Open are you there, pub? it's me, finan.

This roleplay thread is open for anyone to join.

Finan the Agile

The Last Kingdom
Species
Human
Occupation
Warrior, Ale Drinker
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
He'd been here long enough by now. He should have a decent idea of where he could go, but Finan realized he hadn't taken any time, in all his wanderings, to find the perfect pub.

He'd know it when he got to enjoy it, of course. The atmosphere, the clientele, the rowdiness, the quality of the food, the ale, the company. If it all aligned, he'd find the perfect place to give his business. Every night. Because here, Finan had no one. He rose, he trained, he looked for work, he slept. In the middle, he ate and drank when and where he could. But he wanted a place he could keep returning to. A place he could call a second home of sorts. Until he had one. And company until he had someone, with Zuko gone.

So he wandered the streets of Cascade Bay, peeking into windows and wondering into pubs. Spent whole afternoons looking. But he couldn't land on a place. That's what he was doing now, when he stopped and sighed, gazing down the streets of an intersection, forlorn.

"Christ. Does anyone know a good pub around here?"

Species
Human
Occupation
Author and Screenwriter
Bill felt like shit. He kept finding and then losing his friends. The cycle had him worn down, excitement, happiness, then despair and loss. Each time felt like a death and that it was his fault. It was like hearing about Stan's suicide and witnessing Eddie's murder over and over again. He was starting to suspect that all of Pandora was a trick of the clown or that he had died and this was his own private hell, a punishment for dragging his best friends into the battle with the clown in the first place.

Bill kicked a rock as he wandered along, watching it roll ahead of him. He had purposely gone to a different city, where no one knew him. He planned on getting drunk, far enough away from his few remaining friends that he wouldn't traumatize them. A voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked up.

"Uh, someone recommenced a pub called the Devil's Nest." He managed to answer without stuttering. He didn't really know if it was any good or not. The other guy might have just suggested it in the hopes of getting rid of his sad self. "I haven't found it yet."

Reactions: Finan the Agile

Finan the Agile

The Last Kingdom
Species
Human
Occupation
Warrior, Ale Drinker
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
Intellectually, Finan knew the answer hadn't come from nowhere. Spiritually, Finan could believe that Christ had sent him an answer, through this stranger. But maybe it was his Irish luck that someone happened to walk by, hear his question, and answer it.

Beaming at the other man, Finan clapped him on the shoulder. "Thank you, stranger. That name sounds right up my alley. Christ forgive me for stepping in it of course." He mock signed himself. He was likely for Hell anyway, but he hoped to make the Savior laugh. "I'm Finan," he introduced himself, shaking the man's hand. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Come, come. We will find it together."
He picked one street, and headed that way, waving for the stranger to follow. "One can always use a drinking companion, eh?" Finan didn't have many of those here, not for lack of trying. Maybe this time he'd be able to share more than one drink with this one. He certainly looked like he could use it.

Reactions: Bill Denbrough
Species
Human
Occupation
Author and Screenwriter
"I hope it takes more than that to need forgiveness." While not religious, Bill had a long list of things he feel guilty about. He managed a smile in return. Finn reminded him of Richie, not for the Christ stuff, but the ability to be instantly friendly with a stranger. And the looking for a drink part. "I'm Bill. Nice to meet you too." He replied as they shook hands.

"Alright." Bill agreed and followed Finn's lead. "You got that right, especially in Pandora." He hadn't been able to keep the smile on his face and a hint of brittleness crept into his voice. It was so true for Pandora because the damn place kept taking people from him. It had felt like with his friends gone, he'd never have the simple pleasure of a shared drink again. He even missed having Eddie watch him drink. Hopefully., he'd be able to swap stories with Finn, maybe even share a laugh or too - once a drink took the edge off his mood.

• Love

Finan the Agile

The Last Kingdom
Species
Human
Occupation
Warrior, Ale Drinker
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
Finan barked a laugh at the mans's comment. "You and me both. I'm likely long for Hell, but I hope I make someone up there laugh enough to want me around when it's over." He was a warrior after all, though it wasn't that that condemned him. Fighting in battle is a noble cause. It would likely be the women, the occasional blasphemy, the drink, the living and mingling with pagans, and all the other trouble Uhtred got him into.

But he thought he did enough good to overcome it. At least that's what Hild said when she wasn't making fun of them.

"Bill! The names here so so much simpler than where I'm from. Can't confuse a Bill." He couldn't count on two hands how many Aethel—s he'd met in England. So many names that sounded so alike he couldn't keep them straight. It made him miss Ireland more.

It was plain he wasn't the only one who felt alone in this place. It wasn't something that bogged Finan down. He'd been alone before, he'd be alone again. Still, going through life was easier when you weren't on your own, no matter what world you were in. "A beautiful thing about this place is how easy it is to make a new start." He'd started over many times as well. He was used to it. He shot Bill another grin. "First person I met here was a sorceress. I couldn't believe it! The things she could do..." He shook his head. "But she's gone now, I hear. Thankfully, the other beautiful thing about this place is that there are many people to find that new start with. Or at least have a drink with."

He sighed. He missed Zuko, too. His young friend. He hoped wherever he was, he was happy and safe. Loved. "You can be alone for a while, but you don't have to be alone forever."

Species
Human
Occupation
Author and Screenwriter
"Ah, that must be enough. Laughing's important. My friend Richie, he can..could..can make me laugh so hard, I'd nearly choke on my beer." Bill had stumbled over the words, fortunately not enough to launch into a stutter. Richie'd been gone the longest and it was still hard to accept. He had such a big presence, a part of him still expected him to pop out from a corner with a joke about his mom. He was still alive in their world though, probably still making people laugh.

"Really?" Bill asked. There were a lot of Bills back home, Bill, Will, William. He'd been given a lot of nicknames - Billy, Big Bill, Billy Boy, Stuttering Bill, he'd only ever like Bill. Unless it was Georgie calling him Billy. "Where are you from? I'm from Maine originally."

"It can be beautiful like that, until it isn't. People get ripped away from their new starts. And it's always the ones who deserve a second chance, that don't get one for long."
Stan and Eddie, both gone far too soon. Bill would have traded places with either of them, if he could. He'd do the same for Georgie too. "First person I met here was a friend from home. Stan. A really good guy. The best. He had died back home. This place brought him here from a moment in time before he died, and then he got sent back to.." He trailed off, not wanting to say, to die. He was sounding so bitter. Finan didn't deserve that.

Bill nodded. "Yeah, not forever." He might be twisted inside from all the loss, but he knew he couldn't last as a loner. No one made it alone. "Always need a drinking buddy." He tried to manage to smile again but it couldn't quite cover the sadness in his eyes.

Finan the Agile

The Last Kingdom
Species
Human
Occupation
Warrior, Ale Drinker
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
Finan had seen a lot of loss in his life, a lot of death. It was a part of... well, life. He'd learned since coming here that many he came across didn't have the difficulties the world he'd come from had. That there were treatments and comforts that kept people living when they would have been lost. Less fighting, illness, cruelty. Not for everyone, but for many.

It was plain that Bill had felt loss both here and where he'd come from. Just as Finan had.

"I'll do my best to keep you from choking, eh? Pubs are a terrible place to die." He smiled again, thumping the man on the back, all to signal it was a joke. Anyone who dies in a pub full of ale and women was an unlucky one indeed. "I am sorry to hear of your losses. Doesn't sound like it's been easy for ye." And anyone who had as hard a time as that could use a friend and a drink.

"Main?" He'd never heard of the place. Was like to be a place from the future of his world, or another one entirely. Wherever it was, it must be terrible to have so many people die there. "I've no heard of a main. I'm from Ireland, originally, before... ah, well. No point in lingering on before too much."

No one wanted to hear about his years as a slave, sold by his own brother, cursed for his impulses, his choices. His loves. Years of suffering before Uhtred came into his life, until Ragnar saved them both. "Was in Wessex when I arrived here. One of the kingdoms of England. That's where my friends are. Were."

Finan halted in his steps, squinted at Bill. "Do ye have an England where you come from? I'm still trying to figure out how these 'other worlds' work." That, and maybe he could distract the man from his pain by learning more about his world.

Species
Human
Occupation
Author and Screenwriter
"You got a point there. I wouldn't want my body to end up on a pub floor. But at least I'd go out with a smile." Bill replied, giving an amused grin to make sure Finn knew he was in on the joke. He gave a small nod and a quiet "Thanks." It hadn't been easy and too easy at the same time. There was that damn guilt over having a life when others more deserving of it were gone.

"Maine's in the U.S." Bill said, wondering if Finn was even from Earth, until he mentioned Ireland. "I've been to Ireland a few times. Cork, Dublin, Galway." He'd been rushed through them on tours, always onto the next event, signing autographs and shaking hands most of the time. "I didn't get to stay long. What I saw of it was beautiful and the beer was good. Sorry you had to leave." It sounded it like it was for a bad reason. He wouldn't ask, not when Finn didn't want to linger.

Were. Finn had lost friends too. Bill's mind was picking up on other details, piecing them together with the way Finn spoke. Wessex. Kingdoms of England. Kingdoms with an S! "Yeah, We had England. I saw more of it than I did of Ireland." He wasn't a history buff. Ben or Mike'd be better at this. He knew enough to be aware that was probably best not to call England the U.K. "I'm from the United States of America. That's west of England and Ireland, across the Atlantic ocean." Fuck, would that help? He might not even know the Earth was round. If his Earth was round. "Can I ask when you're from? What year?"

• Popcorn

Finan the Agile

The Last Kingdom
Species
Human
Occupation
Warrior, Ale Drinker
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
Finan laughed, deep and true, at Bill's response. "Aye, that's the spirit! Unlucky but happy." He got the feeling Bill was at least a bit distracted, thinking more about the possible fun of the future than the pain of the past. He knew well that it wasn't the kind of thing that lasted forever, just helped. And it made the future moments of brightness feel easier and more deserved too. In his experience, anyway.

What in Christ's name is a U S? He could ask, of course. Have this man explain everything about his world to him, but he wasn't sure he'd understand. Maybe when they found the pub. At least then he'd be so drunk that embarrassment wouldn't be an issue. Thankfully, he didn't have to worry about it, as Bill went on to explain for him. "Well, at least you know my Ireland. Best of 'em all. A more beautiful place there will never be." He waved away Bill's apology. He'd long stopped feeling sorry for himself. It had been his own fault anyway. "It was a long time ago. I've made my peace with it. England's my home now, for better or worse. Or... was."

West of Ireland, to Finan, meant Iceland. A place of eternal torment at the hands of slavers. A place where good men died. He would have imagined there was land further west, but... tales from the Danes who spoke around them in port led him to believe that journeying west across the sea, beyond Iceland, was impossible. "Across the Atlantic Ocean, you say... Doubt I'd have lived to see a journey like that myself." Shame. He'd like to. Finan was hard pressed to say no to an adventure. Especially if rewards waited at the end of it. He missed Uhtred, who would have been the one dragging him along.

"Oh, well..." Finan laughed at Bill's question. "I'm just a warrior. The monks, lords, and kings are the only ones preoccupied with years, eh?" There wasn't much use for remembering the year in the business of battle. But while he wasn't the wrong writing orders out, writings letters and missives, he wasn't ignorant to everything. "That said, I can read, can write. Seen mentions of years here and there in my time. I'd say perhaps in the higher 800s." That left him curious though. Left him wondering more about Bill's world. "What year is it, in your Maine?" How long gone had his world been?

Species
Human
Occupation
Author and Screenwriter
"I went on a lot of journeys back home." Bill realised just how simple it had been, even with the rushes. Just hop on a plane to another country, another continent. He enjoyed them all. The most beautiful sight he'd seen, as sappy as it was, had been Bev. He no longer thought of her as more than a friend. That wouldn't be right, given her relationship with Ben. No aching for her, other than in the way he missed all the losers. "You could take journeys here. Pandora is a strange place with a lot of amazing sights." He suggested. Portals were a hell of a lot faster than air planes.

"Fucking hell!" Bill exclaimed with wide eyes. He'd tried to watch his language, given Finn's earlier apology. The curse words were going to come flowing out now. If they'd been at the pub drinking, he would have spit out his beer for sure. He'd been suspecting an huge gap, and yet not prepared for the 800s. As many people as he'd met from different times, that was a shock. "No shit?" It took another moment for him to accept that Finn was not pulling his leg. "I'm from 2016."

As Bill's shock faded, he noted that Finn had said other things. "Just a warrior? Don't dismiss that. I was only in two battles in my life..and well..fuck.." He trailed off. Fights with Pennywise weren't really wars; they had only felt that way. "Being a warrior is something to proud of. Especially if you were fighting evil." He paused for a moment, letting the seriousness fade a bit and added. "People are more concerned with dates and years in my time. I'm just a writer of novels and movie scripts." He shouldn't forget who he was talking to. "Fuck Have you been here long enough to know what a movie is?"

• I'm Fine

Finan the Agile

The Last Kingdom
Species
Human
Occupation
Warrior, Ale Drinker
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
In his own world, Iceland was enough of a journey for him. He'd seen so many die in the voyages to and from his slaver's home. It would be a long time until he would take a sea voyage like that. Still. The idea sat in his mind. One day. The suggestion of traveling Pandora, however, brought another grin to his face. "That's the plan! I'm going to see this world, enjoy the time I spend here." It was the only way he could avoid the ache at missing his friends, finding new ones and seeing new sights.

Finan did the math in his head. This man was from at LEAST 1100 years later than he. A concept that nearly gave Finan a headache. Meeting someone from the past, he could see, but... meeting someone from the future... A world where nearly everything he knew would be gone. "That's... Christ, that's insane. A thousand years... I suppose it's not too different from parts of Pandora." The parts he'd so far been avoiding for his own sanity. "One day I'll make it to one of those... shining cities."

The laugh that emerged from Finan's mouth at Bill's support was raucus. "Oh, no, Billy boy. Not to dismiss. I'm very proud of it." He turned and took both of Bill's shoulders in his hands, giving him a light shake. "I get to have all the fun with none of the responsibility!" While Uhtred toiled away to support the kings and their little village, Finan got to do as he liked until he was called. "I'd rather be a warrior than a lord any day."

Rather a warrior than the king he was meant to be.

Humming at Bill's own occupation and question, Finan released him. "No, I'm afraid I know nothing of movies or novels. But I'd be happy to learn."

Species
Human
Occupation
Author and Screenwriter
"An excellent plan. It's what we should all try to do." Bill agreed, returning the grin. It was too easy to worry about what might happen. Pandora was more creative than even his novels. He needed to appreciate it too.

"Some parts of Pandora are similar, yeah." Bill agreed. "Other parts are crazy to me." Most of Pandora. he had made a home for himself in Ark City though. A secluded street to live on, that was close to the busy parts of the city. Everything he needed, except company. "Make sure one of these cities you visit is Ark City. That's where I live."

"Woah."
Bill wouldn't have minded the gentle shake. He and his friends had always relief on touch for extra connection. It was the nickname that sent a shock through him. Finan had stumbled onto one of the names that the clown had given him. Billy Boy. There was a second where he expected Finan to turn into the clown right in front of him. He didn't and the panic disappeared as quickly as it had come on. He even joined in the laughter with an embarrassed chuckle. "Good, good." He was content to be neither a warrior or a lord himself. Just plain Bill. "Is it okay if I ask you not to call me Bily Boy? It's what someone called me back home." Hopefully that was enough of an explanation for Finan to understand. Everyone had some form of pain in the past.

"I'm like a storyteller that writes his stories down. A novel's a really long book." Bill answered. They must have books in Finan's day. He clearly knew of the Bible at least. "And movies are a way of acting out the stories for others to watch."

Finan the Agile

The Last Kingdom
Species
Human
Occupation
Warrior, Ale Drinker
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
Finan nodded as BIll told him where he lived. Likely one of those cities that was too loud, too busy. The ones he had so far avoided. But perhaps he could be persuaded. "I still feel more comfortable in these... well. Smaller cities, I suppose. Those... cars are just too loud." He hoped as a writer, Bill would understand what he meant, knowing where he came from. There are some things a man of his time can't be ready for. Cars are most of them. "I do hope to see those cities one day though. Ark City sounds like an exciting place."

And it did. But it was quite a leap for Finan to make.

There was a switch when Finan shook Bill, one he didn't expect. A slight shift in the mood that only a fool wouldn't notice. The way Bill shook it off, asked him not to say Billy boy, left very little room for explanation. Finan could respect that. There was plenty about himself he had no desire to explain. So he nodded. "Sure, understood. Bill it is."

The concept of a novel wasn't too foreign to Finan. Writing it down was—only bibles and histories were written on parchment or stone—but not stories themselves. "Like the tales, the stories we pass on, but for those who can read." The assumption being that more people could read in Bill's time. But then... "They can... show tales now, eh? Like... a performance that you don't have to be there for?"

Times really change in the future. Imagine being able to watch a play later. Whenever one wanted to.

Species
Human
Occupation
Author and Screenwriter
"The town I grew up in was pretty small." Bill commented. "It was quiet most of the time. I got used to the noise of cities, but I still picked a house that's kind of separate from the rest of the city, hidden away on a little street. So I get excitement when I want it and quiet when I write."

He liked it that way, with the best of both worlds. It would make for a good spot for Finan to visit when he could. Places that were too quiet were easy targets for hidden dangers in his experience. Not just the monsters. The small towns he knew had a lot of small minds that could hold people back in a number of ways. Big city life offered more opportunities and their own problem of being harder to connect with others when everyone had a faced paced life.

Bill gave an appreciative nod, glad he wouldn't have to explain the clown's nickname and growing more comfortable as the conversation continued. He had to grin. "Yes, just like that. I specialize in horror stories. Scary tales, the kind we'd tell around a campfire back home." He missed those old days, camping with his family before Georgie disappeared and his parents changed.

Bill was glad Finan had already formed an idea of movies. Perhaps they wouldn't be so difficult to explain after all. "Yes, there are different devices movies can be shown on. Big ones at home or in a theater. And small ones, like this." He took his phone out of his pocket.

"Just a sec." Bill said as found a trailer on his phone, advertising one of his upcoming films. He held the phone out for Finan to see and played it - a typical movie trailer, mentioning that it was based on the novel by best-selling author Bill Denbrough, and providing just enough detail to both unsettle a potential audience and peak their curiosity if they hadn't read the book. "That's a commercial, to get people interested. Movies are a lot longer." Although the studio was still trying to get him to cut back and improve the ending. That was always the way.

Finan the Agile

The Last Kingdom
Species
Human
Occupation
Warrior, Ale Drinker
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
Finan certainly understood that. Sure, he loved Coccham or Wintanchaester, and being surrounded by the people he loved and people he tolerated and the noise of the city. But there was something to be said about solitude when it was wanted or needed. "Something I should look into," he mused. "I stay camped near the Cascade Bay. I've no work for a home or the like. But when I do, I would likely do the same."

Nodding at Bill's excitement about his chosen type of writing, Finan smiled himself. "Oh, aye, the kind we tell the kids to keep them on the straight and narrow, eh? We had a few of those that could still give men grown shivers." Especially in Ireland. Tales of ghosts and the fae and the banshees. Curses and monsters. Danes, even. There was always fear, and always stories that used that fear. "I should like to read them one day, when I've gotten used to how you write now. See if they scare me." Not many knew Finan could read back home. But the writing he knew would be far different, given what signs looked like here. Given how people said the words he knew.

Of course, Finan had seen phones before. They still gave him a bit of a shock when he saw them. He could barely conceptualize what they were, let alone what they could do. Like show him moving images of real people doing impossible things. Like now.

He watched the "commercial" with rapt attention, drawn not only by the "technology", but by the tale the commercial promised. He even caught himself jumping at particular moments. He laughed with joy when Bill took his phone back. "Well then consider me interested!" Finan sighed, wistful. "The things man has done since my days. Amazing. Movies. I'm amazed every day. I wish I could show these movies to Uhtred or Sihtric. Or Osferth." Baby Monk would shrivel up, he was sure. "Eadith would love it too, I'm sure of that."

Species
Human
Occupation
Author and Screenwriter
"Are you looking for work?" Bill asked. He was often full of advice and since his arrival in Pandora, he had learned to tread lightly. Not everyone wanted what would have been considered a normal job. He couldn't even see himself working in an office, in a standard nine to five. People in Pandora went further, making a living in all kinds of unexpected ways. Still, he might be able to make suggestions if Finan was open to them.

Bill chuckled. The idea of using horror stories to warn kids about moral living was apparently older than he knew. "Yeah, like that." He hoped his characters were more nuanced, but the idea of good and evil remained as well as being able to scare all ages. "You let me know when you're ready to read them, and I'll send you free copies."

"There's probably a ton of stuff you can do that would amaze me."
Bill commented. "On my world, we relied on technology for just about everything. A power outage could make people panic." He added with a chuckle, remembering how Audra would react during a blackout. One would have thought it was the end of the world. He never reacted that strongly; he didn't mind the occasional break from his phone. It was more evidence of their differences. He did know he was far from being able to live without modern conveniences though. "Uhtred, Sihtric, Osferth, and Eadith were you friends?" He asked.

Finan the Agile

The Last Kingdom
Species
Human
Occupation
Warrior, Ale Drinker
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
Was he looking for work? He supposed so. He would need work to live. He couldn't just go on like this forever. He couldn't even do it back in Wessex. "Well... Not actively. But I should. Gold and silver won't last forever." Scratching at his beard, Finan hummed to himself. "Not sure what I could do here. Like I said, all I did was fight and drink back home." It wasn't all he did. But it wasn't right to talk about what else he did in polite company.

The offer of books made Finan smile. He did miss reading. It would be nice to have time and resources to do it here. "Aye. Once I have a place to put them, I will be happy to have them." You couldn't travel with books. Once he had a home, he could have as much as he liked. He could even drink with Bill in his own home. That would be nice. "I'm sure I'll have thousands of questions."

A laugh escaped him. "Oh, aye. Not much you can do when the sun goes down unless you have a fire or more candles than God himself where I come from. But the best things are done in the dark." Again, he chose to leave it at that. He sighed, racking his brain for what he could do. "Well. I could strategize, plan a fight. I can fight. I can navigate a boat and drink a Dane under the table. I can mend armor and sharpen weapons. I'd have to think on it more, really." He wasn't sure how much of his skills were useful here.

Ah. His friends. Finan swallowed, rubbed at the back of his neck. "Aye. Uhtred was the lord I served under. I owed him my freedom and my life and came to love him as a brother. Sihtric was a Dane he took a liking too, from before we met. A great man and friend. Osferth is a mousy little monk we took under our wing who can handle a sword well. And Eadith..." He sighed. What even was Eadith to him? He'd never know what they could have been. "Well. I took a shine to her after she helped save wee Aethelstan. I didn't mention him, but he's a boy I would have loved to see grow up. Eadith had the bad luck of having the eye of a bad man. I'd like to think I could have been better for her, had I had the chance." He thought back to her staring him down, the day she asked to travel with them. He laughed weakly. "She paid for my ale. No easier way to win my eye." Or his heart.

He shook his head. "I miss them. Haven't been able to find anyone to fill my heart like they did who stuck around. How did you do it, all this time here?" He'd love to know how one moved past the pain he felt. The feeling something was missing that he tried to bury to get through the day.

Species
Human
Occupation
Author and Screenwriter
Bill nodded. Depending on which part of Pandora he was living in, gold and silver might last a while but he was right, not forever. "There are different types of movies, many more than the kind I make. There are movies called period pieces. About the different periods of time. Not many people here lived through your time. Hell, you're the first I've met." He paused, hoping Finan would see where this is going. "People making historical movies don't always have time to research. They like to hire consultants - guys that can tell'em what it was like to live in the past. I could ask around, see if any one them need a consultant right now." He paused again. "There's also guys needed for what they call action scenes. Guys that fight, uh, pretend to fight, in the background so that the fight scenes look bigger. That's called background work. Ad there's stunt work, where you pretend to fight so the main actor doesn't have to do it." He stopped there, not wanting to pressure him if he wasn't interested.

Bill smiled back. "If you do, I'll try to answer them." He occasionally left certain parts of his books ambiguous, letting the reader think about and decide things on their own. For the most part, he enjoyed fan theories, except for the real crazy ones, like Justin had.

Ah, yes. Bill knew that well. Darkness could snuff out evil like deadlights. Of course, he knew that wasn't what Finan had meant. "Here in Pandora, there are a lot of people that need weapons and need to learn fighting skills. Any place can be more dangerous than it looks. " He'd learned that it wasn't only Derry. Monsters were everywhere and came in different forms. "There are a lot of ways you could earn money."

Bill listened to the details. Friends were so important. Each of their stories mattered. "There was a little boy I wanted to see grow up. My brother, Georgie." He said after a moment. "He used to say we were the best-best friends." A little pause. "A monster killed him when he was only six years old." With everything he'd been through, that loss still hit him hard. "I was thirteen. My friends were thirteen too. Richie, Eddie, Ben, Bev, Mike and Stan. Richie was the kind of guy that could always make you laugh. Eddie was was a little guy too and his mom had taught him to be scared of a lot. He was always looking out for us though, in his way. Ben and Mike, they were so smart. Bev was the only girl in our group of friends, and she was the bravest of us. Stan was more sensitive than he let on. All of them helped me to fight the monster. We thought we killed IT then."

Bill walked quietly for a moment, then continued. "Twenty-seven years went by, we went on with our lives." He left out the part where their memories had been stolen. "We grew up. Bev, she was a beautiful woman." They had all turned out amazing, considering their childhoods. "Then the monster came back. We went back to our home town and fought IT again. We really killed IT that time, made sure the bastard was dead." That had felt so damn good, ripping out IT's heart and squeezing the life out of it with his friends.. "Eddie was killed during that last battle and we lost Stan before that." Two losers gone and he'd never completely forgive himself for it. "Some good came out of it though. Bev, had the attention of a bad man too, a real asshole. After we killed It, she realised how strong she was. She got away from the bad man and started a new life with Ben." He was happy for them, because he loved them both. He loved all of the losers, leaving no room in his heart for jealousy.

"Almost all of my friends were here when I first got here." Bill answered. "Both Eddie and Stan were alive again here. All of the rest were here too, except Mike. It was great until hey disappeared, one by one. Sometimes I'd get them back for a bit, and then they'd fucking vanish again. That's what I'm looking for a place to drink, to deal with it." Not the best way to cope. Eddie would tell him so. But it felt like all he had. Nothing else lasted.

Finan the Agile

The Last Kingdom
Species
Human
Occupation
Warrior, Ale Drinker
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
Finan nodded as Bill described all the kinds of jobs he could do in those movies. Sure, he could fight. He'd sparred plenty of times. He knew how to fake it, or even teach others how to fake it. He also could tell them about the world he came from. There was plenty he knew. Surely some of it could help. Or even the fact that he could use his fighting skills for work in a dangerous world. So he had options. He just had to work through them to find the best one, he supposed. "Aye, I'd appreciate that. Not sure what I'd like best, but I'm sure something will work."

Bill's story sounded hard. Scary. He knew loss like Finan did. Hard and cruel. And he'd fought like hell with his friends to stop it from happening again. He admired them. He'd never fought a real monster. Only men who paraded like them. He couldn't imagine what it was like to fight something like that. And he didn't know where to begin with his response. "Sounds mighty difficult," he mused. "But you all came out victorious. Hopefully peace finds you, and lasts for you, It's what all warriors want. Until then..." He hooked an arm around Bill's neck, pulled him close in a sort of hug. "Let's get you that drink, eh? Pub can't be too far. We can keep on discussin' with drinks in hand, eh?"

Species
Human
Occupation
Author and Screenwriter
Bill nodded. "Yeah, hopefully." He had some measure of peace in Pandora and that should be what he wanted most. He always seemed to get pulled into conflicts though, with actual monsters and dangerous people like Justin. The fight with Pennywise might have awoken some daring side to him that had been asleep for twenty-seven years along with the clown. He would have to learn to control it. A peaceful life would be a happier one. No more dead friends.

Bill patted Finan on the back when they sort of hugged. He appreciated it; the losers had always relied on physical contact to show support and friendship. "Really close, I think. They can't have a proper town without pubs around." Sure enough, they came across the pub after a few more moments of walking. From the outside, it looked a little dim and gloomy, but voices and laughter could be heard inside.

"We found it!" Bill declared.

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

My internet is being hopelessly slow for reasons I can't figure out, don't worry too much if I disappear off and on.
I will finish this post. I will finish this post, even if I have to burn down all of Paris!
*shrieks in weretiger*
-peeks in- hello world :3
Hi friends :encatnod: I want to apologise for my absentness of late; work is crazy right now and I'm just feeling like poop. :notlikeblob: :thisisfine:
Thank you to everyone I'm plotting for being so patient with me and everyone in general for just being so lovely, you guys are the best :enstars4: :blobheart:
A lot of people here really should work on their moonlight tans..

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cruella de Vil
Top Bottom