Be it with weaponry, magic, or simple mixed martial arts, this class is all about the ins and outs of close-range combat. Held in Ozma's classroom, during which time all desks and chairs can be moved aside to create a large sparring stage at the front of the room. This class will explore many varied methods of combat in detail, and is a blend of classroom sessions and practical sparring matches between classmates. Students will be challenged to expand their horizons beyond what they are most comfortable with, and will hopefully come away with a better understanding of various methods to
kick some ass defend themselves in dire situations.
Monday: 7AM - 9AM
Tuesday: 7AM - 8:30AM
Thursday: 4:30PM - 6PM
Friday: 7PM - 8:30pm (optional sparring sessions)
Pre-Requisites: All student participants should anticipate that injuries are extremely likely during this class, so it may not be suited for certain parties. Likewise, though accommodations will always be made to ensure things remain as fair and safe as possible, some formal weapons training or magic ability is recommended, though not required.
- All students (or their legal guardians, if they are not of legal age) will be required to sign a waiver in order to participate in the practical portion of this class. The very nature of combat requires some form of danger, and (minor) injuries can be anticipated by most students, especially those who are less experienced than their peers
- Sparring partners with be primarily selected by Ozma for the sake of fairness. Students will be paired based on their combat abilities, not based on friendship or preference. However, students attending Friday sessions are free to choose their own partners.
- Practical and classroom sessions will not be disclosed ahead of time (excepting Friday evening sparring sessions), in order to prevent students from skipping one portion in favor of another. However, there will usually be two practical portions and one lecture per week.
- If, at any time, students choose to engage in dangerous or reckless behavior during practical days, they will be subject to removal from the course, pending a full review of their behavior by Ozma. Multiple acts of rebelliousness, or any act resulting in harm to another student, will result in an immediate failing grade with no exceptions.
- Bullying behavior, or any student seen to use their prior combat experience in a negative manner towards their peers, may result in immediate expulsion from the course. All students are expected to be courteous and respectful of each other's abilities, regardless of their aptitude.
- During practical days, students are encouraged to try their hardest, and to focus on their own training, as opposed to attempting to keep pace with their peers. Everyone improves at their own rate, and the practical side of the course is graded on an individual basis.
- Students who persistently push themselves too hard during practicals will be given three warnings, followed by a suspension from peer-partnered sparring sessions. These students will spar only with Ozma until they can be trusted to return to peer-partnered sessions.
- Any student in need of added assistance may request private tutoring or sparring with Ozma during the Friday evening time slot.
- Student Name
- Student Name
- Student Name
This thread will serve as the brainstorming thread for this class. Students may enroll via this thread and the teacher may drop any events/projects/class ideas/etc here for discussion as well!