honest. What is also nice is that, being a 1000000-book-long series, it fills my time nicely and makes those long train journeys into work something to look forward to.

anyway dems my thinks

Duck, Keira and Steel like this.
  11. Duck

Duck shia le beowulf

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    I'M ONLY A YEAR LATE TO THIS BUT here's the deal.

I've read the first three books twice. I've yet to get to book four. XD The first time, I stopped for a while and forgot everything, so I restarted...a few months ago now. I read two books over a weekend and had to stop because I was burned the fuck out. SOON THOUGH.

ANYWAY, my favorite characters are Nynaeve and Moiraine. Also Thom. Also Rand.

I already know a lot of what happens during the books I've not read because I spoiled myself a lot trying to figure out the channeling power scale. I'm still not sure I understand it, but whatevs. Anyway, talking about theories would be pointless because I already know. xD

Keira and Steel like this.