By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Winging It

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Yang Xiao Long, Jul 1, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

August 2nd, Year 7 - @Daniel Wing

Well that hadn't gone as expected.

None of it had. It had been a group of thugs this time hurting a woman. If Yang hadn't arrived, the lady might have died. Yang had fought hard and, though her Semblance had taken the brunt of the fighting, Yang had taken a hit. She was pretty sure there was a bullet lodged in her bad arm, the one that would be missing if Pandora hadn't miraculously rescued her at the last moment. Once the grunts had gone scampering off, Yang had convinced the lady to come with her.

When they walked into the hospital lobby, the woman was leaning up against Yang's shoulder as she limped forward. She was bloodied and bruised from the encounter. Yang wasn't quite as roughed up, though there was some blood on her from the wounded arm and the victim. Immediately nurses scrambled towards them, asking a variety of questions. Yang had a limited amount of time to respond with "Yes" or "No" before the woman was whisked away.

"I'm afraid we're pretty full right now," another nurse approached Yang. "Would you be able to wait a bit before we see you?"

"Yeah I can manage," Yang said. It hurt a lot, but she had worse. "Can I have an ice pack at least?"

Once she settled into a chair with an ice pack on her arm, she rested her head against the wall. Crap. Uncle Qrow wasn't going to be happy about this. He was always telling her during their training about not rushing into things and getting overwhelmed like that. It's how you get killed when you're that reckless. Yeah, yeah....well the lady was alive and getting help now. That's what mattered.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  2. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    It was just a check-up. He had gone through one before, they didn't hurt him, they only meant to take all his data so they could see if the medication worked. And it seemed so, at least he suffered less than he had on the pills from the Republic. So he told work he needed a day off for doctors visit, swallowed his fear and pride and got over to Pandora with the ferry, went straight to the hospital because if he didn't he would delay this until he had missed the appointment entirely. Which would be a bad thing, as they also refilled his pills here and he really needed them.
    There seemed to be some ruckus going on at the hospital, so he patiently waited at the side until the most had calmed down before he went to the entrance desk and had them register that he was here. They told him to wait. Expected, as he was anything but an emergency, but he dreaded to spend any time here at all. Especially since today no one was with him. He sat down next to a blonde girl, his own long hair as usual stuffed beneath a cap, smiled at her because if the staff had too much at hands, they'd likely spend some time together.
    Why her? Well, the wound on her arm said she probably was here to get that threatened and not because she had something infectious he better should not catch. His immune system already had to manage enough. Daniel glanced at the blood again. “Shouldn't you better ask them to at least wrap that up? You'll ruin your clothes this way, cousin.” There had been a lot of experiences with various wounds in his life, but apart from proper treatment it was always a good idea to stop the blood first. If only not to leave any traces others could follow, which had been his main concern.

Yang Xiao Long likes this.

3. [​IMG]

August 2nd, Year 7 - @Daniel Wing

She got it while running and a piece of something cut her arm? No, that wouldn't work. She had too many bruises. Rough housing with Ruby? No...There wasn't anyway way getting around it. Yang would just need to avoid him for the next week or so.

A voice brought her from her thoughts. Yang looked over and....well hello. He was cute. The teenager had long flowing blonde hair, almost as long as her own. From what she could see, he didn't look injured, but that didn't mean anything in a hospital.

"Oh...yeah," she agreed, getting up and speaking with the receptionist. They had some gauze for her to wrap it with. Now that it was tight, she returned back to her seat. "Well, my clothes are just about ruined so it won't matter. It's alright though. Just another excuse for a shopping trip."

"My name is Yang. What's your's?"

Daniel Wing likes this.
  4. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Daniel smiled at the girl, guessed that she thought about how to explain that wound. He knew enough of shot wounds to recognize one and how hard it was to not get into trouble for it. Republic had a lot of soldiers, ongoing fights, so for him it was more a problem of getting a ID tag for a short time to get any treatment at all. Even then, money ruled everything. Gladly, that wasn't the case here. His meds must be hard to make, therefor expensive, nothing he ever could afford.
    At least beauty agreed to get something to treat her wound until a doctor could see it. If not, he'd cut up her already ruined clothes to make something. Street experience was good for a lot of things. Not that he could afford a shopping trip, the money he earned from working were just enough to buy food and occasionally some simple things. The habit to own nothing more but what he could carry in a backpack was hard to get by.
    “I`m Daniel. Or Day. Both works.” He took a moment to muster her – hair like his, just more yellowish, interesting eye color, lighter skin while he was definitive tanned, but they could almost be siblings. Same age too, as it seemed. “You get into trouble like that often, beauty?” She wouldn't just get shot for nothing. And she had brought in a serious hurt woman she wasn't related to, so there was a story behind it. Talking about other people problems would keep him from thinking about his own.

5. [​IMG]

He was smiling at her and she returned it. "Nice to meet you Daniel." That was an interesting nickname. She liked it.

His next comment took her by surprise. Yang blinked. Uh, did he just call her a beauty? Daniel had said it so casually too. She looked away then back, slightly off guard. "Uh...I guess you could say that. I work for the Watch. I also used to be a Huntress from my world. You know, crime fighter and adventurer type."

"What about you? You get into your own trouble?"

Unable to resist, Yang added, "I hope you're not having a bad Day." Puns. They were her life.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  6. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    It wasn´t outright flirting he´d started with the ‘beauty’ comment, but she didn´t looked bad, so why not tell her? Maybe it would light up her day a bit after she´d been in a fight, if someone said she looked nice despite her rumpled appearance. Daniel was just glad no one could see what was wrong with him, granting him a normal time without questions. Well, there was his artificial knee and the scar tissue on the back of his head and the imperfection in his eye, the tiny lighter spot most people didn´t even notice, but that was hidden without effort.
    At the question if he got into trouble, he grinned. “Back in my place, a lot. Crime and fighting. Here, try not to.” The pun did send his smile faltering for a moment, as he was rather having a bad life so far. But that wasn´t her concern and he shook his head. “Nah. Just here for check-up.” Not a lie, even if only an indication of something wrong that needed to be checked upon.
    “If the criminals you fought where right in their actions, what would you do?” he asked out of sudden. Yang reminded him of June, just that with her it had been difficult, differences like sides turning into fights. Now he wanted to see if it had been their characters and upbringing or a general problem.

7. [​IMG]

A trouble maker, huh? He seemed like the type. Yang couldn't place just why. Probably something to the way he looked. Plus she'd never met a guy with long hair like theirs that didn't have a thrill seeking side. Though if he was committing crimes that was a whole other story. Maybe just the standard bad boy type, hopefully. At least it sounded like he was committing to a better life.

The look on Daniel's face made her realize the context of where they were and that the pun might not have come across as well as she'd hoped. Oops. Well hopefully he didn't take it personally. He must not have, for he immediately rebounded by asking her a rather deep question.

"Hmm." For a moment, she thought of her mother. Yang didn't know the women and she'd always wondered if there was some hidden reason behind her actions. That maybe her reason for leaving her was for the better. Qwin had suggested the same idea. Even Crowley's reaction seemed to at least acknowledge that her mother wasn't someone to get too involved with.

If her mother was right for leaving her, what would she do?

"I guess then I'd forgive them," Yang said after thinking. "Being a criminal isn't right, but if you're fighting on the side of justice, then, well....I guess then they're fighting on the right side in the end." Blake came to mind as she spoke. Blake had left the White Fang because their cause had become corrupted. She'd been willing to risk her life to stand up to her people. It was a noble effort, even if in doing so it labeled her as a criminal. Yang had always admired her strength in that regard.

She looked back at him. "What would you do?"

Daniel Wing likes this.
  8. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    The girl didn't knew a thing about what he'd done and why, which was exactly what made this interesting to talk about. All the more because his world had quite some wrongs, just that he never got to hear an outsiders view on it. And the opportunity had presented itself, so why not take the chance? He couldn't just ask random people on the street and if he wanted a view similar to that of June, the other had to had some certain character traits – like Yang. Fighting for the good, but getting into trouble all the same.
    Of course he left her enough time to think, it wasn't an easy question. Daniel simply kept looking to her with his bright blue eyes, attention all focused on her. “And who decides what's right? What's justice? You? The law? The people? Is it what's best for the majority or what feels good for the ones deciding? And if you don't know every aspect – how can you decide what's right?” where the questions he shot back without hesitation. Not upset, but wishing to get to the core of it. This wasn't as easy as it seemed.
    But at her question, he shook his head slightly. “I can't answer that. Was on the other end of that – I was the criminal. Most wanted of the whole Republic.” The boy laughed. “The mighty Republic, afraid of a kid they couldn't catch...” Hadn't been much fun, being hunted, having to hide every time, never safe and alone expect for Tess. But he wouldn't have given it up for a new start. Had to go on, for Eden. For all the other people. For everyone who didn't knew or couldn't risk it.

9. [​IMG]

Vigilante didn't seem to be the right word to describe the boy as he spoke more. No, he was some kind of rebel of some kind. She listened to him talk about some Republic and him being a criminal. She was a little uneasy, especially with how freely he talked about it. Like he was proud. But as he had said, was someone truly a criminal if they were standing up for the right thing?

Yang shrugged at his questions. It sounded like he was going through some sort of internal philosophical debate. "I don't know about all of that. I just kind of go with I think in the moment. If it feels right, then you follow your gut." That sounded a bit vague. The more she thought about it, she added, "I mean, protecting someone you love is always the right thing to do. Or protecting others. People can make mistakes though."

"It sounds like you had a lot on your plate," Yang commented. "Some kind of rebel? I have a friend like that back home. She was part of a group that stood up against discrimination against her kind. But she left when they started committing terrorism. As for me," Yang smirked, "I just go with the flow. Kickin' butt and having a good time."

Daniel Wing likes this.
  10. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Daniel never had denied the things he'd done, not even when they questioned him and his sentence depended on it. But they'd never let him go anyway, so why not admit he was proud of it? Not every kid managed to rob a bank or blow up multiple airships – all on his own. Searching the place out, getting the money for material together, hunt down the materials on the black market, plan it out and go through with it. Expect for Tess, who always stayed behind as a back-up, caring for his wounds afterward, no one had helped him with that.
    The struggle was more his than something that had to do with her, but he asked anyway. He couldn't ask June anymore and he needed to talk with someone. If it felt right wasn't always an indicator if you should do it – he remembered his mixed feelings about Andens assassination. Killing people had never set right with him, just in that case he wavered. Rethinking his decisions. And in the end, he barely had a chance to say no, not with what the Patriots already had done for him. This was why he didn't liked owning people.
    At the mention of protecting loved ones, a shadow crossed his face again. Not even that had he managed. Even worse, his attempt to keep contact, to keep them safe, had resulted in their death at the end. Which wasn't his fault, not really, but the boy couldn't stop blaming himself. It had started with him. Could as well have been he doing it. And all the other things he had on his 'plate' as she phrased it... a lot to deal with and he wasn't sure he could take that burden anymore.
    “Something like that. More a one-man war against the government...” Probably sounded like a hopeless fight, a lone kid against everyone else. “That's why I never joined the Patriots – didn't liked their ways. Killing people is not the solution to the problems we both fought. I mean, I was ok getting rid of the Elector, he was the source of it all. Just that it was the new one, the old one had suddenly died and I... couldn't go through with it. A friend hold me back and I wanted to believe that he was different, that we could make it right peaceful...”
    For a short time did he focused on the floor, but now he looked back to her. “And then she's... fallen for his charm. Tells me there are reasons for the things you did.” Daniels gaze grew cold, angry. “There is no reason that makes it right to murder thousands of children every year because they fail their Trials. No reason to test engineered plagues on the poor in your own country first.”