HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private You Want to See Lucy's Tits?

Discussion in 'Pandora Town' started by Media, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    At least he was trying, so was Media. What she was trying to do now she wasn't fully certain, a busy little worker bee without the queen to follow, or in her case king. A drone without orders spinning in circles trying to design her own world. She was trying to evolve, change into the queen of this scenario. "Well all we can do in this world is try right?" She smiled trying to be upbeat. "Life's not about the accomplishments, everyone is always stuck on the accomplishments but things never turn out the way you want it to. It's about the journey. You all know where you are going to end up when it's all over enjoy the ride while you are on it." Media supposed things worked differently for her.

"I remember the days when it was nothing but the radio, I remember the War of the Worlds, everyone was in mass panic, lots of panic. They really believed the world was coming to an end. That little green men had come down from the sky. They believed and now there are star men waiting for them." Media paused a moment turning her attention back to Deacon. "Didn't get many channels back then either. The first TV's were like that too and you had to sit in front of them to change the channel. Now like you've seen you have remotes that do it for you at a distance." Their pizza was finally brought out, classic pepperoni which Media was interested in trying out. The cheese was still gooey and soft and the crust was still warm and fluffy.

She put a few slices on her plate, a little smile coming to her face. "Oh, you have no idea the things I have seen or really in retrospect the things I have done. I'm the media humanity creates. I've be apart of nightmares, gone on grand safari's, hunted the undead, run from mummies." She picked up a fork and knife and started to cut into the pizza remembering most people ate it with their hands because it was a finger food. However it was fairly greasy and she didn't want to get her hands dirty. Media wondered then since he said he had only ever listened to the radio. It dawned on her, had he never seen a movie?

"So....Deacon, you haven't ever seen a movie have you." She looked over to the wall , it seemed big enough. Giving him a little smile she stood up and pulled her chair back before moving her plate to another table. Looking up at the wall she removed a painting and set it down on another table before turning back to Deacon. "Hey push that table back will ya? I'm going to clear out this wall. It's kind of like a big projector screen right?" Media normally wouldn't have done this, not to actually entertain someone for no reason at all, it would have been a pointless use of her time. However for Deacon it seemed worth it.

Deacon likes this.
  2. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"Couldn't agree more," Deacon replied, "if you only expect the big things out of people, you'll never get anywhere. Sometimes you just gotta be glad you're getting up in the morning." That was... more philosophical than he expected to be. What was going on? If he wasn't so pleased to be where he was, he probably would have been really concerned. But no, nothing could have been further from his mind than the little fact that he was acting like a normal person.

Deacon listened to Media's reminiscing with rapt attention. Even if she wasn't the most wonderful, beautiful woman he had ever seen, listening to a god discuss what it was like would have been pretty damn interesting. He had heard the story being the whole War of the Worlds thing, but it sounded different coming from the one technically responsible for it. It seemed so much sadder, like she had simply been trying to do something good, and yet no one appreciated what it really was.

The pizza came out before he could really comment, though. The two of them grabbed a few slices, and Deacon barely managed to keep from just stuffing the slices into his face. When all he was used to was the most flat, bland meals, actual good food could be hard to resist. However, the knowledge that he had to be something other than a slob in front of his date restrained him to only eating the pizza like a normal person.

"No, just heard of 'em," he admitted. He probably could have seen some in the month he was in Pandora, but other things always seemed to get in the way. Suddenly, Media stood up and started moving things around. He didn't hesitate to follow her instructions, still a little confused.

When she revealed her plan, he smiled and said, "like a drive-in without the cars. Yeah, I've seen those big screens. Always wondered what it'd actually be like to see a movie on one of 'em."

Media likes this.
  3. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    "I remember when those drive in's were all the rage. I thought of having some in Pandora but there aren't many cars to make a drive in worthwhile. A movie theater on the other hand." And what a temple to the god it would be. Honestly Media wanted to build something more than just a movie theater. She wanted a whole new Hollywood to watch create and enjoy. Once the area was clear Media looked back at him scrunching her nose a little as she tried to think of what sort of movie person he would be.

Romantic stories were always her choice or muscles but he didn't seem the sort into either and despite having that squishy side of her heart wanting to lay on the smoozy side of today she still wanted to make him happy. Walking over to the wall Media paused a moment making a bit of a pouty face and touching a finger lightly to her chin. Seeming to be contemplating something before finally touching the wall and lighting it to life like a projection screen. A mysterious light projecting from nowhere as the numbers 3, 2, and 1 flashed before it.

Prancing back to where they had moved their table Media pulled a chair over and sat down taking a bit of pizza a bit excited to see his reaction to his first movie. It was a little exciting because it was something she didn't get to see often anymore. The amazement of humanity when film had first been born had made her happy. Now it was taken for granted because it had been around so long that same childish wonder had been torn from it. At least for a moment she would see the same look again. "I figured you might be an adventure king of guy and this was always a favorite series of mine."

A familiar song started to play, Indiana Jones. A story about adventure, about fighting a war and evil, and about a little romantic flare. It was a perfect movie, it had everything for everyone. "Well I can't give you the drive in but this is the next best thing." It was her chance to flaunt her powers but even nicer her chance to do something nice for someone.

Deacon likes this.
  4. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"It's too bad, I've always wondered what those looked like when they were still working," Deacon said. As it was, he could only picture them as mole rat infested and highly radioactive. Even though Sole made it a lot better to be around. Ah, right, Sole. Because nothing could bring his mood down faster than being reminded of his worst failure.

This was why he never took off the sunglasses. They gave him the precious few seconds it took to reign in the brooding and look just as chipper. It helped that Media was turned away from him as he forced the dark thoughts away.

"Adventure, eh?" he asked, intrigued. He didn't have time to ask any follow-up questions as the pretty impressive music started up. He liked the trumpets blaring, making the viewers know that something epic was about to start.

"Hey, this is probably more impressive than any old drive-in," he said, "anyone can go to one of those, not many get to see a magically projected movie by the goddess of media herself. It's an honor, really." If only he could say that that was the oddest thing he could say about his life.

Media likes this.
  5. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    "Can't say there are many people who have seen the films powered by the god of media itself, and it's god, not goddess." Media corrected. Goddess assumed the overall gender of Media was feminine. Though she took a feminine form now Media had no set gender. After all, media in general didn't represent a single gender, in fact in modern times it represented more than just two as well. Picking up a piece of pizza Media took a bite and looked over Deacon hoping he would enjoy the movie.

"This pizza sure is good." For being the first slice she had ever eaten in her life it lived up to the expectations she had from film. People loved pizza, especially in movies, especially mutant turtle ninja.s Why that was the mass of their diet was unknown but it was apparently an old teenager trope. Media thought back on what she had mentioned when it came to her gender. "I hope...you aren't bothered by what I said before. I mean in all reality I can be whatever you want. I don't mind." She wasn't sure how anyone would react to her being able to swap form and genders constantly because those around her had been use to it.

The opening scene of Indiana Jones was as always an action packed scene. "He's always been a heartthrob, a little like you I suppose." Media said without any restraint. She still didn't have that shy side to her that so many humans had unless she was trying to play shy for some other reason. Mainly because someone responded well to a shy girl or boy. Resting her legs up on a chair across from her she crossed them looking a bit ladylike as she did.

"Your world seems so broken down though after this war that ruined it and dropping the bombs. There must be something or someplace nice about it. A lake, a river, a setting sun. Even in the darkest places you can always find something pretty." Media wasn't the sort to always look on the bright side of life but unless you were looking for viewership or mass hysteria people preferred to hear about the good and positive things of the world.

Deacon likes this.
  6. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"Ah, shit, sorry," Deacon said, hoping he didn't offend Media somehow. She didn't seem to upset, but you never knew. Though, she hadn't objected to being called a woman, or lady, so maybe it was just a weird god thing he wasn't going to really understand. Fine by him.

It was hard to keep worrying when the movie was so interesting. The fact that it was a movie alone was enough to be pretty astounding. The special effects were better than he would have expected from a movie, since most of the ones he heard about were the goofy B-movies.

"Hm? Oh, nah, not a big deal," he replied, "I've done a lot of disguising myself as other people over the years, sometimes women. Once for a whole month, that was one of my better ones. Anyway, as long as you feel comfortable, it's all good."

Media's compliment brought a hearty chuckle out of Deacon. "Well, if you're saying it then it must be true," he replied, "I can't think of anyone more qualified to make that judgement." It was only slightly distracted, as Deacon was enraptured by the movie.

The attempt at finding the light side did pull him out of it, as he tried to think of anything particularly good. Despite the slight melancholy anything involving Sole brought up, he couldn't help but mention one thing they did.

"Probably sounds weird, but there's this couple in one of the bigger settlements that's a human and a Miss Nanny-- a type of robot with a female personality-- a... friend of mine basically convinced them to hang onto love where they could find it, and they got married, right in the middle of town, and no one had a bad thing to say about them. It was actually a nice sign that people could find happiness, no matter who they are."

Media likes this.
  7. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    "Oh no worries, you couldn't have known. Humans are fairly limited in their genders. Mostly because you have to be born with one. It's not necessarily the same for a god, most still are but not me. I don't have one, not even a little. I just pick whatever suits the situation at the time."

Gender neutral was the closest you could come perhaps but then that would still assume some form of a gender. Technical Boy and Mr. World were technically the same way though they had picked a gender for themselves and considering the world was more or less run by men in a patriarchal society it made sense that Mr. World became male. Since technology companies were mostly owned and run by men it also made sense to have Technical Boy be a well, boy. Media however was all over the place. Everyone was represented, good or bad.

"Oh, I do it not for my own comfort, I pick my form for others comfort." Until you understood the reason behind media in general it was hard to understand Media. Media wasn't here to make herself happy, she was here to please others. If she wanted to be happy she wouldn't have a form at all, she wouldn't interact with anything or anyone. Just pay attention to the media and all the work it had to do. For the most part that was the case but when Media had to.

That seemed interesting, a female type robot and a human getting married. It made Media think about herself getting married to a human. Now that she thought about it could she get married to Deacon? Her heart said yes but her mind told her to stop being so silly. "That's sweet, very charming. It would be interesting from my standpoint to marry a human. I can't imagine what it would feel like for a human to marry me."

Deacon likes this.
  8. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"Ah, so it's just not that big a deal for you? I get it," Deacon said with a nod. Some of the synths that went through the Railroad were a lot like that. Once they realized they weren't what they thought they were, switching genders seemed like a more practical choice to become someone else. They were able to just change everything about themselves when escaping the Institute, so he was pretty used to such fluidity.

So, she was just completely neutral about the whole thing, which made it much easier. He could see why some people wouldn't be cool with it-- the more judgmental asshole types-- but he didn't see any reason to make a big deal out of it.

Media's question was innocent, but he couldn't help but need to clear his throat before replying. "Well, I don't have much experience with gods, so I can't say for certain," he said, "but, if you found the right one, who knows? Maybe it'd all just click and there just wouldn't be any question. I think that's what you need to really get married, being with someone you just know you need to be with on all fronts."

That was how he felt about Barbara. The more time they spent together, the more he knew that settling down with her was the right thing to do. Was that why part of his mind revolted at the mere thought of marrying Media? It sent butterflies in his stomach, but they were quickly shot down by some part of his mind telling him that it was a terrible idea.

9. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Media could have argued that was Mr. World, that god that made everything click because they worked together so well. Yet Media also was aware of marriage among gods. It always ended with problems, for beings who are virtually eternal and all powerful eventually you grow bored of them. Media was young for a god, she had only been around for one hundred plus years. Could she have imagined being with the same person for all that time? No, Media was constantly changing, constantly evolving so often that whoever she had been with from the start would find themselves with a completely different god in that one hundred years.

Even now Media couldn't say what she would become in another 100 years. "I think it's best if gods only hold temporary affections of the heart, we weren't really designed for eternal love because in general we are actually eternal." Human romance was well, designed by humans. God's loved, but they didn't love with their hearts and souls, they just loved, a shallow reflection of love. Perhaps that was what Media felt now. A skin deep version of love that didn't cut her to the core like it did a human. She felt possessive, like she could own Deacon and should another god touch what was hers she would off them if necessary but was a sense of ownership apart of human love too?

Eating another slice of pizza her attention fell back to the movie, a world of Nazi's fuel by the hate of the 40's for them, even when the movie had been made they were still viewed as the number one bad guys in the world. You could kill a million Nazi's and everyone would cheer, even the Germans. How could you ever find a more perfect villain? "What was your worlds history like? Did you have a world war with the Germans as well?" It dawned on her Deacon might not even know what these main bad guys were either than they were looking for some magical golden box in the sand and they were against the main character or hero.

Deacon likes this.
  10. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"Yeah, marriage is tricky enough when you can count on death to part you," Deacon commented, sounding a little too airy, "probably be next to impossible to find anyone you'd be able to stay with forever, literally." He wasn't even sure if he could have been comfortable with that idea with anyone, so it sounded better to him to just... not get married as a god. Much simpler.

"You mean World War II? Yeah, we had that," Deacon answered, "that's when the nuke was invented and it all went downhill from there." His education on the subject was a little sparser than most people outside of the Commonwealth, but inside he knew quite a bit more than most. Enough to recognize that the movie was taking place during that era.

Media likes this.
  11. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    "Sometimes it leads to death, being the media I've seen my fair share of spouse killing one another over a dispute." Now picture that with gods/ No, you didn't need to picture it, look at the Greek gods. There was no picturing necessary. "I don't think there is such a thing, that's the problem with it, it seems to me those who are married are bitterly married. Seldom by choice. Hera was forced to marry her own brother after he forced himself upon her." Again, the Greek gods, if ever there was a primitive flawed group of morons it was them. 'Masters' of the art and science. Media laughed internally at the thought. More so children bickering with each other.

So it would seem his history hadn't been too different from her own worlds history, only the nukes hadn't destroyed the world. "Yes, I remember when they were invented, I remember when they were dropped on Japan as well. Tragic but fortunately in our world people learned quickly to never repeat it. During the Cold War against communist Russia it has always been a fear but neither side dropped the bomb." Had humans gotten over war though? No, they invented worse weapons, slower working weapons like disease and starvation. War was brutal and lacked glamour. It kept peoples attention but not for long, often times people screamed out against it and Media agreed. Another of Indie's famous fight scenes came to play as his girl for this movie was grabbed by the Nazi's.

Deacon likes this.
  12. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"Why even get married if you don't actually care for a person is what I've never gotten," Deacon said, "what, did they just trip and fall onto a wedding ring and 'oops!' married. Though, it's harder just to get married if you don't live in one of the few cities, so maybe that helps." Sure, people could decide to stay with each other for convenience, but marriage that was actual love and companionship was rare.

"Well, that's a question I have for humans, anyway," he amended when Media mentioned Hera, "that's the only perspective I have, so, y'know." At least Media was nothing like those gods. That fluttering feeling in his gut made him positive that she was different.

"Huh, really?" he asked, "I guess that's where it differs in my world. Once the world started running out of oil, the Resource Wars started, mostly between America and China, and it escalated until, well, yeah. We actually allied with Russia at some point to fight China."

Media likes this.
  13. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    "I don't think people realize they aren't in love the way they should be before getting married but then again I don't know a lot about love. I've never been in love, never had time for it...." Media paused a moment thinking about that phrase. Well, she was in love now maybe. She couldn't really say since this was her first time having these feelings for someone. "Not until now anyways." She shrugged. "I think...I don't know, what does love even feel like?" That was a hard question to ask. Everyone felt love differently she assumed. Some were angry about it but was it real of just for movie drama?

"In my world humanity hasn't run out of oil, they just discovered new ways of getting to it. Many people are upset with the methods but it's effective. Humanity has advanced quickly and there are other forms of getting energy that they are coming up with. Like giant wing turbines that use wind to collect energy and of course harnessing nuclear energy." From killer bombs to now powering homes. It seemed a little funny that in his world Russia and America had worked together against China. Not when Russia had been enemies with her worlds America. Media had to admit being an American God she didn't like Russia but she had lived through the era and worst of all the propaganda. "Humanity will eventually find something else to have a war over, they always do."

Deacon likes this.
  14. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"I think I was in love once before now," Deacon blurted before he could think better of it. Being around Media just destroyed his carefully crafted brain-to-mouth filter. It took real talent to look like he just said whatever crossed his mind. Still, he didn't let himself regret saying it, instead plowing forward to explain in more detail.

"At least, that's what I tell myself. Her name was Barbara, and I felt like I could actually settle down with her on a farm and be happy. She just always felt like home, y'know? Just this safeness that no one else ever made me feel." Reflecting on it,, Media didn't really make him feel that way either, but it wasn't like those feelings were there from the beginning with Barbara anyway. That safeness took a long time to cultivate.

"Yeah, that sounds about right," he muttered. It wasn't like the people who had to live with the results of the War had learned not to start stupid conflicts that ruined everything. "Still, seems like there's always a couple of people who figured out that widespread destruction isn't a good idea, so maybe there is hope."

Media likes this.
  15. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    He had mentioned being in love before, to a woman named Barbra. Media couldn't say the same thing, she had never been in love. She had cared greatly for someone, given them utmost loyalty because they were different, one of a kind, Media even felt perfect. He was the world, literally. Godfather of the new gods, king of the modern age, the all seeing eye, the all knowing book of life. Media admired him perhaps to a point of almost love. She couldn't say that was truly what it was however, she was obedient. Love didn't work for gods like it did humans it would seem. "I wanted to know what love was like, I was afraid if I knew then I would realize I was already in love and he's so far away. I may never see him again."

She spoke of Mr. World, her one and only, the one she tried to impress and worked for without question or faltering loyalty. So far as much as she knew it wasn't love. She had an infatuation but it was one sided and it wasn't love. It could have been but maybe it wasn't meant to be. Love in general wasn't meant for the new gods it seemed. "I have little faith in humanity, I've spent my whole life seeing what they do to each other but as a whole humanity is important. Without them so much we have today wouldn't exist. Pain, suffering, love, beauty. The created it all." They even created her and all the gods. From humanity the gods were born and back to humanity they too would return when forgotten.

Deacon likes this.
  16. Deacon

Deacon Guest

The thought that Media ever had someone else to love sent a pang of jealousy through Deacon. It was utterly hypocritical, he knew that, but emotions weren't so simple. Still, he didn't let any of that show, focusing instead on the fact that whoever it was wasn't actually in Pandora. Again, he knew it wasn't a good way to look at it, but he didn't have much of a choice.

"Well, I think there was an old saying: 'don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened'," he said, "you've still got good memories to lean back on, yeah? Better than a lot of people I've met can say." Most of them could only say so much before they were shot dead or whatever else.

"Can't say any of that is wrong," he replied. Given the state of his world, it'd be foolish to deny it. "Well, giving up on humanity would leave me without much to do, so I gotta keep thinking at least some people are worth it."

Media likes this.
  17. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    "We didn't really have good memories." Media continued, it had mostly just been her fawning over him and him ruling everything. She hadn't been picked as the queen of the new gods which was fine since Media wasn't really female and played the important role of being the mouthpiece of the new gods. "Ours is a strictly business relationship." Even if they were more like a modern American family or a sad perversion of one. "I miss the little one too." Media viewed Technical Boy as a younger sibling or son. She had looked after him after all.

Media wondered for a moment if Deacon would have liked Technical Boy, she couldn't imagine herself being with someone who didn't like him. "I find it remarkable coming from the world you did that you still have to have faith in humanity. In the world you come from I would be dead and all traces of me would be nothing more than shadows and ghosts. Perhaps I could survive in that sort of world but it seems unlikely." Once upon a time she could live at a smaller level but Media was too wide spread now.

"You are a remarkably good hearted person Deacon. Pandora needs more good men like you." Media continued moving a little closer to him, her sapphire eyes set low as though she was looking to the ground too shy to look into his eyes. "I need a good man like you." Media felt a little funny saying that, did she really need anything? Especially something good? No, Media just wanted someone good, an influence perhaps. Maybe then she would find a reason to do good herself.

Deacon likes this.
  18. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"Ah, I think I get it," Deacon said, "missing the comfortable, even if it wasn't ideal." He couldn't imagine a life without the Railroad, no matter how much danger it put him in. Mostly because he deserved being in danger to protect those that actually mattered.

"Little one?" he repeated, curiously. It didn't sound like she was talking about her own child, and he doubted she really had one, so he couldn't really tell who she was talking about. Still, the more he learned about Media, the better.

He chuckled slightly, waving off Media's respect. "Nah, it's just a coincidence," he said, "I've run into enough people who try to make the best out of what they've got, it's sort of become instinctual, you know?"

The thought of a world without Media seemed terrible, and he wasn't completely sure if he was thinking about the one right in front of him, or all of media. Maybe there wasn't actually a discernible difference. "Hey, there's still stuff like radios and plays," he reassured, "I don't think we'd ever just give up on you."

When Media called him a good man, he actually let out a bark of surprised laughter before realizing she was serious. "Wait, wait," he said, even more surprised when she stated she could use a good man like him, "hey, I'm not that good. I'm positive that you'd find a dozen better guys than me just walking down the street. I can't bring myself to lie to you, but trust me, if you were anyone else I'd have convinced you I was the president of cheese or something ridiculous like that."

Media likes this.
  19. Media

Media Guest

[​IMG]
    February 1st, Year 7​
    Media shrugged a little, maybe it seemed a bit odd to an outsider. "I guess in a funny way, we are family. Not because we are related but rather through circumstance." But they were still her family. When he asked about the little one Media realized it made her sound like she had a baby. Thank god she didn't have a baby of her own because Media wouldn't have known what to do with it. Other than give it to someone else who was better suited to look after it. "Technical Boy, he's the youngest of the new gods. Arrived with invention and modern technology. I remember when he was just new to the world and didn't know a thing. I took him in and looked after him like he was my own my...family I suppose. That is what Mr. World and Technical Boy are to me, family."

Deacon played off her compliment so quickly. She always found it so sweet when humans did that, as god she took compliments with that air of 'of course, I'm a god' mentality. She smiled though when he said that humanity would never give up on her. "Where ever humans light that spark of imagination, where they occupy themselves with stories and adventure, where hero's win the battles against evil and you are up to date on current events that is where I'll always live and breath. It's nice to know even in a place like your world I'm still alive because I love being alive. It's swell." Who didn't like being alive really?

He seemed to be choking, or laughing, it was hard to tell and for a moment Media was ready to pat his back in case he was choking. Then he told her he wasn't a good man, not as good as she could find walking down the street but Media didn't care. Maybe that was what love was then, caring more about someone even though you knew they weren't perfect. That was actually a nice thought, a bit deep and moving to the god. Moving her hand forward she took his hand in hers and just smiled. "Well you never know maybe I like the president of cheese. Cheese goes with just about everything you know." She bit down on her lip and smiled a little. She was thankful for having wanted to find out what this love thing was all about and she was thankful Deacon had taught it to her. Maybe he didn't realize but that was alright, humans were slow learners.

Deacon likes this.
  20. Deacon

Deacon Guest

"Trust me, I get families of circumstance," Deacon reassured. At the time he was scared to care too much about anyone, even the other Railroad members. He had to be distant enough to not mourn them if they died for the cause. After they did, though, he couldn't help but think of them as a whole extended family.

He nodded as Media described her family, smiling at the description of Technical Boy. Made him miss Tinker Tom. All of his gadgets and weird way of looking at the world. Without being stuck listening to his crazy conspiracies, he almost thought of Tom as somewhat of a child.

"I'd doubt anything could kill you after you've come about," he said, "we're all pretty attached. Especially when things are depressing. Telling stories, they make the bleakness a little easier to deal with." Hell, that was his entire persona in a nutshell.

Even with the sunglasses, it was pretty obvious that he was startled when Media took his hand. The revelation that he was a terrible person was supposed to scare her away, not make her more endeared. Out of a good measure of desperation, he did what he did best, spin stories.

"Well, it's too bad you're not in the Commonwealth then," he said, almost too collected for how startled he was a second ago, "I was travelling with a friend of mine and we discovered this ancient, buried treasure. Turned out to be the oldest cheese in the world. It had been perfectly fermented, if only they had thought to bury some wine too."

Media likes this.