Current Season

December, January, February
Click here for the winter updates

Status Updates

I FINALLY BROKE MY SCROLL HAHA @James Ironwood I TOLD YOU I WOULD DO IT EVENTUALLY.... please fix it for me
Noticed that Cilan is currently in focus. Almost as ecstatic as he looks!!!

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miri Fern
By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Open a prisoner's dilemma

Chip

hope is the greatest good of all
Application Division
Race
Cool Ranch Dorito
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
Hello! My name is Emi and I love running plots. All kinds of plots! I especially love running immersive ones that character’s can grow from in some form (read: in this case, suffer). I spent years playing in a unique RP setting that ran mini events weekly and one of them became known as ~the Sea Witch’s Game~ and I really! Want to run one again and decided to pitch the idea to Pandora.

The response in plotting channel on Discord last night was pretty overwhelmingly positive, so I thought I would pitch it to a general public! Get official interest and see when we want to do, any questions, or ideas of how it would work!

This will be a mostly YOU orientated thing with a ~big bad NPC~ controlling things in the background. For sake of convenience we’ll say this NPC is a god from whatever realm they’re coming from ala Marvel Odin. So they have the power to drag characters/pairs into locations and locking them there. For shits and giggles because CURSE YOU MORTALS or something. Maybe if this does well he’ll appear for more Awful Shit but for now this is a run off.

So how does this plot work?

Characters are taken in as pairs. Usually it’s recommended to pair off with close relationships or someone you’re interested in. Otherwise I can and will randomize it! It’s definitely more fun if they’re already close. Once the day comes your characters will be whisked away to a special room that they CAN’T escape. If they try strange things will happen-- Maybe walls will close in or blood pours from it. Or touching it feels like a knife *whatever goes*. Basically they cannot escape until the event ends which is between 12-24 hrs in character.

From there the rules are simple:

1.)They will find a note within the room. It tells them they must decide one person to live between the pair and one person to die. The decision must be joint. If one goes along with it and the other disagrees then they will both be punished.
2.) They may make an offer to attempt to save themselves, but must still decide who will die in the case it isn’t accepted.
3.) Refusing to choose who will die will cause both to die if their offer is not accepted. Offers will be judged as a pair, but can be done individually. It all depends on what YOUR CHARACTERS will think will interest enough to save them!
4.) At the end offers will be judged. 50% of offers will be accepted and spared.
5.) The partner will have the opportunity to decide how they want to die if they decide to do it personally. But. If you’ve lost, even if you don’t, it will happen.
6.) They will know there are other people “playing”. If finding out where pairs there are sounds interesting let me know, there can be like ~a guest book~ or something that lists it.

OFFERS: Offers can be ANYTHING. It can be a memory, limbs, a skill or power your character has, even money. It will be judged against all the others so it’s important for your characters to think about what is worth a life. Any offers accepted WILL be taken. This does not need to be permanently. You can gain them back over time, so it’s optional to play with for however long you want.

“DEATHS”: Usually this game ends in death which is why I phrased it as such. The same way as offering the ~mystical NPC~ will resurrect you later. The death DOES NOT have to be permanent unless you want it to be. Similarly, if you’d prefer not to go that far, they can go into a death-like state for up to a week. I wanna be lenient on this since while death isn’t super permanent in Pandora it’s not an immediate ressurection like the other place (but also the fear of it can still be super there!!).

DATE: I’m thinking mid to late November is the best time for this! Clayr proposed multiple rounds WHICH COULD BE COOL if we get the people for it! But that will depend on how many people sign up.

OOC STUFF: This post is going to dual as questions AND sign-ups. How this game will work is that everyone will have until HALLOWEEN TO SIGN-UP. November 1st I will post up all threads. ICly they will take place on a pre-decided date. You guys can thread it at your own leisure. However, on Nov 15 decisions need to be sent in on who’s decided to be punished/die and what the offers are. I will try to have all decisions on who’s offer has been accepted and not by the 18th. You can then play out to your leisure!

Hopefully that makes sense! If not please use this for questions at any point in time. If you want to go ahead and sign up also use this post with the following:

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN-UP OR PARTICIPATE IN THIS PLOT IF YOU ARE NOT OKAY WITH POTENTIAL DEATH AND/OR DEATH LIKE ENDINGS. That is part of it and cannot be avoided. In the same way, do not sign up if the idea of losses are also unacceptable

SET PAIRS
Character Name:
Partner Name:

RANDOMIZE ME

Character Name:
RANDOMIZE ME, FOOL!

Twist

Your dish of T
Race
Random
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Organizer
link
Quick question. If we sign someone up for Random but the players choose a pair-mate later, can it be changed over? Before the thread starts, I mean, and apologies if that was addressed and I missed it.

Also I think the 'guest book' idea is really cool, or maybe screens in the rooms to watch the other pairs on, and that can't be shut off? It could increase the tension for characters as well as making them more desperate to either get out or try and find another way, no matter how futile it actually is.

Reactions: Chip

Chip

Application Division
Race
Cool Ranch Dorito
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
@Twist It had not been established, but yes this is fine! So long as you let me know prior to the release of threads you are more than welcome to change from randomization to established pair! And vice versa.

Screens are also an interesting idea! I know I want some kind of something so characters can see it's not just them and not a hoax. Viewing/seeing/knowing seems the easiest way for that.

Reactions: Twist

Twist

Your dish of T
Race
Random
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Organizer
link
Thank you for the answer, and that's awesome! :) It's good to know that there's some flexibility in the possibilities.

The thing that made me think screens was because then people may also see OTHER people they know in those other pairs- which would be a sort of painful and harrowing thing in itself. Yes, there's them trying to figure out their OWN situation, but then seeing that a friend or family member is somewhere else, having to suffer the same thing- that's just cruel. ;D

But I could understand not going with that, too. It's going to be badass no matter what.

Alicorn

Player
Race
Alicorn
Alignment
True Neutral
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Name: Noel Kreiss
RANDOMIZE ME, FOOL!

Rather he didn't die permanently, but anything else should be fine ^^

Twist

Your dish of T
Race
Random
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Organizer
link
Character Name: Riza Hawkeye
RANDOMIZE ME, FOOL!

Character Name: Futaba Sakura
RANDOMIZE ME, FOOL!

If killed they may take the temp death/reboot route but they are def open. (also if one at a time is better, Riza is the first choice).

Laura

Player
RANDOMIZE ME

Character Name: Abigail Hobbs
RANDOMIZE ME, FOOL!

Character Name: Lydia
RANDOMIZE ME, FOOL!

Chip

Application Division
Race
Cool Ranch Dorito
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
Firstly, bumping this! Sign-Ups are still open so if you're considering it please feel free to! And if you have any questions please hit me up with them.

To everyone so far, I want to clarify one thing: While "death" is the end result if you lose how you play that out is up to YOU. I will not be policing it and it defeats the purpose! If you want it to be a hard death and utilize it to kill your characters, please feel free. If you want it to be a soft-reset, instant or semi-instant res that is also up to you! You may also go the route of it seems like they died but are really comatose for a week if you don't want to take the full thing. Preferably, that isn't the majority, but while this is essentially a death game it is also about what works best for you!

The only thing I am here for is to run-it and pass out answers on it. I hope that makes sense and clarifies it a bit!

@Hokim I am going to say if a character cannot die then it would be unfair to play them in it in that state, yes. Now, if you wanted to play with it you could always go with like for some reason during this time that gets negated but that is up to you!

FINALLY: Is November 15, 17, or 20th perhaps best for an IC date for everyone?

Hokim

Former Child
Race
Shapeshifter
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link
Character Name: Jaime Lannister
RANDOMIZE ME, FOOL!

Character Name: Wade Wilson
RANDOMIZE ME, FOOL!

Both will be temporary deaths. Wade's invulnerability to death will be temporarily offset.

Last edited:

Lilah

Player
Character Name: Sabrina Spellman
RANDOMIZE ME, FOOL!

Sabrina's capable of dying, though I don't want it to be permanent. If necessary, she can discover her gift for self-resurrection.

Twist

Your dish of T
Race
Random
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Organizer
link
Any of the listed dates are good for me. :) Thank you.

Laura

Player
The 15, 17, or 20th are all good for me.

My two will either be comatose/temp death/if they're able - talk the other person into being the one to die (Abigail can be very good at manipulating)

Top Bottom