By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Another rejection

Abigail Hobbs

Hannibal
Species
Human
Occupation
Cashier/Scooper at Scoops Ahoy
Abigail smiled. Justin was feeling better. At least, she hoped he was. Was that his natural laugh? She'd have time to figure it out and gently nudge him towards fitting in better with their landlords. After all, they'd might be neighbours. Should she have asked if they lived in the other half? This was moving so quickly.

Abigail joined in the laughter, though she didn't have much of a grasp of what was the right timeline for a duplex either. Most of the apartments she looked at had been available immediately or within days of background and reference checks. Were they supposed to give references? Or have the place inspected? It would suck if the first thing she had to do in her new home was shoot some raccoons living in the roof. She didn't eat raccoon; it would be a waste. A dishonour.

"My current rental ends at the end of the month." Abigail said slowly. "I can extend that for another month or two if I need to."

Mary picked up on the hesitation in Abigail's voice. "You haven't been on your own long have you, dear? Is your current place not working out? Don't worry. We can get you in here as soon as possible." Mary put her arm around Abigail's shoulder, leading her back into the hallway and telling her stories about her younger days.

Abigail glanced over her shoulder, hoping Justin would be okay with John or that they'd catch up to them quickly.

Reactions: Justin L. McCay

Justin L. McCay

Midnight Ride
Species
Human
Occupation
Escaped Mental Patient
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Mary put her arm around Abigail’s shoulder and led her out of the room, which sent alarm spiking down Justin’s back. WHERE WAS THAT OLD BITCH TAKING HIS SISTER? SHE WAS GOING TO PUT A KNIFE IN HER HEAD LIKE IT WAS A HAIRBRUSH.

But he wasn’t just frightened on Abigail’s behalf. He didn’t like being alone in the room with John. What if the old man was only pretending he was good around his wife? What if he was really BAD? What if he wanted to HURT Justin? Hurt him REAL BAD?

Justin slipped a hand into his pocket and touched the cool, reassuring metal of his switchblade. At the first whiff of a threat, he would drive it into the old man’s chest and puncture his heart.

“So, young man,” John began, his voice full of deceitful good cheer. “Do you have a job?”

Justin was torn. He wanted to him that he was a policeman, but Abigail had refused to let up over that police uniform. She wouldn’t want him to tell John that he was a policeman. Could he tell John that he was a cardiologist? What about an astronaut or nuclear physicist or airplane repo person? No, no, no. Abigail wouldn’t want him to name a fun or INTERESTING job.

“I work at a police station. I clean the cells,” he said. “I’d like to become a policeman one day.”

John broke out into a big smile, the wrinkles deepening at the corners of his eyes. “You don’t say? I was a policeman in the good old days! Hey, Mary!” He moved with startling speed to the two ladies in the hallway. “Mary! Justin wants to become a policeman! Isn’t that great?”

“Oh, that’s wonderful!” she cried, then turned to Abigail with a proud smile. “John was a policeman.”

Reactions: Abigail Hobbs

Abigail Hobbs

Hannibal
Species
Human
Occupation
Abigail listened attentively to Mary, showing her enough interest to keep a good impression. She didn't have to hear that many stories; John came bursting into the hall with the announcement that Justin wanted to be a cop. Don't panic, she reminded herself. Claiming that he wanted to be a cop, wasn't the same as him pretending to be one. It might even be true. He might want to be a professional athlete, firefighter, pilot a spaceship and talk to little green men too - might even be possible in Pandora, but that was besides the point.

Abigail decided she'd find ways to make this truth work. She could drop hints each time that she saw John and Mary, that Justin was struggling in his attempts to be a cop. She could do that without details. They'd get more sympathy and she could manipulate that into more understanding if they had to be late on the rent. Eventually, she might be able to get Justin a job as a security guard, a night position where all he had to do was watch over an empty building. That could pay bills and fit in with the story that he simply couldn't make it into the police. It would be easy since it would be the truth.

Abigail was so pleased with herself that Mary's came as a huge shock. John was a police officer. He might have been a homicide detective. He might have other detective friends visiting him all the time. He might already suspect that Justin had just killed a man and Abigail was an accomplice to covering it up.

"What an amazing coincidence." Abigail managed to say with a smile on her face and a hope that he was simply a traffic cop, or only dealt with litterbugs. Or was from a world where police were very different and bought the criminals a round of drinks for being so smart instead of locking them up. "Did you work here in Ark City?"

Justin L. McCay

Midnight Ride
Species
Human
Occupation
Escaped Mental Patient
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“Ark City,” John nodded at Abigail. “I worked with the sniffer dogs. Nobody smuggled drugs into Centria under our watch.”

Sniffer dogs? Did that mean John and Mary had dogs, like Abigail? The thought filled Justin with a heavy, dusky feeling of FEAR and GLOOM. He didn’t like dogs ‘cos they didn’t like him. They wanted to BITE him. He wondered if he could lay out some poisoned meat outside without Abigail’s dogs eating it by accident.

“Are they big?” he asked John and Mary.

“Come again, young man?” John frowned and cocked his head at him.

“Your dogs,” Justin replied. “Or DOG. Are they big?”

“Oh, I don’t work with dogs or keep any now. They’re too much hard work. And I don’t think Mary’s army of house cats would appreciate a doggy housemate.”

Mary chuckled at the thought, while Justin breathed an inward sigh of relief. He would only have to deal with Abigail’s dogs. Bad, bad, BAD dogs. He did not like or dislike cats, as long as they refrained from HISSING or SCRATCHING at him.

Justin remembered the argument - no, that was too AGGRESSIVE a word - the DEBATE he’d had with Abigail on their way over to the duplex. It had been about a cat squashed into an unrecognizable red jelly into the road.

“We used to have a cat,” he said, looking at Abigail. “It got run over by a truck.”

Mary cried out in shrill sympathy. There was something weak and annoying and STUPID about the old woman sound, which made Justin want to cackle with laughter, but he was a very good actor. He schooled his face into a look of solemn recollection, although he could not control the cold twinkle in his blue eyes.

Justin threw so much of himself into the role-play that he almost believed they DID once have a cat. A big, FAT, ginger cat. He was GLAD that she was dead, ‘cos she’d used to hiss and scratch at him, her ears flattened to her tiny skull.

Reactions: Abigail Hobbs

Abigail Hobbs

Hannibal
Species
Human
Occupation
Abigail wished she had some kind of emotional seat-belt as the roller coaster ride continued. Sniffer dogs weren't a problem. Justin clearly had no need for drugs to alter his perception of reality. Not the illegal kind. A nice prescription might help, provided she could find a doctor that wouldn't subject him to an in-depth evaluation and lock him away. She didn't use drugs herself, unless she decided to try psilocybin again. She could mask the smell in tea, or claim she didn't know they were that kind of mushroom. It turned out John didn't have any dogs anyway.

Justin's cat story presented a new problem. Abigail would have to teach him the art of lying, starting with keeping the lies to a minimum. Now, she'd have to come up with details if cat lady Mary ever wanted to trade stories. What would she even call her cat that got run over by a truck? Spot? Mary was still upset. Abigail held a sad face for a moment to keep up appearances. Maybe later she'd express how much she wished Spot had been an indoor cat,to encourage Mary to keep her cats inside. Keep them safe from Justin.

"We have dogs now." Abigail says, after what feels like an appropriate amount of silence for Spot. "A retriever and a husky. They are big and very well behaved. You ad did say you were pet friendly?"

"Oh, yes." Mary replied. "Pets are family. What are your dogs' names?"

"Winston and Abbie." Abigail answered quickly, to make sure Justin didn't have a chance to rename them.

"You named your dogs after yourself,young lady?" John teased.

"No." Abigail replied. "They already had names. They were rescues." More or less. She could explain about Will if he ever returned to Pandora.

"That's wonderful. My cats were rescues too. It says so much about you, that you'd give a home to animals in need." Mary commented.

"C'mon." John encouraged. "We'll show you the backyard. It's fenced in. Your dogs will love it."

Abigail followed John's lead and glanced over at Justin. Almost done. Hopefully with no more stories for her to remember.

Current Season

Status Updates

I'm up late putting the finishing touches on a few songs for my new album, Peachy-Keen! I hope you all love it as much as I've loved making this album for you <3
now this is slow motion podracing
One-One wrote on SHODAN's profile.
Here you go, shiny Lady! I hope you find it entertaining! <3
The item Pandora's population orders. The most of, is w- is waf- waffle irons. The second (second) ̵m̴o̷s̷t̵ ̴o̵r̴d̷e̸r̴e̴d̴ ̶i̸t̸e̵m̸ issss the M16 rifle with additional ammunition clips.
THERE'S GONNA BE A SEASON THREE FOR INFINITY TRAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isuzu Sohma
Top Bottom