HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete Wrong Side of Heaven

Discussion in 'Mt. Pompeii' started by Qrow Branwen, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Qrow Branwen

Professor at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    ~I saw the Devil today, and he looked a lot like me.~
    ~ February 12th Y7 ~

The outcropping on the cliff side of the mountain was unreachable by even the most gifted mountain goat, let alone a man. Yet there he stood, his hands in his jacket pockets, his tattered cape tugging at his shoulders where it remained fastened despite the luring gusts of the very wind that had carried him to his perch.

Qrow had done a lot of thinking since that stormy night at the aptly named Devil's Nest where he'd just so happened to meet a demon, of all creatures. Sober thinking, as he'd been advised. While it had been easy to ignore the proposition at first, regarding it as a foolish and blatantly wrong thing to do... it had grown harder and harder to ignore his lingering 'What if's' over the past couple of days. After more unfortunate things had befallen him and those he cursed with his presence, he had actually given the opportunity some real thought.

The was no doubt that he was approaching a decision, one as steep as the cliff in front of him, and one that held a vast amount of possibilities-- like the view of the valley yielded to him now. But it was a decision that would cause him to fall from a great height, and even if he survived the fall, he probably wouldn't ever be able to climb back up to the moral standing which he possessed now. The high ground. A place close to Heaven.

But as far as Qrow was concerned, he was pretty sure Heaven wouldn't want him to enter its gates anyway. He'd just bring the angels grief and tragedy.

Reaching into his inner breast pocket, Qrow pulled out the small business card that Crowley had offered to him before he'd walked out of the bar. It had been appropriately kept in the same pocket as his flask, close to his heart. It was time to see if this summoning thing was real-- or, if like he suspected that telephone number to be-- a prank waiting to happen.

Using the sigil etched on the card as a reference, Qrow casually drew his sword and extended its mechanical blade, proceeding to flick his wrist and scratch the symbol into the solid rock in front of him as if he was carelessly painting on soft canvas. The symbol was completed in a matter of seconds as his blade moved ridiculously quickly for it's massive weight and size. Sparks flew from the stone as it was carved into as if by a precise machine.

After checking that the symbol matched the card, he pocketed it again and brought his hand to the tip of his blade, willing his aura's defenses to drop. "Angsty teenager it is." With a final flick of his weapon, he dealt a small spurt of blood forward like liquid playing cards, each drop landing upon the stone in turn as if they were choreographed pool divers. A lightning quick twirl of the sword both cleaned it of any leftover blood and commenced its transformation back into a travel size. The shallow wounds across his fingertips slowly healed up like a reverse time lapse of their creation, and as the skin sealed back together, a glimmer of red energy passed over his body as his personal shield was reactivated.

Supposedly, that was all one had to do to summon a demon. Pretty damn simple, which made him skeptical that it would work. He didn't have to wait for very long before his craftsmanship was recognized.

~I'm no hero, and I'm not made of stone.~

@Crowley

Crowley likes this.
  2. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural
    Simon Lewis stresses me out

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Given how Qrow had appeared when last he saw him, Crowley hadn't expected the wait to be terribly long between their parting of ways and what was sure to be an awkward phone call. Hopefully the birdy bastard knew how to text - texting was much less strained.

Regardless of what he knew was coming, Crowley found it difficult to settle his mind on the matter. He had, whether he liked it or not, grown quite fond of Qrow by the end of their bizarre meeting, and while he was sure that this would be a good thing for the man in the long run, Crowley also knew himself well enough to know that he was going to put his fucking foot in it at some point.

He always did. He had been threatened by demons, angels, and everything else that could kill him with a twitch of their overpowered wrists, and yet, Crowley's worst enemy was himself. No one else was going to kill him, because no one else had to. He didn't know how or when, but he bloody knew he would orchestrate his own demise eventually. And along the way, he was going to shatter every good thing he ever tried to cultivate, probably without realizing it until it was too late.

The pull of the sigil was a welcome break, though Crowley had to roll his eyes at the utterly dramatic tendencies of Qrow. Following the thread of magic back to its source, the demon focused on where the sigil had been traced as Juliet sauntered into the sitting room and obediently came to heel at his side just as Crowley snapped his fingers and disappeared.

In a wink, he was in front of Qrow, whom Juliet immediately launched herself towards with a boisterous roar.

And that was all Crowley saw before he took half a bleeding step backwards and promptly fell off a fucking cliff with an indignant yowl.

Luckily for his extremities (and internal organs. And everything in his meatsuit, really) Crowley was used to thinking on the fly, and it only took a matter of seconds for him to regain his wits, stop screaming, and wink himself back up onto the cliff, landing in front of Qrow in a heap, looking dazed but unharmed.

A moment later, his dazed expression was replaced with one of incendiary rage. "FUCK YOUR SEMBLANCE!" He bellowed, thrusting himself onto his feet and pointing a finger at Qrow wildly. "I don't care if I have to rip it out with my bloody TEETH!" He yelled indignantly, throwing both arms into the air dramatically. "I-- you made me fall off a frigging cliff! I could have DIED!" He howled.

Juliet chose that moment to make a strange coughing sound in the back of her throat.

"YOU MADE MY DOG LAUGH AT ME!" Crowley screamed, before forcing himself to take a long, slow breath. Pinching the bridge of his nose, the demon cycled through the rest of his fury silently.

"Hello, Qrow. Nice to see you. Hope you haven't gotten anyone killed since last we met. You bastard." He finally choked out with a broad, fake smile.

@Qrow Branwen

Qrow Branwen likes this.
  3. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

The damned thing actually worked. Crowley was suddenly there, along with his large dog. If Qrow would have had more faith in this sigil thing, he might have been more prepared for the sight of the hellish pair-- and the lunging of the dog. With so little time to think, he instantly assumed her body language to be that of aggression. She was a hell hound who fetched people's souls like sticks, wasn't she?

Qrow leapt back nearly simultaneously as when she leapt forward, raising an arm to defend himself while swinging the other around to reach for the sword on his back. The brief distraction of seeing Crowley vanish off the edge of the cliff contributed to the fact that he didn't draw his weapon in time to prevent being assaulted with affection from the mutt.

His heart calmed and his body slowly abandoned its tension as the dog attacked him only with saliva and enthusiastic headbutts, begging to be pet. He complied and forgot about his sword, which was still holstered on the small of his back, then proceeded to distractedly gave her some attention. Qrow's eyes darted between her and the empty edge of the cliff, unsure if he should dive off after the demon or trust that he could teleport himself back up.

It would be just his luck that he'd accidentally get his savior killed before they could even begin to talk about his salvation.

In a matter of seconds, Qrow concluded their surprise little reunion and gently parted from the dog to step towards the sigil, only to suddenly find Crowley back on solid ground in front of him. "Are you--?"

"FUCK YOUR SEMBLANCE!"

Qrow stepped back and floated his hands in the space in front of him in a careless surrender, surprised by the man's rage. He stood his ground once the demon regained his footing, glaring back at Crowley at his threat. "Why do you think I called you here!?" He countered with equal volume and strength, though with very little anger.

Could have died? What a big baby. Crowley was fine. Even if he couldn't have teleported himself back up here, Qrow would have dived down and caught him. This wasn't the first time someone had fallen off a cliff around him. "I told you, I can't control it!" He reminded him sternly, clenching his fists.

He was sick of causing these little potentially fatal accidents, and he was sick of receiving the blame for them.

Qrow glanced back at the animal's very obvious laugh before rolling his eyes at the demon and folding his arms to wait out his little tantrum. He was not amused by Crowley's sarcasm-laced recovery. Maybe a few weeks ago, he would have replied with an equally caustic retort, but not today. "Let's get straight to the point, shall we?" He sneered. Perhaps now was a good time to get on with learning the details of his business, while Crowley was so eager to rid him of his semblance.

"How does this deal-making thing of yours work, exactly?" He requested with no hint of politeness or diplomacy. He was not asking the demon a favor here, he was bartering for a service. Qrow was no stranger to haggling with thieves and con artists, and it was safe to assume that selling your soul to the dark side was cutting it pretty damn close to falling for a con. "I'm sure you've been asked every question in the book regarding this whole process, so let's not waste my breath, nor your time."

@Crowley

Crowley likes this.
  4. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Whether he liked the bastard or not, Crowley was still a demon, and therefore his temper always bubbled dangerously close to the surface. It could be set off by any little thing, even what seemed utterly inconsequential to the rest of the world. Crowley could spend days in a downright vile temper because of nothing. Because the wind blew the wrong way, or a chill went up his spine at the wrong moment, or he nicked his finger on a blade. Sometimes, he was angry for no reason at all besides to be angry.

So, falling off a sodding cliff? Oh, that was a good enough reason, in Crowley's mind.

Still, he forced himself to find some semblance of zen before he tried to throw Qrow off the bleeding mountain, closing his eyes firmly and counting to ten, which didn't help at all, but it bought him a bit of time to watch his mouth. "Look, I'd rather you ask every question your sacred heart so desires, Qrow. I'd prefer that over you squealing about not being told things in six months' time." He explained tersely, regaining some composure as he spoke. "You're right - I've heard every bloody question you can come up with and ten more besides, and that makes it hard for me to remember everything to tell you if you don't ask them." Plus, Crowley rarely did deals with human beings he was particularly fond of in any regard, so he usually didn't bloody care about triple-checking that he'd dotted every i and crossed every t.

"Basically, we agree on the terms: I'll get rid of that semblance of yours, or at least tweak it enough to be manageable. In exchange, when I come a-knocking looking for a favor, you'll do as I ask." Crowley explained roughly, thrusting his hands into his pockets. Sensing tension, Juliet parted ways from Qrow and moved to sit herself at the demon's side obediently. "Better deal than anyone got in my world, mate. Those were ten-year death sentences with a hellhound at the arse-end of it." Crowley added tightly.

Glancing out at the obnoxiously grand scenery around them, he mulled over his thoughts before formulating them into words. "In terms of the actual practicalities of the deal, it's very simple from your side of things. You approve of the terms as presented by yours truly. Then, it's sealed with a kiss, at which point I try to make heads or tails of that blasted semblance." He shrugged, looking rather bored. "While I'm at it, the terms get seared into your soul, along with... I suppose you could compare it to a fingerprint. It's probably going to be the nastiest bit of the thing for you - it hurts like sin for a few seconds."

@Qrow Branwen

Qrow Branwen likes this.
  5. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

The fact that Crowley mentioned something akin to his previous clients' dissatisfaction, 'squealing about not being told things,' was a red flag. He wouldn't make that up. That had happened to him in his line of business, and it stood out form his sauntering speech like a prostitute at church. And just as fittingly, Qrow's attention was drawn to it.

"...and that makes it hard for me to remember everything to tell you if you don't ask them." He kept his neutral poker face and simply made a mental note to be sure to ask all the questions he needed to and leave nothing up to the demon's imagination, no holes in their discussion for him to weasel through. "Fair enough."

Getting rid of his Semblance didn't sound like a very safe idea, as it basically equated to death. But tweaking it to be manageable sounded much more plausible and preferred. He'd always wondered why he had been the only man in the history of Remnant who couldn't manage his own innate ability. Surely a being as powerful as a demon who could transform everyone in a room into Sleeping Beauty with the snap of his finger could at least give Qrow a power switch to his own soul.

He narrowed his red eyes at the mention of a favor, one that he correctly guessed he wouldn't have a choice to decline, and which would most likely be a rather unpleasant one to fulfill. As the saying goes, all magic comes with a price.

Qrow eyed the canine as she moved back to her master, as if his mention of her species was her cue to form a picture-perfect pose at his side. A ten year contract that resulted in an eternity in hell... Even a moron would know that was a scam. Yet apparently people were desperate or stupid enough to fall for that, back wherever Crowley came from.

The huntsman liked to think that he was neither desperate nor stupid in this moment. He was simply exploring his options, shopping around for the best deal. He was a smart buyer, having scammed a few folks himself back in the day. His days of being a dishonest bandit were long gone, yet that knowledge and skill served him well from a customer's viewpoint just as much as a seller's.

It sounded like he wouldn't be selling his soul to the devil. Only to Crowley. Even though the man was a complete stranger, a stereotypically evil being, and powerful as fuck.... well, he could be a lot worse of a person, from what Qrow had seen. Damnation to hell evidently had nothing to do with this deal, perhaps being an amendment that Pandora's Box had put on the demon's business.

During Crowley's pause Qrow thought about all he'd been told, carefully formulating his questions. The deal-maker apparently wasn't in any kind of rush, and neither was Qrow, considering how big of a decision this was. From what he'd explained, it didn't sound like much of a risk at all. A shady favor in exchange for having everything he ever wanted. That sounded much too good to be true.

It was almost chivalrous, how polite and consensual Crowley made this whole thing out to be. Nothing like what Qrow had been expecting, nor what the folk tales warned of when dealing with evil forces.

But then, Qrow's thoughts were broken when another piece of the puzzle was revealed. "--A what, now?" He barked quietly, suspecting he'd heard the man incorrectly. He payed extra attention after that, wary that this was all some kind of prank again. The huntsman wasn't worried about whatever pain was supposed to come out of this bullshit. He wasn't some wuss. Qrow was a bit more concerned with peering over at Crowley and trying to figure out if he was serious or not.

He seemed very serious.

When he finished, Qrow dropped his arms to gesture lightly as he spoke. "And that's it, huh? Like signing a fucking marriage license, complete with kissing the bride... how sweet. Shared custody over the soul, livin' 'happily ever after,' and I don't even get dragged down to hell when you want to divorce me, is that right?" He asked, wanting to make sure that his mocking recap of what he'd been told was accurate.

With a tilt of his head and a raised index finger, he added, "What kind of favor would you 'ask' of me, when the time comes? And I assume it's not gonna be just one."

@Crowley

Crowley likes this.
  6. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Crowley was so used to people getting hung up on the whole kissing thing that he practically built in a pause just so they could get their gasps of horror out of the way. It was such an absurd little thing, in his mind. He had, in the past, encountered idiots (men, typically) who were more comfortable with the notion of selling their soul to a fucking demon than they were with the notion of kissing a man who also happened to be a demon but more importantly was in possession of a penis at the time of kissing.

He had tried, more than once, to delicately explain to such gems that he'd been male and female for nearly equal portions of his time spent possessing the living, but that had only made things worse, most of the time. Nowadays, Crowley gave them their options and waited to see if greed or latent homophobia won out in the end.

"Settle down, tiger. I'm not planning on popping your cherry - or even going past first base. Molestation's not one of my fetishes." Crowley drawled in a bored tone, regarding Qrow with one brow delicately raised.

Smiling demurely, Crowley continued to slouch beside Juliet. "If I want to divorce you, dear husband, I'll just have to carve out your beating heart and eat it. God, how dull is that." He mused, flashing Qrow an unfriendly smirk. After a moment, he hesitated, looking a bit bewildered. "Wait, or are you the bride? You don't look like a bottom." He shrugged absently, making a soft noise of surprise. Wouldn't be the first time he'd gotten that wrong.

"Could be one, could be more. If you restrict me to just one, I'm sure I'll come up with a doozy when the time comes, but I can't tell you what it'll be. Depends, doesn't it? Might be non-violent, might be ultra-violent. Consider it a gamble, Qrow." Crowley explained placidly, regarding the huntsman shrewdly. "If it's any comfort, I'm not the type to kill without reason. Not in the last few years."

@Qrow Branwen

James McGill likes this.
  7. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Qrow was entirely heterosexual, but he was also no homophobe. It wasn't necessarily kissing another man that alarmed him, it was kissing a complete stranger. Who was also a man. Alright, it was definitely a little weird, but he'd get over himself.

If he'd have ever wanted to kiss another man, it would have been Taiyang, and it would have been as a joke-- in exchange for nothing more than a round of sparkling laughter from the kids and the sight of his disgusted brother-in-law wiping his face for the next ten minutes and complaining about Qrow's burbon-flavored breath.

More importantly than the fact that he'd be kissing a man, he'd never heard of a deal with the devil being signed with a kiss. Kisses were more conventionally reserved for the 'true love' shenanigans. This sounded straight from a guidebook on how to prank naive people on candid camera.

"Oh, good. A true gentleman." Qrow lifted his pitch, sarcastically feigning relief that Crowley wouldn't take advantage of him on the first date. Or was this technically the second? "Lucky me."

Qrow really didn't give a damn what Crowley did with his heart after he carved it out. He'd be dead, so why would he care? The fear tactic, or distasteful joke, was a childish one. What was more interesting was that Crowley immediately assumed himself to be the role of wife, not his victim. Surprising, considering you'd think the demon in charge of his partner's soul would be considered the head of the newly formed household.

"Bride's not always on the bottom. Sex is usually more enjoyable for the guy when the lady's the one on top." But he wouldn't expect Crowley to know that, as he conveyed silently with a smirk. "We can argue about our preferred positions another day, unless it's required for your little contract." Whether Crowley was enjoying their union or not, Qrow would like to remain the one in control over the situation, so no matter which gender, he would volunteer for top.

The favor, otherwise known as the gamble, seemed to be all that was left to really consider. "If it's any comfort, I'm not the type to kill without reason. Not in the last few years." It was a comfort, but only just barely. "Good to know." He nodded in careless gratitude for the piece of information, though he suspected that a 'few years' in demon time was a comparable to a few minutes.

He stepped towards the mountain side, turning his back to Crowley and folding his arms to think to himself for a few moments. It sounded like a worthwhile deal, with minimal risk and sacrifice. Perhaps too good to be true, perhaps something he'd end up regretting, but he still had the terms to finesse and agree to. The deal wasn't etched in stone quite yet, and he'd do his best to patch any holes. Finally, he came to a decision.

Turning back to Crowley, he proposed concisely, "I'll do you any favor, so long as it doesn't involve the harm of a child, or the harm of my family." It was plain to see that the best favor to ask of him would be a mercenary one, a mission which he was not unfamiliar with. Having the freedom of choice taken away from him in that situation scared him to the core, especially if Crowley decided one day that an innocent village was due for a plundering, but as the demon referred to earlier... he wouldn't target an innocent. Seemed like Qrow lucked out and found the most diplomatic demon to sell his soul to.

"And by 'child' I'm referring to anyone under the age of eighteen years old." He clarified, just in case Crowley had a mind to manipulate that term however he pleased. "Sound reasonable?"

Approaching the deal-maker confidently but not aggressively, he continued, "In exchange, you give me the ability to control my semblance. Whether that means being able to control who it affects, or control when it's active and when it's dormant.... Whichever you can do." Qrow shrugged as he came to stand before him, keeping one finger lifted and finalizing in his gentle but stern authoritative voice, "But if you get down in there and find out that you can't give me one of those two things, the deal is off."

@Crowley

Crowley likes this.
  8. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

For a demon who had been both King of the Crossroads and, later, King of Hell itself, Crowley had been conditioned for longer than he could remember to be the bottom of any relationship he wound up in. The blame could be deposited part and parcel on Lilith's doorstep, but then again, Crowley had very vague memories of his life before Hell. Who knew whether if it had always been a trend? In any case, he merely quirked a brow at Qrow, smiling lewdly.

"I know more about it than you do, darling. Not that I'm interested in a pissing contest about our exploits at the moment." Crowley chuckled in good humor, unphased by the unsavory turn in the conversation. As a demon - maybe just due to his own personality - he was all too eager to overshare about his experiences if he was asked. Still - now was not the time for it. "In any case, like I said, I don't mix business and pleasure, and I can tell I'm not your type. More's the pity."

Crowley waited patiently for Qrow to muse over the deal. Rather than watching the scenery, the demon scrutinized the man while he was looking away. While there was nothing about Qrow's posture which would suggest that the deal was not going to go ahead, there was no denying the lines of tension. "You can give me the names of your family - and even your friends - that you don't want to be turned against, and they'll be safe." Crowley compromised diplomatically. Family was too vague. Arguably, Qrow might be able to claim upwards of a thousand different people as his family somewhere along the line. It was a trap the demon had fallen into before.

"Maximum of ten names. I think that's generous." He added coolly.

His lips quirked into a sly smirk as Qrow continued to neatly close loopholes. Smart boy. Crowley could appreciate that. "Of course. If I can't make your semblance controllable in some fashion, you get your soul back and we call it fair." He purred, eyes locked on the huntsman with a faintly predatory sheen.

Friend of not, this was what Crowley loved.

@Qrow Branwen

Qrow Branwen likes this.
  9. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

'Not your type?' The dirty demon sure as hell got that right. Qrow could picture his dating profile right now; 'Snarky intruding bastard straight from the underworld, must love hellhounds, here's my sigil, call me if you want your soul stolen by a kiss-- but don't worry, I'm not a molester.' Swipe left.

Damn. Crowley had caught the safeguard Qrow had planted with the vagueness of the term 'family.' He thought he would be able to get away with it, since he'd already mentioned his nieces to Crowley in a drunken stupor the other day. But it seemed that the demon wasn't too keen on assuming things were the way they appeared to be in this little contract of theirs either. The huntsman supposed it was only fair given that he'd gone ahead to clarify the term 'child.'

He didn't want to be 'turned against' anyone. That phrase made him cringe, but he'd give Crowley the benefit of the doubt and believe he'd meant it in a joking manner. A distasteful joke, yet again. "Very well." Ten names of family and friends. That seemed like a small number, but only four names immediately jumped into his mind, so he began with them. "Ruby Rose, Yang Xaio Long." His two nieces. Though they were 'children' now, they wouldn't be forever, and he wanted to cover his bases extra well.

Speaking of, there were those who were family but who were not here in Pandora. He supposed it wouldn't hurt to cover those bases as well, just in case. People appeared out of nowhere everyday, and it was better to be safe than sorry. "Taiyang Xiao Long, Raven Branwen." Not that the latter was necessarily considered family anymore, despite the unfortunate blood relation, but she deserved to be on this list nonetheless.

After that... he paused in shallow contemplation. He didn't really have all that many friends-- having avoided making many for most of his life, for reasons already explained. Some names that popped into his mind where those of children's. He didn't know what age Cole was, and there was also the mention of some kind of spirit possessing him, so age was definitely a tricky subject when it came to the seeker, so he threw his name on the list. "...Cole. He doesn't have a last name. Same with Sans."

Four more slots. Qrow didn't like playing favorites, and the more he thought about it, the more names he remembered. This was quickly turning into some kind of sick game. He listed off the most prominent ones that stood out. "Jo Harvelle, Robb Stark, Philip Blake..." As he came to the last slot, he hesitated. There were more names he could think of, but he didn't have room for everyone. What a twisted way to find out that he cared about more people than he originally thought. "...And Merlin Ambrosius."

He tried not to think too hard about that little list he'd come up with on the spot. It wasn't like everyone else he'd met and had grown fond of were going to die by his hand simply because he hadn't spoken their name in that moment. The fact that Crowley didn't know their names would be enough to protect them. There was no point in overthinking that list. He'd said the names he'd said and he wasn't going to change them. Qrow had no regrets regarding that roster.

It seemed that every hole had been patched now, which caused Qrow to pause and think over everything once more, in case he'd missed anything. Perhaps the deeply hidden thrill of having everything he wanted so close at hand and ready for the taking was making it difficult to think, perhaps he was simply straining his mind overthinking a truly simple deal, but... he couldn't detect anything he'd missed.

Fair? He even had an option to back out if he wasn't able to get exactly what he was bargaining for?
    It was much too good to be true. The only red flag he could find at this point was that fact that he couldn't find any more red flags.

".....Alright." With a sigh, he concluded his internal search and nervously tensed and loosened his fists at his sides. He was scared, but worse, he was hopeful. Above all, Qrow was regretful that he wasn't drunk for this. It would be so much easier for him to calm his nerves if there was a steady buzz in the back of his skull right now.

He didn't know if he even needed to, but... hesitantly... he lowered his aura so Crowley could do whatever it was that he needed to do, on the magical side of things.

The demon was going to get one hell of a sucker punch if he thought doing of any funny business during this very awkward transaction.

@Crowley

10. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Crowley took in the names without comment, committing each to memory and making a vague note in the back of his mind to look into them. Not for any evil purpose, though he was sure Qrow would argue the point, but simply because Crowley was a curious beast and he liked to know things.

"You can take Jo's name off and use someone else's. I'm not about to hurt her." Crowley advised reasonably, squinting at Qrow. Of course they'd be friends. They were both troublemakers and morons. At least Qrow hadn't tried to kill him yet - that was an improvement from dear, sweet Jo and her aggravating distrust.

Rolling his eyes, the demon couldn't help the tiniest spark of offense that was stirring in his chest as this thing kept being batted back and forth. Perhaps it had been the reminder of Jo, and, in turn, that unsubtle loathing she had for him. "Honestly, if you don't stop looking at me like I'm about to add in a clause about eating your first born child, I'm calling this off myself. I don't need to help you, Qrow. You're the one who called me, so stop looking at me like I'm the devil." Crowley ground out, tone laced with subdued anger. "If you don't want the deal, then tell me and I'll piss off back to the fire and brimstone hole in the ground I call a home to curse humanity for the rest of my days. Or whatever it is you think I'd do."

Deflating from his sudden burst of rage, Crowley crossed his arms defensively, making no move to seal the deal. Instead, he glowered at Qrow, feeling suddenly... oh, he hated using any word like frightened, but he was abruptly concerned that this was a bad idea. That this was going to turn into a Winchester thing and he was going to have this bastard chasing after him for the rest of his life because he was stupid enough to trade his soul like a bag of crisps on a schoolyard.

"New stipulation. I want a promise that you aren't going to turn around and start gunning for me if this isn't everything you thought it would be." Crowley snarled, masking his trepidation with antagonistic spite. "No murder plots, no scheming for my demise, no plans to make my life a living Hell. I do this for you, and you leave me alone unless I'm asking for a favor."

@Qrow Branwen

Qrow Branwen likes this.
  11. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

The fact that Crowley knew Jo was interesting, though it seemed that he knew her as more than just a barkeep in Cascade Bay. Whether it was a friendly one or not, there was a story behind there, one that only secured her spot on Qrow's list. "Perhaps not, but you might make me hurt her, and I'm not taking that chance. Her name stays." Jo knew how to handle herself against a multitude of phenomenal creatures that Qrow had little knowledge of, but there could be a chance that all Crowley needed to get to her was a human vessel to sneak past her defenses.

Perhaps he was being over-cautious, but the last thing he wanted was for one of his friends to get hurt because of him. The entire point of this deal was to stop that trend.

Apparently his caution was insulting to the deal-maker. Qrow never meant to offend him or look at him like he was Lucifer. "Hey, hey, If I thought you were the devil, I wouldn't be standing here talking to you." The mention of calling off the deal himself was surprising, and a little alarming. No vendor pulled his hand away right before a shake to decline the deal he'd just spent the time hashing out with a customer.

Unless he was still bartering, and looking to use his customer's desperation against them to seal a better deal. The huntsman met Crowley's scrutinizing look with neutral curiosity. Not suspicion, not fear, just emotionless observance.

Whether Crowley was using a haggling strategy or not, he was genuinely nervous. Qrow almost smiled at the thought that a demon who as powerful as Crowley was nervous, perhaps even afraid, of little old him. By asking for his own security, Crowley was informing Qrow that he was capable of hurting him in the first place, an idea that Qrow had doubted before now.

"Sounds like you've had troubles with that kind of thing in the past." Qrow commented in response, unable to hide the tiniest smile as he assured him with a familiar fact, "If it's any comfort to you, I don't kill without reason."

That was mostly a joke, but it was also true. To ward off any more flares of emotion, he lifted his hands and earnestly explained. "Now listen, I'm not the kind of guy to buy something, break it, then demand a refund because of manufacturer error. I feel like the terms we've talked about are fair, and if you feel the same way, then there should be no dissatisfaction on either side."

With the goal of looking at the situation logically, he mentioned, "One might argue that you-- the one who has little to nothing at stake in this agreement-- having second thoughts about this deal is a sign that we've left a hole somewhere." Then, honestly, he relinquished, "But I don't think that's what is happening. I think you've had bad experiences with bad clients in the past, and in all reality you have just as little reason to trust me as I have to trust you."

Gesturing softly, he tilted his head down and shook it. "I don't mean to treat you like some con artist, Crowley, and I apologize if I've come off that way. I simply don't trust strangers, no matter their species or profession. I haven't known you very long and as you can tell, I haven't met many demons in my lifetime. And I sure as hell have never sold my soul."

"For what it's worth, I think you're reasonable man who follows his own set of rules. There's something respectable in that kind of person." He smiled, placing one hand on his hip. "And though you're not exactly a saint, I don't think of you as a malicious conniving bastard. You've been very professional and considerate about all this, and I do feel comfortable making this deal with you."

Coming to his point, he gently emphasized with a nod, "As it currently stands."

"I'm not some black widow. I have no intentions of hurting you, and I don't think I'll gain any after this. Quite the opposite, in fact. You have no reason to fear me 'coming after you.'" He explained optimistically. "...But, if you still insist on some kind of insurance, I can agree to not being able to directly kill you. Because like I said, I heavily doubt that I'd ever want to."

@Crowley

12. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Crowley bit back his desire to sneer when Qrow pushed for Jo's name to stay on his list, rolling his eyes instead. If the idiot wanted to waste a name, that was fine by him. It was no skin off Crowley's back either way, though it further reminded him that Qrow trusted him about as far as he could throw him.

The demon gritted his teeth when his past with this kind of thing was alluded to, but he refrained from commenting. Qrow had no reason to know the reasoning behind anything that Crowley did, especially since the man seemed convinced that they were enemies. The kind of thing being hinted at here... that was not information Crowley was inclined to impart to anyone that he suspected would use it against him.

At the start of Qrow's tangent, Crowley remained with his arms folded, glaring over the hunstman's shoulder with no desire to even make eye contact, feeling a gross, human combination of anger, resentment and bitterness. For a split second, he looked even more outraged, when Qrow implied that he was only hesitating because there was a loophole somewhere that he hadn't closed. He opened his mouth to retort, only to be cut off as the man continued to talk.

Hesitating, Crowley's posture loosened slightly. He paid closer attention, gradually looking at Qrow with curiosity more than hostility. He blinked wordlessly at the apology, glancing away again, feeling uncomfortable and somewhat baffled that he'd been off his mark when he'd leaped to a conclusion about Qrow. Or, maybe he wasn't off the mark. Maybe this was all a bid to save face.

It didn't matter, since Qrow was agreeing to Crowley's new terms.

The demon released the breath he had been holding. Tilting his head, he regarded the huntsman thoughtfully. "Usually, people would just tell me to shut up with my whinging. But I appreciate your speech-making, Qrow. Have you ever considered politics?" He smirked, but the gesture was rather lacking.

"And... yes. If you must know, this kind of deal has come back to bite me in the past." He added quickly, sauntering closer. "More than once, in fact. Considering anyone a friend has a history of getting me nearly killed." As if Crowley twisted the arms of mortals, forcing them to trade their immortal souls for glory or riches. All he did was offer the desperate and the unwary an answer, which was more than the rest of the world ever did for them.

"Now then," Crowley cleared his throat awkwardly. "if you're done monologuing?"

@Qrow Branwen

Qrow Branwen likes this.
  13. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

It was nice to learn that despite his brash arrogance and foul attitude, Crowley was more or less a human being. More appropriately, he was a demon that least shared many characteristics of a human being. He could be reasoned with, and he was governed on some level by at lease some sort of emotion, though it was usually a hot headed or deviously playful one.

Qrow was learning more and more about him with every roll of his eyes, every tightening and loosening of his expression, and ever caustic semi-grateful word he spoke. Crowley was becoming less and less of a stranger.

With a smirk he lifted his chin briefly. "I've had my fair share of getting tangled up in politics. Met too many stupid people in the process, so I try to avoid it now."

He was definitely going to ask about Crowley's history of unsatisfied and vengeful customers, but not today. It was obviously a touchy subject, and the deal-maker would probably feel more comfortable talking about it after they'd grown to know each other better.

"Funny. In my experience, considering anyone a friend has a history of getting them nearly killed, so it seems we're meant for each other." Qrow lifted one palm in a half shrug, returning to the joke about their relationship. It was only fitting. Valentine's Day was fast approaching and they were about to kiss.

Speaking of that...

The huntsman's humored grin slowly receded as he thought over their terms one last time, amendments included, then nodded with a rasping sigh. "Yeah. Guess so." His gaze flickered across the other man's face-- particularly his mouth-- as if analyzing unknown territory, which wasn't far from the truth. Retaining his poker face of indifference, he took the brief time to request with a half sneer. "No tongue."

@Crowley

14. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Try being a king to demons. You learn the true definition of idiocy very quickly." Crowley scoffed darkly, though he flashed Qrow a thin smile irregardless, feeling a simple sort of pleasure in knowing that the man wasn't being an unrepentant prick anymore. Not that Crowley cared, he reminded himself sharply. This was just easier.

He didn't mind biding his time before the deal was made. There was no rush for Crowley, who had what amounted to an eternity to wile away, and he merely regarded Qrow with vested interest, both bemused and oddly touched by their ongoing, ordinary conversation. While he'd been momentarily annoyed by the huntsman's suspicions regarding his motives, the truth of the matter was quite simple: No one ever trusted Crowley, and it was, in itself, remarkably strange for anybody to be even remotely willing to continue talking to him once the demon thing was out in the open.

He could have dwelt on it longer, but there was no denying that he preferred the task at hand. Back in the land of the familiar - of souls and deals. He offered Qrow a thin smirk, raising one brow. "Please. Only if you want it." He taunted harmlessly, stalking forward with clear intention - unwilling to risk another moral interruption to the affair. Besides, Crowley was bloody curious to get a closer look at that odd little soul, so he hauled Qrow into the kiss with little decorum, taking a split second to delight in how clearly undesired it was before he focused on the soul.

It was human, that much was certain, but it was of a different breed. It crackled beneath Crowley's ginger touch with flashes of energy that felt red, and as he traced the lines of power along it, marking his claim and stating the terms of the deal as he continued his examination, Crowley came upon what he could only call a hook, or perhaps a snag. It was his way into the mechanisms of the soul without getting his own essence burned to a crisp, and he followed it eagerly, plunging deeper into the reactor that was a human soul, careful and cautious but so very intrigued.

He found the semblance, eventually, noting its complexity. It was a pretty thing, in a menacing kind of way. Tied so intrinsically to the soul itself that Crowley would never have been able to find it had he not reached deeper than he did in a normal deal. Probably too deep, if he was being honest. Dealing directly with a soul was never comfortable, but right now it was becoming downright agonizing.

He thought, circling the semblance-spot, that he might be able to remove it if he was able to stay, but already he was testing his limits, so the demon plunged both metaphysical hands into the heart of the tangled mess and did what he could, pulling strings and wires and this and that until he was satisfied that the semblance would be manageable.

Maybe not completely reliable, but he was sure that it would obey Qrow's whims in nine situations out of ten.

Crowley came back into his body with such a jolt that he staggered backwards, breathing harshly. Raising a hand to his face, he frowned at a sliver of blood he wiped away from his nose. Or was it blood at all? It could be his own bloody essence leaking out. It felt like that was what it was.

Strutting past Qrow, the demon approached the edge of the cliff, standing with his toes peeking over the side and leaning forward. Turning his head, he grinned, extending his arms out in a grand show. "Perfectly safe." He exclaimed, stepping back from the ledge again before he fell over in his own bout of weakness.

"I did what I could. It should be within your control 99% of the time. I'd say all the time, but it was a harder job than I anticipated. The thing's so wrapped up in your soul I could scarcely see where one began and the other ended." He explained hoarsely, wiping a hand under his nose again. "How's it feel? Any different?"

@Qrow Branwen

Qrow Branwen likes this.
  15. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

King of demons? Now that was edgy, even for Qrow. His small smirk argued with itself over whether it was impressed or humored. No wonder the demon was surprisingly chivalrous, he was the goddamn king of demons. Qrow never thought he'd marry into a royal family. This was turning out to be his luckiest day yet.

If Qrow had any feathers at the moment, they would have bristled in defense as the other man approached and then delved within his personal space, obviously having no qualms or hesitations about the matter at hand. He clenched his jaw under the invasive kiss, bearing through the unfamiliar experience without resistance yet still tensing up defensively. Strangely enough he'd rather be physically attacked than intimately attacked-- more comfortable with being punched by another man than kissed by one.

His arms came up in preparation to execute a shove, but he didn't have a terribly strong need to break away from Crowley, at first. In fact, soon after their initial contact he felt a glimmer of something foreign deep within him and remained relatively frozen for a moment to process it. It felt somewhat familiar, like the time he'd been touched by Ozpin's magic when the headmaster attempted to unlock his already activated semblance, and the time when the same man had gifted him and his sister with the ability to transform into corvids.

Whatever was happening this time around, it was slightly more painful than the other experiences with someone touching his soul, and Qrow's fingers tightened around Crowley's arms in a warning as he clenched through the increasingly burning sensation. Then it suddenly seared, igniting his nerves with pain and eliciting a strangled gasp that morphed into a roar through their mouths, which were then separated by the demon's departure.

It all happened very quickly, and the huntsman found himself on the rocky ground, hands shaking as he held himself up on all fours. He leaned back to kneel up on his knees, bringing a hand to his chest to clutch at his shirt and analyzed himself. "Fuck..." Crowley hadn't been kidding. That hurt. Yet strangely, none of his aura had depleted, nor his actual heath. It felt as if his shield was blinking with a recovery warning, but other than that, he felt fine.

But different.

With confusion in his brows, he looked up at Crowley as he wiped a fluid from his nose, trying to comprehend what had just happened. It felt as if his ears had been popped, now feeling a sudden absence of a silent screaming that he'd grown accustomed to hearing his whole life. He slowly stood up as Crowley approached the edge of the cliff. The feeling could also be compared to that as if an article of clothing had disappeared from his skin. A jacket, ring, a bracelet, or more appropriately, handcuffs. Having worn them for so long, it felt unnatural to suddenly be freed of them.

Qrow was too distracted with rediscovering his own soul to smile at Crowley's little show. Just because he hadn't slipped, didn't mean anything was different. Luck, bad or good, acted unpredictably. If it was easy to predict, a lot of people would have found a way to monetize it by now.

The huntsman glared thoughtfully into the other man's face as he spoke, briefly wondering what was leaking out of his nose and concerned that he was injured. Taking a moment to compose his thoughts, he closed his eyes and focused in on the changes inside of him.

His soul was still whole, still brimming with a malicious and wild strength, but there was a charred spot upon the red. A speck of blackness that stood out like a brand scar. Upon touching that blackness, the screaming silence returned with a thunderous presence and all felt normal again. Afraid for a moment that he'd be damned to endure this state for the rest of his life, he repeated the internal action, and was swallowed by peace and quiet once more.

A grin erupted from his lips, and he opened his brightened eyes. "...I can control it." He breathed in disbelief and rapture. His grin spread as he punched out a couple laughs, and he felt his bones lift with a new energy and excitement for life. He felt like a child with the entire world at his fingertips. "You son of a bitch!" He sneered joyfully and accusingly at the demon. "You actually did it."

@Crowley

16. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

When Qrow hit the ground, Crowley regarded him with interest for a moment. Deals were strange things - some people felt them much more keenly than others. It seemed, in Pandora, that people were generally much more closely entwined with their souls, and experienced the trauma of a deal more strongly than the humans in his own world. Then again, perhaps it was Crowley's heavy-handed approach that caused the pain.

He wasn't sure. In this case, however, he suspected it had everything to do with the sheer amount of fucking around he'd done with Qrow's soul to make the semblance stop doing what it naturally wanted to do. It was like erecting a dam in a stream - what started as a very small task soon became monumental, because the water wanted to continue on its course.

He watched carefully as it all seemed to start sinking in for Qrow, tilting his head to the side. Usually, Crowley missed this part of his deals - he hated the emotions, and he ran the risk of being hugged, which just made him uncomfortable. Still, it was interesting to observe, and the demon raised his hands innocently when Qrow rounded on him, worried for a split second that he was about to get reamed out.

"I told you I would, and I don't give my word lightly." He said slowly, smirking thinly in response to Qrow's evident elation. "So, what's your plan? Is there a plan? Sky's the limit, mate."

@Qrow Branwen

Qrow Branwen likes this.
  17. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Qrow laughed to himself again and paced in a tight circle, enjoying commanding his tweaked semblance on and off a few more times like a naughty child tormenting a light switch. He enjoyed feeling the drastic difference in his soul between the two modes, like running through a cascading layer of waterfalls. Wet, dry, wet, dry, cold, warm, cold, warm, screaming, silence, screaming, silence.

He was finally, completely in control.

He was no longer chained to a gambling table, forced to perpetually play a sick game of betting his money with the risk of losing it all-- even if he did win sometimes. No, now he could walk away, stop playing, keep his winnings and leave the table. And anytime he wanted to return, he could. It was fucking miraculous.

"I..." Attempting to reign in his idiotic smile, Qrow cleared his throat and stopped playing around, coming to stand still in front of the demon once more. He could feel his energy growing tired with the effort to do such an unnatural and new thing.

Crowley didn't understand the scope of what he'd done. There were no limits now. Qrow could touch the sky before, but now he could reach space, and space was limitless. "I don't know." He smirked optimistically with a airy shrug. There were so many ways to answer him, he couldn't pick just one. "I can go see my girls. I can take them places, show them things, spar with them without worrying about someone accidentally getting hurt!" He gestured, as if presented with a sea of possibilities in front of him.

"I can be a teacher again, I can date..." Gradually they grew more ridiculous, fueled by his fond excitement. "I can lead an army, I can rule the fucking world, now, Crowley!" His grin broke free once more, probably at the thought of how horribly irresponsible of a world leader he'd be. Exhaling to soothe his nerves, Qrow shook his head and asked, "...Do you have any idea how much good... you've done for me?" It was as close to a 'thank you' as the demon was going to get, but in all honestly, Qrow really didn't see him as anything like a demon anymore. Perhaps more akin to an angel that had fallen down to his wretched level.

@Crowley

18. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Crowley watched in amusement as Qrow paced back and forth. While he was too old to get wrapped up in all the excitement, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of satisfaction at a job well done. More often than not, deals were little more than currency in Crowley's eyes, but now and then there was one that tickled him pink. Bobby Singer's legs came to mind - moreso now than at the time, thanks to the bloody purification - and now this.

"Right. Let's start with visiting those girls and getting laid, shall we? Put a pin in the whole world domination bid for a while, yes?" Crowley chuckled, continuing to regard Qrow with clinical interest. It was strange, but nice to see positive emotions expressed so freely around him. Once upon a time, such things had annoyed him or confused him, but now, while it was still a bit strange, there was a definite pleasant edge to it.

Tilting his head, Crowley's smile took on a strange quality. Maybe melancholy, or maybe just miserable for a fleeting moment. It was gone as soon as it had appeared, however, and the demon shook his head vigorously. "Not the foggiest, mate." He answered honestly. Even at the height of his power and his glory, Crowley wasn't sure he'd ever been so happy as this. He wasn't sure he was capable of feeling so happy. In fact... he was certain that such intense emotion was beyond him.

It was a bitch, truth be told. His soul had been purified enough to feel feelings, but not enough for them to be as pure as what he saw Qrow reveling in. Not without injecting human blood into his veins, anyway.

Funny, the way the mind dredged up such lousy thoughts at times like this.

@Qrow Branwen

Qrow Branwen likes this.
  19. Qrow Branwen

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Qrow released a shoulder-bouncing laugh at his advice, agreeing with a nod while itching the back of his head. "Yeah, guess I should keep my goals somewhat reasonable, for now." He then watched Crowley's face shift briefly, hearing a quality to his next answer that was far from humor. Could it be something akin to longing? He knew the look well, so perhaps any other man would have missed the faint trace of the emotion.

"...What would you wish for?" He asked after a while of thinking over what he'd almost seen. He may have been reading into the other man's expression and words a little too much, but he was curious all the same. "If you could have anything."

Although Crowley was an all-powerful deal-maker, Qrow wondered if he could gift himself with the myriad of talents and gifts he bestowed upon his clients, of if there was something, however small, that he couldn't do-- especially for himself. The fact that he traded gifts for favors alluded to the notion that he desired things which he couldn't accomplish by himself, after all.

His question wasn't necessarily meant to be an offer to help Crowley obtain his deepest desires, but more of a thought provoker to try to lift that fog of the demon's and shed some light on exactly how much he'd impacted the rest of Qrow's life with this new gift.

@Crowley

Crowley likes this.
  20. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Oh, I dunno about that Qrow. World domination might be easier than modern-day dating." Crowley chuckled harmlessly, glancing away to survey the landscape instead. It was a nice spot, when he wasn't falling off the sodding cliff. The wind was a bit much, but Crowley made a mental note to come back - it seemed like a good place to be by himself. Not, truth be told, that he really wanted to be alone very often. Quite to opposite.

Turning his gaze back to Qrow, for a moment the demon looked shocked, and even a trifle offended. A second later, his expression shuttered as Crowley contemplated that loaded question, which had been sprung on him with near childish indelicacy. His mind cycled through his wants and his needs - starting with what was practical and working down to the darkest and the wildest desires, ending at The One. The One Wish that he didn't like to think about at all, but he still thought about all the bleeding time.

He didn't want to be a fucking human, because humans were pathetic and weak. But he sorely wanted to have emotion again. He wanted to feel. He wanted love, and he hated himself for it. He hated that no matter how far or hard he pushed away from that bleeding purification ritual and its aftermath, it always came circling back. He didn't want to be a demon - any more than he wanted to be human.

He didn't know what he wanted to be, besides... what? Safe, loved, happy... all those ooey gooey emotions that had been stripped away over the course of his time in the Pit. Over what had felt like - what had been thousands of years on the rack. He was missing something he couldn't even remember feeling, and Qrow was a piece of shit for reminding him of it.

Blinking once, Crowley smirked lewdly. "There was a brothel in Barcelona, circa 1892. Had the best whores I'd ever seen, and I've not seen their like since. I'd like an evening in that brothel, Harry. Just the one." He winked, clicking his tongue saucily.

@Qrow Branwen

Qrow Branwen likes this.