HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private When Unknowingly In Need Of Help

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Midna, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Midna

Midna The Legend of Zelda

Princess
    Race:
    Twili
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Date: October 17th
    @Fareeha Amari
    Recovery had been taking a while for Midna, and that was honestly an understatement. She'd had her foe from so long ago no less show up in this new world but after he had fought with her, he had harmed her to the point she could have very well died. And she nearly did. If it wasn't for Yondu, the woman surely would have succumbed to the death that coldly waited for her at the end of a special blade Ganondorf of all people definitely should not have had. She was still healing, and she didn't know to what extent her powers might have returned because she didn't want to even think about using them, not when she'd come so close to losing everything else. And where was Link still? Midna had not seen him in so long that it was depressing, he was the one she fought for here after she had been taken from her people again, something she was still more than a little bitter of in all honesty.

Now the woman had found herself in Cascade Bay when she had been well enough to move, to feel safe enough to be able to hide within the shadows. That had been fun, having to hide away all through the long hours of the day until he was able to head out finally at some point to be able to enjoy the actual outside for a bit. Sighing softly to herself, Midna found herself outside now exactly like that. Yondu wasn't with her on her own insistence, having wanted to be away and feel like she didn't just rely on someone else or would have to for the rest of her miserable life. She found herself somewhere along one of the very many beaches, her legs pulled up to her chest, the chest she had taken to keeping hidden now considering the large remnants of the wound she had left behind on it.

Leaning her torso back just a bit, the woman peered down past the shawl she wore to examine said wound, the scar looking odd against her blue skin and a reminder she didn't like seeing all too much. Quietly Midna hugged her knees up to her chest once more, eyelids fluttering shut as she relived those cold and lonesome moments on her own. Snapping out of it with a cry swallowed up by the sounds of the waves, the woman pressed a hand over her heart before she sighed to herself once more and took to being distracted with looking at the ocean. Little did she know that there was a looming fighter pilot in her mech breezing through the skies above her head, perhaps just as much in need of company as she was.

2. Fareeha was doing the usual, or the last of them rounds, a little bored if anything. For a new, alien world there was surprisingly little conflict, at least here by the sea. She'd actually drifted off into her own mind as she admired the scenery, when a shock of vibrant blue pulled her from her reverie. A tall, blue woman it seemed, looking off into the distance.

The woman felt a pang of.... familiarity. Fareeha, although 'leader of the pack' in the army, was a solitary soul herself, and outside of the army, was useless at making friends. Especially women. And one of her very few friends, Angela, had recently gone missing, meaning what little remained of Fareeha's social support was rapidly dwindling too. She hovered quietly, perching on a nearby ledge.

She knew she couldn't stay away from a soul in pain. She recognised too much of herself in the blue being. "Hello..." she called, gently swooping down and landing, crouched, at the woman's side. Seating herself beside her she leaned back into her hands. "As picturesque as you look in the twilight, I don't think you're here for the photo-op.", she laughed, "I feel we're alike." She fell into silence, following Midna's gaze, but she didn't introduce herself, nor try make more conversation than that for now. If the surprisingly tall woman was looking to talk, she would talk, if she didn't want to, Fareeha knew that sometimes, what you really needed, was someone to sit in silence with you, for a little while, so you weren't sitting with your grief alone.

Midna likes this.
  3. Midna

Princess
    Race:
    Twili
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    As Midna's own senses were more than a little out of order at the moment and she wasn't the best at protecting herself in taking great notice of her surroundings, but thankfully her Twili Wolfo still had his own wits about him. The beast could not be seen for the moment, hidden within the long shadow the woman cast behind her, but she could hear him, growling at the prospect of the newcomer being a possible danger towards its master. Calming the beast she glanced over to the side where the being had come into view now, what with her shiny blue armour and head sticking out of the top of her suit. She looked peculiar to say the least, and as Midna's crimson eyes regarded the foreigner, she soon found her eyes returning back to the water and the horizon ahead.

She understood what Fareeha was saying, and beyond the words she understood that the odd stranger was offering her a bit of company in a lonely moment. At that point, the blue being didn't know if she wanted to vanish, make the stranger vanish, or... or to what? Sighing softly to herself once more, the woman bowed her head to her folded arms over her knees once more, watching as the waves gently rolled in and kissed at her bare feet.
    "What world do you come from where you sit down and speak to a stranger? You do not have the pointed ears of a Hylian, I only know of their race to be as open and trusting right away as you are." Midna pointed out, uncaring whether or not the woman got the gist of what she was talking about, for she was perhaps speaking mostly to herself.

"Pain is rampant across all worlds and within all beings. So in that sense, we are not alike, but the disease of cruelty is common." Midna was defensive, more than usual. There was no spark in her eyes, no playful tone that usually came with her demeanour, now all that was left was the lost soul of a queen who merely wished to return to her people, not be taken from them so shortly after again. Eyes downcast, the woman had dug her fingers into the sand, watching as the wave pulled the water and sand away from between her fingers, a sad reminder of how easily things were taken away in a matter of moments.
    "Your name, stranger."

4. Laughing, Fareeha thought that Midna was quite astute. She nodded, thinking that she, in this case, was indeed as alien as the blue woman before her.
    "I suppose we're both alien to each other, in more than one sense." she replied, answering as plainly as she could. "I am human, but we are a warlike species, not usually accepting of things that we perceive as 'the other'. I am a soldier, I vowed to defend the innocent, whether they are 'the other', or not. So to answer your question, my kind are not usually open and trusting. Honestly, neither am I, but I'm a good judge of character. You don't seem to be looking for a fight, forgive me if I misstepped in feeling you might need company."

She only nodded again at the words Midna spoke of cruelty, feeling no need to reply in words. She thought about the open ocean and remembered her own crew, although not a race, she always felt closest to them here, as the ocean deceivingly implied they could be just over it, if you were willing to cross. Knowing nothing of Midna's thoughts, she said nothing of that either, replying only when asked her name.

"Fareeha." she answered, "May I ask yours? Your mind seems far away, at home perhaps?"

EXORDIUM likes this.
  5. Midna

Princess
    Race:
    Twili
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Midna simply raised a hand and waved of the woman's apology, not interested in hearing such words in all honesty as it left her feeling more than a little bit stale. Apologies never meant much and she certainly didn't even hear them as much as she deserved to. Or perhaps she had just become used to her friend that had said so little in their journeys together.

Regarding the woman at her side once more, she could only snort at the description of the world she had come from, thinking that this race she was so proud to be from sounded rather close to some people she knew. Watching the water wash away the sand from between her fingers once more, Midna was left pondering on the name Fareeha had spoken. She'd certainly not heard of it or anything alike in her time, even here in Pandora she'd not heard of a name quite like that.

"My name is Midna and I have no home. Not any more." Perhaps it wasn't exactly true, but it was complicated. Her home had been with her people she had just gotten back to, but she'd been stolen from them, and on top of that, the one person she'd met her and felt like she could actually be close to... she'd left somewhere around Pandora because of how frightened she'd become about being around him.

Safe to say the mention of 'home' left a bitter taste in the princess's mouth.

"But I suppose this is then the situation of most, if not all in Pandora. This home of yours, with your people, do you harm the planet like you do to each other?" Anything was easier than focusing on herself. So it would have to be about Fareeha for now, the elder's red eyes darting to her impromptu guest for a brief moment, the waves still washing up warmly around Midna's legs as she did so.

6. Fareeha stopped apologising when Midna waved her hand off, respecting that for whatever reason, it didn't mean much to her, or perhaps she just didn't need it. The blue being made a snort, and Fareeha couldn't help but smile. She wasn't wrong to snort, humans had a long way to go. She wasn't about to defend them for doing what they did, she knew it wasn't just.

"Anyone like that sound familiar? I hear a few species behave like brutes, as we, unfortunately do." she asked, curiously, and nodded at Midna's name and declaration ,"No-one here has a home anymore. I... can relate to that." she offered. Her garrison, even if she went back, would have moved on from her. Promoted another leader, she even knew who she'd chosen for them to promote in her absence. What she didn't know, is that, in a sense, she .... another version of her, was still there. Joking, laughing being the leader she always had been. "We all just have to make do with here, I suppose. But it's not easy. Hell.... feels impossible."

The woman just nodded at the allegation, that her people destroyed their planet almost without hesitation. It was only a few eco warriors that fought for it now, and in all honesty, it was devastating. But Fareeha was aware that Midna was avoiding questions about herself so simply looked at her, as if to ask, 'and yours?' "If you don't mind me saying, your eyes are quite striking... I've not seen anything quite like them here before. " She was keeping mostly formal, sensing the woman, sat here quietly washing her woes away into the ocean, was of higher standing than herself. How high, she had absolutely no idea.

Midna likes this.
  7. Midna

Princess
    Race:
    Twili
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    The princess had a mix of deadpan and 'done with this' expression when asked if she knew anyone like that, her head turning in Fareeha's direction before dropping to the side to show how 'done with that question' she really was.
    "Don't we all know someone like that? Its pathetic... There's always someone who isn't happy with a situation. There's always someone who wants more. More they don't deserve." Midna sighed, looking back towards the welcoming waters quietly.

"No... No my people never harmed like others do. The only time they did was when captured, controlled, and used to harm others whilst having no ability to fight back against their captors." Midna was defensive about her Twili people but not without reason. All she had said was the truth, that they had never harmed anyone else for there had simply been no reason to do so, especially considering how she had now been ripped from them... They had no guidance and she hoped they were just being... left alone. That was the most she could ask for.

"I hope they can forgive their leader not being there for them now. But one day, some day, I have absolute faith I will return to them."