HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private You Want to See Lucy's Tits?

Discussion in 'Pandora Town' started by Media, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Media had been curious with Valentines day just around the corner and realizing she herself had never been in love. She had told countless love stories and played every role in them but she herself had never been in love, not really. The closest was Mr. World, her loyalty to him could almost be counted like a dutiful wife to her outstanding husband but that wasn't the case. They were a family but not really. That was her whole reasoning to getting herself the silly potion in the first place, what was love? Media was eager to learn, however what she couldn't have counted on was how MUCH love she was going to stumble upon this month. It wasn't just her potion taking into effect tonight but a second as well. Media was in her office with her henchmen going through the scripts on her desk to see which would make it to the TV screen and which would be put through a paper shredder.

That was when she felt the sudden tingle in her chest and set a script down looking around her office a little alarmed. It faded for a moment and then acted up again making Media stand up, a bit perplexed. Excuse her but was she being summoned? Like some common 'thing', some controllable entity of lesser purpose? NO, that wasn't acceptable. Slamming her script down on the desk she crossed her arms over her chest while all the TV screens flickered on behind her. Reaching out for her office chair Media tried to grab hold of it but was blinded by the glare of the screens and once they had all gone out Media had vanished. She opened her eyes inside a pizza shop, one not far from where she wanted to put the Silver Palace. It was empty, a little strange since normally this place seemed so busy. Looking down at herself she noticed she was in her Lucy Ricardo form, one she hadn't chosen herself which was a bit annoying. Media had a reason and a purpose for appearing before people, she had a very delicate system and that system was being toyed with.

Worst of all the god itself was being toyed with, she didn't appreciate that even in the slightest. Walking around the empty place Media could see a table with a few light candles. Her attention flashing about to see who it was who had set this up. "Hello?" She raised a brow and walked over to the table, a set of red napkins placed on the tabletop as if this was set for 2. A romantic dinner? Did this have to deal with her potion? They should have put a warning label on it, caution, will force gods to be summoned against their will and make them rather snappy. Of course Media had purchased it as Heather Hart, not Media. How was someone supposed to just assume she was a god and give her fair warning? Media took a seat smoothing out her blue and white polka dot dress. Alright, she would play along for now and see what happened.

@Deacon

Deacon likes this.
  2. Deacon

Deacon Guest

Deacon liked to think that he wasn't completely hung up on Barbara. Sure, he was going to be happy settling down with her, and her death was definitely his fault-- no possibly murderous spirit children were going to change his mind about that-- but that didn't mean that he could never be happy again after she died.

Really.

That wasn't what got him to buy the potion, however. If he was looking for a girlfriend, he would have looked for a girlfriend. No, once he heard about the whole magic potions that led you to your true love thing, he was just plain curious.

What would happen if he drank from it? Who would show up? It wasn't really a question for him, he had to try it out. He was an investigator, after all. Maybe those potions were some super-secret magical poison that the Department of Intelligence needed to know about. Really, it was his civic duty to try one out.

Buying the date package that went with it was somehow even more of an impulse buy. It wasn't the most fancy date, but it was better than anything he could have had in the Commonwealth.

Once he entered the pizza place that he was informed would be the location of his date, he opened up his potion bottle and downed it all. He had been tempted to wear some silly disguise just to make it clear to the other person that it was all in good fun, but eventually he decided to wear a nice suit, along with his favorite pompadour wig and sunglasses. He made quite a handsome picture, he had to say.

To his surprise as he moved towards the table set up for his date, someone was there already. True, it was a surprise to realize that the potion had apparently summoned someone from the ether, but he was mostly surprised that the potion actually found him someone to be his 'true love'.

He desperately swallowed the self-loathing, pasting on his best smile and clearing his throat. "I suppose you're wondering why I called you here," he announced, sounding like the villain in a terrible B-movie, "well, you see, I wa-"

Once he made eye-contact with the woman at the table, his jokes were caught in his throat. She... she was amazing, and beautiful. Gorgeous and just perfect. He couldn't even move his feet, rooted to the spot.

Media likes this.
  3. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Someone else entered the pizza parlor though Media kept her attention fixed on her plate, her eyes wandering up only to look at an odd painting on the wall. It reminded her too much of Mr. Wednesday, it lacked class and sophistication, that painting was over all just...gross. Crossing her legs she let out a little huff feeling a bit funny as though her insides were buzzing like a million bees. Her circuits felt fried and out of control, an unsettling feeling for the god of Media since her skill was control. Not only just control of herself but control of others. The redhead then looked up at the man who had stopped by her, blue eyes sparking up with perhaps the first sign of life since showing up to Pandora. It wasn't the wide eyed sappy look of affection either but utter confusion, a bit like a lost puppy in the street trying to navigate through busy cars.

What was this feeling she was having? This strange alien feeling buzzing through her physical body and making her 'heart' race. She raised a brow and gave a friendly smile, eyes sparking up with a little more light, a little more joy. Media stood up, unlike a mortal she didn't have that shy complex or fear of rejection because gods were seldom turned down for anything. She was use to getting what she wanted and strange as it seemed what she wanted right now in this moment was him. Of course in the most ladylike of fashions, she wasn't a Greek god after all. "Hello, my name's Media." Her voice was darker than usual and hinted with that not so subtle flirty chime to it. "You're pretty hot." She continued without even skipping a beat. Yup, that was life as a god, so unafraid of rejection you just said it like it was.

Looking down at herself the redhead started to feel a little under dressed, after all he looked so sharp and she had just showed up in this. "I'm feeling a little too casual for the occasion." Media smiled and sat back down in her seat crossing her legs and touching her hair with the flirty tilt of her head. Some part of her was uncomfortable with the situation, the feelings she was having because it was new and unpredictable. She wasn't afraid of it she just didn't know how to actually handle it. Whatever this feeling was, was it perhaps love? That dizzying sick to your stomach sensation? It made her feel like she was standing on the deck of a ship while it was tossed about by the waves. Only there wasn't anything to really cling to and keep her balance or her head. At least she had gotten her wish. Without even really realizing she had said it out loud Media looked back at the empty plate. "So, this is what love feels like?"

Deacon likes this.
  4. Deacon

Deacon Guest

So, the beautiful redhead of Deacon's dreams was named Media. "I can't think of a more fitting name," he replied with a flirty smirk, "it'd be a shame if someone so perfect was hidden in obscurity. You can call me, Deacon." There was a voice in the back of his head asking what the hell was going on, but it was easily ignored.

His smirk became a full-blown grin at the compliment as he took his seat across from the lovely woman. "I'd ask if you thought I was a mirror, but that just wouldn't be possible," he returned, "wherever you see your reflection, just keep looking. Wouldn't want you to miss out on the most gorgeous sight possible."

He didn't hesitate to shake his head when she mentioned feeling underdressed. "Your dress looks perfect," he said. Then again, she could have been wearing power armor and he still would have found her gorgeous.

Love? His smile fell as he tried to think through that question. The only other person he had ever loved before was Barbara, and he never felt this way about her. There was never an all-encompassing infatuation, just a contentment, like he could always be himself around her. Whenever he thought of her, he thought of home.

No, no. Shaking that thought off, he smiled reassuringly at her and replied, "well, there's nothing else I'd want it to be."

Media likes this.
  5. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Media bat her lashes and made her checks light up with that pink hue. Most people didn't think much on blushing, the action was so natural, in fact humans had no ability to actually control their ability to blush, it just happened against their will. Media on the other hand had to remind herself to blush, force it upon herself because in film nobody blushed. You ever wondered why that was? Just as stated, humans couldn't make themselves blush, even the best of actors couldn't fake it so they just didn't unless it was edited in later with special effects. That's all her blushing was now, a special effect forced on herself. Something to make her look more human, more normal and less like a film star come to life.

"A pleasure to meet you Deacon." His compliment made her force another blush upon her face, this time a little more dramatic than the first as her ruby lips twisted into that famous smile Lucy held. "I have bad luck with mirrors, I'm just so clumsy." It seemed everything Media Lucy did only wound her up into some sort of comical trouble. "Try to just keep chocolates and alcohol away from me." She snickered. At least alcohol hidden within a vitamin supplement and chocolate on a conveyor belt that she had to wrap.

Media pepped up a little and giggled as she ran her hands over her dress when he said she looked perfect. She liked this, getting compliments left, right, and center really suited her. She should try falling in love more often. Even without the potion making her get big doey eyes for him she would have been flattered by his constant compliments. Maybe not enough to to stick around for more than a few hours but enough to keep her entertained until something more exciting came along. Now if Media had any control over the situation she would have found this satisfying to the understanding of love and ended it right here. Got up and walked out with a cheerful thank you but unfortunately Media had no control over this one.

"Oh really?" She asked when he said there was nothing else he would have wanted it to be. Leaning her elbows over on the table she smiled at him, quite smitten with him. A regular snazzy dresser who reminded her a little of those boys from back in the 50's. Her favorite era if she had to pick. "Me too, I like it, it makes me feel funny but I like it." She commented having her elbow slip on the table and knock over her glass of water. Media Lucy caught it as quick as possible and tried to dry up as much as she could only to have some spill over onto his lap. Maybe this was a bad body to wear out to this date. She forgot how accident prone it actually was.

"Oh I'm so sorry." Media popped up from her chair and ran over to his side not even thinking about it as she patted down on his pants where he had gotten wet. "See I told you I was clumsy, just my luck too. At least it wasn't wine, see what I mean about alcohol." She laughed a little not realizing she had suddenly gotten a bit too friendly with her napkin.

Deacon likes this.
  6. Deacon

Deacon Guest

Media actually saying she was pleased to meet him brought a warm, tingly feeling all through his body. It was so foreign to him, being able to talk to someone without having to catalog their every action in case they turned out to be working with the Institute. Even though he knew intellectually that he didn't need to worry about that in Pandora, it took the potion to strip away the instincts telling him to always be on guard.

"Oh, that must be terrible, not being able to see even a reflection of your own loveliness," he lamented. Clumsiness wasn't very common in the Commonwealth, so he wasn't quite sure what to do with that knowledge. Sure, there were still children and people who were able to hide from the constant danger, but mostly he lived around people who were at least stable enough not to endanger themselves. What should have been incredibly foreign to him just seemed charming, actually.

"Well, luckily for us, this date only comes with candlelight and whatever they serve here," he replied, "haven't tried it yet myself, but I've heard it's good." How weird, usually he would have been spinning a tale about how he was best friends with the owner and managed to talk his way into getting the date, but he was too busy staring into Media's eyes to think up anything so clever.

Before he could come up with some clever joke about her thinking love felt funny, his pants were suddenly drenched. Well, that was an exaggeration, but still. It was enough of a surprise to make him sit perfectly still, as if waiting for a fight to break out. His spine was ramrod straight, and only got straighter when Media tried to dry him off.

"Ah, that..." he stuttered, "tha- why don't you just let me take care of that?" For some reason, he really didn't want to make her uncomfortable. It was imperative that Media stay completely content with the date.

Media likes this.
  7. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    "I've never eaten here either." Media couldn't very well say she had never eaten in general or that she didn't need to eat because she was a digital god. She supposed she could, all gods could eat. Some did it ate or drank a little too much and Media could argue certain gods were borderline alcoholic. "I guess it will be a first for both of us." Media looked over the menu a little trying to think of what she would order. Cheese pizza seemed so very dull but some others were a little too over the top like garbage pizza? Who would want garbage on their pizza? Who would want to eat garbage at all?

Well, humans, they tend to eat things that weren't actually good for them. In the end it didn't really matter though did it? Heavily processed junk food or all organic and raw, in the end they were all going to die so enjoy it while they could? With her oops and spilling water into his lap however Media felt guilty and a little ashamed. She wanted to change her form but in front of him? How would she play that off? Hey, you are on a date with a god? That could either be amazing or horrible. She didn't want to send him screaming off into the distance.

When he told her he could take care of it Media handed him the napkin and apologized again. "I'm so sorry about that." She started walking back to her seat doing a little spin and going to sit back down though Lucy Media Missed the chair and ended up on the ground instead. Grabbing hold to the table top and making that classic Lucy face she did when something bad happened and the audience was laughing. Media must have gotten nervous, a little off her game because she forgot for a moment that the real world didn't have a laugh track so as she tried to get back up a random burst of laughter erupted and died down again until Media was in her seat fixing her dress.

Not the sort of laughter from one person either, the sort from a studio audience in classic sitcoms. Once Media was back in her chair she tried to play it cool again. "Well I'm just swell." She hoped she wasn't going to make this date crash and burn because she was less than graceful. "Maybe we should split something. I don't think I could eat a whole lot on my own." Maybe Media could eat until humanity vanished but she also had a tiny figure and she preferred to keep it that way. "What kind of toppings do you like on your pizza?" She didn't want to be left to pick, she might be wrong and then make him walk out. It was bad enough she had already soaked him.

Deacon likes this.
  8. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"And here I thought nothing could make this pizza more special than sharing it with a beauty such as you," Deacon replied. Usually such overdone flattery was for a purpose; trying to get some information or make someone uncomfortable. Being with Media, however, just made so many instincts and usual tricks disappear from his mind.

It was lucky that he had been in Pandora long enough to actually try pizza; it wasn't something he had a chance to try back home. However, thanks to the magic of Pandora, he had been eating a lot of it. Nice, cheap, and gets delivered to your door. How could he not?

"Hey, accidents happen," he said, "not like it hurts or anything." He always prided himself on being relaxed enough to not hold grudges. Mistakes are made, and no one needed to be yelled at for them. Even if he wasn't like that, he wouldn't have been upset. There was no way he could be mad at Media.

When Media fell down, Deacon's immediate reaction was to jump up, ready to help her back to her feet. She seemed fine enough to get back up on her own, however, so he simply sat back down and said, "like I said, accidents happen." He honestly couldn't help but find her absolutely charming whenever she fell or knocked stuff over. Then again, she was so amazing, how couldn't she be charming at all times?

"Sounds good to me," he replied, glancing at the menu. It was hard being the one to make the decision, knowing that he could easily pick something she wouldn't like. Despite always seeming as relaxed as possible, he never said anything without thinking it through first.

"Well, I like pepperoni," he blurted out. Why didn't he think it through? Idiot, idiot, idiot.

Media likes this.
  9. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    "I'm just lucky my first time having pizza and I get to share it with such a dashing gentleman." Because honestly this whole thing could have been a nightmare straight from Hel. She could have fallen madly in love with Mr. Wednesday, how awful would that have been? There was no amount of soap int he universe that could have washed that scumbag off of you. Media thought about it for a moment before the floaty lovey dovey feelings came back to her and she put a smile back on her face. It seemed like her hate for Wednesday transpired even love. That was good to know.

"I can agree accidents happen, that is virtually how every demigod was ever born." Media added as if all demigods were accidents. Some of them might had been intentional but why would you bother having a child with a human? Why would you bother having a child in general? Media found sometimes they just materialized, there were plenty of materializing gods in this world that you didn't need to go having offspring to become a parental figure. She had been one of them once upon a time and did any gods ever look after her outside of Mr. World? No, Media more or less had looked after herself until she was important enough for Mr. World to notice her.

After her mediocre fall from 'grace' Media forced herself to blush again. "I'm just full of accidents today." She shrugged and put on that lovely Lucy smile again. The one less intended for comical effect and geared more to her lovely modeling days before she became the comedian and actress everyone loved. He had mentioned pepperoni pizza and as far as she knew that was a pretty common one. Not as bland as cheese but not crazy either. "Pepperoni sounds swell." She rested her elbows on the table and wove her fingers together before resting her chin lightly on them, this time making sure her water was a safer distance from her elbows in the event she slipped again.

The waiter came out to collect their orders and Media put in for a chocolate shake if they had them. Next to wine that was something Media actually did take to quite a lot. She loved chocolate shakes, during the 50's when malt shops and soda shops were all the rage you could get a nice chocolate shake on every street. She wasn't a chocolate fan in general, just when it was mixed with ice cream. Just to make sure everything went off without a hitch Media bit down on her ruby lip and waved the waiter over to her with a finger before sitting up a little and whispering into his ear telling him to bring two straws. After all, Media remembered all those kids back in the day sharing a malt or shake together. Not like they were expensive back then, you could buy them with a nickle but that was the thing to do when going steady. Give the girl your ring, hold hands, and share shakes.

Deacon likes this.
  10. Deacon

Deacon Guest

Deacon wasn't a proud man. After everyone who was hurt because of his mistakes, there wasn't much to be proud of. He was able to pretend that he was as vain as a politician if need be, or that he was just a humble farmer, but the truth was that he had a great deal of self-loathing that never went away.

Except for when Media called him charming, of course. That weight pulling on his heart seemed to disappear whenever she smiled at him. It was almost like there was no room for any of those terrible feelings while in love. Interesting.

Her observation about demigods was understood, and managed to pull an amused snort out of him. "Yeah, you'd think those gods would figure out how to use a condom at least," he replied, "but I guess omnipotence isn't enough for some people to figure out a simple solution." Zeus would have been way better off if he learned to not be a fool at times.

"Hey, I've seen accidents that actually cause problems," he assured, "no need to get embarrassed." Really, when compared to Sole shooting up the entire Railroad just for the Brotherhood, Media slipping a couple of times was just cute.

Soon their orders were made, and as they waited for their food, it occurred to Deacon that he was supposed to do more than simply stare at Media's lovely face. "So, what do you do for work?" he asked, "modeling, acting? Something else that allows you to captivate the world with your beauty?"

Media likes this.
  11. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    "Their arrogance makes them think they are immune to common problems. It would be so much easier if they just didn't run around sleeping with everything that moves. I don't know if you know about Norse mythology but Loki the god of mischief actually had a foal with a horse and to give you an idea of how baffling it all it Loki was the mare." Yes, Loki, was the bitch horse in the relationship and had a foal. If you didn't side with the new gods at this point and realize they are far more sane then nothing would ever help you.

Media could have sat here all day complaining about the mistakes of the old gods and pointing out their flaws but she wanted to get to know Deacon more. "I've dealt with bigger accidents, well less so accidents and more so mistakes." She thought back to Technical boy, he was a mistake in general at times. He had so much potential but he needed someone to focus on his brand or he would get out of hand again. Mr. World wouldn't be pleased if the boy failed him again.

When she asked what she did for a living Media turned sideways and crossed her legs, resting her hands on her knee and folded them politely. "Well..." She paused trying to think how best to actually bring this up. He had to know eventually, what would happen if they were together for years and suddenly one day it hit him that she wasn't normal? "You see, the thing is I am all those things. It's a bit complicated really." She looked back up at him playing with her napkin nervously. "You see, I'm a..." Media looked at her glass of water again. "I'm a god. The god of media to be exact."

There, that wasn't so bad was it? Media looked back up at him waiting to see his reaction, it could be good or it could be bad though she hoped it was good. That would be horrible, out on her first date and having the guy freak out and reject her for being a god. What a horrible start to Media's love life that would be. Sitting up a little more she smiled again. "What about you, I'm curious about you. What do you do? What did you do before Pandora? What kind of world did you come from? You seem like you are just full of interesting stories I want to hear all about them."

Deacon likes this.
  12. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"Most things would be easier if people actually thought about what they were doing for a second," Deacon agreed. After all, if the Institute had ever realized that it was making living, thinking people, the Railroad might never have needed to exist.

Media's opinions on the gods were surprisingly passionate. Not that people weren't sometimes invested in the strangest things. Of course, since it was Media, he could only find it absolutely adorable. And right, of course. Ancient mythologies could get weird sometimes.

"Haven't we all?" he said, unable to stop a minuscule trace of his sadness at being betrayed like he was. Strangely enough, that only lasted a few seconds before Media managed to bring him back to his cheerful facade which was feeling more real at the moment.

When Media revealed exactly what she was, Deacon needed a second to process it. It was hard to tell, thanks to the sunglasses, but he was working through exactly what she meant for a good twenty seconds. Once he finally did get through the surprise and his brain allowed him to actually understand, he said, "oh, Media, the god of media. I get it. Feel kind of stupid for not picking up on it before."

Was he freaked out, or scared? Honestly, he had no idea. Anytime his thoughts even strayed towards a negative direction, it was like they were struck by a happy lightning. That made no sense, but neither did love, he was learning. Besides, it wasn't like he hadn't considered if Sole was descended from gods when they cleared out entire bases filled with monsters with only a few guns and some power armor.

As much as he wanted to make her comfortable by following the new conversation, that wasn't as fun. Talking about himself was one of his least favorite activities, right behind deathclaw wrangling and listening to Tom's conspiracy theories. And yet, when he opened his mouth, he felt like lying would be the absolute worst thing to do to her.

"Well, my world's not that fun," he confessed, "sort of, blown up. Nukes, you know? I was working with this group to protect a non-human race that was being treated like crap by everyone."

Media likes this.
  13. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    There was a moment of silence with media feeling her heart racing again, oh self, she had frightened him off hadn't she? She had made him back out of this whole thing, why had she been so silly to tell him she was a god. How overwhelmingly stupid. There were only two people Media told about her god status, people who were working for her as Media and not Heather Hart and people she liked enough to let them into her life. Well, perhaps there was a third category as well, other gods. It was hard to lie to another god and play mortal when they more or less knew. The gods of her world even knew what she was god of, the gods from other worlds she found were a little baffled by her role. Perhaps because they didn't know their worlds god of Media.

Once he started talking again Media felt like she could breath and let her shoulders slump a bit with relief. "Oh, it's fine. How are you suppose to know you have having a dinner date with a god. Not as if they would have put it on the front door or anything before you walked in. If they had you might have run." She joked a little knowing the reputation most gods had, gods like Odin and Zeus or Hera. Spoiled brats who threw tantrums when they didn't get what they wanted, Media was the same way honestly she just threw refined tantrums and rather than strike you down with lightning she struck you down with words...or meaningful telekinetic slaps to the face.

He spoke about his world a little describing it as a place where everything was blow up. "I detest war." It was true, she didn't like it but it was a large part of the media. Fear and war, threat of dropping the bombs. If everyone died and technology was destroyed what would happen to Media? She's lose her powers, she'd fade, she'd never have been. It was scary. "I'd do anything to avoid wars and dropping the bombs." Including kill the bastard who wanted to start a war with the new gods before he had a chance to even say 'I am Odin' a second time. It warmed her heart however to think of Deacon as one of those people who helped out those being oppressed by society. It made Media develop a greater respect and admiration for him, perhaps one even beyond just the love potion forcing her silly little heart to tick to the rhythm of a love song.

"That's so kind of you to do, look out for non-human races. Do you do the same here in Pandora? I'd imagine a lot of races need to be looked out for. Not gods of course, we do well enough looking out for ourselves." That and she wouldn't want to get him involved in their bickering fights. What would happen if he got hurt or killed by another god? What if Wednesday hurt him? Media discovered something she had never felt before either, protective. If Wednesday even so much as thought about harming a single cell in his body then he wouldn't be so glad o war anymore. He's be god of regret for crossing Media in the worst way possible and seeing what she could really do with her powers. Media shook the idea out of her head, she didn't want to think of Deacon in trouble, it was too alarming for her to face. Too uncomfortable and it made her heart twist in her chest.

14. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"Yeah, I doubt I'd be too excited to date one of those gods stuck with the jealous as all hell spouses," Deacon joked, "being the other woman is already bad enough before getting turned into a cow becomes an issue." Wait, so that probably meant that all those innocent women Zeus forced himself on actually were attacked by Hera. Wow, that really sucked.

Shaking that off, he added, "but, too late for second thoughts now, I'm already hooked." How could he have left behind a woman so perfect just because he was severely outclassed? It wasn't like he was the most powerful person in Pandora anyway, only able to shoot and hide. He couldn't have standards so high (or in this case, low) that literally no one else in the world fit them.

"Preaching to the choir here," he said, clear approval in his voice. While he hadn't seen the world before the war, he'd heard enough about it, from Sole and from what he had read, and had seen enough of the destruction his world had gone through to know that it was such a waste. A waste of life in particular.

Some voice in the back of his head-- the one that protected him while he was working for the Railroad-- was pretty pissed off at him for just admitting what he had done. A month in Pandora was enough for him to disregard it. What, were Brotherhood of Steel dicks about to storm the place looking for him? No, just like Cole said, he didn't need to keep lying. He wasn't going to stop, but he did loosen up just a little bit.

"Well, I've only been here for, wow, still not a month yet," he marveled slightly, surprised by how much had happened in only one month, "anyway, I'm still getting used to all the politics and different races. Once I figure out how they all fit together, I'll find some way to make myself useful for those being unfairly treated because of something they can't control."

Media likes this.
  15. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    There was a little shame in Media when he commented he wouldn't want to be stuck with one of those gods, a jealous spouse. Really Media didn't know what she was in the regard. Media knew stories aboutboth sides of the 'battle' that came with god like marriage. It seemed loyalty wasn't common among them which was why Media herself or really itself had never fallen for love or bothered with marriage. The new gods were more sophisticated, they were not related by any form of blood as old gods were. Some siblings while others were offspring. Some even were married and yet Media's 'family' was so much like them, artificial. They were never born, they just were. Mr. World acted as the head of the household, Media as the mouthpiece or right hand 'man', and Technical Boy was a bit like their ward under them, a learning god who served them well.

Media smiled when he said he was already hooked now. Leaning in a little she laughed a bit. "I'll promise to never turn you into a cow then." Not that Media had that power herself, if she did a lot more cows would be wandering around Pandora starting with one particular god. Maybe it was for the best Media could only change herself and not others. "That sounds swell, I'm sure Pandora could use someone like you." Weather Media actually believed in that or was just saying it because of how mushy she had gotten towards this mortal was unknown. Really at her core Media only really cared about herself and those she cared about like Technical Boy and Mr. World.

"Less then a month? So you are new to Pandora. Still reeling from all the weird encounters I am sure." Media hadn't been too bothered by it but her world had magic, just hidden away outside of human sight. "I've been here since spring though I kept mostly to myself." A difficult task for a goddess like Media. She had been busy setting up her life here in Pandora. "If you need any good survival pointers for Pandora I'm more than happy to give you a few cheaters. I've been almost all over aside from two towns and only because they don't have Starknet." Media stopped herself there. She couldn't tell him about her weakness. Even if she liked him that was off the topics of conversations.

"You know, I have to keep up to date with my work, I can't really afford to head out to a spot without connection to the network." Don't let him know that you actually operated half your ability without the starknet. The waiter brought out the shake Media had ordered since the Pizza wasn't done yet, they two straws sticking out the top. Media smiled up at the waiter with a smile and rested her elbows on the table again before looking over at Deacon. "You want some? I don't mind sharing." Survey said that was a lie but right now Media was feeling charitable. Not like it was attention or power she was sharing, just a slightly melted down version of ice cream you sucked up through a straw.

Deacon likes this.
  16. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"I appreciate that," Deacon joked, "I don't think I'd really pull off the bovine look." He remembered the first time he read about the story of Io, imagining that she had been turned into a brahmin. It was really hard to wrap his head around the idea that cows had ever had less than two heads. It still seemed a little bizarre, to be honest.

Media's compliment was almost too much for him to believe. He had always assumed he was the very worst the Commonwealth had to offer, but here someone was, telling him that he was going to help the world. He couldn't even form words to thank her, just shoot her a grateful, if watery smile.

"Tell me about it," he said, "my second day here, some kid who could read my mind showed up and started talking about my deepest fears." As much as he appreciated what Cole was trying to do, it was really his worst nightmare. Someone who he couldn't lie to, and who knew everything he had done wrong.

"Yeah, that makes sense," he said with a nod, "this Starknet stuff is really useful. I can see why you'd need to have it close." He also thought it was pretty cool, being able to mess with people when they couldn't see him, but that was a whole 'nother thing.

Soon, the drinks arrived, well, one drink. If there was anything Deacon knew, it was Old World cliche's. They were basically what he based most of his persona off of. With a wide grin, he moved closer to the straw facing him and took a sip. Nice.

17. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Media laughed with him when she told him he was safe from being transformed into something else. "You'd always be full of bull." She joked. Seemed like he had a rough start to coming to Pandora. Explaining that he had met a kid who showed him his deepest fears only on the second day he had gotten here. "Oh? Was it in Misty Hollow?" It made Media wonder if he had run into Pennywise. No, if he had he would have been dead, that creature was powerful, Media only had teamed up because she was clever but now if he ran into the creature she knew he could use her name to keep him safe right? Media might need to tell him about it but she wouldn't, not yet.

"It's helpful, really helpful." Media commented. It was her means of travel, communication, her means of watching others. Within Horizon and Morhall out of her reach she had never been to either place. Her constant reminder that there were blind spots for her within Pandora. It needed to be corrected, somehow. With the shake set down on the table and Deacon accepting her offer to take a few sips out of the shake. Media leaned in putting her own straw between her teeth and smiling. As she took a few sips it was clear her lipstick didn't actually seem like lipstick. It seemed more like her lips were red on their own, not actually able to be washed off but willed away by Media. Sitting back up she played with her straw a little, playing a more flirty version of herself or more so a flirty version of Lucy.

Deacon likes this.
  18. Deacon

Deacon Guest

Deacon didn't bother to hold back on the laughter at Media's joke. "Trust me, I've already got that covered," he replied. It didn't even occur to him that he had been completely honest for the entire date up to that point. Lying was how he communicated, but something about being around Media made him just... not need to.

"No, this town, actually," he answered, "I think he was trying to help. You know, a little psychic-therapy." He couldn't say that Cole wasn't helpful. It was just really uncomfortable to realize that his mind was being read, and that he couldn't fall back on his normal means of getting people to stop talking about the uncomfortable stuff.

"It sure is convenient for catching up with the latest excitement," he agreed. News could only travel so fast in the Commonwealth. Sure, rumors flew around surprisingly quickly, but it was so much easier to keep track of things thanks to Starknet.

Lipstick, just like all kinds of makeup, were pretty much nonexistent in his time, so he wasn't able to pick up on the subtleties of Media's lip color. Not that he could even notice anything so minor when he was so infatuated with the sight before him. Once they both took a sip he asked, "so, you must've seen some interesting stuff, being a god and all. Any good stories about some terrible movies?"

Media likes this.
  19. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    "Therapy? What a strange way to try and help someone. I suppose you can cause some healing by forcing someone to face their fear but only if done int he right way. I would know, I've studied humans and how they work. I'm not a therapist but I know how your minds work and I know how to deal with you." That was code for Media knowing how to manipulate them. She didn't want to linger on what others would consider negative. Truth be told Media wasn't a force of evil, she wasn't a force of good either, she simply was a force as all gods were. Made by humans to never be understood by humans, silly concept really.

Media had to agree with him that it made it convenient to catch up with updates. "People are more likely to get their news through the internet now than on TV and radio. Not only can you get it faster but you can get the updates at your own pace. Imagine you miss the morning news because you had to leave to work early? You were unable to listen to the radio or watch it on TV, you can now stream it from the new stations web page or read the article without needing to pay for the paper being delivered to your house or buying it from a shop. Everything is literally at your fingertips now."

Media would have pointed it out with a phone but funny enough Media didn't have a phone, she didn't need a phone because she was in the network. He asked her about her life as a god which made Media perk up again and remember she liked to talk about herself. "I have millions of stories about film and television. I was in a strange way behind the scenes for them all, I saw every disaster and conspiracy within Hollywood. I've seen all the worst B rated films and even the most horrid porn spoofs on movies." Media cringed a little at that. "Did you know there was a porno based on Jurassic Park? You don't want to know." He likely didn't even know what Jurassic Park was.

"I remember when the original black and white silent films were being made with the charming little music tracks which was actually very difficult for many people to destroy since not everyone could read back then. The invention of being able to record dialogue in movies also killed multiple silent actors careers because their voices were not well suited for film." She could think of a few obnoxious high pitched voices. Pretty faces who were talented at playing the girl who screams at monsters but the second they opened their mouth you wanted to shoot yourself.

Deacon likes this.
  20. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"Yeah, he didn't seem to get much other than trying to brute force his way through my psyche," Deacon replied with a chuckle. In hindsight it was pretty amusing just how hard it was to even talk to the weird kid, not so much at the time. "Still, pretty sure he was at least trying, I can respect that." Not like most people in the Commonwealth cared enough about anything to try. They had so many problems that the fate of the synths wasn't important to anyone who didn't see it firsthand.

"Way better than my world," he agreed, "best chance to get any news was to listen to the radio, and there was only one channel. Tune in at the wrong time and all you've got in the Ink Spots. Not that the host was all that good. Spent more time being terrified by literally anything to talk." He couldn't help but feel for Travis just a bit. Must've been hard to not be stupid enough to just wander directly into the most dangerous parts of the nuclear apocalypse.

Movies had always been something that fascinated Deacon. The Commonwealth pretty much had absolutely none left over, so all he knew about them were the snippets of information he could get from Pre-War ghouls and the magazines and books left over. Having someone who was basically there for all movies was almost overwhelming.

"Wait, really?" he asked with a laugh. No, he had no idea what Jurassic Park was, but he could only assume it had to do with things that were not supposed to be in a porno. Besides, he could extrapolate that the more goofy B-movies he had heard about weren't supposed to be pornos, so just picturing them made it funny.

"Well, some people just can't stay relevant forever," he commented. There was only so much people could do about their voices. Unless they were Deacon. He was an expert at all disguises, even those that required some voice-work.

Media likes this.