HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private where we belong

Discussion in 'Cascade Sands & Docks' started by Billyboy, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Billyboy

Billyboy A Clockwork Orange

TBD
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    September 5, Year 7

Shortly after "One Came Back"

Billyboy's old feeling of numbness hadn't changed much, but holy fuck, his level of annoyance at this...semi-forsaken spit of land had. Maybe it had finally risen too high, since he seriously felt as though his sad malenky mind would pretty much explode at any minute nowadays.

Good thing it didn't live up to all the nasty feelings and actually stayed put instead, though. If it hadn't, he wouldn't have been able to stop himself at a certain point on the beach in time. Neither, perhaps, would he have received a certain necessary mental note right before he stepped off of the beach and right into the rising tide:

This is exactly where you need to be. Try not to move until we get there.

"Whatever you say," he managed in a half-whisper, but only after he sat himself down upon a log and kept his hands where they would all see 'em. It was now the gods'/demigods' turn to make their move.

================================================​

[ @Apollo @Will Solace :: Let me know if I need to edit anything! ]

#1 Billyboy, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Apollo and Will Solace like this.
  2. Apollo

Apollo Percy Jackson and the Olympians

God | Teacher | Nurse | Musician
    Race:
    Olympian God
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Apollo couldn't help but pout a little as he appeared on the sands of the beach. He had really wanted Will to come with him but the boy had refused. It wasn't that he didn't have a good reason of course. His son was in recovery. But at the same time he had really wanted them to do this as a family. After all, he was about to introduce a new member into it. It made sense that Will should be there. Why he wouldn't just let him heal him was beyond him. But, alas, there was, standing alone, on the beach, looking upon the young man he wished to adopt.

"Wow, what's with the new look? You looked like you were just pulled out of a wilderness magazine," Apollo said as he examined Billyboy. The pout disappeared and an amused grin took it's place. He really did look like it too unshaven as he was. And here Apollo thought he couldn't take on a stranger look for a man who looked as young as he did.

"I have to say that look is doing nothing for you. I think our first step in your rehabilitation will be a shave and a wardrobe change," he continued, before he reached out and rested a hand on Billyboy's shoulder affectionately as a father might his child or a friend might to their friend. Perhaps he should have asked him where he had been or what he had been doing but he knew the answer to the first question and the second was in the past and no longer relevant. He intended to focus on the there and now.

Billyboy and Fleet like this.
  3. Billyboy

TBD
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Exactly one second later, there he was in all of his flashy glory. Goldish locks, quirky disposition, and not a fuckin' scratch on himself anywhere...as far as he could tell, of course. He'd been sure to bring the goats along for this little chatter session, and at least they were sure to ma-a-a appreciatively before they went and trotted up to him.

Too bad he himself couldn't exactly do the same. Not just because Apollo was like standing right in front of him, oh no. It was because he'd just about wilted like a rotted strawberry during the last season, and it might take a lot more than another season to get himself back to some state of normalcy.

Oh, Apollo tried to lighten the mood, all right. He had the good sense to bring up appearances as some kind of a joke, and maybe even try to get Billyboy himself on board with it as opposed to those freaks who only used it as a way of walking all over himself. By rights, he probably should have laughed, or at least done his best to crack a grin even if it was lopsided as fuck-all.

Sadly, though, the best he could do was silently visualize Will Solace's face and then add a big old question mark beside it. Dead, alive, or just plain refusing to talk to himself any more? A part of himself just had to know, and he hoped this Apollo would be the one to tell him so.

Apollo likes this.
  4. Apollo

Race:
    Olympian God
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    When the goats trotted up to him and starting bahing for his attention, Apollo smiled and pulled a hand full of grains out of his pocket. Holding it out to them, he gave them each a look over with a keen eye that knew the health of lifestock on sight alone. They looked healthy enough as they shoved each other to the side to get at the grain in his hand. The image made Apollo chuckle as he reached out with the other hand and ran it across their wool and fur.

"You certainly haven't been lax in your responsibilities regarding these two," Apollo said, turning his attention back to Billyboy who was being far to silent for his liking. What was he waiting for? A hug? I mean, Apollo could give him a hug if he really wanted it but that seemed like an odd desire from someone like Billyboy. No. It had to be something else. Something more substantial to the moment. Something...

Then it clicked.

"Ah, you must be wondering where Will is," he continued with a look that looked more disgruntled than it probably should have. He had really wanted Will to be there for this. But with things as they were and the fact that Will did not want Apollo to heal him... Well, it just wasn't possible it would seem. Why did will have to be so damned stubborn? One things for certain, he didn't get that from his side of the family.

... Alright, maybe he did. But still. It didn't mean he had to be annoying about it.

"Don't worry. He's currently in the hospital recovering from his torture. He's doing very well seeing as he's still not allowing me to heal him. But what can you do beyond forcing it?" Apollo said with a sigh and a shrug.

Billyboy likes this.
  5. Billyboy

TBD
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Torture. Responsibility. Stupid fuckin' world pretty much loved to wave these words around in his face, all right, but it hadn't done all that much to lessen the one and honor the other, now, had it?

"Blake."

It also looked like it was barely lifting a finger to stop the third, let alone bothering to even pretend to give a shit about what that one did to just about everybody else. Come to think of it, even if he had been gone for a season, barely one single fucking thing had changed when it came to the Bay's complete and total lack of security.

"Guess I should have stuck around a bit longer, right? At least I might've been able to put a bullet down his throat..."

@Apollo

#5 Billyboy, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Apollo likes this.
  6. Apollo

Race:
    Olympian God
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Apollo honestly didn't like to think about Blake around other people. It put him out of sorts in a way that even he could not explain. He could still remember everything that had happened to both him and Will during their time as his captive. He remembered what it felt to be starved, dehydrated, beat and watch his son's pain knowing that he could do nothing about it even if he wanted to. He felt his fists clench against the memories and a glow started to surround him without him really noticing it.

"Oh, don't worry about Blake. He'll pay dearly for what he has done. I promised him that much before he even laid a finger on my son to hurt him," the god said, his voice full of conviction. He was already well into works on possible torments he could put him through that might match the ones he had put them through. He had yet to put these ideas into action though. No, he had to wait for the perfect moment. Once that moment happened he would show him no mercy though. Just like he had shown neither Will or him any mercy.

"But that is neither here nor there. I didn't come here to talk about me. I came here to talk about you," Apollo continued, turning his thoughts away from Philip and back to the young man who stood before him. "What do you intend to do now that you've returned home, Billyboy?"

Billyboy likes this.
  7. Billyboy

TBD
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Maybe it was his turn to go like balling his fists up, if only 'cause he'd seen Apollo do it first.

"That's easy. I'll just go and do what I've always done."

If not, maybe he'd do so anyway no thanks to himself still feeling fuckin' fed up with the whole thing.

"I'll get shot at endlessly by Pandora Town's invaders, and when I try to talk to anyone in the Bay about it, never mind other topics of concern, I'll be ignored for not being able to read minds and automatically knowing who all the villains are, or else I'll be flat-out laughed at because apparently, 'real' heroes get magical rings and everyone who doesn't must secretly be a supervillain in disguise."

But really, why stop at body language, when there were so many colorful words he could use to describe the situation as a whole, as far as he'd seen it...?

"If I ever try to visit Morhall, I'll just have to sit and watch more people having fun at my expense, because guess what? They don't want any real friends, just a stupid audience to watch them mess around with women and do all their hard labor for them. Anybody who pretends to give a shit really wants to force me into girls' clothes and turn me into some giant mindless princess wannabe.

And don't get me started on Misty Hollow. Sooner or later, their love of kidnapping, torture, and attempted murder is going to come back to bite 'em all in the ass. And when it does, I'll be there to celebrate their demise, the bastards.
    "

Having spat all that out, he chanced a look back at the goats, who were more or less prancing around and trying to amuse themselves.

"Did I miss anything...?"

[ooc--...If I need to edit this, and I think I might...PLEASE let me know. Thank you.]

Apollo likes this.
  8. Apollo

Race:
    Olympian God
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Apollo’s brow lifted a little more with each comment he made about his time in Pandora. He had to admit that his complaints were reasonable. If he had been in any of these situations he would have likely smote them all. One did not simply ignore, laugh at or capture and torture a god without expecting some sort of repremading. The difference was that Billyboy was not a god. He was a mortal man and one that took things way too much to heart. Perhaps it was hypocritical to think of things in such a light but how else could he look at it? Billyboy had to follow the laws of men regardless of his problems so wouldn’t it be in his best interest not to get so strung up on the little things?

That was the thought that stuck in his mind the deepest as Billyboy continued his rant. He pitied Billyboy his problems but pity wouldn’t do him any good. So, when he finally stopped speaking he placed a hand on his shoulder and said what he needed to hear, ”You know what your problem is, Billyboy? You care to much.” That charming smile was so commonly on his lips had returned as he spoke. His words were straightforward, honest and yet still maintained a very casual tone to them as he spoke them.

”Why do you even care what they think? Are they important to you? Does their opinion even matter at the end of the day?” he asked Billyboy but before he could answer Apollo continued, ”The answer should be no.”

”And, honestly. There is nothing wrong with dresses. They are actually very breezy and comfortable when you find one that fits properly. I’ve warn hundreds of them and I’m not ashamed to say so. You shouldn’t be ashamed to feel what you feel or think what you think either, Billyboy. Just don’t let other people’s feelings and thoughts rule you. Once you let that happen they will never stop bothering you about this or that or that other things and it’s really aggravating. I can’t begin to tell you how many people I’ve had to smite for being insufferable pi-."

Apollo hesitated for a moment when he realized what he was saying could be considered counter productive before quickly recovering by saying, "Anyways, my point is you should stop worry about what other people think and start worrying about making yourself happy. If you focus on the bad you'll miss out on all of the good."

#8 Apollo, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Billyboy likes this.
  9. Billyboy

TBD
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Well, it is a short jump from hating my fuckin' clothes to wanting to kill me outright,” Billyboy sighed, jabbing one finger in the air to try and emphasize his own words. Or at least, try to appear a bit smarter than how he'd been these last several years but most likely failing miserably.

I swear, if I had five minutes alone with any of these bastards...

He might have railed on for another solid minute, but only if Apollo hadn't done the gutsy thing and decided to speak up right then and there. As always, he had a lot of interesting things to say on this subject, and yet...what wasn't said at that particular moment just happened to attract the most of his curiosity.

You're getting at somethin' here, aintcha?” he went on, feeling a bit suspicious and hesitant at the exact same time.

All right...what's the big secret here, or do I have to shut my eyes first?

[ @Apollo ]
    ==================================================​

words: 160
    mood: What's going on here, Sunshine Band…?! o_O

10. Apollo

Race:
    Olympian God
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Apollo stared at Billyboy for a moment. Was there something important? Of course there was. Why else would he be there? He wouldn’t have come to visit Billyboy like this without a reason? But what was it… The truth was, he had been so preoccupied with Billyboy’s outburst that he had been completely set off track. Well, that was embarrassing.

He smiled as brightly as ever to hid the embarrassing fact that he had completely forgotten why he had come as he turned his mind back to the question at hand. Then it click in his mind and he said, ”ah, yes. That,” as his palm went up and bounce off his forehead in the very mortal way of saying ‘Well, duh Apollo. Of course it was that’.

”Prepare yourself, kid. I’m about to give you an offer that will change your life forever,” he said with a wink and a thumbs up before continuing, ”Billyboy, how would you like to be the adopted son of a god?”

((Oh Apollo. You dork... LOL))

Billyboy likes this.
  11. Billyboy

TBD
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    [ @Apollo :: And here...we...go.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------​

So, you want to adopt me

Another thing possibly happening in his life that he should have been happy about. Randle never had the heart or mind for it, and Uncle Billy sure as hell never had the guts. As for Negan, he just plain didn't give a fuck one way or another about him until he acted up, because trying to behave under Morhall's roof hadn't gotten him a single goddamned thing in return. And so, no thanks to these fucked-up examples of manhood, he probably should have jumped at the chance for just one more go-round.

...I suppose...

Unfortunately, he still didn't feel any sort of emotional response to this. Not one stab of fear striking the back of his neck. Not a single twinge of sadness. Not even, apparently, the smallest hint of anything positive that could have otherwise told him yes, this is it, you're finally on your way. Instead, the only feelings he derived from this meeting were no real feelings at all.

Just a blank stare from himself on the outside, the huge pit of Empty on the inside, and not much else in between.

I mean, if nobody else is gonna scream out their objections, and actually let us go through with it…?

=========================================

words: 210
    mood: Comfortably numb
    :(