By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

A Million Dreams | Tired Old Soldiers' Organizer

Tired Old Soldiers

Grumpy old man
Occupation
Captioning Agent/Translator
Alignment
True Neutral

Plot with Tired Old Soldiers

All the need to know details

About MeI'm Tired Old Soldiers. You can call me TOS, Soldier, or Jack (my middle name amusingly enough). I'm 36, and I work at a call center providing captions for deaf and hard of hearing folks on live phone calls. When not working I tend to be writing - either RP stuff or solo fanfics, gaming (tabletop & video games), drawing (traditional lines and digital colors), or messing around with coding. I work afternoons to evenings on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday, but will also occasionally pick up hours on Thursdays or Fridays when it's available. My hours are 1-830pm and I tend to be on here while at work, and after work as well.

I am on discord most of the time, so even if I show busy or offline, feel free to leave a message. I am in the discord server already, so feel free to poke me there if you don't like DMs, but if you do feel free to message me and/or add me as a friend to chat! I do want to note - I cannot access discord at work as it's blocked, so I will only be checking it on my breaks. At home though, I'm on all the time.

I've got a wants/limits thing in the thread already, but I'll touch on things here as well! My post in that thread.

Roleplay PreferencesI like a little of everything in my roleplay - but I do want things to be heavily story driven. I love action and adventure type plots (if that wasn't obvious by my character choices). I like to talk about plots and characters a fair bit so we're on the same page with everything. I can do more loose plots as well, but I like to have at least a basic idea. When it comes to fights, I do like to decide ahead of time who's going to come out ahead, but I am open to just seeing where things go if we can't decide. I love to develop interpersonal relationships of all sorts, and am happy to discuss how our characters might connect (or not, as the case may be).

As far as the ooc side of things, I am trying to post at least 1x a week for each character's threads, though I hope to do more. I'm fine with any length of posts so long as it progresses the plot, but I do tend to do at least a couple paragraphs when I write. If you want to do post racing, I'm game for it but it's not something I can do at work due to the nature of my job, so if that's something you want we'll need to do it in the later evening or on my weekends. If you need to reach me for anything, my inbox and discord are always open.

LimitsUh, not too many limits. I need warnings if any slurs or the like are used, and for anything extremely violent toward my character I want to discuss ahead of time if it's something that is life-altering or will kill them. I'm not against plots that force my character to adapt in ways they weren't expecting or to have them turned or temporarily killed, just want to discuss it first so I can consider. Most other things I just ask the same - that you reach out and talk to me if you're not sure it's something I'd be okay with.

Check out my characters below!

Last edited:

Tired Old Soldiers

Grumpy old man
Occupation
Alignment
True Neutral

Jack Morrison

Overwatch

Jack here is a man of few words. He's always been quiet when the spotlight wasn't on him before or during Overwatch, and that's continued as he's taken on the name of 76. He doesn't really play well with others anymore, and his anger and distrust for others hasn't really made it easy for him to let anyone at all close. His time in Pandora thus far has been spent prowling between several of the cities and trailing gangs and other groups causing issues for folks, earning what cash he can as a mercenary.

Plots I'd likeI'd really like to force Jack out of his comfort zone, make him accept that he needs friends and allies, so any plots that can further that are A-Okay with me! I'd also like to get him some enemies to clash with because he does much better when he has a specific goal to chase. I'd like to have some plots where he or someone close to him gets hurt and there's some healing - both emotional and physical. Finally, romance. While I'm not promising anything, it would be nice for Jack to eventually find a guy he hits it off with. Rocky romances are fine, and honestly are to be expected with Jack. He's not good at the romance thing anymore. Not only is he rusty, he's closed himself off and gets way too focused on his targets/goals.

Estinien Wyrmblood

FFXIV

Estinien is a lone wolf. He's been that way for most of his life, though it got worse the older he got. He's a giant grump who's snarly and surly and just prickly all the way around. He does care, and care deeply, but it's hard to see that past the anger and curt responses. While he doesn't always get along with others, he can and will work alongside them if it's for the greater good or furthers one of his own goals. Thus far Estinien's taken to prowling the Crystal Vales, especially the area that borders the Dread Wastes to ensure no nasties get too close to towns.

Plot's I'd likeEstinien needs friends. Badly. But he's a prickly moron who won't make it easy for anyone to get close. I'd really like to find some people for him to kind of form a friendship with who he can go on 'adventures' with and keep an eye on the area he's chosen to roam currently. I'd really like for him to find an adopted younger sibling of sorts, rather like the relationship he has with Alphinaud ingame - there's teasing and gruffness, but underlying affection in the way he talks to and treats whoever this ends up being. I'd also like to find him an enemy or a rival (or both) he can clash with, who maybe is trying to stir up trouble around Estinien. Romance isn't really something he's considered, but I'll not completely discount it. Someone would have to really break down all his walls. Anyway, I'm open to pretty much any plot types so throw them at me!

John Wick

John Wick

John's been through a lot. He's angry and pretty bitter. He lost his wife to a terminal disease just a few years after retiring as an assassin/hitman, and then he had the little puppy she gave him to help him through his grief murdered by punks. Though he sorted that all out, his mood's still not settled. Even still, he still has charm and humor that gets him through a lot. He seems laid back and willing to crack a joke, but cross him or those he loves and you'll catch hell for it.

Plots I'd likeJohn is charismatic and charming when he wants to be. He's easy going and will probably try to make friends with the majority of people, or at least stay neutral. He'll be looking for connections in Pandora, for weapons, for jobs - he's a hitman and assassin, but he'll take a wide range of jobs to fill his bank up again. So bodyguard, bouncer, hitman, armed guard, whatever he needs, he'll do till his bank account and his reputation are back where they need to be.

I would like to get him some true friends and a bunch of fake ones as well - who are more or less using him for his skills and who may turn into enemies once they get what they want and try to off him. Enemies are a given with his line of work and his somewhat arrogant attitude toward his skill level. I'd like to explore him running into and clashing with someone who's non-human or has magic or powers (or a mix of those) who is better than he is and see how he works through that. Romance is not off the table, but it will take him a long time to heal from his loss. A strong, confident individual who's passionate about the things they love - hobbies, job, etc - is someone who'll likely catch his attention.

G'Raha Tia - The Crystal Exarch

Final Fantasy XIV

G'Raha may seem young, especially with his eagerness to make friends and 'go on adventures', but the truth of the matter is - he's over 100. And he's cut off from the thing that's helped to sustain him and keep his energy high - the crystal tower. He's a friendly and kind sort, just wanting to help where he can. He is even willing to let others think the worst of him if it means saving them, even if it kills him to do so (literally or figuratively). He is willing to whatever it takes to make sure the realm remains safe. At the point I have him from, he's done most of what he set out to do, but he's also very shaken up.

Plots I'd likeMostly I'd like to get this poor guy some friends. When he comes in he'll be injured and fairly rattled from what happened just prior. I'd like to get him some mage type friends especially, so they can maybe work together to solve the issues of his being tied to the crystal tower. Perhaps finding him something in Pandora that he can transfer dependence to, or a bit of crystal that has power in it or something. A student or someone who he can guide, maybe be a bit of a father figure to? I'd also like to find him some opponents and frenemies. People who he wants to keep an eye on but wouldn't necessarily consider an all out enemy. Enemies would be fine too! I just want all the plots. As far as romance goes, I'm not really sure - he's very reserved and I think he doesn't really feel like he deserves even friendship love, let alone that sort of love. If he did find someone, he'd be a doting lover, who's probably a tad (a lot) overprotective, due in part to the things he has seen and experienced back home.

Last edited:

Tired Old Soldiers

Grumpy old man
Occupation
Alignment
True Neutral
Got this updated with the last of my characters!

Dharke

But I was going into Tosche Station...
Species
Tiger Man
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link
Hi @Tired Old Soldiers!

Love John Wick, although I haven’t seen the third movie yet! Would like to put @William Hudson forward as a possible true friend, although probably best to see how they mesh in a thread first? Hudson tends to rub people up the wrong way, being mouthy and sweary. His remarks can border on sexist or racist, but he never means it in a malicious way. He just doesn’t think.

“A strong, confident individual who's passionate about the things they love - hobbies, job, etc - is someone who'll likely catch his attention.” – That sounds like Hudson! :p

I also think they might possibly gel well as friends because of the tech and weapons angle in their backgrounds. Hudson may potentially relate to John losing his wife too, because Pandora’s separated him from his girlfriend, although he hasn’t been 100% faithful. :/ He'll love John's dog if he meets it, but try to feed it inappropriate food (like a chocolate bar), thinking he's doing a good thing.

I'd been entertaining the idea of briefly making Hudson a bodyguard, then having him suck at it due to his casual and cavalier attitude. You mentioned John would take a job as a bodyguard, so maybe that’s a way we could have the two characters interact initially? You also said that filling up John's bank account was a goal, which is also one of Hudson’s (he wants to open a bar). Perhaps earning money together is another potential plot point?

And I just noticed you’re doing stuff with a certain rat fuck from his canon, lmao.

Reactions: Tired Old Soldiers

Tired Old Soldiers

Grumpy old man
Occupation
Alignment
True Neutral
@Dharke

The third one's good too, though I'm still most partial to the first one. xD Would love to have them thread! John can get a bit grumpy, but he tends to not mind too much - you're in the line of work he's used to you make friends and allies and contacts with all sorts. A true friend would be great if they mesh well. John's gonna need one. And as far as sexist or racist stuff, John will likely just go 'dude.' or something along those lines.

And hahaha. :p

The tech and weapons definitely sounds like a strong starting point, as does their loss of partner. I do want to note that there IS a plot in the works down the line for someone in Pandora to tamper with his memories of Helen and replace her with themselves. It's still a WIP plot, and we're still hashing out details, but if he's already formed a friendship with Hudson and talked about Helen that could be an interesting development to explore?

With Dog, that'll be great. John'll watch for chocolate, but he's kinda bad about feeding Dog whatever as well - cereal, donuts, crackers... he does have regular dog food now but is terrible about spoiling Dog with whatever he has on hand that dog really wants. He's... not real good at the whole pet parent thing as far as food goes since he's still relatively new to having any kind of pet at all. xD

And yeah, John's bodyguard position is actually with said rat fuck once Ripley starts trying to go after him. And haha, yeah if he's real casual and stuff he'd probably struggle unless he found the right client. Right now John's pulling guard duty for Weyland's special research area since it was a job and he needed money to get back on his feet. Could have them meet at a bar without knowing who John's employer is, and then that could come out later and open all kinds of potentials? xD

Filling up his bank account is one of his primary goals yeah - he wants to get back a lifestyle at least somewhat similar to what he had before, whether that means dealing with assassinations and the like or racing a car (the latter more for fun than anything), or heading the security force of a private sector somewhere, or doing merc jobs - so if Hudston had a proposal that appealed to him he'd totally go with it. Especially if they've already become friends.

Reactions: Dharke

Dharke

Species
Tiger Man
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link
The tech and weapons definitely sounds like a strong starting point, as does their loss of partner. I do want to note that there IS a plot in the works down the line for someone in Pandora to tamper with his memories of Helen and replace her with themselves. It's still a WIP plot, and we're still hashing out details, but if he's already formed a friendship with Hudson and talked about Helen that could be an interesting development to explore?
Haha! That plot sounds brilliant! A+++.

And yeah, John's bodyguard position is actually with said rat fuck once Ripley starts trying to go after him. And haha, yeah if he's real casual and stuff he'd probably struggle unless he found the right client. Right now John's pulling guard duty for Weyland's special research area since it was a job and he needed money to get back on his feet. Could have them meet at a bar without knowing who John's employer is, and then that could come out later and open all kinds of potentials? xD
I'm up for having them meet at the bar and Hudson being in the dark about Burke! We could poke Nyami at a later point to see what she thinks about Hudson finding out who John's employer is! Maybe she has a few ideas as well.

Filling up his bank account is one of his primary goals yeah - he wants to get back a lifestyle at least somewhat similar to what he had before, whether that means dealing with assassinations and the like or racing a car (the latter more for fun than anything), or heading the security force of a private sector somewhere, or doing merc jobs - so if Hudston had a proposal that appealed to him he'd totally go with it. Especially if they've already become friends.
Cool! I'll have to brainstorm ideas on what Hudson could suggest they sell. Maybe have him come up with some kind of silly, harebrained plan.

Tired Old Soldiers

Grumpy old man
Occupation
Alignment
True Neutral
Haha! That plot sounds brilliant! A+++.
Yeah, I think it'll be a ton of fun once we get it underway.

I'm up for having them meet at the bar and Hudson being in the dark about Burke! We could poke Nyami at a later point to see what she thinks about Hudson finding out who John's employer is! Maybe she has a few ideas as well.
That sounds good to me! And all right. xD Would be fun to plot, all three of us. I can't wait to see what comes of that revelation if/when it happens (probably more of a when haha).

Cool! I'll have to brainstorm ideas on what Hudson could suggest they sell. Maybe have him come up with some kind of silly, harebrained plan.
Sounds good. xD And it'll be great fun to see how John reacts to some of those harebrained ideas. Depending on his mood at the moment, he might just roll with it, just to see what happens. Or go 'No. Just no.' if it's a bad mood day, haha.

I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I read this on my phone, coulda sworn I'd responded, started posting IC and then hopped back here today after I got to work and Pandora was back up!

I'm game to start a thread at the bar with these two whenever you're up for it. Just let me know what dates you've got available. ^_^

Dharke

Species
Tiger Man
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link
That's great! Happy to begin whenever you want!

Hudson is free any time after 2nd Jan, excluding the 29th.

Tired Old Soldiers

Grumpy old man
Occupation
Alignment
True Neutral
@Dharke

I'm happy to start anytime! I'll get a starter up with John and tag you once I hop back over on him. He's due for posts again real soon (either tomorrow or Thursday) and I can refresh my memory on exactly which dates John has free. He's not got much going on yet, so it's a great time to get this started!

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

Whoever this "Stark" fellow is, sure has named literally everything in Pandora. That will not do at allllllllllll
//Setting Wednesday as my next posting day, see you all soon <3 //
Sorry for being so absent, my loves!! Life has been crazy, as usual :( I will hopefully be back soon, thank you for being so patient with me <333

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missy
Top Bottom