By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Captain Marvel Battles... a Clumsy Fool?

Dr. Neo Cortex

Crash Bandicoot
Species
Human
Occupation
Engineer at Weytech
link
Directory
link
Evening, June 1st, y109
@Billy Batson

Pandora was full of many wonders, but naturally what defined it most was the people that called it home. There were so many varieties: Big and small, short and tall, humans and anthropomorphic animals, creatures of peace and war, and so much more. As with any place of high population and mass feelings of "where am I?", there came a need for cooperation. Organizations brought together within cities made by the Pandoran powers or by the sheer determination of sentient beings needing to make the house a home. A dreadful display of loving thy neighbor and bringing understanding to this otherwise chaotic box. Among these purveyors of good, there was always some kind of top commander of justice and fairness.

There were always heroes.

Cortex grumbled as he tightened bolts and flicked at wires. "Look at me," he mocked to no one, alone in an unoccupied building seemingly in the process of official renovation. "I'm a goody goody good guy! I do the right thing, and never stop winning! Ugh!" He slammed a panel shut spitefully and paced as he lectured the air. "Believe me when I say, I will figure out how to be just as successful in villainy as a hero is at whatever it is they do. Your secrets will be mine soon enough!" He clapped his hands together with evil confidence!

And sent a cloud of dust up into his face.

After coughing for a good minute and wondering if that was going to be his doom, he began the final preparations for his terrible plan.

This building- an old-looking and dilapidated apartment tower- seemed always in a state of mid-renovation. Plastic sheets flapped between exposed wall framework, sheets of drywall laid in piles waiting to be put up, tools and sawhorses were just left unattended waiting for some big action sequence to destroy it all. It was a perfect place to lay a trap. The type of trap that would give the doctor valuable data on the most infuriating thing he could never account for in his grand schemes. That, of course, was superpowers.

He hated superpowers. Normal people and creatures skipping about with this insane power within them, able to stop the glorious evil of science's greatest creations just because they got pushed into the right radioactive bee colony! It was unfair! So Cortex decided it was time to level the playing field with the most powerful weapon known to science: Research.

Having finished the actual machinery part of things, all that was left was a lure. What hero would see a cat stuck in a tree without a crying child to point it out? What children trapped in fires would get rescued without a parent screaming to save them? Yes, this role would be paramount in the execution of this plan...

-----​

"Help! Oh help! I need a hero to save the day!" A man's english accent shouted down the street, seemingly on the verge of tears. "Oh please! Heeelp!"

Naturally, it was Cortex that would fill the role of damsel- he couldn't pass up a good excuse to dig into his nice clothes and costumes. Here he was, dramatically flung over the railings flanking the entry steps, making as if he was about to faint. He had no particular target in mind as he was more than certain there was enough options that someone would surely come. He had chosen a pretty simple get-up: A nice red shirt, a well-brushed and long black wig (covering the N-plate on his forehead and more importantly his baldness, reminding him of the sorely missed time when it wasn't a wig) and some nice pressed slacks. Surely he would look like a business man fresh back from a long day at the office, not the sinister evil genius of the brain beneath. His yellow latex gloves stayed, though, electrocution was never a joke even in the most dire of plans! The building was hardly up to code, even before his meddling, you know. Loose wires everywhere, poorly fastened conduit...

That aside, he hollered and cried, doing his best to draw in a savior!

"Only a brave and selfless superhero can help my baby! Heeelp!"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Billy Batson

Billy Batson

DC Universe
Species
Human
Occupation
Internet guy/Superhero
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Well... this was one for the books, all right.

While Billy had been enjoying his time just doing normal stuff with Starktube, he did soon start to feel guilty that he wasn't making more use of his alter ego. People still needed help in Pandora after all, regardless of how common it was for people to know escape spells or have bionic combat attachments or whatever.

Thankfully, a regular patrol schedule as Captain Marvel had soon sorted that out - and as luck (?) would have it, today's patrol had brought him along a case that, er, apparently needed the help of a superhero.

"Hi there. What's the issue? Can I help at all?"
Floating a little way in front of the yelling man, the Captain landed with a noiseless thud and stared, first at the victim, and then at the scene of the, uh, tragedy. Something was odd here. It wasn't just the bright yellow rubberised gloves the guy was wearing on top of his otherwise perfectly normal clothes, but also the building itself.

It... well, it seemed like an odd place to bring your baby, that was all.

• Love
Reactions: Dr. Neo Cortex

Dr. Neo Cortex

Crash Bandicoot
Species
Human
Occupation
Engineer at Weytech
link
Directory
link

Through his over-acted wailing Cortex was starting to tear up a little at his character's plight. This begotten single father, doing his very best and working long hours as a knife salesman to provide for his child, only to find himself in a situation like this! Neo was starting to lose himself so much in the act that he was seriously considering running in there to save the day himself. Thankfully, something broke that fixation.

Someone.

The doctor heard the question first and peeked from under the back of his glove (as he had his hand to his forehead in dramatic flair) at the answer to his evil prayers. Though Cortex only saw a brief moment of it, he could've swore this man had been flying on first approach. How wonderful!

"A hero!" he exclaimed happily, then immediately he was back to crying. "Oh what a terrible terror! I had managed to convince my slave-driver of a boss at the knife office to let me leave early today, as my dear child is celebrating its birthday! As only a loving father does, I was taking it on its birthday walk through the upper floors of this building when a group of mean, nasty, beautifully constructed machines took my child!" He fell to his knees and clasped together his hands as he looked up at his hopeful saviour with grey tear-filled eyes, begging the strange hero for concern. "You must help me save my baby! If you let me lead, I can show you exactly where they took it!"

Of course, he had to come along to get the readings he so desperately sought today. His machines were the punching bags, but the devices for recording all those potential energy outputs were on the bad doctor's person. If this hero was one of those 'Stand back good citizen!' types, Dr. Cortex was very prepared to make sure he got dragged with today, figuratively or literally.

After all, all is fair in evil and science.

• Haha
Reactions: Billy Batson

Billy Batson

DC Universe
Species
Human
Occupation
Internet guy/Superhero
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Okay, well, this was feeling... how to put it nicely? Very amateur dramatics.

Rubbing the back of his head, Captain Marvel looked up at the building again, then back down at the weird guy currently spinning him a tale about it. It was probably not true. Probably. There was, obviously, the possibility that his new acquaintance was telling the truth and just happened to talk like an overacting aspiring actor.

It wasn't likely, but it was a possibility.

"....Okay then. I guess you'd better lead on."
What the heck. While the Wisdom of Solomon was telling him this was some kind of weird game, Cap also knew that the Stamina of Atlas should see him through any real danger - and this guy didn't strike him as the genuinely monstrous type, just a bit, well, eccentric.

Why not see where this went?

• Love
Reactions: Dr. Neo Cortex

Dr. Neo Cortex

Crash Bandicoot
Species
Human
Occupation
Engineer at Weytech
link
Directory
link

Cortex immediately hopped up with great gusto, his former sadness all but dust in the wind!

"Oh, fantastic!" He exclaimed as he clapped his hands together. Quickly he turned and ran clumsily (practically skipping with joy!) to the main hall of the building, straight to the elevator. "Follow along, my friend! It's most certainly safe this way!" His glove let out a squeak as he jabbed the button, and he struggled to hold back an evil chuckle. A fly to a lightbulb, all of his own make!

Naturally he hoped this hero would possess powers that he could turn into a ray gun... He couldn't ever have enough ray guns! Maybe he could create and anti-gravity beam, since at the very least this fool could fly. Or maybe he had something neat and niche. Ohhh this was so exciting!

Dr. Neo Cortex tried not to grin too hard as he swayed in his stance, distracted by his mental designs for all the new guns on his mind. A double charge bolt capacitor there, wide-panning targeting arrays. Oh! A forward ring mount receptor! But wait, he became aware of his horrible awareness! Terrified fathers didn't grin...

When the door dinged in time with his thoughts, he leapt into the elevator, sobbing again as he poked at the 40 button.

"Do not worry, oh child of mine, we shall save yooou! With powers of... what are your powers again?"

Current Season

Status Updates

Not that it's a contest or anything... but guess who just made their first friend and now has a planned playdate meeting with them? Yeah, I'm just that impressive.
microwaved a pop-tart, cried for 10 minutes.
the future is now
S.O.S HOW TF DO YOU UNSWIPE ON PINDER I MESSED UP
One day left to sign up for Labyrinth of the Beast! Can you survive the labyrinth?
Click here!

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipine
Top Bottom