Private Athazagoraphobia

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Rui

Kimetsu no Yaiba: Demon Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
Alignment
True Neutral
@Lelouch vi Britannia | 8/22 | notes: halp

"Hah? My family? I don't remember anything about them. You'll forget soon too, you know. And you'll be better off that way. Just don't let him know you asked such a question. He'll kill you for it."

Which Lower Moon had said that to him a few years ago? Does it still stand? When he returns to being a demon, will he forget his parents again? Even worse--will he forget Euphemia's kindness and Xingchen-gege's hospitality?

Rui wanders the halls of the mansion he's come to reside in with Akechi's insistence. At first, he'd been a prisoner, threatened and not allowed to leave. But slowly, slowly, as he got to know the residents... he'd come to grow fond of them. Well. All of them except Akechi, of course. He still loathed him with a passion. Either way, what would he know of his plight? Soon enough, their abilities will swap back to normal. He's been told that this is a staple of Pandora's magic. Akechi has experienced needing to hide from the sun and craving human flesh... but he has not experienced the grief of forgetting a loved one's face... being okay with killing them... eating them...

Rui feels himself turning green at the memory, growing sick as he looks around frantically. He's not allowed to disturb Akechi in his study, so perhaps he should look to one of the upper levels to find parchment? Perhaps he can ask... someone to write down his story for him. He's not good at writing--but he wants to remember. He desperately refuses to forget. He starts to climb the stairs, growing breathless as his weak lungs work overtime to compensate for his efforts. Rui sniffles quietly to himself, imagining the lonely existence that awaits him after he returns to being a demon.

But you deserve this. This is your punishment. You'll suffer in your life, and then you will go to Hell.

Rui reaches the top of the steps before his legs give out. Between his sniffling and asthma, he can barely catch his breath. He doesn't recognize it himself, but it's panic that's setting has him completely floored where he is, gasping and hiccuping pathetically at the top of a winding staircase in the middle of a mansion.

KKb1tgz.png

ありふれたあの日々をただ思い返す
終わりが来ることを待つ世界で
辛い過去も嫌な記憶も
忘れられないメロディーも
さよならなんだ

Pronouns
he/him
Species
Human
Height
5'10"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
For Lelouch, there was something distinctly comforting about living with a group. The current arrangement in Pandopolis was almost reminiscent of a time when he could have almost pretended to be happy: when he lived at the Ashford Academy. Technically, Nunnally had been his only housemate, but in practice, the entire student council spent most of their free time around the school’s clubhouse, which doubled as ‘home’ in those halcyon days. The faces were different, but the feeling was the same. In a nominal sense, he was never really alone, and that was for the best.

Therefore, a new face around the manor was not an inconvenience. There was plenty of space after all, and Rui was hardly intrusive. Lelouch did not pry into Goro’s reasons for adding an additional housemate, partly because he hadn’t seen much of Goro since Rui had started staying with them. Perhaps he should have made more of an effort to pry, but the other part of his inaction was the result of recovering from the events at the Commune and co-managing the Knights. Whenever he ran across Rui in the house, he’d remember all over again that what information he had was severely lacking, then promptly shove it to the bottom of his ever-evolving to-do list. All he was told was that the boy was ‘sick’, the details left vague and unexplained. Not that Lelouch needed the specifics to care.

But when he stumbled upon Rui collapsed and breathing hard at the top of a staircase, Lelouch cursed himself for not being more proactive in learning exactly what was wrong. Euphemia, the house’s resident medic, was out, which meant Lelouch was on his own here. Kneeling at the boy’s side, he put a hand on his shoulder, and tried to channel his most Euphy-esque bedside manner. “Rui… you’re going to be alright,” he lied. The kid looked awful – had he overexerted himself? “Can you speak?” Lelouch could only hope that he was keeping the rising panic out of his voice. He’d been here before… Shirley. Rolo. If history had proven anything, he wouldn’t be able to Geass this episode out of him. “You’re going to be okay.” The best he could do was awkwardly shimmy the kid so that he could sit up and lean against the wall. Rui’s frailty, in that circumstance, was actually a boon: Lelouch could handle moving him without much effort.

“Deep breaths, Rui. Slow them down.” Where was Goro? Would he even have more insight? Lelouch resisted the urge to call – he had to help the child first. “I’ll be right back. I-” He’d acquired a rescue inhaler for himself, in case of emergency. This was an emergency. Was this even a problem that could be solved by an inhaler? “Keep breathing.”

The first aid kit was down the stairs. Lelouch moved fast enough that he briefly worried that he might end up needing the inhaler too. Rummaging through the cabinet, he left medical supplies strewn on the counter as he dashed back up the steps, winded at the top. The device rattled as Lelouch shook it. Uncapping it, he kneeled in front of the kid. “Okay, take a deep breath-” he preluded, holding the inhaler close to Rui’s mouth. That was close enough, right? He discharged the device, once then twice, his own heart threatening to hammer out of his ribcage. “You're going to be fine,” he lied again, half to himself.

Rui

Kimetsu no Yaiba: Demon Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
Alignment
True Neutral
@Lelouch vi Britannia | notes: what is this weird device

He wasn't sure if it was more embarrassing that the one who appeared at his side to aid him was none other than the "master" of the house. Akechi had told him time and time again. Don't cause trouble for him. Don't cause trouble for others. And don't cause trouble for Lelouch. He was here by his good graces... or something of that sort. From what he knew of the man, he seemed kind enough and polite enough. But who knew what he would think of him once he knew the truth? He couldn't tell what kind of man he was.

Was he cruel and mean like Akechi-san? Or was he kind and gentle like Euphemia-san?

It turned out he was neither. As Rui sat helplessly atop the stairs, unable to properly catch his breath, Lelouch seemed to almost... fumble with his decisions. Then again, Rui didn't blame him. He had sort of put him on the spot, and it wasn't like he was a medic. What was the modern-day treatment for his poor lung health? He'd never bothered to find out due to his demon countenance.

As Lelouch stood somewhat hastily, Rui reached out to him in a childlike instinct to grasp at his sleeve or his clothing or something. He was scared. He was scared of being left alone like this. And as much as he deserved it... he didn't want to die. His attempts to ask him to stay were left unanswered as Lelouch hurried away. Rui's small hands moved to his yukata, tugging it loose as if it would help him breathe.

"Keep breathing." Lelouch had said. But how?

Rushed footsteps sounded the return of Lelouch, and Rui grasped quickly onto his wrist for the immediate comfort of knowing someone was close. As the inhaler was pressed close to his mouth, Rui obediently parted his lips. He was too panicked to not follow instructions. As he attempted a deep breath, there was an explosion of metallic-tasting air down his throat, and he coughed in shock. On the next dose, Rui managed to inhale more of the medication. Shuddering, he managed a far more controlled exhale after, eyes watery from his exertion.

"Sorry... S-sorry. I was going up the stairs--and then--"

KKb1tgz.png

ありふれたあの日々をただ思い返す
終わりが来ることを待つ世界で
辛い過去も嫌な記憶も
忘れられないメロディーも
さよならなんだ

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

My internet is being hopelessly slow for reasons I can't figure out, don't worry too much if I disappear off and on.
I will finish this post. I will finish this post, even if I have to burn down all of Paris!
*shrieks in weretiger*
-peeks in- hello world :3
Hi friends :encatnod: I want to apologise for my absentness of late; work is crazy right now and I'm just feeling like poop. :notlikeblob: :thisisfine:
Thank you to everyone I'm plotting for being so patient with me and everyone in general for just being so lovely, you guys are the best :enstars4: :blobheart:
A lot of people here really should work on their moonlight tans..

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LLOYD-NINJA
Top Bottom