By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Adaptation

YoRHa Type A No.2

NieR: Automata
Race
Android
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
October 23rd, Year 108---Apartment Complex, Saenghu

@YoRHa No.2 Type B

It was a fairly slow day. A2 had finished her shift at the animal shelter and finally got around to buying one of Kanami's CDs to listen to. If she planned to go to this concert thing, then she might as well figure out if she liked this kind of music. By the time 2B came back home, A2 was laying on the couch with a cheap set of headphones on, messing with a CD player. She was pretty absorbed with figuring out how it worked and how to switch to the different songs, so she left the other android be for a while. It turned out that listening to music lefts a lot of room for thoughts though, and A2's mind wandered to different subjects that had been bothering her for some time.

"Hey...how'd you get around to doing stuff like "dating" anyway?" she asked 2B, with no lead-up at all. "Thought you liked to keep to yourself."

Reactions: YoRHa No.2 Type B
Y
Y

YoRHa No.2 Type B

Coming home to find A2 fiddling with a music set was definitely out of the ordinary. 2B noticed it but didn't question it. She just hung her coat, took off her skirt, and lay over the love seat, incidentally texting Makoto.

Then came that question. 2B lifted her head to eye her roommate, calculating how best to answer, what A2 wanted out of this. "Loaded question. You interested in dating?"

Reactions: YoRHa Type A No.2

YoRHa Type A No.2

Race
Android
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
"No, of course not," she answered after her breath caught in her throat. What kind of question was that? She didn't get the purpose of half the stuff humans even did here, and she'd been out by herself for three years with barely any contact with androids either. Calling her a sociable person would be a joke. wasn't dating all about hanging out with one other person?

"Who would I even ask anyway? I just wanted to know how you figured it out." A2 rolled onto her back, still listening to a song. Kanami had a nice voice.

Y
Y

YoRHa No.2 Type B

Boy was she the wrong person to ask. But she'd been also the wrong person to explain to A2 what 'gay' was and she still did it. Setting her phone on her chest, the combat type took a moment. "Wasn't really looking, but Makoto... We'd been working together for just a while, but she felt...solid, like she's been there longer, like she'd stay there longer. Then the idea just cropped up one day. Her lips looked pretty soft." That was more than she'd planned to share, so 2B let it stay there, "You ever look at someone and just see something you like?"

YoRHa Type A No.2

Race
Android
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
"...Not stuff like lips," she said after a long pause. She didn't really get why people cared about appearances at all. Even clothing was kinda meaningless. She wore a uniform and then it was torn apart and now she wore whatever was easy to move in. Blue was a nice color though. But the way people talked or laughed or carried themselves...that grabbed her attention.

She liked Number 4's smile, even if it stung to remember the last time she saw it. Anenome was a constant of sorts. A strange relic of the past that escaped being destroyed. Did Anenome think of A2 like that? A reminder of the people she lost to the machines? No, she never pushed A2 away from the camp. At first, she didn't want to be near Anenome and possibly have to talk about the Pearl Harbor Descent. But now...it didn't seem so bad. The inside of her chest felt warm, but there was no reason for her core to respond to any of this.

"I guess I know what you're talking about. How long did it take? I mean, to figure out what you wanted."

Y
Y

YoRHa No.2 Type B

"few months. I didn't really think about it, though." She considered most of the men and women in Makoto's friend group. There were a precious few who weren't already hitched...And some just looked like kids. "Doesn't have to be for romance. Maybe you can try it out with someone, see how it feels. A human."

YoRHa Type A No.2

Race
Android
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Was she overthinking this, then? Attacker and Battle types weren't exactly introspective, but maybe this was a topic that required just doing what felt right. Like when she fought. There was less of a plan and more a series of instincts and reactions.

"Try what? Just hanging out with someone?" A2 asked. She felt kinda weird trying to approach someone without a concrete reason. But that's what humans just did for fun, she assumed.

YoRHa Type A No.2

Race
Android
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
"...Yeah no offense, but I'd like to speak with people beyond Pod." She was pretty sure that Pod was obligated to engage with her or something like that. Explained why he stuck around despite her shit attitude. "I'm just..." A2 frowned. "I lived in the damn woods, running around and killing whatever tried to fight me because thats all I knew how to do. Humans are more complex than that. I barely understand shit."

Y
Y

YoRHa No.2 Type B

"Are they?"

All she ever felt on the surface, all she'd ever lived through, she didn't ask for. It wasn't called humanity back then, because humanity wasn't a thing. But she saw no difference. None at all.

"We're really not any different from humans, A2. They fight. We fight."

YoRHa Type A No.2

Race
Android
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
"You really think that?" A2 turned onto her back and stared at the ceiling, the CD player resting on her stomach. "But they don't..." She trailed off, beginning to frown. "I don't know anymore. I've been thinking that I was a shit prototype the whole time. Couldn't even die right. You think all that YoRHa mess we were a part of was being human? This isn't you just trying make me feel better?"

Y
Y

YoRHa No.2 Type B

She shook her head. "That flaw you feel. That's part of it. You're probably more human than me."

At the bunker, she couldn't afford to show emotion. She pushed it down deep into the complicated recesses of her programming, because it was a flaw, an aberration in code that wasn't supposed to be there.

But what do you know -- she clenched her hand to her chest and sobbed every time.

"You're not flawed. Just are."

YoRHa Type A No.2

Race
Android
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
A2 laughed at the strange answer. How could she be more human than 2B? Why did she still feel dumber then? Were humans just all about fucking up, then? Probably. They all died, after all. It made them seem more familiar. Even online, it was hard to understand they they were really humans.

"That's pretty deep stuff coming from you. I just am A2." She went quiet for a long moment. "You know what the 2 really stood for? Neutral personality type. The higher ups thought that my adjustment to sudden leadership was something to copy for others later. Funny how that shit panned out for us."

Y
Y

YoRHa No.2 Type B

Neutral was one way to describe it. Other times it's cold or detached -- things 2B tried to be, was conditioned to be. How she is now is up in the air; she isn't sure if she's fully gotten over that conditioning.

"There's lots of things we weren't supposed to know back then. Things we weren't even manufactured to know. You and I could have died still not knowing, and nothing would matter."

YoRHa Type A No.2

Race
Android
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
"Yeah, it really was pointless. All of it. I just wish everyone else realized that at the same time." Maybe they could have ended the endless war now that the tower was destroyed. Broken the cycle or something fancy like that. Build another stupid slide to replace the damaged one in the forest.

"You think everything would have gone ok if we were back at home now? I don't...really miss it, but I wonder."

Y
Y

YoRHa No.2 Type B

"Doubt it."

Not much hope was built on the 4 years she's been there (and when it did crop up, she killed it). It was just machines and betrayal. And with the bunker gone, life might get a lot worse, if not hopeless. And maybe there's more to it than she's aware, more secrets underlying the surface's belly. But history kept repeating itself regardless.

"We'd just go back to fighting. Help out the Resistance until we died." she's quiet for a moment. "Wouldn't be bad to see Pascal, though."

YoRHa Type A No.2

Race
Android
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
She didn't expect to feel so...pissed off about that answer. Maybe she was more tired of killing than she thought she was. Why did they have to keep going if it was all some stupid perpetual conflict? Wasn't that playing into the dead machine network's hands? There wasn't any reason to keep killing each other when there weren't any humans or aliens to listen to. Surely they could talk the Resistance into seeing that truth. Her grip on the CD player intensified, but she froze up as 2B mentioned Pascal. Shit, she hadn't even...She didn't want to mention it. Didn't want to think about that.

"...No, he's gone." A2 stared at the ceiling. "The machine network...infected some of the villagers. They started tearing everything apart. Most of them died, but Pascal took the kids to the factory to hide. I tried to keep them safe." She tried, until those giant fucking construction machines arrived. "The crazy ones followed us over with backup, and we just kept fighting. I don't really know how we made it, but we fended them off. Went back inside to check on the kids and...they all killed themselves." She never thought she'd see the day where machines committed suicide, but now it'd never leave her memory.

"They thought they were gonna die anyway, so they ran their cores through with blades while we were gone. Pascal couldn't salvage them, and he-" A2 paused. "He fucking broke. Just wanted to forget everything. Erase his memory or kill him, that's what he asked me to do." She felt uncomfortably warm, like she wasn't venting heat right, and her breath was hard to keep steady.

Y
Y

YoRHa No.2 Type B

There's....a lot she'd missed after she passed the torch to A2. Of course things went bad; they always did.

She can sense the emotional rut she'd inadvertently driven A2 into. Someone else had asked to kill her. Pascal couldn't stand living with the memories of watching his loved ones die, and 2B could relate on the feeling. She'd retained all those memories of 9S. and despite everything, she'd survived. Even after she "died" she survived.

She doesn't ask what decision A2 went with. "Erasing memories is just another form of death." A pause. "You okay?"

YoRHa Type A No.2

Race
Android
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Erasing memories was worse than death. That would be like replacing someone with a hollow shell that looked like them. She couldn't do it. She didn't want to delete Pascal from existence. In a sick way, she'd given him exactly what she'd been wanting for years.

"...No, but I'm not gonna lose it either." A2 tried to get control of her breathing again. It was over with, she couldn't undo it. She just wanted to tear something apart now, but there was nothing here that she wouldn't need later. "I just...wanted to think there was some hope left after all that shit we did."

Y
Y

YoRHa No.2 Type B

"...I'm not the best person for that."

She was almost ashamed to say it.

"And the ones who are, aren't here."

Naming them is unnecessary. About as unnecessary as their deaths, if you ask her. But A2 doesn't need to hear that. She'd brought down the mood enough.

"But the differences we make here -- those are gonna count. This is our home now. Agree?" she posed it as a question only because she was gauging A2's feelings on being here.

Current Season

Status Updates

Thanks for everything, Pandora! If you would ever like to talk just add me on mirai#0007
what do you do when you are pretty constantly caught up? you write more charries, obviously!
"...Whoever said 'Silence is Golden', obviously never needed friends or family around."
tfw the anole in your house keeps outsmarting you. #FloridaProblems

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Penny Polendina
Top Bottom