By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private digging up skeletons, turning over rocks

Wen Ning

Mo Dao Zu Shi
Species
Fierce Corpse
link
August 11 - @Callum

The adjustment period had been ... something. Whether it was the adjustment to being conscious and having free will or the adjustment to Pandora itself, but then ... he supposed the latter wasn't anything at all. There was nobody left. There was no family to go home to and more likely than anything was the idea of Wei Wuxian being dead, which hurt. It hurt Wen Ning's dead heart to consider that the person he owed everything to was dead, the person that his beloved sister, the remnants of his sect, had died for. The idea that it had all been for nothing.

If he thought too hard about it, Wen Ning struggled to go on. He couldn't cry through it, so he just hurt and hurt and hurt, and it felt healthier to spin the reality of it all, to put it in a positive light, to see what he could do to honor his fallen friend, his fallen master, his sister, his people, his world. Everything that he had ever known.

Before his death, what he had known was cultivation. It was what he had been meant to know, at least, and while he no longer had a golden core to speak of and he no longer had the ability to utilize his spiritual energy, Wen Ning still had knowledge of spirits, a desire to help, a desire to save lives, solve mysteries. And here in Pandora, that was really what it all came down to, wasn't it? That was why he had found himself at that little travel home, following a tip from a panicked man who had insisted upon hauntings. Dark spirits playing cruel tricks on others, sending a his wife into a frenzy of utter madness. Robed in black, the fierce corpse stepped into the establishment, the man scurrying after him, practically on his heels as he gestured quietly toward a closed door, a door the culprit was supposedly behind.

"Thank you. I'll take it from here," he said softly, turning his head to give the man a slight nod of the head that he only hoped might be a little bit reassuring, but his eyes fixed on him a moment longer as though waiting for him to go. It took a moment, but the man eventually took the hint, scurrying backward and disappearing out the door.

Turning his attention back to the door in question, Wen Ning hesitated and then reached out with his hand, pushing the door open just a little bit, just enough to peer inside. No sign of anybody yet. He pushed a bit more, took a step inside, black eyes peeled for any small sign of movement.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Callum

Callum

The Dragon Prince
Species
Human
Occupation
Student / Mage
Alignment
Neutral Good

Callum scratched his chin. A Pokemon that had been under the weather from the daycare curled up at his feet— An Eevee. Nestled atop of it sat an assortment of Adoraburr, his constant companions since arriving in Pandora. His attention tore between two different papers. His old sketchbook— now spellbook— and a mess of runes and a half-finished portrait.

It wasn't really going well, but then there'd been an itch under his skin for days. Since seeing Rayla again, maybe? Or maybe before that? He wants to figure something out. Being so far away from Xadia meant even with a Sky Arcanum he couldn't really learn Sky Magic. Not without a teacher. Maybe if he stared at the runes he'd seen in the Moon Nexus or searched for the meaning of sky more he'd figure something more out— A more flexible meaning of sky? How to use his wing even without draconic spells? Maybe?

He's not sure, but it's gotten his attention. Helping at the Pokemon nursery gave him a little money and at least until Schola started its regular term again he had a little more time. Callum didn't think he was bothering anyone with his attempted spells. Mostly wind, since lightning indoors probably wouldn't mix. He stayed in the room, did lots of studying, played with some Pokemon, and practiced magic.

Unassuming mage things.

Or so he thought.

He didn't really hear the door open. He's too busy concentrating on the easel before him. A bright, stormy knight dots the canvas. He's staring at it hopefully, but it's when the door creaks that he jumps up. The Eevee is stirred awake, growling at being woken. The Adoraburr, meanwhile, tremble as they begin to crawl up his pant leg.

Rounding towards the opened door, he stumbled over the low-sitting bench he'd been on and blinked rapidly. "Uh—hello? Hi," He echoed uncertainly, "um. This is... my room... right?" It'd been the room he'd been in for the last week or so, he thinks, but maybe he got into the wrong one. It was possible. Or maybe the owner of the building decided he didn't pay enough and gave it to someone else. But weren't there like rules about letting a "kid" be on their own around here...?

• Huh
Reactions: Wen Ning

Wen Ning

Mo Dao Zu Shi
Species
Fierce Corpse
link
Poking his head around the door, it took Wen Ning a moment to find the source of the quiet frenzy that seemed to follow the appearance of his presence in the room. A fluffy brown creature with large ears like a rabbit, although it was plain as day to the Fierce Corpse that this creature was, in fact, not a rabbit at all. More curious were the little colorful balls of fluff that crawled their way up the pant leg of who must have been none other than the fiend in question.

He looked ... positively terrifying.

Only, he didn't. He looked small and awkward and Wen Ning found his cautiousness dimming and giving way for confusion as he blinked his black eyes owlishly at him. He wasn't what he expected. He wasn't menacing or dark or a terrifying monster the way he had been described and in that moment, the would-be cultivator wondered silently to himself whether or not he had the wrong room. And yet the man he had sent back outside had been so certain of himself.

"Um ..."

Wen Ning hesitated.

"... You're not what they said you would be."

• Sweat

Callum

The Dragon Prince
Species
Human
Occupation
Student / Mage
Alignment
Neutral Good

The young teenager's mouth curved into an uncertain frown. The guy before him seemed as confused to see him as Callum felt. Maybe the keeper really did forget someone was staying in here...? He hadn't been out since last night, he guessed, but still he thought they kept records of that kind of thing for a reason. Like not letting...People wander into other rooms, maybe?

"Uh— huh?"

Callum's response is immediate gibberish. Not what they said you would be? What was he supposed to be? He hadn't said he was anything other than a mage to anyone and it's not like he screamed it from the rooftops... Well, okay, he did tell just about anyone who would listen to it in excitement as much. But mages were a dime a dozen in this place, no one was surprised to see a human mage so he only quietly vibrated. A lot.

A beat. "Am I supposed to be something?" He inquired readily instead, "I can be whatever you want! I've got an amazing Earthblood Elf! Here, let me show you!" He didn't wait for an answer, seemingly moving in a fluid, practiced motion as he picked up a worn cloak and some branches. He spun in what could only be called an attempted transformation— The eevee made a whine as it bounced back. In seconds he's adorned the cloak, gotten grass at the wrists and necklines, and somewhat lopsided branches for horns headband.

"Allo there, mate!" He remarked cheerily, in his finest accent, "How's it there going? I'm just a happy Earthblood Elf here, enjoying this fine inn!"

If Rayla saw him right now she'd be groaning in despair.

• Eyes
Reactions: Wen Ning

Wen Ning

Mo Dao Zu Shi
Species
Fierce Corpse
link
Whatever expectations Wen Ning had stepped into this room with flew out the window and quite aggressively at that. The boy was far from anything he had pictured and as the seconds ticked on past, things only seemed to get stranger and stranger. There was, of course, the question of what on earth an Earthblood Elf was, but then, it didn't seem as though he necessarily needed to ask. In one fluid motion, the boy picked up a worn cloak and some branches - where had he even gotten branches? - and spun around as though once their eyes locked again, he would be something new.

And he ... wasn't. He was the same boy with his dark hair, his colorful clothes, just with added grasses and branches on his head. Suddenly, Wen Ning felt silly for bouncing back in unison with the cute little brown bunny, his dark eyes wide as he took a slight step forward again.

As though things could still get stranger, he changed his voice next and the fierce corpse could only seem to react by staring stupidly at him, his lips parting. His eyes flicked to the right toward the little bunny creature like it might have an answer for what was happen, but then wordlessly his gaze was flicking back again.

"What if you ... twisted around and turned into a menacing ghost?" he eventually asked slowly as though testing the waters. Maybe that was it. Maybe he had put on some sort of show and somebody had seen it as something it wasn't at all. All Wen Ning really knew was that the longer he stood here, the more certain he was that this was all a great big misunderstanding and it was, well ... embarrassing. It was truly embarrassing and a part him hoped the silly, otherwise innocent boy would show some truly dark colors for the sake of his dignity.

• Sweat

Callum

The Dragon Prince
Species
Human
Occupation
Student / Mage
Alignment
Neutral Good

AUGUST 11 Y109

The strange man didn't seem at all enthused. Callum didn't understand why. He made a great Earthblood Elf! Maybe his branches were lopsided. Frowning to himself, he reached up to adjust the headband for himself. Nope, seemed to be in place, he thought. Maybe he didn't know what an Earthblood Elf was? He refused to believe he'd met one and thought his impression was bad— It definitely couldn't be that.

Callum's eyes followed the man's as the went to the Eevee. The Pokemon in question looked disgruntled, but seemed to accept its fate. At least it moved away to curl up on the farside of the easel, the Adoraburrs catching a ride on its back so they could all go back to napping. The boy blinked dumbly himself as he turned his attention back to the man. Huh?

"I've never met a ghost before. Well, I've never met an Earthblood Elf either but I've met other elves..."
Callum considered openly, making a face as he shifted his weight, "when you say menacing do you mean ghost that throws around your stuff? Or ghost that screams at you. I don't think I could do that one. Maybe the moving stuff one with a wind spell? I think." He seems intent on getting it right, at least, but it definitely sounds like he's never been a ghost before.

@Wen Ning

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

//Setting Wednesday as my next posting day, see you all soon <3 //
Sorry for being so absent, my loves!! Life has been crazy, as usual :( I will hopefully be back soon, thank you for being so patient with me <333
posts coming this week! things have been h e c t i c so thank you for the patience with me <3

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iknik Blackstone Varrick
Top Bottom