By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Big Bad Bags of Holding

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Height
4ft9in - 145cm
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith
Date TBD, Midday

A Huldra Shop commission thread

@Jack Spicer

Dodging through a small market-place of the Vales, a Dwarf did his very best not to touch anything he didn't have to.

People of all shapes and sizes grouped together around fascinating merchandise and alluring products. Some were simply men, but so many others were so much more! Sindri thought maybe he saw trolls and fey, but honestly most of these races rang no bell in his mind. It could've made him tear up with how much it reminded of those short spans of time when the Nine Realms were at peace. When they shared their cultures.

Unfortunately, this also meant everyone was sharing their illnesses. So, he didn't linger at any single booth for long. It was so difficult to keep any personal space with how bustling it was!

Sindri wasn't here just to admire the many new amazing cultures he had access to. He was collecting. Every so often he would trade for little things, but the real prize here was inspiration! So much artwork in the metals with techniques he hadn't considered, unique materials from realms unheard of with effects he thought he could on dream of! As a master craftsman himself, he was deeply compelled to learn what resources he had to work with in this chaotic new land, and catalogue the uses. Sindri was quite determined to continue his services in Pandora and confident that he could create all the same (or even better!) given the time.

"... thank you for sharing, that design is just breathtaking! Best of luck to your business!" he ended a conversation with a fellow crafter. Waving kindly with his plate clinking lightly, he stepped between other customers and reached into the bag at his hip. While typically pouches are pretty inconspicuous, his hand went into the thing far beyond what it should have, and any onlooker could see him moving things that should not have fit in the bag in the slightest. After a moment of rummaging he pulled out a small book and started putting notes down in his Dwarven runic, lest he forget what he learned. He was so engrossed in his notes that he could hardly be bothered to notice anyone approaching him.

J
J

Jack Spicer

"So, how did you make the bag able to hold more than it should? Is it some sort of Shen Gong Wu?" asked Jack. "Or does it possess some sort of Pocket Dimensional Storage inside of it?" Jack hadn't yet managed to crack the technology needed to store items that large, or really hadn't cracked Pocket Dimensional Science of any sort yet. It was yet another thing he had to crack, and so he mentally added it to his to do list in order to prepare himself for the future. "Does it have a Storage Limit? Maybe it doesn't? How does it work?" Jack was babbling on about a million miles a minute trying to guess how the bag worked so he could figure it out and replicate it through science. After all, Evil Boy Genius who wants the device that the person was messing around with for himself. Said genius also lacked a home and so realized the bag could be extremely useful to him both now and in the future.

"Are there any weaknesses to the Bag?" asked Jack, trying to figure out what it could do, and how it worked. Really, the flood gates of questions in his mind had been unleashed.

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Height
4ft9in - 145cm
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith

The dwarf nearly jumped out of his skin. This kid came out of nowhere and started throwing question after question at him, he could hardly keep up! He tried to stammer out responses but his attempts to speak softly and answer politely got overtaken by the tide of this kid's obvious eagerness to learn.

Sindri stood for a moment, staring and quite frozen with his graphite stick and notebook still in writing position. It took a few moments but he did eventually notice that the questions indeed stopped.

"Oh, you're done," he remarked at the young man. "Okay, that... that was a lot to take in. Quite the astute guess that I made this bag, it was one of the first things I did while studying Vanir witchcraft." The golden clad dwarf beamed proudly as he pocketed his notes. He took a rather wide step aside as he spoke, putting distance between himself and this sputtering pale child. Not to leave or anything, Sindri just couldn't help but notice that with every question his ecstatic assailant inched a little closer into his personal space.

"For how it works, well, you just have to find a tear between realms and collect the dust that forms in the resulting lightless void! Find enough to turn into maybe about 20 yards of yarn and you just weave it with any sort of material to create a Realm Bag!" He patted the canvas sack with pride. Why it only took him a measly two years to gather the dust, this kid might- Oh no he's definitely not of Dwarven descent he'll die.

"Um, you'll have to use Vanir magic to awaken some diamonds and cook their dust into the hide of a snake that's been digesting a swan egg, assuming you're not a dwarf or a God because we can just grab the stuff. That dust will corrupt your flesh so deeply and horribly, you'll wish for death yet find out that it still burns at your very spirit in the everlasting afterlife! So, y'know, protection." Sindri shot the boy two thumbs up with all the confidence of someone with the intelligence to back it up. He didn't want to mention the possibility of also absolutely unraveling the very fabric of the realms if you're not careful. No, that seemed a little too depressing.

"And 'weakness', well, it's a bag. It can get torn from the outside, if you hold it upside-down things will spill out. It's... it's really just a bag." Sindri shrugged. "But what's a 'Shin Gone Woo'? Is that what you make?"

For all this chit chat, question-answer back and forth conversation with so little idle air, it was quite clear that Sindri was under the impression this child was a crafter as well. More than likely a novice, doubtlessly he approached the Dwarf due to the excellent work he had done on his beautiful armour and all the other intricate things on his person. A confidence booster, to come here as a shopper and be approached as a merchant!

J
J

Jack Spicer

"I see." said Jack, as he looked at him for a moment. "I prefer to build high tech gadgets myself although lack the supplies to do so. What do you want in return for such a bag? It would be very useful for me." Especially if he could build a technological version of the device after he studied it. After all, Jack was all about the gadgets that weren't Shen Gong Wu. It would also be very useful for another reason that to this moment in Pandora had proved to be a highest annoyance to Jack.

He didn't have a home.

This particular annoyance was one Jack didn't want to put up with for much longer. He was not going to be a charity case at some orphanage though unlike what most people would assume. No, Jack was going to work and build himself his mansion. And once he had his mansion rebuilt he could then focus on world conquest in order to allow him to do his actual schemes. His schemes right now were to prepare himself to become the full Evil Boy Genius he had been in the past. To do that, he needed a place to store all future inventions. Thus, the bag of holding he was pursuing.

Doing the tasks required could result in severe bodily harm. He didn't exactly have the medical supplies he would need in order to repair his body.... so he couldn't do that.

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Height
4ft9in - 145cm
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith

Sindri crossed one arm below his chest and rested the other on it as he ran a hand through his beard.

"'High-tech'," he parroted back. "Oh, like how apparently some kinds of Midgardians can move lightning through metal to make it think in certain ways. How impressive!" That kind of Midgardian craft didn't often make the rounds in this region, on account of the storms that apparently terribly affected it! Unfortunately, for as much as Sindri adored learning, his attempts at understanding non-magical ways of harnessing lightning and the like were fruitless. Vanir and Dwarven magic did revolve around turning things into what they wanted to be, after all. Nothing good ever came of forcing it.

The Dwarf heard the young man's... request of sorts to make a bag for him and rested his mouth into the leather of his glove as he thought about it. A novice craftsman, clearly in need of assistance... it probably wouldn't hurt anything to give him a hand.

"Alright," Sindri said, fully crossing his arms together. His tone had shifted slightly from his friendly lilt to a slightly more serious note. "If I'm going to make you a bag like this, I would like to ask for two things. Firstly, my work isn't free. I'm sure you know what I mean by that. I'm no crook but even I have to purchase food and supplies from time to time. After dealing with the Aesir brand of bartering a few too many times, I don't accept 'exposure' as payment."

He shook his head at the thought of those air-headed gods that acted like giving him more fame would serve. In fact, they hardly ever credited him for the crafts!

"I did have a small pouch of the Realm Dust with me, but... note the 'did.'" He laughed shamefully. "I sort of lost it while I was up in a mountain somewhat near here. Fell and the bag's weakness I mentioned, the one about stuff spilling out- yeah, it happened."

Sindri animated with his hands, illustrating an exaggeration of what happened as he spoke, "Stepped on a loose rock. The pouch slid away and landed somewhere in a crevasse below. It was tough to tell and honestly all I could see-" he gagged a little, "- bats. Just crawling around, defecating everywhere. So gross." He covered his mouth again, pale from the nausea. The distraction from trying to clean out his thoughts from imagining cute little bats just pooping without a care, it interrupted him strongly.

J
J

Jack Spicer

"So, I retrieve you a sample of this "dust" and you make me one of those bags?" asked Jack, as he looked at the craftsman. "I'll also pay you, of course. " He said, as he looked at him. "I'll build you a high tech gadget of your choice. Maybe a laser rifle, so you can use it on those who don't pay you?" Jack asked. It would be good experience for him anyway to build a laser rifle. Given he planned to mass market laser weaponry in order to allow him to build up his own money, well. "And my kind of high tech is different from that. I'm referring to powered armor, laser cannons, robots, explosives, and the like. "

Jack looked at him. "So where do we get started in getting me one of those bags? I'm going to need it." He would need it in fact, as it would allow him to store things until he had a proper place to call home. Jack knew he'd need to rebuild his Helipack at some point so he'd have it functional. After all without the Helipack or the Jetbootsu his ability to dodge incoming attacks was rather limited. It also prevented him from making escapes as well without either, short of running away. Of course with some of the heroes he had heard about, Jack knew running away simply wasn't good enough. He'd have to reinforce the Helipack, maybe make the propellers out of a more durable material. Perhaps he could even add some form of weapon system to the Helipack? Yes, that sounded like a good idea.

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Height
4ft9in - 145cm
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith

Well the enthusiasm on this young man was something. His unfiltered nature reminded Sindri of Atreus. Unfortunately, it reminded him of Atreus at his worst, when godhood got to his head. After he stabilized himself from passing out that bats might be making sick all over his dust pouch, he did his best to keep a kind smile on his face. Unfortunately, it felt like it was definitely more one of worry.

"Really, I... didn't know there were other kinds of high-tech... good to know..." He also wasn't sure what a rifle was but hearing that it could be 'used' on someone for not paying made it feel like a harmful thing. "But, if you're offering to make me some kind of weapon or tool for bringing harm, I'd much rather not," his hands came up defensively. "I know my armor is strong and makes me look battle-ready, but I assure you I-I'm no combatant. Thor put me so off of violence, I can hardly bring myself to make weapons anymore even." He looked aside sadly.

"Right, let's go. It's a ways to the north, a short hike and a little bit of a mountain climb. If you can't pay with coin I'm sure there's something that can be negotiated that's more... safe. I'm no crook, but I'm not a pushover."

Sindri stepped well around the young man and led. He kept his eyes low as a certain discomfort hit him. The way this crafter described his wares, though phrases like "laser" and "robot" didn't bring any familiarity, "explosives" and "powered" did. The latter term wouldn't have been so concerning if it weren't for being used so closely to something so war-like. While Sindri knew powered as an object being charged by magics, what he could understand was that Midgardian magic devices were much more dangerous and unstable... He wasn't sure what worried him more, that possibly this crafter didn't know the forces he trying to harness, or that he knew perfectly. Sindri steeled the magic in his mind, in case the second proved true.

"My name is Sindri, by the way," he quickly followed his previous statement with. "It would appear some Midgardians know me best as one of the crafters of Mjolnir, the hammer of Thor. The way he used it... you can probably understand that I'm not too fond of those that would cause harm."

Last edited:
J
J

Jack Spicer

"Jack Spicer is my name." said Jack, as he looked at Sindri for a moment. "And Mjonir? It doesn't exactly ring a bell to me, to be honest. Though, if you're good at smithing weapons, I could use one. I may in fact need one if some people from my world show up. " A weapon would make his life less of a nightmare here in Pandora. Superhero beat downs were not something Jack was in the mood for being on the receiving end. Especially beat downs from the Xiaolin Losers. If / When they arrived in Pandora, Jack planned to be holed up in an inpenetrable Fortress and protected from them, with super weapons at his disposal he could use to keep them as far from him as possible. So what if he was a bit on the paranoid side about that? Jack didn't want to keep ending up in the hospital due to them. Maybe he did need a bit of therapy in that regard. Unfortunately he couldn't afford any such thing.

"Who exactly is Thor?" asked Jack as he followed Sindri. He needed as much information about the natives of Pandora as he could get. Really he needed to modify his Shen Gong Wu seeking watch to also have a diary function and a few other functions here in Pandora. And ideally a Force Field function to prevent the XIaolin Monks from cracking his skull, or superheroes from doing that.

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

//Setting Wednesday as my next posting day, see you all soon <3 //
Sorry for being so absent, my loves!! Life has been crazy, as usual :( I will hopefully be back soon, thank you for being so patient with me <333
posts coming this week! things have been h e c t i c so thank you for the patience with me <3

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iknik Blackstone Varrick
Top Bottom