By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Danu's Vision

Goro Akechi

Persona
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
@Yusuke Kitagawa - October 7

--

Akechi kneels beside Yusuke and gently shakes him. "Wake up. Can you hear me?" Akechi himself is in Robin outfit, with two stained-glass wings folded behind his back. He appears normal otherwise -- more normal than the large blades of grass towering over their heads. A ladybug lands on one of the blades. The detail on it is excruciatingly sharp.

While his friend gathers his bearings, Akechi sits back and looks up at the bright blue sky. "I wonder how much time has passed..."

Reactions: Yusuke Kitagawa

Yusuke Kitagawa

Persona
Race
Human
Occupation
Freelance Artist
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

Yusuke was enjoying a dream when something grabbed him by the arm and shook. As would anyone's response be, he stubbornly turned onto his side and curled up, though his comfort was thoroughly shattered as a voice spoke up. He pressed the heel of his palm into an eye as he yawned. Yusuke waited a moment longer before blearily answering, "Of course I can."

Though once he takes a peek at his surroundings, he was almost convinced that he was still asleep. Blades of grass stretched taller than trees, and it goes without saying that the ladybug perching on one was monstrous in size. Dewdrops clung to the grass, reflecting the sunlight beautifully. The colors of the ladybug is just as marvelous, and its sheen made his fingers itch towards his pocket for a pencil. But he only pats the pants-leg of his phantom thief's costume and all at once he remembers what had happened to them.

"There's no way to tell if it's been an hour or a day, so I propose we don't worry about that." The cloudless blue sky told Yusuke nothing aside from that it could either have been 2 o'clock of the same day or the 2 o'clock on a calendar date a month ahead of the Tuesday they embarked on their trip into Mementos. "We should perhaps be more concerned about the changes to our bodies." There was the issue that they were both miniature and that Akechi was sporting a pair of faerie wings. Last he checked, he didn't have wings of any sort despite his bird moniker.

Reactions: Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi

Persona
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
"Hmm..." He turns to look over his shoulder, to the cascading waterfall of wings. He seems himself otherwise. "My suspicion is that these changes are a result of the territory. I'm unsure of how we came to be so small otherwise. Or what this place is." It certainly doesn't look like Mementos. "Are you in one piece?"

Last edited:

Yusuke Kitagawa

Persona
Race
Human
Occupation
Freelance Artist
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

Staring at Akechi's newfound wings, Yusuke was stricken by the thought of how similar it was to those of a cicada. While he didn't entirely fancy insects aside from the few times he was inspired to draw one, they looked nice on him. "It's interesting that you were the only one changed, though..." Whatever happened prior to their awakening was a murky haze. One thing was for sure, they weren't in any part of Mementos that he recognized. Just that it looked like the scene out of Tumbalina or Tinker Bell - a tiny person in a too-big world. At his inquiry, Yusuke gave himself a once-over before shrugging his shoulders. "Aside from the fact that I'm the size of a sewing needle, I'm fine. Are the wings bothering you?"

Goro Akechi

Persona
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
"No, but flying is somewhat awkward at the moment. I nearly crash-landed into a mushroom while I was surveying the place." He walked up to a blade of grass, pushed it down, and stood on it. The plant slowly let and raised him onto a flat white mushroom, where there was a broader view of the meadow. "The bad news is that there is no apparent way to go back to Pandora. The good news is that I do not sense the presence of demons."

Yusuke Kitagawa

Persona
Race
Human
Occupation
Freelance Artist
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

What use were wings if one simply crashed whenever trying to use them? Of course, Akechi can't be blamed for that. He had only had the appendages for such a short number of time, it was expected that he still fumbled with them. And, there were still exquisite to look at. If not for the concerning situation, Yusuke probably would have implored Akechi to sit down on the mushroom cap and pose for a drawing.

"We can figure out a way back to Pandora. A demon could most likely step on us and that would be the end of it, in this sort of state," he replied as he climbed onto a blade of grass. Much like an elevator, it raised him to the top of the mushroom allowing him to climb on top. There was a beautiful view of the meadow they were trapped in, but no other clues about where they were or what had happened. "Given our size, traveling by foot would be a waste of time. Starting a fire in hopes of catching a passerby's attention would only threaten our own lives... Maybe if we wait, it will wear off?"

Goro Akechi

Persona
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
"The spell? I suppose you're right. Still, let us investigate while we can." Goro pauses. "But this place nice, isn't it? I'm not an artist, and even I'm inspired to paint a picture."

Yusuke Kitagawa

Persona
Race
Human
Occupation
Freelance Artist
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

It was beautiful scenery indeed. He has seen many pieces drawn from such a perception, yet nothing amounted to what he could see now. Seeing such a sight firsthand made his hand itch to sketch it, yet...

Yusuke would have insisted on drawing the landscape before they set out. He would have put his foot down on the matter, actually. This was a one in a lifetime opportunity, and he wasn't the sort to waste such things. But the truth of the fact that he lacked both paper and pencil.

"It's a shame that I can't as I am now," Yusuke lamented as he gazed out over the sea of grassblades. "But dwelling on it helps no one. Which way do you propose we go? The direction we're facing?"

Goro Akechi

Persona
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Akechi nodded. "It is as good a direction as any."

By evening, a bright blush painted the sky. Akechi (and assumingly Yusuke too) was tired and famished. But he managed to get better control over his wings, taking up altitude on occasion to look for clues. eventually, he found one.

"I see...fire?" The faerie squinted at a group of moving lights in the middle of a clearing. He had flown Yusuke up with him to avoid getting seen by an odd-looking black dog (barghest). "It looks like a settlement. I wonder if it would a good idea to approach it..." After all -- they don't know anything about how the inhabitants must be like. "What if I go in first, Yusuke? That way, if it is dangerous, you can still have the chance to run while I create a diversion."

Yusuke Kitagawa

Persona
Race
Human
Occupation
Freelance Artist
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

His feet ached worse than his stomach by far. Yusuke was used to the pangs of hunger, an ailment he was familiar to under Madarame's tutelage. His old teacher habitually used the threat of hunger against him. Some may say that the man's punishments were the root behind his gluttony, but he could care less. All he knew was that a pack of Jagariko would be incredibly appreciated.

That wasn't to say that the miles of walking bothered him either. Seeing as he habitually walked everywhere to avoid the pain of paying for transport, it was no great obstacle... But everyone had their limits, and he was steadily approaching his. Thankfully Akechi was learning to use his wings, and it alleviated some of the steps he otherwise would've been forced to take.

"I see it too," it was a small village, perhaps another twenty minutes or so of walking. The smoke was pretty thick for a fire of its size, and it hopefully meant that they could get some food. "But don't go in without backup. Set me down and I'll follow on foot. I'll keep my head down."

Goro Akechi

Persona
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Yusuke was right. If they split up, they had a better chance of eluding the enemy should things go downhill. He nodded. "Alright."

He set Yusuke down on a narrow path lined with thick grass and tiny illuminated mushrooms. There were no footprints present, so it was likely a secluded path. "Stick to the sides, just in case," Crow told him. "And if you come across any danger, just run. Hide under the tree's roots -- the same one whose branches I flew you up to. Otherwise, meet me behind the campsite's flora."

With that, Crow took to the air. Shrouded by the night, he landed behind a wide plant and peered out to the campsite. There were human-shaped people dancing around a (relatively) large bonfire. They had wings behind their backs, just like him. Before Akechi could try to puzzle out the scene, he was grabbed from behind.

--

When he arrived, Yusuke, too, would be captured. After some sensory chaos, he'd wake up and find himself sitting next to a reasonably concerned-looking Akechi, with people of all shapes and colours dancing around them. "I got caught as soon as I got close," Akechi said, reluctantly taking a goblet offered to him. "They don't seem to speak our language, but they don't seem overly hostile either...that may change, though."

Yusuke Kitagawa

Persona
Race
Human
Occupation
Freelance Artist
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

Yusuke memorized the key details: stay hidden to the side, hide if he was noticed - possibly under the roots of a tree, and if all goes well, meet him at the campsite. It was a good enough plan, but that was assuming that if whomever they were facing were hostile that they would be able to outrun them. Perhaps outfight, but Yusuke hasn't tried yet to see if he could summon his Persona in such a state.

He did his best to keep Goro in his eyesight, watching for the glint of his reflective wings in the moonlight. For the most part, he managed to keep himself hidden. He crouched by the bases of the grass, scuffing the dirt behind him so he wouldn't leave such an obvious trail. Unfortunately, by the time he noticed that something had grabbed Akechi, he felt a pair of arms grab him as well.

--

Yusuke blearily blinked open his eyes, annoyed that for the second time in recent memory something has happened to render him unconscious. Lights and shadows danced from a bonfire, and he noticed the people dancing before he did Goro. "You say that, but they just knocked us out... How long has it been?" As far as he could tell, there was no way to tell.

When a goblet was offered, Yusuke grabbed it by the handle but didn't sip. He took a precautionary sniff of the liquid, and it didn't smell repulsive. "Is it safe to drink?" The teen asked no one before gulping down some of the drink, "Hopefully not." At least he wasn't thirsty anymore.

Goro Akechi

Persona
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Yusuke seemed alright. Looking down at his own drink, Akechi took a few drinks. The liquid was thick like jelly, or perhaps dew on a leaf. "It's very sweet. With a little buzz to it." Akechi bet he knew what that buzz was. Should he break out the news to Yusuke?

Noting how quickly their drinks disappeared, a purple faerie laughed and refilled their goblets. Then, berries, dried meats, and cheeses of assorted kind were set before them. They smelled delicious.

"I am a bit hungry," he chewed on his lip. "But more importantly, we should find a way out of this world. There's a deliberate language barrier here, whereas in Pandora there isn't. If it's magic-based, it will make it difficult to communicate with anyone." Yusuke was probably eating while he blabbed, though.

Yusuke Kitagawa

Persona
Race
Human
Occupation
Freelance Artist
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

He had never personally drank alcohol before. Madarame never brought him to events that offered them, nor had he seen the appeal to sneaking into bars. Alas, the taste was foreign to him. He could point out the distinct buzz it left behind. If he had to guess, maybe this was some sort of exotic liquor?

When the food was brought before him, Yusuke had little reason to say no. Hunger followed him like his shadow, even when he lived a life where food was more accessible. It was like an invisible voice that urged him to eat, for who's to say he shall get a meal on the morrow?

He tried the cheese first, followed by combining them with the berries that the faeries had offered. They tasted delicious, and soon his old hesitations of poison were forgotten. While he kept an ear out for whatever Akechi blabbered at him, food was a priority... Especially given how long it had been since the last time he remembered eating.

He considered their predicament as he licked the stains off his fingers. "What if they can understand us even if we can't? Perhaps we can ask them for help. They've been generous already," Yusuke pointed out before plopping another blueberry into his mouth. "We can always try to communicate through gestures... Like that one game."

Current Season

Status Updates

What an astonishing world!
This was NOT what I was expecting when I opened my eyes this morning.
I'm such a great political figure. ;)
Writing an entire post on the phone in less than thirty minutes versus the two hours it takes on the computer.

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

• Steel
    ✧・゚: *✧・゚* we are starstuff *・゚✧*:・゚✧

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Crane
Top Bottom