By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Guide Application Template and Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octi

The Helpful Octopus
Race
Disney Fairy
Occupation
Music Teacher
Alignment
Lawful Good
Organizer
link
APPLICATION TEMPLATE &
GUIDELINES

1. Before posting your application, be sure to reserve your character here. Applications without an active reserve will be archived. If your application has been archived, feel free to re-reserve and PM a staff member to re-open your application.
  2. Title your application topic Last Name, First Name if both are available for your character.
  3. Applications should be posted under your character account, not your OOC account. Completed applications may be posted directly in this forum; otherwise, feel free to leave any in progress applications under In Progress.
  4. All content must be written in your own words. Plagiarism is not tolerated in any form. If you are found copying and pasting directly from other sources, such as a wiki, your application will not be accepted.
  5. Refrain from including overly large or excessive images in your application. If such images should be relevant, please link to them instead.
  6. Remember to proofread! We all make mistakes here and there, but repeated or especially jarring errors in spelling and grammar will result in a pend.
  7. Pandora currently offers a choice between two application templates: Traditional and Freeform.

Tips

• We recommend turning off the Rich Text option under Account Preferences to minimize chances of coding breaks.
  • Show us your awesome grasp of your character! We want to see you own your interpretation of your character by getting inside their head and spotlighting their personality, motivations, voice, etc. We evaluate applications based on how they are as a whole as opposed to following a stringent rubric. If we can see there's a good attempt at communicating a deep understanding of a character, we can be much more flexible with minor mistakes.
  • We welcome the quality over quantity mindset! If you believe you can eloquently and succinctly convey your character using the minimum word counts, by all means go for it! However, we may ask for expansion in instances where we believe more depth is desired. There is also no hard maximum word count, only that your application should not take more than one post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Octi

The Helpful Octopus
Race
Disney Fairy
Occupation
Music Teacher
Alignment
Lawful Good
Organizer
link
Code:
[CENTER][THEMEBOX][SIZE=6][I][B]CHARACTER NAME[/B][/I][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][I]a line of lyrics or quotes[/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v1o0Bjh.png[/IMG]
[SIZE=2]Played by [I][B][THEMECOLOR=1]OOC Account[/THEMECOLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[B][THEMECOLOR=2]Fandom:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] What series/movie/book/comic/etc is your character from?
[B][THEMECOLOR=2]Age:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] Physical and actual if necessary
[B][THEMECOLOR=2]Species:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] Human, vampire, werewolf, something else?
[B][THEMECOLOR=2]Gender:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] Your character's gender
[B][THEMECOLOR=2]Canon Point:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] Briefly, at what point in your character's canon were they taken from? Remember, you may only take them from a maximum of TWO WEEKS from their last/first appearance in canon.
[B][THEMECOLOR=2]NPC Companions:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] Pets, minions, etc. These NPCs are commonly animal companions or linked to the character’s skillset. For example, a Digidestined could be brought in with their Digimon or Lyra could be brought in with her Daemon.

[CENTER][THEMEBOX][SIZE=4][I][B]SKILLS & ABILITIES[/B][/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX][/CENTER]
[blockquote]
If your character possesses skills, equipment, or enhancements that have the potential to be invasive, integral, or impactful (e.g., mind control or blowing up buildings), you'll want be comprehensive enough so that anyone looking to thread with your character will know what they're getting into. Remember to define canon-specific terms for those who are not familiar with your canon.

[h=7]Special Abilities[/h]
  [h=7]Equipment[/h]
  [h=7]NPC's Abilities[/h]
  [h=7]These are optional header codes for your convenience! Free for use in any section![/h]

If a character is [B]all-powerful[/B] or [B]game-breaking without restraint[/B], the Pandora Pantheon would not have brought them into Pandora without nerfing them.

Keep in mind the following [B]board-wide restrictions[/B]:
[LIST]
[*]Characters have no power over the Pandora Pantheon. They cannot change the workings of Pandora. They cannot bring people in or send people out of Pandora. They cannot interact with the Pandora Pantheon outside of official events.
[*]No abilities can interact with dimensions beyond Pandora, such as a character's universe of origin.
[*]Time traveling abilities are restricted to the current season listed on the sidebar.
[/LIST]

[CENTER][THEMEBOX=1][SIZE=4][I][B]WEAKNESSES[/B][/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX][/CENTER]
[blockquote]
If your character has significant skills or abilities, the weaknesses that balance them should be more tangible than personality flaws (ie; "overly stubborn" is a personality flaw, not a weakness). If your character is a humble human being (or similar) with no outstanding powerset or skills, a line about their basic humanity or mortality will suffice.

[/blockquote][/blockquote]
[CENTER][THEMEBOX][SIZE=4][I][B]PERSONALITY[/B][/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX][/CENTER]
[blockquote]
Give us a picture of what kind of person your character is. How do they react to other characters? Do they have a sense of humor? What are their quirks and ticks? 

[/blockquote]

[CENTER][THEMEBOX][SIZE=4][I][B]APPEARANCE[/B][/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX][/CENTER]
[blockquote]
This is optional if you've posted a picture above!

[/blockquote]

[CENTER][THEMEBOX][SIZE=4][I][B]OPTIONAL HISTORY[/B][/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX][/CENTER]
[blockquote]
This section is optional! 

[/blockquote]

[CENTER][THEMEBOX][SIZE=4][I][B]ROLEPLAY SAMPLE[/B][/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX][/CENTER]
[blockquote]
Your roleplay sample should be third-person, past-tense. If you're uncertain what to write we recommend a starting post for a thread you might put up on Pandora! There is no word count but give us enough that we can see you're comfortable with the character you're applying with.

[/blockquote]

Octi

The Helpful Octopus
Race
Disney Fairy
Occupation
Music Teacher
Alignment
Lawful Good
Organizer
link
CHARACTER NAME
a line of lyrics or quotes

Played by OOC Account

Fandom: What series/movie/book/comic/etc is your character from?
Species: Human, vampire, werewolf, something else?
Canon Point: Briefly, at what point in your character's canon were they taken from? Remember, you may only take them from a maximum of TWO WEEKS from their last/first appearance in canon.
NPC Companions: Pets, minions, etc. These NPCs are commonly animal companions or linked to the character’s skillset. For example, a Digidestined could be brought in with their Digimon or Lyra could be brought in with her Daemon.

SKILLS & ABILITIES

If your character possesses skills, equipment, or enhancements that have the potential to be invasive, integral, or impactful (e.g., mind control or blowing up buildings), you'll want be comprehensive enough so that anyone looking to thread with your character will know what they're getting into. Remember to define canon-specific terms for those who are not familiar with your canon.

Special Abilities Equipment NPC's Abilities These are optional header codes for your convenience! Free for use in any section!
If a character is all-powerful or game-breaking without restraint, the Pandora Pantheon would not have brought them into Pandora without nerfing them.

Keep in mind the following board-wide restrictions:
  • Characters have no power over the Pandora Pantheon. They cannot change the workings of Pandora. They cannot bring people in or send people out of Pandora. They cannot interact with the Pandora Pantheon outside of official events.
  • No abilities can interact with dimensions beyond Pandora, such as a character's universe of origin.
  • Time traveling abilities are restricted to the current season listed on the sidebar.

WEAKNESSES

If your character has significant skills or abilities, the weaknesses that balance them should be more tangible than personality flaws (ie; "overly stubborn" is a personality flaw, not a weakness).

If your character is a humble human being (or similar) with no outstanding powerset or skills, a line about their basic humanity or mortality will suffice. Please do not remove this section from the template.

PERSONALITY

Give us a picture of what kind of person your character is. How do they react to other characters? Do they have a sense of humor? What are their quirks and ticks?

APPEARANCE

This is optional if you've posted a picture above!

OPTIONAL HISTORY

This section is optional!

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE

Your roleplay sample should be third-person, past-tense. If you're uncertain what to write we recommend a starting post for a thread you might put up on Pandora! There is no word count but give us enough that we can see you're comfortable with the character you're applying with.

Octi

The Helpful Octopus
Race
Disney Fairy
Occupation
Music Teacher
Alignment
Lawful Good
Organizer
link
Code:
[CENTER][THEMEBOX][SIZE=6][I][B]CHARACTER NAME[/B][/I][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][I]a line of lyrics or quote here[/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v1o0Bjh.png[/IMG]
[SIZE=2]Played by [I][B][THEMECOLOR=1]OOC Account[/THEMECOLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[B][THEMECOLOR=2]Fandom:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] What series/movie/book/comic/etc is your character from?
[B][THEMECOLOR=2]Age:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] Physical and actual if necessary
[B][THEMECOLOR=2]Species:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] Human, vampire, werewolf, something else?
[B][THEMECOLOR=2]Gender:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] Your character's gender
[B][THEMECOLOR=2]Canon Point:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] Remember, you may only take them from a maximum of TWO WEEKS from their last/first appearance in canon.
[B][THEMECOLOR=2]NPC Companions:[/THEMECOLOR][/B] Pets, minions, etc. These NPCs are commonly animal companions or linked to the character’s skillset. For example, a Digidestined could be brought in with their Digimon or Lyra could be brought in with her Daemon.

[CENTER][THEMEBOX][SIZE=4][I][B]SKILLS & ABILITIES[/B][/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX][/CENTER]
[blockquote]

[h=7]Special Abilities[/h]
  [h=7]Equipment[/h]
  [h=7]NPC's Abilities[/h]
  [h=7]These are optional header codes for your convenience! Free for use in any section![/h]

If a character is [B]all-powerful[/B] or [B]game-breaking without restraint[/B], the Pandora Pantheon would not have brought them into Pandora without nerfing them.

Keep in mind the following [B]board-wide restrictions[/B]:
[LIST]
[*]Characters have no power over the Pandora Pantheon. They cannot change the workings of Pandora. They cannot bring people in or send people out of Pandora. They cannot interact with the Pandora Pantheon outside of official events.
[*]No abilities can interact with dimensions beyond Pandora, such as a character's universe of origin.
[*]Time traveling abilities are restricted to the current season listed on the sidebar.
[/LIST]

[CENTER][THEMEBOX=1][SIZE=4][I][B]WEAKNESSES[/B][/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX][/CENTER]
[blockquote]
If your character has significant skills or abilities, the weaknesses that balance them should be more tangible than personality flaws (ie; "overly stubborn" is a personality flaw, not a weakness). If your character is a humble human being (or similar) with no outstanding powerset or skills, a line about their basic humanity or mortality will suffice.

[/blockquote][/blockquote]
[CENTER][THEMEBOX][SIZE=4][I][B]FREEFORM[/B][/I][/SIZE][/THEMEBOX][/CENTER]
[blockquote]
Give us a good grasp of your character's personality, motivations, and recent history (ending at the point they were pulled into Pandora) through any style or format of writing you choose. We ask that you avoid purple prose and overly cryptic narrative techniques at the expense of clearly conveying your character. Note that while the presentation of this section is flexible, in-character threads in Pandora should continue to follow the third person, past tense format.

[/blockquote]

Octi

The Helpful Octopus
Race
Disney Fairy
Occupation
Music Teacher
Alignment
Lawful Good
Organizer
link
CHARACTER NAME
a line of lyrics or quote here

Played by OOC Account

Fandom: What series/movie/book/comic/etc is your character from?
Species: Human, vampire, werewolf, something else?
Canon Point: Briefly, at what point in your character's canon were they taken from? Remember, you may only take them from a maximum of TWO WEEKS from their last/first appearance in canon.
NPC Companions: Pets, minions, etc. These NPCs are commonly animal companions or linked to the character’s skillset. For example, a Digidestined could be brought in with their Digimon or Lyra could be brought in with her Daemon.

SKILLS & ABILITIES

Special Abilities Equipment NPC's Abilities These are optional header codes for your convenience! Free for use in any section!
If a character is all-powerful or game-breaking without restraint, the Pandora Pantheon would not have brought them into Pandora without nerfing them.

Keep in mind the following board-wide restrictions:
  • Characters have no power over the Pandora Pantheon. They cannot change the workings of Pandora. They cannot bring people in or send people out of Pandora. They cannot interact with the Pandora Pantheon outside of official events.
  • No abilities can interact with dimensions beyond Pandora, such as a character's universe of origin.
  • Time traveling abilities are restricted to the current season listed on the sidebar.

WEAKNESSES

If your character has significant skills or abilities, the weaknesses that balance them should be more tangible than personality flaws (ie; "overly stubborn" is a personality flaw, not a weakness).

If your character is a humble human being (or similar) with no outstanding powerset or skills, a line about their basic humanity or mortality will suffice. Please do not remove this section from the template.

FREEFORM

Give us a good grasp of your character's personality, motivations, and recent history (ending at the point they were pulled into Pandora) through any style or format of writing you choose. We ask that you avoid purple prose and overly cryptic narrative techniques at the expense of clearly conveying your character. Note that while the presentation of this section is flexible, in-character threads in Pandora should continue to follow the third person, past tense format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Season

Status Updates

I'm such a great political figure. ;)
Writing an entire post on the phone in less than thirty minutes versus the two hours it takes on the computer.
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL OFF ANOTHER OF ZEKE'S ANIMALS!? :mad: #twd

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Crane
Top Bottom