By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Almost Home

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Mechanic, Last Chance Fixers
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
October 1st, 110

Content Warning

Palmer doesn't know why this house has been drawing him. It's dark and creepy and unpleasant, not the sort of thing he enjoys, and yet here he is walking in like he owns the place.

Maybe he does own the place. The first thing he sees as he enters is the rec room from the station, looking just the way he last saw it, and there's no way that can be right. If it is . . . if it is, things are about to get interesting. The violent kind of interesting, probably.

"MacReady! Windows! Childs! You in here?" He looks around with more eyes than are really necessary. His fingers are rapidly becoming claws, his teeth fangs. A line is running down his forehead, and things are moving--twisting--under his skin. If he spots anyone he knows from back home this will not be ending well for them.

• Sweat
Reactions: Sindri

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Height
4ft9in - 145cm
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith
Dark and creepy and unpleasant are three very very very big flags of things to avoid when exploring. So why, of all awful underthought dumb ideas would anyone go into a place that is dark, creepy, and unpleasant!

The frightened Dwarven smith Sindri had been exploring the concepts of "future" society in the big and bright Centria. It was quite the fascinating thing seeing how Midgardians learned to forge with such fragile things as their "plastics" and create powered machinations despite an overall lack of magical accessibility. Sure it took them many, many centuries (according to stories from merchants and the books he'd translated during long nights in Pandoran libraries) but it was a fascinating thing nonetheless, because despite their general disconnect from the immaterial, they simply found a way. Wonderful determination, that.

At some point along the way, he had come across a decrepit building that felt so out of place compared to the crisp angles and shiny windows of the city. It looked dirty, and so very certainly uncared for with the soggy wood and peeling paint. And unwelcoming appearance, by all means Sindri should not have wanted to go in! So... why did he?

He cursed little angers at himself as he got drawn into that creaky door that had mysteriously and creepily swung open while he tried to pass by. He was supposed to be careful, yet here he was passing the threshold with his hands nervously wringing together at his neck-guard.

"H-hello?" he meekly called out into the dusty hallway, mysteriously lit by the moon though he was perfectly certain it had been day when he entered. Trying to act unaffected, he shrugged and announced to no one, "Guess no one's here! There was absolutely no point to me coming in here! ...fun."

Unfortunately, as he turned to leave, the door slammed shut, seemingly knowing it was far too filthy for him to even attempt the handle. Just as well, he could practically taste the magic sealing the space and urging him on a path forward into the dark. His research had prepared him for this, though! Haunted houses were a common game for the Midgardians during this season, and certainly this place was simply playing into such a thing. Surely they'd be less inclined to play with frights if they knew what horrors lived on their skin, but... another time.

He steeled himself with a steep lack of success, and made his way forward, pulling a rag from his satchel and dodging cobwebs.

The first door came, and he tried to be careful opening it through taking his time and cleaning the handle and peeking oh so carefully in. Unfortunately, this House had no patience, and a swell of something mystical suddenly shoved him into a cold and square room.

Immediately following a startled gasp and a clumsy clank of his plate, his instincts shrouded his presence with magic to cloak him from the senses of anything that might be here. He knows it's probably just a smidge late, but spotting another being in the room, he blesses his Dwarven magic and the very solid fact that only dragons can see through this trick.

Because whatever is standing there, clawed and distinctly losing its clear Midgardian disguise, does not exactly sound friendly. Sindri does not uncloak, and uses more magic to cast his voice from multiple points in the room, but he tries to find out how unfriendly this thing is by... being friendly.

"Erm, hello! I really didn't mean to end up here, just sort of... wandered in. You uh, you aren't going to try and kill me... are you? This is just a silly game, right?" Fear deeply colored his voice, a very stark tone of I don't want to be here please and thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Palmer

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
What is now Palmerthing whirls at the noise, many eyes staring wildly around it. But this isn't a voice it knows, and it isn't coming from anywhere it can get to, so after a long moment of tension it relaxes and lets most of its eyes sink back under the skin. "I wandered in too. Unfortunately this looks a lot like home, and I was not in a good spot back home. But it probably is just someone fucking around, yeah." He's back to thinking like Palmer for now, but that could change at any moment.

"So, uh, where are you? I don't like not seeing you, man, it makes me jumpy and I'm pretty damn jumpy already." Which is a weird thing to hear from a guy whose fingers are now starting to extend into tentacles, but Palmer is in his own personal Hell right now and Sindri is lucky he didn't just go for the place the gasping sound came from immediately. "I promise not to hurt you if you show yourself, alright? But I have some pretty bad memories of this place, people lurking in corners ain't helping, I'm about to snap. Don't make me do anything I'll regret later on, okay?"

Palmer is honestly not sure if he's even telling the truth about that. Right now a sudden movement could easily cause him to lunge. The poor guy sounds terrified, though, and that's just amping up Palmer's own nervousness. Calming him down will help Palmer stay himself, instead of becoming Palmerthing again and hunting the poor bastard down by scent or whatever.

• Sweat

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Height
4ft9in - 145cm
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith
Sindri, no stranger to avoiding deadly beasts, was not fool enough to just stand there. In his hidden state, he stepped carefully around the room, any noise but what he wanted heard from him masked. But hearing the man thing speak, he hoped that wasn't disingenuous stress he heard... the Huldra song could be sung by any creature smart enough. But what kind of dwarf would he be if he didn't try to befriend the thing? Actually... that wasn't a very dwarven thing to do at all, but he never was the favorite child!

"Okay, I am going to be beside this soft... and green...? Table with the cup holders?" He tried to describe the odd furniture, failing to understand what in the slightest could be useful about a felt-covered table so obviously meant to hold drink. It would be impossible to clean!

But that shouldn't be important, he corrected his train of thought and stepped back into the senses of the creature with his hands up. "Hehe hi," a nervous laugh passing through his faltering smile as fright was very clearly the core of his being right now. "I'm Sindri, and I mean you no harm!"

• Haha

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer smiles slightly at the description. "Oddly enough, pool tables aren't for drinks. They're for a game where you try to knock balls into the holes with a stick." Which makes it sound a bit silly, but then most games sound a bit silly when summarized.

The warning does help, though: he barely twitches when the little man in armor appears from thin air. What is it with meeting so many little men in Pandora? Not that it's the weirdest trait that's common around here or anything, but still.

"My name's Palmer, nice to meet you." It would have been nicer if it wasn't here. Still, there are uses for having a replica of home. Training himself not to snap the instant he sees it again, for example. Trying to decide what to do when he gets back. All the things that have to be done when the home one is returning to is a nightmare.

Last edited:

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Height
4ft9in - 145cm
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith
"That... sounds so horribly inane, and that's coming from me as a representative of my kind..." Sindri stared at the table with confused shift of his jaw.

The Dwarf felt the tension in the air lift as the two established some distinct lack of ill-intent. Though he still kept a steady distance, his posture definitely relaxed and the frightened note to his voice softened.

"Well, it's quite the pleasure, Palmer! Sorry for the spook there, this place wasn't very happy with me trying to be careful and just sort of shoved me through the door." He examined the things around without touching. "'Bad memories' huh? I take it then all this future Midgardian sort of stuff is from your home. Your realm I mean, I bet your real home wouldn't be so stressful for you as this place seems."

Now naturally, curious Sindri wanted so desperately to ask what this creature was! Was he in fact a Midgardian, and his realm's humans could all transform like that? Was that magic? Didn't feel like it, but one could never be sure! But alas, questions weren't the best thing to ask in unfamiliar places that were stressing everyone out!

"So, I have some little sort of theories as to what this place is, but I was curious if you might know? What's going on? In this weird... 'house?'"

• Love

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"I always found it a bit inane too, but if you're bored enough it's better than reading the same book for the fifteenth time." A rueful smile. "In a way it was home. Research station in the total ass-end of nowhere, we couldn't leave for months on end so there were sleeping quarters at any rate."

He considers sitting down on the couch, but decides rather strongly against it when he realizes that it's quite possibly enough to make him completely flash back to home. He promised not to hurt this guy and he meant it. "Something along the lines of an actually haunted house, possibly? If it dragged you in then I'm guessing it's lonely. Or possibly hungry, hard to say which." Not the most helpful of remarks, really, but then Palmer's not exactly in the best of moods either. If anything he's doing pretty well by not feeding on Sindri himself. Being in the place where he was about to die is really getting to him. "It certainly found a spot I never want to see again, for more reasons than one, so if it is haunted then the ghosts know what they're doing."

• Sweat

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Height
4ft9in - 145cm
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith
Sindri excitedly waved his finger towards Palmer with a happy grin, so thrilled by his offered conclusion and the way it just lined up so nicely! "That was exactly my thought too! A 'haunted house!' Apparently humans would use them to test fortitude against frightening things because, at some point, humans got dumber than any of my brother's friends. And that, let me tell you, is no easy feat!"

As he rambled he looked over the walls, his hand hovering as he tried to detect the magic within. The properties of this place were confusing, but he could sense a well of the power near the door way opposite of where he entered. Now he had tried to ignore that statement about the house being "hungry" because... ugh, because...

Sindri gagged as he brought his hand to his mouth. "I really hope this place isn't a creature! The- eugh! The sheer amount of diseases and fluids that would be... oh
Hróðvitnir bury me, I would just drop dead right here!"

He had to take a moment to collect himself. This was a magicked house, no more, no less! But, if it had drawn this other fellow in and spawned a nightmare of his...? Dread kind of hit Sindri's sunken eyes.

"No I am certain this place is going to kill me. That's... fun. Very fun."

His tone was not entertained at all.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"People can be stupid as fuck sometimes, I agree. What was so bad about your brother's friends?" He might as well ask. The answer should be a good distraction from the unpleasant fears and urges this place is giving him, for one thing.

Palmer is slightly amused by the man's disgust. It's not an emotion he gets easily, not when his own body can do so much worse than that in seconds or minutes. He also feels a bit bad for the guy, though, and he's rapidly becoming more and more sick of this room. "Don't worry, it won't kill you. I wouldn't mind leaving either, though. You think that door will open yet?" His shape returns to something a lot easier to mistake for a normal human, although the claws remain.

• Sweat

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Height
4ft9in - 145cm
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith
With a clearing of his throat Sindri recovered himself from his dread enough to unstick himself from his frozen state. He took a few deep breaths, apologizing between huffs.

"My brother, Brok, is- was? a Dwarf's Dwarf. I respect him (even though he doesn't deserve it!) but his friends were dumber than the rocks they mined, I swear. I won't bore you with too many details but once, I saw them sitting in a circle around a cup just... just spitting into it, trying to see who could make the biggest glob!" He dry-gagged hard enough to make his throat hurt. Trying so hard to not pass out despite the corners of his vision getting the slightest bit blurry he nodded at this camouflaging creature and gave his best impression of a happy man! He marched over to that door, raised his arm in a big wind-up, and declared:

"Let's see how much worse this can get!"

And he couldn't grab the handle. He deflated very quickly, and wrapped his glove with a rag from his pouch, and turned the handle, opening to a decrepit hall lined with several doors on each side.

Sindri let out a sad little laugh.

• Haha

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
So this guy is an actual fantasy dwarf, cool. "Yeah, alright, that's pretty much as stupid as it gets." He shakes his head. The sheer level of boredom it would take to make that interesting is beyond his comprehension, and he was stuck in Antarctica for God knows how long.

Palmer almost breaks out laughing when he realizes the poor guy is a germophobe. There's no other explanation for that particular set of behaviors. A germophobe and an unspeakably lethal plague, what fun. Then he spots the hallway and sighs.

"Alright, guess there's no easy way out." He steps into the hallway with a fang-y little smirk.

• I'm Fine

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Height
4ft9in - 145cm
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith
"There never is."

Sindri kept his hands close to himself as he stepped in and peered at each door from afar. It would seem the house would allow them to go through whichever door, but it certainly had to be one of these as the hall ended in a boarded window leaking moonlight.

Sindri found no difference in the doors from the surface, even having identical chips in the paint to an eerie mirroring. So caught up in this detail, he was greeted far too closely by an ill-placed cobweb across the face. "Ah! Gross, my nose!"

Swatting and pulling the gross dusty spiderweave from his skin and beard, his nose bristled and in a brief huff he sneezed! This was much to his disgust, and even more so when it happened about three more times as he tried to now free his gloves of the silk. Looking quite horrified with himself, he turned to his accidental partner and frowned.

"Sorry... about that... The ah, the path diverges pretty equally here, so any of these doors will probably take us to another room, or Aesir forbid the way out..."

He sniffed, his nose would possibly never recover from this. Hand properly ragged, he opened the nearest door and slumped his shoulders.

The opening led into a lightless space, full of wet noises and gross warm air, and the stink of dead things assaulting the senses. This was definitely going to be Sindri's room, he could feel it.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer isn't nearly as bothered by the cobwebs. It's just chained proteins really, interesting if anything. The smell is unpleasant when the door opens, but still not as bad as it would be for a real human--it's nasty because that helps him fit in. Maybe a bit so he knows it's no longer worth trying to infect, as well, but that's no worse than a rock would be to a human. Inedible but not sickening isn't unpleasant. So the dislike is mostly a disguise.

After a moment of thought he changes his eyes just a bit, making his night vision better. Then he sort of wishes he hadn't. "Someone's been watching Dawn of the Dead too often." He turns to Sindri. "Should we try another room, or just go through?"

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* react for a text thread and i will pop something up ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
No joke I'd app Bella or Edward in a heartbeat if anyone wanted to app the other one and we could write our own stories in Pandora
It would certainly make business easier if there were some kind of guide or list to Pandora's most renowned taverns. I have so little time for research, myself!
Whoever this "Stark" fellow is, sure has named literally everything in Pandora. That will not do at allllllllllll

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palcy
Top Bottom