By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Open Winter Wonderland

Discussion in 'The North Pole' started by Beth Greene, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Beth Greene

Beth Greene The Walking Dead

Survivor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Year 108
    17th December
    Tag; OPEN
    Christmas was Beth's favourite holiday. Apart from the gripping hunger, lack of shelter and water, not to mention the deaths of her loved ones, one of the worst aspects of the Apocalypse was the lack of seasonal celebrations, the little moments of civilised society that was normally taken for granted. Everyone was so busy trying to survive, they forgot how to live. Pandora had given Beth a second chance at truly experiencing life the way it was supposed to be live -- or at least, how she imagined it would be had the dead not starting walking.

When word of The North Pole had arrived to Pandora, Beth had taken it upon herself to visit. She didn't mind going alone; she quite enjoyed the solidarity. She could take everything in, watch the families and friends who came and went, and enjoy the magic that seemed to encompass the whole area. It was like something out of her imagination. Snowy and shining with lights, Beth marvelled at the beauty and various smells that passed her by as she strolled through the streets. But that wasn't what amazed Beth the most.

Polar bears! Elves! Beth's blue eyes were alive with wonder and delight, and she took out her camera, snapping a few shots to put up at home. She'd heard that the best hot cocoa in Pandora was currently being sold here, and so she hurried inside and ordered herself a cup, her heart feeling very full. A part of her wished the others were here, but she felt content as she sat by the window, lightly blowing on her cocoa and cupping it with her cold hands.

Andrea Harrison likes this.
  2. Andrea Harrison

Andrea Harrison The Walking Dead

Andrea had been brought to the North Pole by two handsome men from work, called Joel and Dean. Joel had blue eyes and blond hair and was thirty years old, while Dean was darker and in his late teens. She felt super spoilt being surrounded by two dashing young man, especially in such a special spot. They were also such nice considerate guys.

Honestly, she would’ve agreed to go to a sewer with a giant rat just to avoid spending time in her house with him. Andrea really wished Philip would hurry up and find a place of his own, because she was so tired of always feeling tense and on her guard. She heavily regretted agreeing to let him stay until he could recover and get back on his own two feet (or was that paws?) again. Things would’ve been so much simpler if she’d just killed him, but far too many reasons than she cared to admit kept her from taking that rather drastic course of action.

Adamant not to let regrets about the Governor ruin her trip, she forced herself to focus on her handsome work pals. Joel and Dean led her inside a nice place selling hot cocoa and she couldn’t help but spot a familiar face immediately, her eyes lighting up in delight.

Beth!” she waved at the girl sat by the window, who was blowing on her cup of cocoa. “It’s wonderful to see you again! These are my friends, Joel and Dean.”

They said hello to Beth, Dean regarding her with harmless male interest.

Andrea felt awful that she hadn’t made more of an effort to stay in contact with Beth after they’d both coincidentally taken part in that play. It had certainly been a surreal reunion. She supposed a part of her felt awkward (maybe guilty?) that she hadn’t tried to stop Beth committing suicide when they’d been taking shelter on Hershel’s farm, but she had sincerely believed that the decision to live or die was Beth’s to make on her own. Perhaps Andrea needed to express how very glad she was that Beth had picked life over death?

Beth Greene likes this.
  3. Beth Greene

Survivor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    TRIGGER WARNING: Brief mention of Beth's suicide attempt below.

[​IMG]
    Beth turned at the sound of her name, blue eyes brightening as they fell upon an old friend. "Andrea!" She replied happily, placing down her cup and reaching out to embrace her. Her gaze moved to the two men, and Beth smiled shyly as she noticed the younger surveying her with a certain interest. "It's nice to meet you," she added with grace.

Beth hadn't seen Andrea in a while, though they'd initially reunited during King Ezekiel's festive production. It had been a lot of fun, and had allowed Beth to come out of her shell a little. She'd grown up a lot during her time in Pandora, but she still found it nerve wracking to perform in front of an audience. Beth loved to sing and play instruments, but it was a very different experience singing alone than it was in front of others. She wondered what Andrea thought of her now, if she saw a stronger, more experienced Beth or if she was still the naive young girl in her eyes. So much had happened since they'd last met in Georgia.

Beth absentmindedly pulled down her sleeve where she knew the scars on her wrists still remained. She could still feel the emptiness that had brought her to that moment, the pain and grief and never ending void. But she had learnt techniques to help, ways to get through it. Beth felt more content than she had in a long time, and she was going to live every second to the full. While she still could.

"It's so good to see you," she beamed at Andrea. "I haven't seen you since the play. How are you doin'?"

4. Andrea Harrison

Andrea Harrison The Walking Dead

Andrea was surprised and touched when Beth gave her a hug, having expected her to secretly hate her or something. She hugged her right back happily, hoping the rest of their little group from Atlanta would give her a nice welcome like this one day. It still haunted Andrea how hostilely they had responded to her when she’d gone to the prison to talk about Woodbury.

“We’ll go get the drinks,” Joel said. “So you two ladies can have a moment of privacy.”

The men walked off casually, Andrea having a cheeky peek at Joel’s gorgeous bottom. God, he was such a hunk. As soon as the Governor had moved out permanently, she was going to celebrate by inviting Joel over with the promise of drinks and a good meal.

“They’re always so thoughtful!” she enthused to Beth. “I know them from work. I told you I’m a cop now, right? I’m part of the Ark City Police Department.”

Andrea felt such a flash of pride whenever she brought up her new job to anybody. She just hoped that she hadn’t told Beth about it a million times now.

“And I’m doing great, thanks! Busy! A little stressed because of an issue at my house with cats, but it’ll get resolved eventually,” Andrea said. She was smart enough not to mention the Governor to Beth, although she desperately wanted to unload her frustrations on somebody. “How are you? Are you a famous actress or pop star yet?”

Beth Greene likes this.
  5. Beth Greene

Survivor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Beth smiled a grateful thanks. They seemed like nice guys. Gentlemanly. Beth couldn't help but giggle and roll her eyes as she caught Andrea checking out Joel as he walked away. Beth had to admit, he was handsome. Tall, nice smile. Good physique. Turning her gaze back to Andrea, her smile widened as she nodded. "You mentioned it briefly but we didn't get to talk about it before. How are you findin' it? Are you enjoyin' it?" Beth glanced over to the boys again. "I bet it's nice to have work mates like them," and she giggled again.

"Cats?" Beth repeated, curious. She loved cats, though they'd always had dogs back on the farm because of the sheep. They had Bailey now, but Beth had always imagined herself having another furry friend. Maybe she could take one off Andrea's hands. Beth laughed, though it was more of a scoff this time and looked into her coffee.

"I've done a couple of shows," she answered after a moment. "But nothing major. I just... I dunno, I guess I haven't pursed it like I should. I'm not sure anyone really wants to hear me sing." Beth looked up, feeling small. In truth, she'd lost her confidence. It had been fun to be a part of King Ezekiel's festive production, but out there, on her own? Singing songs she'd written, sometimes in her darkest moments? It was very... Revealing, and made Beth feel vulnerable.