By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private [Crush & Burn] nuts & bolts for you!

Octi

The Helpful Octopus
Race
Disney Fairy
Occupation
Music Teacher
Alignment
Lawful Good
Organizer
link

Crush & Burn: Premium Package

Welcome to your all expense paid vacation! You and your partner have been blind-folded and picked up at your assorted houses. You're not allowed to see, nor speak to each other until you reach the location. Don't mind the hand-cuffs, they're for everyone's safety!

Once at the location, you handcuffs and blindfolds will be removed, and you're on your own from there on out! One of you has been handed an envelope explaining both the date, as well as some extra cash on us to make this adventure as worth-while as possible!

Have fun! And thanks for using us at CRUSH & BURN for love on this fine Valentine's Day!

OOC NOTES:
  • The amount of money is up to you in the envelope.
  • The date ends when you decide it ends.
  • How your characters GET HOME from the date is also up to you.
  • Characters are free to bail from the date if they're not having fun.
  • Locations and pairings are final unless there's a SUPER VALID reason why your character can't be in a specific location. If so, just PM me!
  • Got a question? Feel free to @ milk in the questions channel, or poke milk privately on Discord/PM!
  • HAVE FUN

Your date is at THE MONROE!
An AI controlled hotel in Elysium's undercity run by one single AI that controls the most of hotel from reservations, dining, "entertainment" of all types, and the cleaning and security of the hotel guests. The AI is modeled off the personality of Marylin Monroe, late Hollywood Starlet, although years of having few guests and a program that makes her desire to have guests staying in the hotel have given her a couple....quirks. Think of her as your stalker who just wants to keep you safe and be your friend.

Reactions: Cindy Moon

Cindy Moon

Marvel Universe
Race
Korean-American
Occupation
Reporter
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

No, Cindy was absolutely not lonely. Why would anyone assume she paid money to get paired up with some random person on a date because she was lonely? It wasn't like being dropped into Pandora an exact year before made her feel lonely, especially not when she was taken to Pandora the second after meeting her old high school sweetheart. Therefore, the anniversary of her arrival to Pandora was also her anniversary of meeting Hector again.

But she wasn't lonely, really. She was just... curious. The whole thing came with a bunch of big promises about true love and stuff, and she wanted to know if it'd work.

Not because she needed a boyfriend or anything. Obviously.

She was probably calmer than most at the suggestion she be handcuffed, blindfolded and dragged somewhere random. It wasn't like she needed to see to know when she was in danger. Really, she was fine with the surprise. It just made the whole thing exciting.

Eventually, they were released, and Cindy was more than a little stunned by their surroundings. She let out a low whistle at it all. "I probably couldn't afford to stay somewhere this nice if I saved up for a year," she said, "wonder how those guys pay for all this themselves?"

Reactions: Lobo

Lobo

DC Universe
Race
Czarnian
Occupation
Bounty Hunter/Love Machine
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Single and Ready To Mingle
Lobo wasn't one to back down, and when someone offers an all expenses paid trip to a place that included the possibility of some action. Frag yeah he was gonna jump on it. The handcuffs were no biggy, hell the things could barely fit around his wrist and he doubted they'd accounted for Czarnian strength. But he did mind that the blindfold kept him from seeing who his date was. He'd been in a couple Coyote Ugly situations before and he was hoping this wasn't gonna turn into one of them. Soul mates weren't somethin' Lobo was exactly looking for but hey if he got some sorta long term relationship from it whatever. Stuff could be cool, most his girlfriends before ended up trying to kill him or basically just wanted to kill him from the start and were trying to get close to him. So maybe he'd get lucky on this one. Lobo let out a low whistle as they took the blindfold off and could see everything. Nice and swanky. He took a look at his date, not bad, little small but hey he wasn’t complaining.

“Dunno, dating stuff always gets money, real primo digs though, wonder where the staff is.” He walked over to the counter and looked for a bell to ring when a woman materialized before him. Making Lobo jump back. “Well if it isn’t our little couple, I was told you’d be arriving sometime around now.” The hologram sad with a breathy tone. “Well your room should you need it is on floor seven, it’s a biometric lock and-“ A scanner in the ceiling aimed at each of them and ran a green light over each. “-now you are both scanned into system.” Monroe smiled, she was glad to have guests. New paying guests. Mr. Vizla’s account was still paying for his friends to come and go when they needed. It was good to feel needed again.

“But of course you’re free to use any of our leisure rooms, food can be prepared and served in the dining area. And all you need to do is call and I’ll be right there to help.” With that she gave a wink and vanished.

Lobo turned to his date and blinked. “Crazy huh?” He strode back over to her, holding onto his belt. “Name’s Lobo, The Main Man is also applicable.”

Cindy Moon

Marvel Universe
Race
Korean-American
Occupation
Reporter
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Cindy's date was pretty... big. Not exactly surprising to her, since she knew plenty of people who didn't exactly fit the usual standards of beauty, and she was tougher than she looked, so she didn't have any complaints yet.

More surprising was Marilyn Monroe showing up to tell them where to go and scan their DNA. Cindy blinked a few times, glad that she'd be able to remember everything that was said even if she wasn't paying attention, because her mind was elsewhere.

"So, Marilyn Monroe runs this place," she said, "alright, I've seen weirder." The envelope explaining their situation was still in her hands, but curiosity was pushing her to ignore it. She kind of wanted to explore the place for herself and not have it all explained.

She glanced over at Lobo as he introduced himself and snorted at his little addition. Maybe he was serious, but it was kind of amusing. "Cindy Moon," she replied with a nod, "and it looks like we have a fancy hotel to play in, any preference where to start?"

Lobo

DC Universe
Race
Czarnian
Occupation
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lobo wouldn‘t say he was a pretty boy he’d say he was drop fraggin dead gorgeous though. He looked around the place, plenty of stuff to do, his dates usually didn’t last that long. Seeing as they were less dates and more him picking up ladies for one night stands. But he doubted this was one of those ladies. So the Main Man turned on the charm, pointing to one of the doors that lead to a lounge. “I could go for a drink, get ta’ know each other before we do anything ya know?” He approached the door the double doors and swung them open, he stepped inside and looked around the plush little bar, leather seats and tables, a large bar top island in the center. And seemingly a stage for musicians, but like most of the place, that was empty.

“Not bad, not my usual style of bar but hey, what’s a guy ta’ do?” Lobo sat down on one of the stools and swiveled to face her. “So Cindy, what do you get up to besides getting kidnapped for romantic outings?”

Cindy Moon

Marvel Universe
Race
Korean-American
Occupation
Reporter
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Well, this guy was charming, if nothing else. Cindy's lips pulled back in a smile as he suggested drinks. "Sounds like a plan," she said as she followed him through the building. It took a lot of energy to keep from gaping at everything. She'd been to places built by people with money, but they usually didn't go all-out like this place.

"Normally, I'd be worried about emptying my bank account around here, but since I'm not paying, I can't complain," she took the seat next to Lobo and let out a chuckle at his joke, "well, for work I'm a reporter, not too exciting, but it pays the bills. As for hobbies, well, I used to watch TV, but then a viking in a wedding dress punched it, and I haven't gotten around to getting a new one, so I spend more time out of the apartment."

Lobo

DC Universe
Race
Czarnian
Occupation
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lobo listened to her story and started to lean back, reaching an arm over the bar to grab something when Monroe materialized again. "Please wait to be served hun'" Lobo jerked back, muttering under his breath about a 'friggin ghost' but recovered quickly. "I'll take rum, leave the bottle." As Monroe prepared the drinks he turned back to Cindy. "Reporter eh? Yeah I know one of you guys back home, real boyscout, kinda a dweeb but built like a brick house. Old Kansas boy doesn't really like what The Main man does." Lobo grabbed the small shot of rum and downed it, then grabbed the bottle and started to swig from it. He'd be fine, one of the perks of cellular, or molecular regeneration, he wasn't really sure which, was getting drunk on humie booze was like a three day effort at best. "Ah burns just right, now, I mostly work, ya know bounty hunting, working on my Hog, sometimes doing the occasionaly fight with a cape or mask that decides I'm a little too..."gung ho" with my approach to bringin' in skeez that's got bounties on em" The Main Man took another swig of the bottle and and looked to their holographic bartender. "We get some music or s'mthin?" Monroe nodded and motioned to the stage, a holographic of a band materialized and the room was filled with a jazz beat.

"Frag yeah." Lobo smirked again and leaned forward. "My main downtime though is uh...dolphin feedin' space dolphins that is."

Cindy Moon

Marvel Universe
Race
Korean-American
Occupation
Reporter
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Cindy needed a second to realize that 'capes and masks' meant superheroes.

Like Cindy.

Well, it sounded like her date wasn't exactly ideal for her. Unless there were some extreme circumstances she didn't know about. Either way, she figured keeping a tight-lid on the whole Silk thing would be wise.

"Gin and tonic," she ordered after Lobo. Something told her she'd need a few drinks to keep her cool, talking to a possible villain, or at least anti-hero. Things just couldn't be simple in her life, could they?

"What is your approach?" she asked, "or is that not exactly date-conversation type stuff?" She'd at least like a head's up if she was sitting with a murderer, or just someone who took a few liberties with the law.

As she bobbed along with the music, she continued, "space dolphins? Are those different from regular dolphins?"

Lobo

DC Universe
Race
Czarnian
Occupation
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lobo shrugged, well obviously his approach was a swift and decisive one that involved shooting them or killing them but that wasn't really the best way to put it. "I can react violently when they fight back and try ta' kill me, sometimes my bounties don't give me much choice or sometimes I get a bit too into the fight. I guess you could say I don't descelate things well. But ey I go after bad bastiches, so I gott be a bad bastich myself." He took another wig of his rum and perked up at the mention of his dolphins. "Well they're like normal dolphins in looks but normal dolphins don't have gravitational propulsion fields, and lungs and hide designed to survive in the cold vaccum of space, plus they're telepathic and can speak most language." Lobo leaned back again with a dopey smile on his face. "Oh and I had a dog, well not really my dog, but he hung around."

He wondered if the lady had anything weird going on, most dames were put off by his lovely hue of bluish white and his cherry pie eyes. She seemed pretty cool with it though. "You got any...powers?"

Cindy Moon

Marvel Universe
Race
Korean-American
Occupation
Reporter
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

It was hard to decide exactly how she felt when only hearing about his work. Maybe he was being honest, maybe he was downplaying what he really did. How could she know? Maybe it didn't matter. He wasn't going to be attacking anyone in the building, so she could just relax and enjoy herself in the moment.

So, she focused on his description of his dolphins and chuckled under her breath. "Sounds like quite the sight," she said, "so, you talk to them much? Or is it just a quick visit before heading out to wherever you're going?"

"Well, I have an eidetic memory," she said without thinking, "and I'm pretty good at ice skating. Haven't done it in a while, but I was good when I was a teenager, at least. Oh, and I was bitten by a radioactive spider and can shoot webs out of my fingertips. You know, the usual."

Lobo

DC Universe
Race
Czarnian
Occupation
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
"Ah I see them as much as I can, they hang around some places I like to lay around so I bring em food, make sure no ones poachin' 'em." Lobo looked off in the distance a little wistful look in his eye. "They don't care, like about what you are, what you do, you treat em right and they just...don't judge, purest thing in the verse those Space Dolphins, nothing but pure." He snapped back to focus after his little aside on the benefits of space dolphins and tipped back the last of the rum. He almost spat it out when she mentioned the radioactive spider bit. Swallowing hard and coughing a bit which quickly turned into a laugh. "Frag off! You seriously got a double helix gene splicing from a bug bite, that's crazy! By all possible laws of probability and genes you should be dead of poisoning right?" Lobo threw his head back and let out another laugh.

"But that's some of the coolest stuff I've heard. You gotta be one of them right? A mask, don't worry about earlier we don't have beef, hell I've been on super hero teams, no foolin'." Lobo crossed his heart since he was telling the truth.

Cindy Moon

Marvel Universe
Race
Korean-American
Occupation
Reporter
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Wow, this guy sure loved his space dolphins. It was almost cute, just how much he loved them. Cindy couldn't help but grin the longer he went on. "Sound like good friends to have," she said. Pure, that was just adorable.

While she could see the humor in the ridiculousness of her situation, she had to let out a groan when he mentioned the odds. "It's actually way more complicated than that," she said, "involving, like, interdimensional travel and spider totems. Honestly, it's really dumb and you don't want to know the whole story."

It was a bit comforting to know that he wasn't super defensive about her second identity, at least. "Good to know," she replied, "would hate to have spent money on fighting a person. I get enough of that in my downtime."

Lobo

DC Universe
Race
Czarnian
Occupation
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lobo smirked. “Always some catch can never just be that one in a million.” He placed the bow empty rum bottle down on the counter top and Monroe took it away. But this chickadee seemed cool. Best powers she didn’t seem to mind that he had some history with masks and capes. They were just having a chill drink with one another. ”I mean a fight can be fun but if you ain’t up for it we can stick to this.” Lobo whistled. “Uh hotel, can we get some cheese fries over here?”

Monroe materialized again. “Sorry sugar but the Monroe doesn’t exactly serve stuff like that but I can of course offer an assortment of appetizer plates and entrees. We have a roast duck that’s perfect for splitting, or if you really want something like those fries I can have our fingerling potatoes made into mini loaded potatoes with extra cheese and some sour cream to dip. Would that be good for yoI doll?” Lobo shrugged and nodded, was close enough he supposed.

”Sure and I’ll take a whiskey.” He flashed a toothy grin and Monroe again vanished. “Too swanky for a good loaded fry.” He shook his head. “So I guess right now would be the best time ta’ clarify I ain’t like a human with powers, Czarnian, last of ‘em actually. Super strong, super durable, and I got nose that can track a man across the galaxy, real neat stuff.”

Cindy Moon

Marvel Universe
Race
Korean-American
Occupation
Reporter
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

"I usually always have some caveat whenever luck seems to be on my side," Cindy replied with a huff, "really, I've gotten used to it by now. Just let it happen and go from there." Better than getting angry about all of the craziness, at least.

"Well, I can't imagine Marilyn over here would be very appreciative if we busted up her hotel just for a fight," she said, "not sure what she could do, but sometimes it's better not to risk it, you know?" Robots with control of an entire building were probably not easy to deal with.

She watched the exchange with a wry grin and shrugged once it was over. "Gotta keep up appearances, I guess," she said, "anyway, so your abilities are just normal for your species? That's a new one for me, I haven't met many aliens."

Lobo

DC Universe
Race
Czarnian
Occupation
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lobo shrugged, fancy was fancy and he’d learned to deal. Plenty of his bosses had ivory towers, some literally if they were really lame about it. Lobo just learned to enjoy the perks that he got from it and take whatever else came with it. His powers were a weird subject because yes his species did have natural regeneration abilities but not to his level. “Well all Czarnians are born with cellular regeneration abilities but I was born a little special with my regeneration, I seem to be able to split my cells and recycle em, and I’m basically immortal, aging and disease don’t touch me. And lets say I was ya’ rip off my arm, then toss it over there.” He pointed to the stage. “Then blow off my head, I could regrow a whole new body from that arm, same conscience, same me. Hell I regrew my body from a puddle of blood once.”

Lobo remembered those times, crazy to think about now. “I used ta’ be able to grow other me’s but my ol’ boss on one of my super hero teams kinda got rid of that with some gene splicing. Kinda sucks but it was also a pain in the shrak when they got the idea to try and replace me.” Lobo thought for a second. “Oh and no idea if this is power related or im just a natural genius but I was doing complex molecular bonding calculations in first grade.”

Cindy Moon

Marvel Universe
Race
Korean-American
Occupation
Reporter
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Cindy was surprisingly interested as Lobo explained himself. She wasn't expecting him to go so in-depth, and she wasn't expecting it to be so fascinating. As he spoke, she just sat where she was, drinking and listening.

At the end she hummed, impressed. "That's useful," she commented, "most I can heal is at the same rate as any human. I'm tougher than the average, so that's useful. Still, I don't know how I'd feel about creating another me. Feel like that's just an existential breakdown waiting to happen."

Lobo

DC Universe
Race
Czarnian
Occupation
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
“Ah yer right there, we all got into a tussle, I’m the only one that walked away, the original model.” Lobo stopped, seemingly deep in thought for a few moments. “I think...maybe....nah yeah that’s me.” He shrugged, they probably all shared memories but they had to be sure of when they were made he didn’t really like to talk to them. Mostly cuz he’d wiped out the Czarnians and he wasn’t looking to repopulate them one with a one man cloning machine. ”So I know you’re a mask but like, where’s yeeer, place yer stompin ground back home, where’d you mostly stick to with this hero thing?” The boyscout had his Metropolis, the Bat had Gotham, Lanterns all had their own star sectors. Why wouldn't she have her own city she protected?

"And uh? You got yer costume wit' ya?"

Cindy Moon

Marvel Universe
Race
Korean-American
Occupation
Reporter
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Cindy could only wince as Lobo considered whether he was even the real him. Even if he was pretty relaxed about it, it sent shivers up her spine. Honestly, the idea was just really unnerving and she did her best to move past it.

Fortunately, he had an idea, and she was more than happy to go along with the change of topic. "My stomping grounds?" she repeated with a sideways grin, "New York, pretty much. Usually just the one I was from, but there've been a couple interdimensional incidents. Still New York, but... well, different."

The question about her costume got a chuckle out of her. "Always, actually," she said, pointing a finger at the bar in front of them. Suddenly, a web shot out of her fingertip, and her red mask was sewn into being as they watched.

Lobo

DC Universe
Race
Czarnian
Occupation
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lobo nodded, New York, made sense, it was kinda a hub for suits and capes to hanging around in. He didn't really acknowledge the inter dimensional stuff seeing as how that was pretty par the course. "I get where yer goin' with this." So she was from some sort of alternate Earth to the one she was taken from. Neat. So here she was all supered up in Pandora with her neat little powers and she was having a date with Lobo, the big bad bounty hunter. He was also wondering where his drink and potatoes were but with only robots or machinery to make it he was hoping she was taking her time to get a quality meal out of it.

He leaned forward, watching her as she worked her webbing. He let out an excited laugh when she spun up the mask and slapped his knee. "Well ain't that some fraggin convenient powers right there."

Cindy Moon

Marvel Universe
Race
Korean-American
Occupation
Reporter
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

It was always fun to mess around with her powers. If Cindy asked her therapist, she'd probably explain that making something light out of something that had been really painful helped her healing or whatever, but she could assume that on her own.

Still, when Lobo laughed, she grinned. "You're telling me," she said, "you know how much I save on clothes shopping? I know some supers have to wear their costumes under their clothes, or rush off to put them on. Not me, though."

Current Season

Status Updates

What an astonishing world!
This was NOT what I was expecting when I opened my eyes this morning.
I'm such a great political figure. ;)

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Crane
Top Bottom