By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Open Death is coming for you

Death

Der Kanon mechanischer Seelen
Race
Entity
Occupation
Death
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Death is coming for you

...and he wants a bucket of limestone as well as a chess partner.

While this pal is the personification of the force that ends all living, he truly is mostly trigger-free. Well unless you have an issue with bones. But it's rare enough someone gets to see them, what with his everything hidden under a black cloak.
Anyway this fellow has the means and habit of just showing up everywhere he likes as well as having got a bit sentimental in his old days and forming bonds with people, so I'd love for him to meet and make friends. Have some ideas here:
  • are you about to die? He'll be there. That's his job. And whether there is a last-minute saving or you chat Death up to a deal, there's the option to talk
  • are you a ghost or otherwise separated soul and body? That'll make him curious for sure. Might even be able to help you get it back together, depending on the individual case
  • are you a very annoying person, enough so to irritate even Death? Maybe you'll find yourself temporarily a ghost (he has to put you back as to not break the universe, but he can do it)
  • someone manipulating the space-time-continuum in any way whatsoever? Be sure he'll eventually show up for a lecture how that's a very bad idea
  • good ol' scare because suddenly Death shows up next to you – did he come to take your soul? Atone for past crimes? Get mistaken for a demon/ghost/enemy? Who knows
  • mistake him for some evil being and attack him. Magic, you say? Don't you force him to decontaminate his scythe with hellfire again
  • do you play chess? He does too. Any partner is better than his reflection, they always end up in draws
  • Death got lost and ask for directions. Don't ask how, but it happens. Regularly.
  • Death confused over peoples antics and asking wtf this is (for extra hilarious, try sex ed)
  • the one pleasure in existence he has is stomping around in powdered limestone with a bit of vinegar for “cosmetic purpose” so if you anyhow end up with some and are willing to share, you find yourself a happy Death
  • accidental summoning him. While he isn't obliged to show up, he just might to see what's up
  • you are a (minor) god, have the powers of one or something on the level of a nature force? Find out that it IS possible to yeet Death around. Though not recommended
  • always needed to blame someone for the death of beloved one? Try the seemingly-responsible personification

Of course I'm also up for any other ideas!

Reactions: pixel

Skooter910

Player
Organizer
link
Well, I don't know exactly how this meeting would go, but Death's gotta meet Crowley. He's just hanging out wherever, messing with people or brooding in Aziraphale's empty bookstore. Also, he's causally messing with reality because that's just what he does, you know, driving a car that shouldn't reasonably be driveable, somehow pouring wine out of an empty bottle. IDK.

Reactions: Death

Death

Race
Entity
Occupation
Death
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
@Skooter910 Sure thing! Sounds fun to have Death materialize onto Crowley doing something physics-breaking all "Do you have ANY idea what you're doing here?" As he is still all-free you can set it up any date April/May, wherever - doors don't keep Death away

pixel

scream into the void
Race
( ´ ▽ ` )
Occupation
graduate student
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link

hey @Death! so i've had my eye on this thread ever since you set it up, and wanted to pitch the idea of @Cinnabar meeting with death at some point? they're basically a super old, super lonely rock that tracks mercury everywhere they go, which indirectly leads to a lot of deaths in the process.

what i was thinking was that this could potentially lead to them meeting? like, either death finds the idea of someone causing so many deaths interesting enough to approach, or they just sort of 'bump' into each other as collateral damage along Cinnabar's endless quest to stay away from any other living creature (but not being able to help themselves sometimes).

let me know what you think! if you've got any ideas, or if this interests you, i'm open to anything really! cinnabar is known to be very wise, but afflicted with an extreme case of 'prickly on the outside but has good intentions' at the same time. i personally think an interaction between them and death would be pretty interesting to explore.

Last edited:

Bunny

The Family Disappointment
Occupation
Being Broke
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Organizer
link
Do you mind, if I throw @Jon Snow into the mix? He died recently on his home world. So, naturally, he's got some questions.​

Like, why was there no afterlife between his murder and resurrection?​

Honestly, who doesn't want to have a talk with the Grim Reaper! He's just doing his job. In any case, if Death doesn't sense him, defying the natural order, that is, Jon could go looking for him to get some answers.​

I think it could be a curious start.​

Jon also has a Direwolf named Ghost. So, there's that irony as well.​

Death

Race
Entity
Occupation
Death
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
As a matter of fact I had my eyes on @Cinnabar too when you apped them and just forgot about it, because my other kiddos are puny humans... so yes, they can very much meet! Maybe even become friends – Death does not judge and you certainly can't kill him with just about everything. He'd certainly look into a trail of mercury-poisoning-deaths since really, he knows his statistics, it's not THAT common. Prickly personalities don't stop him either, he is old as time and heard quite some things between.
I can set it up, if you'd tell me a good date and place in April/May!

@Jon Snow of course is welcome to try and search Death out in search of answers! Hunting him down might be a bit tricky, what with him teleporting everywhere due to total lack of any sense of direction – but well, he isn't exactly inconspicuous and calling for him determined enough has worked in the past too.
So if you set up a thread anytime April/May, wherever Jon thinks Death might be best found, he'll certainly show up!

Reactions: Bunny and pixel

pixel

scream into the void
Race
( ´ ▽ ` )
Occupation
graduate student
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link

sounds like a plan! it should be a great time, and i'm very excited for it. <3

cinnabar's free for all of april/may, so how does mid april sound (15th-ish, up to you on the specifics)? location-wise, i was thinking either windjammer cove or tremolo tunnel in rhapsody heights, both in centria. if that's okay with you, feel free to choose between them! i mainly just need an isolated location for cinnabar, so nothing super picky in terms of preference.

thanks so much for starting as well! i'm looking forward to threading with you.

Last edited:

Bunny

The Family Disappointment
Occupation
Being Broke
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Organizer
link

Thanks!

Pandora is such a big place. Then again, so is the Universe. No wonder struggles to find his way around. I'd feel lost to. If Death needs directions, maybe, Jon could point him in the right direction.​

As for a time and place, how does late May at the Fountain of Truth work for you? Figured, Jon would exhaust all his options, before resorting to calling on Death personally.​

Death

Race
Entity
Occupation
Death
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Oh Death has more than that, he wouldn't know up from down if not for gravity when you put him in closed rooms lol
But yes, late May works!

Reactions: Bunny

Liquid Infinitum

Say hello to my little friend
Race
Pure Bred
Occupation
Mafusio
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
How would Death feel about someone who can't technically die or isn't technically alive in the conventional sense in the first place, my girl Earth-Chan is a robotic Superhero whose always wanted a normal human life but is stuck the way she is. And that's the appearance of a 12-year-old girl despite the fact she's likely much older than that, she's usually quite friendly and might even intervene in Death's job of watching over those that die. Because she has the ability to sense calls of help from anyone, whether they speak it, think it or aren't even sure they need it so she might just show up to prevent a death that the guy is watching.

My other girl Latina is a Devil child, though looking at her you really wouldn't know that. The only thing that really points out that fact is the tiny horns hidden under the big bows on her hair, and her longevity compared to humans which aren't really noticeable. But she's a very nice girl and is always nice to those that are nice to her, she wouldn't likely blink at the robed figure. Might not even be a myth about him, at least in that look in her world. So she's always up for meeting new people, and she's a magic-user so if he wants some pointers or even a snack because she's a great cook too.

If you're looking for materials, the best that can be found by Naofumi Iwatani. While he'll know what the guy is just by looking at him, he'd likely be less inclined to freak out than most. But his abilities and the fact that he runs a business means he can help you acquire that limestone and vinegar you're looking for, he can also get the best quality out of them. Though he hopes you can pay him or offer something in trade, maybe offer him a piece of Death to add to his shield.

Death

Race
Entity
Occupation
Death
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Oh Death knows robots of any grade of intellect plenty, they actually out-populate the humans where he is from. Usually he ignores them, as there is no reason for them to interact – but Earth-chan is welcome to save someone from a close call and run into him there. Maybe mistake him for the one responsible?
For Latina I can't really think of a reason to meet – she sure sounds nice, but Death has little reason to search her if she isn't actively dying. And as much as he'd like some food, he can't actually consume it.
Naofumi sounds like a really good idea! Who wouldn't want a professional dealer for limestone – will get all the more interesting because Death doesn't really have any money (nor the means to acquire some) so the subject of payment would get really interesting. Though there's always the chance to strike up a deal.

Reactions: Liquid Infinitum

Current Season

Status Updates

I'LL FIGHT YOU ALL WITH MY BARE HANDS
How do I domesticate an adult griffin?

What do griffins eat?

What do griffins sleep on?
Orpheus replies coming up this week! Sorry to keep you guys waitin'
how do you go about telling your crush you like them? asking for a friend(the friend is me)
Word to the wise, if someone delivers flowers to you late at night, don't answer the door.

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mard123
Top Bottom