By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Wilson, Wade

Discussion in 'Citizens' started by Wade Wilson, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Marvel Universe

Friendly Neighborhood Merc
    Race:
    Person whose name is not Anakin
    Old enough to know better, young enough to not care
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    WADE WILSON
    "Life is an endless series of train-wrecks with only brief, commercial-like breaks of happiness."

[​IMG]
    Played by Ursiel

Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe
    Species: Mutant
    Canon Point: Towards the end of Deadpool 2
    NPC Companions: N/A

SKILLS & ABILITIES

Marksmanship is the bread and butter of any good mercenary. Being able to pump someone's guts full of lead can quickly turn a shitty situation into something more manageable. Wade, as a mercenary, is an expert marksman, able to use a wide variety of weapons to varying degrees, though he tends to use a lot of pistols.

He also has a proclivity for swords and other blades. He carries two on his back that he uses in combat when a pistol just isn't good enough and he's shown to be incredibly skilled with them. He can use knives and other weapons, of course, though he prefers the swords over everything else.

While Wade will never be considered a hand-to-hand combat god, he's still quite good. Most of his fighting technique is improvised and chaotic, mixing a bunch of different styles into one that can even throw off the likes of the Taskmaster. He's stronger than most men, but not the strongest; not by a longshot. Still, he can kick ass without the need of weapons if he absolutely has to.

Special AbilitiesAfter being subjected to endless torture at the hands of a man named Francis, Wade tapped into his latent mutant genes and was gifted with the ability to regenerate far more quickly and effectively than any normal human being. While it's not instantaneous, it is shockingly quick. He can regrow limbs in a few hours to a little over a day depending on how much was lost. His brain is also in a constantly changing state, making him hard to control with psychic powers and making his thoughts nearly impossible to follow for any extended amount of time.

WEAKNESSES

Wade's powers can be stripped from him by special devices available in his world and others that are no doubt available in Pandora. Without them, he will slowly die from a cancer that's been growing and dying in his body constantly since he found his healing factor. Other than that, there isn't much that can stop Wade. Severing his head and keeping it apart from his body will buy quite a bit of time, however, as it would take his body days or even weeks to fully recover.

PERSONALITY

It's difficult to get a full picture of Wade just by one meeting. Though he seems like a simple man at first, there's a lot more to him than just one-liners and crude humor. There's a lot going on in Wade's head that most people don't even realize. He may be a little scattered mentally, but he hasn't lost his mind. Not completely, anyway.

Wade is the type of man to laugh in the face of death, because he's practically immortal. He can be very reckless and often get himself badly injured only to shrug it off and act as if everything is okay. He doesn't mind fighting anyone if he absolutely has to, even if the odds that he'll win are astronomically low.

Wade has a lot of anger, guilt, and grief hidden deep beneath the surface. He was tortured and maimed to the point that he's barely recognizable anymore, he lost his girlfriend to a group of thugs that he wasn't able to kill sooner, and now he feels he has little to actually live for. He does well at hiding it however, beneath a thick layer of jokes and dangerous weapons.

Wade has trouble seeing himself as a hero or anything remotely good. In his own words: he may be super, but he's no hero. Despite this and his penchant for causing untold amounts of carnage and destruction, Wade tends to do a lot of good deeds and stop the bad guys in the end. He's not the type to be a goody two-shoes like most superheroes, but he'll still do the right thing in the end. He'll do what he believes to be the right thing anyway.

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE

"Well butter my backside and call me Paula Deen," said Wade, hands raised up to avoid being shot by the grungy men who surrounded him. His eyes searched the crowd of greasy losers for anyone who might have been less of a problem and more of a solution. Someone reasonable. No one stuck out to him. Well. Shit.

"We don't take too kindly to stowaways on our ship, freak," One of them, presumably the leader, said. He was the greasiest of the bunch, with thinning, wildly unkempt hair and a gap-toothed, golden smile. He brandished some sort of gun, though Wade didn't recognize it. There was something odd in the way it was designed, as if it belonged in Star Wars rather than a comic book. Weird.

"Yeah, well I must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque, Ron Jeremy. Point me to the nearest Denny's and I'll be out of your hair faster than you can say 'bad breakfast-induced projectile diarrhea.'" Wade turned and started off in a direction that a few of the men had come from, assuming it would lead him to a door, but a shot rang out and stopped him in his tracks.

The gun, Wade realized, didn't fire bullets. He eyed the hole the beam of light had made in the metal wall and his eyes widened. He turned back to the man. "Are you shitting me? You have a blaster? I didn't know our budget went up so high!" he said. Suddenly he felt jealous that he himself didn't have a blaster. Why did he have to use lousy bullets when this loser got Han Solo's gun?

"Alright, look," Wade said, spreading his hands. "I'll make you a deal. I won't kill you, but you have to give me that gun before I leave. Sound good?"

Another shot rang out and Wade felt the fresh new hole in his chest where his annoying, beating heart was. He let out an exasperated sigh, ignoring the pain. "Why do they always have to do it the hard way?"

Whistling to himself as he twirled his new, blood-covered blaster in one hand, Wade walked down yet another narrow corridor in a series of long, boring, narrow corridors, wondering where exactly he needed to go to find an exit. A man came around the corner, shouting about an intruder. Wade pointed his blaster and blew a hole in the poor fucker's head before he could even lift his rifle. He stepped over the body and kept sauntering forward.

Eventually, the corridors ended at a closed, steel door with no handle. Blinking, Wade stepped up to it and reached out with his free hand. Before he could touch it, however, the door slid open with a quiet hiss. Wade gasped. "Holy shit that's so cool."

The room beyond the door was even cooler. Wade stepped into what appeared to be a set taken directly from the newest Star Trek movie, complete with Captain's chair, which soon became Wade's seat. He dangled one leg over the arm and relaxed for a few minutes, staring out the wide windows in front of him with the sneaking suspicion that it wasn't a television screen. It was a starry backdrop with a bright, blue planet appearing just at the bottom.

Was he in space?

Frowning, Wade sat up straight and started looking at all of the buttons on the Captain's chair. "One of these should get me back down there. I... must find... it before my... Shatner voice gets too... annoying." He started pressing buttons at random and flipping switches that blinked in varying colors. Eventually, the ship shuddered and Wade felt a soft vibration in the floor. Not a pleasurable "let's sit on the washing machine during the spin cycle" kind of pleasure, but more of a "I think something's working" kind.

Wade stood up and wandered over to the large screen/window and stared out into space with childlike wonder as the ship slowly began falling downward.

Crawling out of the burning wreckage, Wade took a moment to turn his foot around the right way before addressing the man and woman who had apparently stumbled upon the scene. He gave them a wave with his mangled, broken arm, causing it to crack and bend unnaturally. "Hi! Don't worry! I come in peace... Or maybe pieces." Ha. "No, but seriously can you help me find my other arm? I know I dropped it around here somewhere." Wade started looking while the couple ran away as fast as their legs would carry them. Some people.

#1 Wade Wilson, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 12:29 AM
    Yondu Udonta likes this.
  2. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Marvel Universe

Friendly Neighborhood Merc
    Race:
    Person whose name is not Anakin
    Old enough to know better, young enough to not care
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Wade is finished methinks. :)