By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private degrees of control

Jaesa Willsaam

Star Wars
Race
Force-Sensitive Human
Occupation
Who the hell knows
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single and Sad
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

OCTOBER 10, 109

Jaesa sat in one of the two high-backed chairs in front of the fire, which was crackling merrily in the hearth and giving a bit of much-needed warmth to the room as the coastal air brought the temperatures plummeting in the evenings. The other chair was occupied by Rey, who had surprised her by knocking on the door about ten minutes ago. She hadn't seen the woman since meeting her in the common room below two nights earlier, and learning of the threat that loomed over her in this world. But as he seemed to have an odd knack of doing, Tamar had managed to put her at ease after she had confided in him about the news.

She didn't know what she'd have done in this world without him.

Rey had just begun to ask her a question when more knocking at the door cut her off. "Sorry," Jaesa murmured, rising to her feet. "I should get that." She gave a small apologetic smile, and then rounded the chair and crossed the room, pulling open the door and starting in surprise when she saw the blond standing in the hallway, though she didn't even know why she was surprised when he had been to see her practically every evening since she'd arrived.

"Tamar," she greeted, and her smile twitched just a little wider, though there was no inordinate amount of warmth to her tone. "I'm just talking with a friend at the moment."

Reactions: Rey Solo

Rey Solo

Star Wars
Race
Force-Sensitive human
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Married to Ben Solo
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Rey had been upset about the fact that this Jaesa didn't know her and looked at her like she was a stranger. She had confided it all to Connor afterwards and had let out all the emotional weight of it. She had been surprised about how much it had upset her, despite being glad to see Jaesa again after having realised she had gone.

Today, she had made the decision to come and see her on her way home from work. She wanted to see her again, to start building their friendship. Of course it would depend on whether Jaesa wanted that too, but they had been sat chatting quite nicely by the crackling fire. She had come with a suggestion too, in order to get Jaesa out of this inn from time to time. When she had come to the point of the conversation to offer up the job, there had been a knock at the door.

Rey furrowed her brow but just sat back, watching the door curiously to see who it might be.

Reactions: Jaesa Willsaam
S
S

Sauron

[box=#3b3333, none, 5px solid #000000]
[/box]

[box=#3b3333, none, 4px solid #000000]
He'd come to visit her -- to check on her, and how she had been settling in -- every day sinceshe had arrived. Love-struck, as he was meant to be, was it any surprise? And if to better serve his act, to better grow near the girl and soon have her trust and friendship,leading her down an inevitable path, were not enough justification for tthe use of his time, then there was this: It allowed him to keep on top f what it was Jaesa was doing here. Who it was she had been spending her time with, and speaking about.

Certainly, it had served him well enough, when just the other night she had turned to him, confessing her fears, speaking of the terrible foe from another life who still might be out there haunting this world. Looking for her.

He had reassured her of course. Eased her worries as much as he was able. Made sure she knew if ever shethought someone might be trying to do her harm, she could always come to him, always trust in him. He had done so much else for her already after all, hadn't he? He ertainly hoped she considered hm friend enough for that.

And with their previous conversation still lingering his mind, he had come to the girl today. He waited behind the door, leaning so casually up against the doorjamb as she opened it. The signs in her were subtle, but she was begining to warm to him -- even if her voice betrayed nothing, he could see it in just the way her smile twitched that much wider upon the sight of him. He was about to say his own greetings as well, yet the girl, however kept speaking on.

He blinked, "A friend?" he repeated, pushing himself more upright and glancing into the room, eyes landing upon the pair of chairs pulled over by the fire, before taking a step back. "Ah, I see..." he murmured, rubbing at the back of his neck, and glancing back down the hall, "If ths is a bad time I can go..."

A friend? Oh, but of course, this world could never let it be that simple...

[/box]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaesa Willsaam

Star Wars
Race
Force-Sensitive Human
Occupation
Who the hell knows
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single and Sad
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Friend was a word that felt odd slipping off Jaesa's tongue and she didn't really know if it could apply to Rey at all. Obviously, she and Rey had shared some kind of special friendship last time, but Jaesa remembered none of it. She remembered none of what had happened or what connection had formed that had prompted her to give Rey a lightsaber of all things, or to tell Rey about the one thing she had always been told to keep hidden.

She did believe Rey, because she knew how to tell when someone was outright lying and the other woman wasn't. She just... didn't know if she could consider Rey a friend at all yet. It just seemed the simpler way to reference her, standing here in the doorway.

Tamar seemed awkward at the mention of a friend being inside, as though he was afraid he'd just interrupted and his presence was unwanted. It made Jaesa feel guilty, after everything he'd done to help her. She could hardly turn him away just because she already had company, could she? "No, it's alright," she said quickly, glancing over her shoulder at where Rey sat. "Come in."

Stepping away from the door, she let the tall blond inside the room, before waving a hand with some awkwardness of her own between them. "Tamar, this is Rey. Rey, this is Tamar." She smiled a little. "He's the reason why I have a room to stay in at all." Of course, she would only consider how he'd done it to be kind, to help a newcomer to the world settle in. If she couldn't see the subtly controlling behaviours of her own Master back home, she certainly wouldn't be able to with Tamar.

Last edited:

Rey Solo

Star Wars
Race
Force-Sensitive human
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Married to Ben Solo
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Rey was surprised to hear Jaesa refer to her as a friend so easily, though maybe she had just taken her at her word. From what she knew, it would have been obvious that she did know Jaesa from her last time in Pandora. She continued to look at the door, feeling a little awkward as she began to suspect that she might be interrupting something here. She had not expected Jaesa to have company but she wasn't sure why she was surprised by it.

"Oh." She said, looking at the blonde man with a smile; she felt a little sheepish that it had not been her helping Jaesa get on her feet when she had first arrived in Pandora. It was nice to see Jaesa being helped by someone, and it only then occurred to her that it was strange she hadn't been at the shelter or in an actual home rather than an inn as a permanent residence. Well, she was going to be offering to help with that anyway with the suggestion of her coming to work at the shop. "Nice to meet you, Tamar." She was still sat down and though she wasn't sure what to do she looked like she might get up for a moment but instead then just shifted her body so that she could look at them both.

S
S

Sauron

[/box]

"Ah..." He hesitated for a moment as she insisted that it was alright, stepping aside and telling him to come in. That awkward look soon melted into a rather sheepish smile, as he stepped inside. "If you are certain..." Better, to gain some understanding of just who it was she was seeing, to know who came in and out of the girl's life. Already mention of her former appearance in this world had caused some...issue for him. Oh, of course he was able to turn that back to his own purposes, but that it had happened at all...

He took in the sight of the young woman seated by the fire. For a moment she seemed ready to push herself out of her seat, to leave both he and Jaesa to it, but seemed to change her mind. Instead she settled in, turning around to better face the two of them. Rey. The name he new from months past, when Jaesa had lost her memories and returned to him. This was the girl who had tried to bring her back, out of his grasp. And now he was to assume, this was the very friend that had warned Jaesa of him in the first place. How likely could it be, after all, that two from the girl's previous life appear here so soon after her arrival? He struggled with himself, to strangle down the irritation at meeting this woman face to face. The one now apparently who had made it her life's mission to interfere. But no. He kept his face schooled into blank unrecognition, focusing himself on the steady in-and-out of his breath. Jaesa stood just beside him, after all.

He bowed his head in acknowledgement of the woman, flashing her a charming smile, "The pleasure is mine." He said, "I am glad to see she is meeting others. Hopefully," he added lightly, "you will take to me far better than the innkeeper has."

[/box]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaesa Willsaam

Star Wars
Race
Force-Sensitive Human
Occupation
Who the hell knows
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single and Sad
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Jaesa stood beside the tall blond hunter as he entered the room, and gave him a sideways glance of concern as she sensed a faint tickle of irritation from the man that seemed quite at odds with everything else. "Is everything alright?" she asked quietly, frowning in concern. Perhaps he'd had a difficult and stressful day's hunting.

Certainly, the irritation didn't seem to be centred onto either of the two women, as the smile he presented to Rey was as friendly and pleasant as any that he had given to her, and Jaesa couldn't help the small smile on her own lips, because she was pleased that the two of them were meeting. Tamar meant a lot to her and she was... intrigued... by what could come of continuing to talk to Rey. She saw nothing at all wrong with the whole picture of the two of meeting. Why would she?

His light quip about the innkeeper made Jaesa's smile widen. It was a smile unlike any that she'd given to Rey in either of the two instances in which they had spoken before, because she felt like she could be warmer when Tamar was there. "She really doesn't like him," Jaesa unnecessarily added on, speaking to Rey as she moved further back into the room, though she didn't retake the other chair, leaving it for Tamar if he wanted. "It's a little amusing, I suppose, though I really can't imagine why she dislikes him so much." It was a mystery. One that she'd tried to discover from the woman herself only to receive a pat on the cheek.

Rey Solo

Star Wars
Race
Force-Sensitive human
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Married to Ben Solo
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Rey just smiled at the other man, feeling ever so slightly jealous that Jaesa seemed to be more at ease with him than she was with her, but she supposed that was to be expected, even if it did still sting a little.

It was strange to think the innkeeper didn't like him, and a odd really. "Oh, well I don't have any reason to dislike you." She said, unsure on how to approach that particular statement. From what she had seen, he had been nice enough to help Jaesa get on her feet here and he had probably been a better friend than she had been as of late, though she was still finding this all difficult.

"Well I knew Jaesa the last time she was her- it was a shock to see her back. But a welcome one." She smiled across at the other woman and then at Tamar.

S
S

Sauron

[/box]

Ah, and there it was, He turned to Jaesa quriking a brow as she asked him if all was well. "Of course," He replied, his head canting to the side as he turned towards her. He shook his head, before turning back to their new companion, absently rolling his shoulders as if a long day spent wandering -- a long day's worth of frustration

"Well, then I shall give you no reason to ." He said simply, dismissing his own offhanded comment with a simple wave of is hand, as though it were no more than a buzzing fly to be batted away. Moving further into the room, following Jaesa, Sauron noted she did not take her seat again, rather leaving it open for himself. Rather tan taking it however, he merely folded his arms across the high back of one, leaning forward against it as he regarded Rey.

"Ah! So you are the friend she's told me about." The Fallen Maia said, "That seems to be what make-up the fabric of this world at times, isn't it? Shock and surprise..."

[/box]

Jaesa Willsaam

Star Wars
Race
Force-Sensitive Human
Occupation
Who the hell knows
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single and Sad
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
She took him at his word, giving a faint smile before she stood off to the side, until Tamar simply stood behind the empty chair instead of in it like she'd given him room to do. Moving over, Jaesa sat back in the chair, back pressed against the cushioning, Tamar's arms folded just behind her head.

"My own shock was the discovery that I've been here before," Jaesa admitted, with a light shrug of her shoulders. She still had a very small smile on her lips from Rey's assessment that she doubted she would dislike Tamar. It would have meant a lot to her for them to get along. She was hoping to become friends - again...? - with Rey, and Tamar was certainly her closest friend in this world. It would have been awkward if conflict brewed between them.

"But it's nice to know that I had such nice people around me last time," she continued. She didn't know who else had been her friend - the idea of having multiple friends was a bizarre one to the padawan - but even if she had only been close to Rey, the other woman was nice enough that she thought her previous self lucky. "Weren't you about to ask me something before Tamar arrived?"

Rey Solo

Star Wars
Race
Force-Sensitive human
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Married to Ben Solo
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Rey had no reason to dislike Tamar, she might have been a little bit jealous of how at ease the pair seemed but that was all it stretched to. She had no reason to think anything otherwise. So, she just smiled at both in turn, surprised that Jaesa had mentioned her to anyone else at all. She would rather she hadn't, but she supposed she had not sworn her to secrecy; she could not help her being curious, yet Rey could not help the feeling she would rather not be known by anyone except a select few in this world anymore.

"It is a strange place." Rey acknowledged, not wanting to go into the fabric of this place much beyond that because Pandora had taken a lot from her. It had given, in the form of her relationships and her jobs, but it had taken much too. She was just grateful she still had Connor and Kylo, or she was not sure what she would do.

"Oh yes!" She had completely forgotten with the introductions, "I wanted to help you here and I thought the best way to do that would be to offer you a job, at my shop." She wrung her hands a little nervously inamongst each other, "It wouldn't be anything difficult and it would pay well; I'd show you what to do." She paused, "You don't have to of course, but I wanted to make the offer."

S
S

Sauron

[/box]

"...But it's nice to know that I had such nice people around me last time,"

Indeed. Niceenough to somehow appear once more out of the woodwork when he'd thought he'd gotten the girl alone and seperated from those she had known before. Here, in thisof all places! Nice enough to warn the girl of her past, to interfere and put her on edge with the awareness of just what sought to find her in this world.

He had himself to blame, of course, as much as anyone else, in assuming the he need not prepare for such an instance. It had been dealt with, of course, yet the fact that it had come up at all...

It seemed, however that even not, the woman was not yet finished in her intrusion ito Sauron's plans, however. A job? A kindness he was sure she thought it. To help her in getting to stand on her own two feet in this world, as much as his own payments for this very room were meant to appear.

She would pull the girl even further from his grasp...

He stifled down his own agitation. Only canting his head to the side as he watched the two young women before him.

[/box]
((oh god >.< and this is me, suddenly realizing, "Oh, wait, I haven't posted here yet?" I am so sorry for holding this thread up y'all!))

Jaesa Willsaam

Star Wars
Race
Force-Sensitive Human
Occupation
Who the hell knows
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single and Sad
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Jaesa froze in the motion of pushing her fringe away from her face as Rey explained that she wanted to offer her a job. Somehow, that had been the last thing she'd expected.

"A... job?" she repeated, as though the very concept was alien. It wasn't, not really. Her childhood had been spent training for the inevitability that she would be employed by House Organa in her own right as a servant and a handmaiden, after all, at least before talks had begun of marrying her to a young Organa lord. She'd grown up not only expecting a life of hard work but having it essentially all mapped out for her.

But after being swept up by Master Karr, a job hadn't been on the cards. Jedi didn't take employment or take money for their services like common mercenaries. And here? Jaesa had done a few simple tasks in return for a small bit of money, usually around the inn - tasks that had come naturally to her with her upbringing as a daughter of servants - but she hadn't even considered a proper job. There was a lot she hadn't considered, a lot she didn't understand. Navigating a life alone was difficult. It was lucky, really, that she had Tamar, and Rey.

"It would be nice to earn my own money," she mused slowly. Then, twisting in her seat, she looked up at her friend behind her. "What do you think, Tamar?" she asked. She didn't even consider the possibility that it might seem strange, asking someone else about a decision that should really have been hers alone. She valued Tamar's input. "You'll finally be able to stop haemorrhaging money into this inn for me." She smiled up at him.

Rey Solo

Star Wars
Race
Force-Sensitive human
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Married to Ben Solo
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Rey smiled encouragingly at Jaesa, though wasn't completely sure why she sought advice from Tamar. It was only a job after all; everyone here seemed to get one in some form or another. Rey still just tried to look as settled with the offer as she could; she wanted Jaesa to come and work with her, but she wouldn't push it if she did not want to.

"You could start out a few days a week and build it up?" Rey suggested, wondering if Jaesa was a little overwhelmed with the idea of a full time job, "Have you seen the flower shop?" She asked Tamar then; she knew she had not seen him inside the shop, but perhaps he had passed it.

Current Season

December, January, February
Click here for the winter updates

Status Updates

THE MUSE IS BACK!!! kind of. it's a process alsjfhalsjfhjasf. older threads are coming to me as a bit of a struggle, but i don't plan on dropping things. ♥ that said, if any of my partners are not feeling old things, now is definitely the opportunity to let me know and we can do something brandy new instead!
((this silly bby has a super cool and sad animated movie out !! if anyone who wants to watch, let me know and i'll give u links <3 <3 ))
You would think if someone invested in man-eating plants for a greenhouse they would think to warn people ahead of time...

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jolyne Cujoh
Top Bottom