By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Wilting Petals

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Jun Kurosu, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:11 AM.

1. Jun Kurosu

Jun Kurosu Persona

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    November 8th, Year 108. The streets of Ark City
    ~~~

He'd really done something bad to his shoulder.
    Jun's arrival had been bumpy and tear-filled and right now was no different as he stumbled through unfamiliar streets to the blaring of unfamiliar cars and with unfamiliar air in his lungs. A couple new injuries had been gained from the person who attempted to mug him after he'd... Fallen in? And now he was lost, confused, and frankly rather terrified. They'd taken a flower off him -- a sprig of Bells of Ireland, 'good luck'... The irony -- and the watch. The watch Tatsuya had given him. It was like a dark promise from the universe.

This wasn't Sumaru City. That much he knew. Pandora had to be some kind of other dimension, which, given his life for the past few years, was not the strangest thing he'd seen. However having no knowledge of how he got here made it an unknown.
    He wanted to go home. Back to the shrine, and his father who he should've loved, back to Tatsuya, Michel, Lisa, Big Maya, back to a life he wasn't worthy to have, the childhood innocence, where the Masked Circle was just an ominous name for a group of children too afraid to show their faces.

A home that didn't exist anymore because of him.

He felt the wave of regret and guilt overtake him again and he leaned into a wall, sinking to his knees and starting to shake minutely. He was alone and scared and lost and felt like he was ten years old again, staring at the remains of the shrine and feeling his heart rip itself out of his chest. He didn't want to be alone, alone meant no support, alone meant he might find him again, force him to repeat the disaster he'd fallen into in his previous world. He put his head in his hands, the stinging in his shoulder and the cuts on his arm barely noticeable.

He wanted to go home.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, like it would help any. "I'm sorry... I made it such a mess..."

#1 Jun Kurosu, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:11 AM
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 2:08 PM
    Shoto Todoroki likes this.
  2. Shoto Todoroki

Shoto Todoroki My Hero Academia

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Whenever Shoto pictured what he'd be doing as a hero, it usually involved fighting more than dealing with citizens. It wasn't that he was unaware of how important that part was, he just knew he wasn't very good at it.

Still, when he was on patrol through the streets of Ark City, he wasn't just keeping an eye out for villains. Spotting someone who was clearly in pain and upset, he only hesitated a little bit before approaching.

"Are you alright?" he blurted once he was close enough. He had just enough understanding of social interactions to know that was probably a stupid question, but definitely not enough to know what was the correct one.

"I have bandages if you require them, or I could bring you to the hospital." He probably would've sounded more comforting if he used any emotions at all, whether in his voice or his face. Unfortunately, both were as blank as could be as he tried to reach out to the stranger, not sure where to put his hand but wanting to comfort all the same.

Jun Kurosu likes this.
  3. Jun Kurosu

Jun Kurosu Persona

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Jun jumped almost out of his skin, head snapping up with a short inhale. His dark eyes scanned the other briefly in a momemt of fear and mistrust. Someone had pretended to be kind to him already and then had stolen something more precious to him than his own life, and here was another stranger, again offering comfort and the security of a hospital. He pulled back a little bit from the offered hand and the emotionless face, trying to force his own shaking body to match, to not look scared.

"W-Where am I?" He demanded with a crack in his voice that made him almost wince. "Who are you?"

Even trying to summon Chronos did no good. He'd tried already, he tried again with a curled fist to his chest, but the call of his other self was muted and blocked. He could feel Chronos, sure, but it was like shouting for him with a glass wall in between. The connection wasn't enough to summon him, which in its own right was equally as terrifying as anything else that had just happened to him.

Strangers kept harming him here, and he didn't want that to repeat.

4. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Shoto stopped reaching when the injured civilian recoiled. He absolutely didn't want to make him anymore freaked out, but again, that wasn't really covered in his hero training growing up. In fact, he could just imagine his old man ordering to either leave him there if he didn't want help, or use brute force and drag him to the hospital.

While Shoto did neither, he still didn't know what to do. "This is Ark City," he answered, still without inflections, "and my hero name is Shoto. Please, if you need medicine, I can give you some. Or just some water if necessary."

He was glad he'd thought ahead when deciding on his hero costume. On his belt was a lot of useful stuff, like bandages, painkillers and water. It just never occurred to him that he'd have to convince someone to accept that help.

5. Jun Kurosu

Jun Kurosu Persona

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

"Ark... City?" Jun echoed, hesitating in his inital panicked need to pull away from the other. A name. That was more than the simple 'Pandora' the mugger had given him. Ark City was what this place seemed to be called. Good information. Hopefully.
    Big Maya would see the silver lining. Maybe he just had a bad run in with someone and this stranger meant well -- what on Earth was a Hero name though? -- so Jun should take the opportunity to pick a brain and get his injuries treated. Lisa and Michel would remind him he was strong too, one guy may have jumped him but that didn't mean a second would get the opportunity. And Tatsuya...
    Tatsuya would be cautious, but open to the possibilities. No person was the same.

Jun took a shaky breath and rose to his feet to collect himself, bowing shortly to Shoto on impulse afterwards and seeming genuinely apologetic when they met eyes once more. He clasped his hands in front of him after brushing a little stray hair away from his eye.

"I... My apologies, I... Think I'm very new here. To Ark City and to... Pandora, I think..? Someone else took advantage of that and may have assaulted and... And robbed me, so I wasn't... I'm sorry. My name is Jun Kurosu. It's nice to meet you, Shoto-san."

It wasn't an incredibly graceful introduction, but the circumstances were unique and frankly upsetting... He deserved a little clumsiness.

6. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    A lot was made clear to Shoto very quickly. The civilian was new to Pandora and had already been bitten once. Fortunately, Shoto somehow managed to get him to calm down enough to accept his help. It was surprising, but at least he managed it.

"I see," he said, a hint of displeasure making itself known at the mugging, "I'll keep my eye out for that person in the future. For now, you should tell me if anything needs immediate stabilization, or else I can bring you to the hospital, Kurosu. And on the way, I can give you my best explanation of Pandora. It is bizarre, though, I will warn you."

Jun Kurosu likes this.
  7. Jun Kurosu

Jun Kurosu Persona

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

A willing help. He almost subconsciously touched his scratched up arm, which through that touch, he realized was still bleeding a little. His other shoulder honestly felt rather busted, and he was exhausted from the excitement and the battle with Nyarlathotep. The more he thought about it, the better a hospital -- or at least a proper health care center -- sounded. He gave Shoto a small nod of understanding, arms crossing unconsciously to rest.

"I... Believe a hospital might be best." He agreed after a moment's thought, taking a step or two forward to fall in line with his new guide. "And... An explanation would be really nice, if you don't mind. I-I... I can almost guarantee I've lived through stranger, though. So don't worry about how ludicrous it is."

Being a wish-granting party demon guided on a pathway to end the world by the collective evil entropy of the universe? Yeah. What in all the world could top that?

8. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Shoto wasn't really good at physical contact. Most people probably would've thought to help Kurosu stand while guiding him to the hospital, but other than one look-over, Shoto simply started leading the way. Touch was usually synonymous with pain in his life, after all.

"Of course," he said with a nod. He hesitated for a few seconds, trying to put his thoughts into words before finally starting. "It has been explained to me that Pandora is an entire universe filled with people who have been taken from their own. Whatever gods created this place will bring us here for whatever their reasons, until we are sent back the same way we came."

He glanced back at Kurosu, trying to look apologetic (though it more came across like he had a stomachache), and added, "there is not much any of us can do but continue to live our lives as best we can until we are released."

9. Jun Kurosu

Jun Kurosu Persona

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

"So... A world in flux, then?" He offered, tilting his head thoughtfully as they walked side by side. It sounded remarkably... Chaotic for something that seemed so settled as a city. A world populated by people removed from it and their own worlds, like some great crossroads. It was poetic, really.

Not his world. He couldn't decide whether or not that was a good or a bad thing, but he was thankful for the guidance of this new acquaintance in this strange new world. Hopefully someday he'd find the means to pay Shoto-san back for his kindness in guiding Jun around. Especially if he was stuck here for an indefinite length of time....

"What is it... Like here? In Pandora?" Might as well get as much information as possible. His fingers trailed over the empty space on his wrist where the watch once was and his brow furrowed as another thought occurred to him. "Will we remember our time here if we return home?"

10. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "That is a good way of putting it, yes," Shoto said with a nod. He couldn't help but wince internally at that thought. Shoji's disappearance was painful, even though he'd only been living with his classmate for about a month. It hurt to have anyone pulled away from him; he didn't need reminders of his upbringing.

Fortunately, he didn't have to wallow in his thoughts, as Kurosu quickly tried to get as much information as possible.

"It would best be described as patchwork. There are several different regions that vary wildly. Currently, we are in Centria, which has a more modern city theme. There's also the Crystal Vales, which is magical, to the point where technology doesn't even work. The Dread Wastes is mostly a lawless desert. And Pandopolis is a little of everything."

He frowned slightly at the next question, shaking his head. "From what I've heard, no. Even if you were to leave and come back, you wouldn't keep any of your memories. You'd return as if nothing had ever changed."

11. Jun Kurosu

Jun Kurosu Persona

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

A patchwork of... Genres, it seemed. Like a storybook set stitched together at loud and obvious seams. The concept of it was completely charming in several ways, and utterly foreign to be living in right now as a person. It was like some bizarre fairytale or work of fiction emblazoned across a reality in all of its mis-matched glory. He couldn't think of something more fitting for a world that seemed to spit people in and out at random.

Perhaps... No. That was wishful thinking.

The final comment made a frown cross his face, small and upset. "Then... What is the point of it?" He mumbled to himself, running a hand through his hair with a quiet puff. "Stealing people..."

A sigh swept out of him... Such chaos. He didnt want to think about it.

12. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "I wish I knew," Shoto murmured. It hurt to know that anyone he got close to in Pandora was only a few vines away from forgetting him entirely. After years of isolation from his own family, and being treated as nothing more than a weapon, and losing his own mother due to forces he couldn't control... well, it all hit a little too close to home was all.

By then, Shoto spotted the hospital. It was a little amusing, that his introduction to Pandora included a hospital as well. Maybe that was common. Though, his injuries were sustained before coming to Pandora, so maybe not.

"We're almost there," he said, pointing at the building they were coming up upon.

13. Jun Kurosu

Jun Kurosu Persona

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Ah. So it was. Jun was starting to notice he couldn't read a lot of the signs they were passing, but at least hospitals looked like hospitals, even in weird magic crossroad dimensions. Good. His shoulder was definitely aching a lot more insistently and those scratch wounds needed to be cleaned. He'd get patched up and then... Start... Living his life here, he supposed, for now uncomfortably free of the burdens of the past. It was a strange new reality to grapple with, but one that it seemed he'd be forced to get used to.

Once they reached the building he turned to Shoto and bowed deeply to him with a little smile. "Thank you, for leading me here, Shoto-san. I don't know how to repay you, but..." He straightened slowly, and then gently dug into his jacket, pulling out a small sprig of agrimony flower.
    "... Here. To express my thanks."

He offered it to him.

14. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Shoto shook his head almost immediately when Kurosu mentioned repayment. "I don't need payment," he started to object, but stopped to stare at the flower in surprise. He wasn't really used to gratitude at all, from anyone.

"I really didn't do anything special," he insisted, even though he raised his hand hesitantly toward the flower, "helping people is just part of being a hero." Back home, getting paid was part of it, but it wasn't what really drew Shoto to the profession anyway. After his selfish motive of showing up his father was stripped away, he was left with simply the desire to help, no matter the danger or exhaustion or anything else.

15. Jun Kurosu

Jun Kurosu Persona

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

"But still... Thank you." He shook his head with that smile still lingering. "I won't keep you."

He gave another short bow and backed into the hospital, taking a deeper breath.

Time to embark on a new adventure.

FIN