By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Dining With Droids

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Carter J. Burke

Alien
The Company Man
Species
Human
Height
5'10″
Occupation
Trader / Salesman
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

December 26th, Year 110
Radical Pointe, Ark City
Participants: @Scaramouche / @One-One

Eating out at a Chinese restaurant during the holiday season was something that Carter Burke was hardly unfamiliar with. It was, in fact, a custom he’d taken part of ever since he was a kid. The family gatherings that came with the territory might have been a real pain to put up with but the delicious food almost made up for that, and now that he thankfully had no relatives around to tease or nag him at the table, going out to eat seemed all the more appealing. Being stuck in Pandora, he decided, was no reason to call it quits on the old tradition.

Perhaps he was a day late in seeking out his restaurant of choice, but Burke had found himself strolling through Radical Pointe nevertheless. Out on the streets the crowds were sparse, which he suspected was due to the more-than-moderately chilly weather. Despite just how cold it was, the snowfall wasn’t heavy, at least - while the environment demanded he wear a coat and gloves, it probably wouldn’t be too much of a chore to drive home if it stayed the same.

Burke continued along the sidewalk, eyeing each restaurant as he passed by. He paused momentarily as he arrived at Ryu Tenchi, considering a change of plans and going for some Japanese cuisine instead, but he hated to waste an opportunity to use the IOU he’d received from the trio of trouble on the previous evening. Scaramouche and One-One may have excelled in the annoying department, but it was impossible not to think that their little gift was generous. He only hoped the alleged ticket to a free meal wouldn’t end up revealing itself as a cruel prank, but he supposed if it turned out to be one then he deserved it for trusting the bolt-brains.

He was preparing to turn a corner when he spotted the camper across the street in all its tacky glory. Burke stopped dead in his tracks, then pulled the IOU from his pocket. A glance from the address on the card to the trailer had him quickly realizing that whether he liked it or not, he’d arrived at his destination. “Y-you’ve gotta be kidding me,” Burke muttered to himself as he reluctantly crossed over to the parked vehicle. It sure looked about as trustworthy to him as a Scoops Ahoy ice cream truck, and the mere thought those made his stomach squirm.

Hoping against all odds that he wouldn’t end up with a lousy case of food poisoning after everything was said and done, Burke took a deep breath and sat on one of the stools by the open window.
Maybe, if he was lucky, the food wouldn’t be so bad.

Last edited:

One-One

Infinity Train
The Ball of Mixed Emotions
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Robot
Occupation
None Whatsoever!
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
After a splendid day of celebrating Christmas and spending a merry time with the family, it seemed that a significant portion of the population had decided that they were far too tired to cook! Holiday spirit really took it out of organics! Miss Millie's little ramen shop had received more than a few delivery orders, which meant that the shop was down by two robots! The last robot standing stood near the serving window, staring woefully out towards the sky and watching the fluffy clouds go by. Wherever daddy was in this wide city, he hoped the taller robot and his depressed twin were alright!

Imagine, if they were to become lost on this concrete jungle! Or, what if delivery orders was a trap all along, and the next time the phone rang it'd be with a ransom demand on the other line?! What if daddy wound up delivering to a surprise birthday party, and was invited along with the festivities?! Ooh, now that was a possibility he'd surely enjoy! Brightening up a tad, Glad-One wriggled softly. "I hope he brings me back a slice of chocolate cake with two scoops of vanilla ice cream~!"

Oh, but what's this? Did his optic deceive him, or was that the telltale sound of somebody approaching the camper? A shadow streaked by the window and sure enough, a person settled themselves into one of the stools. Right, right! It was time to get to work! Perking up on all four nubs, Glad-One puffed his chest out as best he could before he revealed himself to their latest customer by skittering out of the window and onto the sprawling metal counter.

"A-hem-hem-hem~!" Pretending to clear his throat, Glad-One's single optic squinted pleasantly at their lovely customer. "Welcome to House of the Ten Fists~! I'm Glad-One, and I will be your conductor today~!" Despite how familiar and rehearsed his introduction was, the little 'bot still couldn't resist a happy giggle. "Since you have already found yourself a seat, may I interest you in a menu?" At last, he actually opened his optic fully to get a good look at their guest. It took all of two seconds for him to gasp.

"Oh! Mr. Carter! Why, what a lovely surprise!" He skittered closer, although he refrained from getting too close to the man. The last time they'd seen each other could have ended on better terms, but it was clear that everything was water under the bridge for Glad-One. He couldn't hold a grudge, even if he was given a bag to carry it in! In truth, the reason he kept his distance was due to being 'on the job' rather than hard feelings about their last little visit. "What brings you here? Oh, if you're looking for daddy, he's out on delivery! I can keep you company 'til he returns! A-and if you still want a menu, I can grab that for you too!" He practically wriggled with anticipation. Daddy was going to be so excited! His twin... less so. But that's a problem for later. Now was the time to be a proper host!

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Samurai Jack
The Assassin with the Sassin'
Species
Android
Height
8'
Occupation
"Problem" Solver
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
The spirit of Christmas had always been an... odd topic around the ramen bar. When shops closed for the holidays and people went home to their families, Camille put on her apron and fished out the hot pot. When the snowswept streets no longer sounded of foot traffic and airy laughter, she put up the paper lanterns in hopes of beckoning wayward souls over likes moths to flame. Cardamom and vanilla danced with garlic cloves and sesame oil. Bells jingled and teased after every industrious peal of bamboo striking carbon steel.

It was a work day like any other, ordinary and indifferent. She had never needed a reason to celebrate a holiday largely unknown to her.

Until now.

"I hope he brings me back a slice of chocolate cake with two scoops of vanilla ice cream~!"

"Oh yeah~?" Green eyes peered up from the slender rows of barbequed pork and shredded wood ear, a rosy smile finding life not far above them. "I hope so, too," Camille replied, chuckling softly to herself. "I could really, really go for some chocolate." Something about the mouthwatering aroma of fresh gingerbread and cinnamon made her crave a bite of something rich.

Perhaps, if she were lucky, a certain pain in her neck would have the forethought to bring home a warm cup of hot cocoa and a strip of peppermint bark to satisfy the beast gnawing in her stomach.

The blonde pursed her lips and humorously wondered what such 'generosity' would cost her this time.

Camille was fortunate, but she wasn't that fortun --

Tok...
Tok...
Tok...​

Oop! Showtime.

Like clockwork, Glad-One was hot on the case, his jovial nature and penchant for cheer an uplifting balm against winter's sunless bite. He also looked super darling in doggy costumes.

She snuck a peek at his little, wiggly shrimp tail and nearly choked on her own spit from giggling. "H-Hm...~!" Best. Decision. Ever. His dad just didn't know a good thing even if it skittered up to his face and bit on him that gigantic beak, the spoilsport.

"Oh! Mr. Carter! Why, what a lovely surprise!"

...Hm?

Did this mysterious Mr. Carter and Glad-One know each other, then?

Nose itching, Camille finished laying out the dough wrappers and called out from the kitchen, "Hi, welcome! Be with you in a minute!" For now, it sounded like Glad-One had a keen grasp of the situation.

Carter J. Burke

Alien
The Company Man
Species
Human
Height
5'10″
Occupation
Trader / Salesman
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Oh boy. He should have known better to figure out that anything recommended by that troublesome threesome was going to end up as some kind of rude prank. Ever since the fateful moment that bipolar ball had crash landed onto his gut he’d been offered pretty much nothing from them but annoyance and grief. He still regretted entering that eating contest. Sometimes he even went as far as to think that he would have been better off being teased to no end by that pig-nosed Private instead of accepting the challenge and nabbing first place.

There was no point in looking back on that now, though. What was done was done, and he didn’t feel like spoiling his appetite by reflecting on how uncomfortable he’d felt that day. Instead, he was going to focus on the current issue, which was that he was waiting outside in the cold at a questionable looking food truck as opposed to the warmth of an expensive indoor restaurant. Additionally, though the camper was clearly up and running, there was nobody waiting to take his order. This kind of customer service was most definitely another red flag. Still, the advertised dishes didn’t look all bad. Burke drummed his fingers against the counter as he stared up at the various posters of Chinese food inside the kitchen and wondered what to order, should the owner ever come out of hiding.

He’d just skimmed the appetizers when the tapping sound of skittering broke the silence. Oh no. Burke held his breath, glanced down at the counter, and there he saw it. One of those pesky half-spheres had crawled out from the kitchen to give its unwelcome greeting, like how a spider might have done so to ruin a tea party. Suddenly, Burke felt a bit like Miss Muffet, only he was the male, coffee-favoring alternative. “One,” he stated the bot’s name in a reluctant greeting, giving a slightly defeated sigh as it soon realized who it was speaking to. “Ah, I...I should’ve known. This is your snack truck, huh? Yours and ‘Mouche’s. A real surprise, indeed.” Though less lovely according to him. Burke had to restrain his eyes from rolling to the back of his head. It was just like that sneaky synthetic to invite him to his own property without advertising it as his own.

He wished he could turn tail and run, but of all three bots he’d hated to disappoint this One the most and his stomach was audibly growling now, so any lie about not being hungry wouldn’t exactly be convincing. “Oh, uh...I came here ‘cause traditions are hard to break. I always have a hankering for Chinese food this time of the year.” He smiled a little, but at the mention of Scaramouche it faded quickly. “No, no,” he said defensively, “I’m here for a quick bite to eat and then I’m heading out, okay? So yes, a menu please.

The female’s voice coming from the kitchen caught his attention. “Hey, who’s the kitchen lady?” Burke asked cautiously, fearing the answer was going to be exactly what he expected. He wouldn’t put it past Scaramouche to take on a woman’s voice to give him a false sense of security and then surprise him afterwards.
“And uh, come to think of it, what happened to your brother?”

Last edited:

One-One

Infinity Train
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Robot
Occupation
None Whatsoever!
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"Oh yeah~? I hope so, too, I could really, really go for some chocolate."

"Mmm~!" Stomping excitedly in place, Glad-One's little shrimp costume began to wriggle upon his back, the tail looking as if it were wagging with joy! "Perhaps if we yodel loud enough, daddy will hear us talking about cake and will think to bring some back for us!" A novel idea, though Carter Burke's appearance meant that such a thing would need to be shelved! They couldn't exactly yodel while trying to serve the man, could they? ...Okay, technically they could, but Glad-One would rather not irk the man! Again...

"Oh, you remember me!" Once again, he gave a happy wriggle and caused his shrimp costume to wriggle along with him. "How one-derful, hehe~!" Glad-One even did a happy little turn about before he adjusted to properly face their customer once again. "Actually, no! We just work here. But you're right, it is surprising!" He skittered a little closer, and his gleeful voice dropped to a soft whisper. "Between you and me, this is my first job!" First one that he could remember at least! Optic shifting to resemble a little crescent moon, he squinted up at Carter Burke. "How am I doing?" Be honest! ... Maybe not too honest, though.

Chinese food during Christmas? Well, the little robot couldn't exactly say it was strange. They had been quite busy this time of year, and it wasn't like he was the authority on Christmas! Maybe that's why Chinese and Christmas both started with a 'Ch'! "Oh, traditions are lovely." A shame to see the fledgling smile drop so fast. Glad-One cocked to the side curiously, his little shrimp companion mimicking the movement. What a curious man Carter Burke was, but he'd given the proper input for the little bugger! One menu, coming up!

Wandering back to his little 'hiding spot' to the side of the counter, Glad-One approached the container holding a stack of the paper menus. He reared back and grabbed hold of one with his wee nubs. With a tug, some elbow grease, and a grunt of effort, he held the freed menu aloft as if it were Excalibur and carried it over his head proudly. As he reached Carter's side again, he offered the menu to him. "Ha ha~! For you, Mr. Carter!"

“Hey, who’s the kitchen lady?”

"Hm?" Glad-One's optic blinked at the man. Kitchen lady? What? "...Oh! Ehehe, you must mean Miss Millie~!" Kitchen lady's name was spoken with the deepest reverence and love, comparable to the way he spoke of dear old dad! "She's the owner, and she cooks such yummy, tasty food! You're going to enjoy every bite, I promise~!" Making himself comfy, he decided to sit upon the counter and didn't seem liable to leave anytime soon! "And he's with daddy! They're handling the food deliveries." There was no telling how long the two would be gone. Would Carter have the chance to order his food and vamoose before they arrived? Or would they come right around the corner and start giving the man ye olde cardiac arrest? Now that was a truly lovely surprise for the man.

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Samurai Jack
Species
Android
Height
8'
Occupation
"Problem" Solver
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral

"Perhaps if we yodel loud enough, daddy will hear us talking about cake and will think to bring some back for us!"

The blonde tried her hardest not to playfully wince. Like, her very hardest. "I think if we yodel at all," Camille smiled, lovingly straightening the felt tippity-tips of Glad-One's 'uniform', "your dad would just pitch in and cause a natural disaster, like murdering Mommy's poor eardrums." She wished she was joking. (If anyone was curious, cotton balls were a must-have; on karaoke nights especially.)

"Now go on," she urged the little gremlin, gently nudging his wiggly shrimp butt-butt. So cuuuuuute...!! "Tend to our guest and show the world your stuff. Oh, and don't forget, Your Royal Munchkiness: we're using the seasonal holiday menu until the end of the month, and today's special is Aunt Bei-Bei's crispy chicken wontons." Seriously, who could beat eight scrumptious deep-fried or baked homemade morsels for only 5.99? 3.99 with the purchase of a valid entrée?

Nobody, that's who, and Camille carried the distinction with pride. There was no finer food truck in all the land! No finer deals of authentic Sinosphere cuisine! And it belonged solely to none other than the greatest wok chef hers --

"This is your snack truck, huh? Yours and ‘Mouche’s."

What...? No!! No, she REFUSED. The only things that loudmouthed dodo bird owned was a monstrous debt and those ugly, garish ruby slippers!

Glad-One wouldn't get to explain much more than that, because a five-fingered friend latched itself right above his lone optic before it firmly -- b-but also gently!! -- scooted the cheery skitterbug further down the bar. Away from the man who was about to be served.

Screeeeeeeeeech! Think she'll be written up for child abuse...?

At last, Company Man and Kitchen Lady had come vis-à-vis, where the only language either of them understood was the seductive crinkling of cold, hard cash. And, if she had it her way, the shrewd five-foot-four woman was going to drain him for every cent he had, right down to the very. Last. Penny. Camille suddenly leaned forward against the bar and practically jammed her face into Mr. Carter's.

Power move?

Power move.

"Ahem. Welcome to House of the Ten Fists," she 'greeted' him, her eyes dangerously narrowed. Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Carter would detect a hint of murderous green flickering between those pinched lashes. "My name is Camille, and this..." The woman paused to scrunch her face into a sour, almost comical pout. If he so much as dared to insinuate that a certain android was rubbing off on her, someone was going to get punched. Hard. "...'kitchen lady'," she labored to speak, "is the proud owner of only the finest and most delicious ramen bar your chilly, grumpy butt will ever have the pleasure of knowing. You won't find better tonkotsu or hot pot in all of Pandora, I guarantee it." If her breath was any hotter, it would've singed the baby hair off Mr. Carter's shapely curls.

But, why go through such great lengths when a faithful pepper could do it for her?

Satisfied with having avenged her late uncle ('Mouche owning anything of actual responsibility... HAH!), Camille drew back and straightened out the errant folds in her apron. She then reached for a nearby remote, her gaze still a pair of judgmental slivers, and gave the small device a casual -- clik!

Wrrrrrrrrrr...

A space heater roughly two meters away from Mr. Carter immediately sprang to life and began oscillating slowly left to right. In about two to three minutes, he'd almost forget it was winter. And, in two to three more, the man would be ordering an ice-cold beverage to cool himself down.

He could, of course, ask to turn the heater off, but then how would he fend off the cold, you ask? Why, with more hot food and a bottle of warm sake to put a little fire in his belly!

She had this down to a science.

"Here at House of the Ten Fists," the blonde sniffed, "we also like to make certain our esteemed patrons do not freeze in the cold as they enjoy what is a most satisfying and well-spent experience." After all, she can't make an honest living off a bunch of frozen stiffs. (Not legally, anyway...)

The very thought of peepsicles seated at her bar, on her stools, had Camille's insides twisting into knots. Her fierce act dropped, but only for a moment. "I, u-um, believe my wonderful half-of-an-employee was about to hand you our holiday menu," the woman spoke up, clearing her throat. Mr. Carter saw and heard nothing. "No doubt you wish to peruse our humble wares and place an order. But, until then..."

Her body language softened, all intensity melting away as with the fallen snow surrounding Mr. Carter's feet, and Camille no longer looked as if she was a hangry tigress about to invite an antelope to dinner.

She now looked like a crocodile floating lazily about in a river, wondering if that same antelope was arrogant enough to yet again stick its dirty, little hoof in its mouth.

Until then, however, it was back to business as usual.

"May I get you something to drink?"

((Oh yeah, Camille definitely likes Carter. :p))

Carter J. Burke

Alien
The Company Man
Species
Human
Height
5'10″
Occupation
Trader / Salesman
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

His features scrunched up at the pun, which was clearly intentional and just a tad groan-worthy, but he couldn’t quite bring himself to follow through and respond in the way that he normally would. The wobbling shrimp costume on the half-sphere’s body was a bit on the amusing side, to the point that Burke had to suppress a chuckle, settling for a half smile instead. “How could I not?” he answered One’s question, giving his head a little shake afterwards. “You two are...you’re just about the most unique pair...uh...trio of robots I’ve ever met.” Thankfully two of the three were absent, and the most tolerable One was all he had to contend with. He only hoped that he would remain bearable after he responded to the second question.

“Huh,” Burke scratched his chin and thought about telling the truth for a moment, but as he figured it might be too blunt, he settled for his usual lying behavior. “I’d say uh...I’d say you’re doing about adequate.” It was a small fib, so it was probably harmless. Furthermore, he figured it’d be for the better not to upset the happy little guy, or else he might cry tears of oil onto the menu he was waiting to receive and make it rather difficult and messy to read. Again, it was difficult not to laugh as the bot crawled over to grab a menu, what with the shrimp tail bobbing up and down, but he managed.

“You know, the thing about Hanukkah is, so much of it’s centered around the family gatherings,” Burke explained once the half-a-bot handed him the menu. “But being stuck in this Box tends to change that.” He smirked as if to show he was pleased with that outcome. “And I for one can do without the cheek-pinching aunties. Though nobody ever could make those jelly donuts as well as my Aunt Tina did.” If he didn’t look hungry enough after making mention of those yummy sufganiyah, another rumble came from his stomach to prove it. It was really time to get this show on the road. “Miss Millie, huh…?” Burke mused out loud, pausing shortly after as he started putting two and two together. “Hold on, wait a second. You mentioned a mother...”

And here she came, right on cue. Burke hadn’t expected the kitchen lady to be so petite or look so fierce. Nor did he think that she’d shove her presumed robo-son aside like he was a piece of lifeless scrap. And least of all did he anticipate that she’d break personal boundaries without a thought. Burke found himself leaning back a little as he found that they were nearly nose to nose.

“Uh, hi...”

But miss Millie, or Camille as she’d so formally introduced herself, had hardly seemed to take a hint. Or rather, she refused to. Burke could only gawk at her, dumbfounded as she described her ramen bar through gritted teeth. No doubt she’d been offended by that ‘kitchen lady’ quip and was attempting to make up for lost ground with one hell of an introduction. And boy, had she succeeded.

He felt assured that the discomfort would have ended as soon as she stepped away, but one click of a remote button later he knew he was in for a day. “You know, I don’t think that’ll be necessary, I’m pretty bundled up as is…” Burke argued weakly, taking a quick glance down at his menu in hopes to quickly find something to order so he could get out of here and fast. The moment his eyes fell upon the chicken wontons he knew what to do. Once Miss Millie had finished her monologue, at least. It was really unnerving how easily she switched from tense to relaxed in the blink of an eye.

“Yeah, soda…a soda’s fine. Even better if you’ve got Diet.” Burke said, returning his attention to the menu. “Aunt Bei-Bei’s crispy chicken wontons...eight for 5.99...” he thought out loud, bracing himself for how she’d react to what he was about to say next.
“Hey, isn’t that just a little expensive?”

Last edited:

One-One

Infinity Train
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Robot
Occupation
None Whatsoever!
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"Goodness! Well, we can't have that, can we?" As his mom fussed with his costume, straightening it out so nicely, Glad-One leaned into Camille's touch and bumped against her gently. Fun as it would be to have a family yodel fest, they simply could not risk mommy's tender ears! "No yodeling. We'll just think really hard so that he can hear it!" Robot ESPN, activate!

"You've got it, mommy-boss!" With a cheerful salute and a second of thought to commit his mother's instructions to memory (best he could at least), Glad-One was ready to strut his stuff for Mr. Carter! Oh, and what compliments the man had to give! "Unique!" He gasped, grabbing at his own 'face' with wee nubs as if clasping cheeks. "Why, Mr. Carter! That is high praise coming from you!" Warmed him all the way to the core it did! Shame that his 'work feedback' was on the tepid side.

"About...adequate." The robot repeated, as if unsure he heard that right. Hm...Rather bland, wasn't it? Where was the critique? Why just adequate? Was it the costume? Was it not cute enough for Mr. Carter? Well... Best not to look a gift horse in the nose! Determined to spin this into a positive, he perked up on the tips of his nubs proudly. "I'll take it! Thank you for answering my work survey!" If you were expecting any sort of coupon or gift offer... sorry. He'd need mommy's permission first!

"Hanukkah?" Glad-One and his shrimp friend cocked to the side once more. His round optic became an oval as he hummed thoughtfully. "What's that? Another holiday? There's more?" How exciting! What were the qualifications to celebrate this one? Could they try it out next year?! Oh boy oh boy, and it involved family gatherings! How exciting, although Mr. Carter wasn't so much a fan! Before he could comment on the man's unfortunate family situation, he said the magic word. "I did mention a mummy!"

Speak of the mummy... and she will appear! A familiar hand, delicate yet worn by work, latched onto Glad-One's little body and easily gave him a scoot to make room! Hardly one to resist or complain, he merely giggled and let out a soft "Wheeee....!" as he went. Behold, Carter Burke. The one and only, mommy dearest! Opinionated for sure, much like her meals she packed a feisty punch! As Camille proceeded to give Carter the sauciest metaphorical lashing (kitchen lady, ha!), baby-bot's single optic changed to a heart as he watched with a love only a son could have.

Only Carter's comment about the menu seemed to snap him from his 'mommy daze'. "Oh, don't worry, Mr. Carter!" Glad-One left the spot where he'd been scooted, scurrying back over to his customer with fast moving nubs and a bobbing shrimp tail behind his butt-butt. "The wontons are $3.99 with the purchase of a valid entrée!" His gaze immediately snapped to his mother, eager for attention and reinforcement for doing a great job!

Scaramouche

Samurai Jack
Species
Android
Height
8'
Occupation
"Problem" Solver
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Hm, maybe she had come off too strong... The honker always did say she was heavy-handed with the pepp -- "I can turn it off, if that's what you're asking," Camille replied, gesturing nonchalantly to the heater. "Or, if you prefer..." Maybe it was a bad idea, maybe it wasn't. Either way, she slid the remote Carter's way and let the man be the master of his fate for the duration of his patronage. Who knew a white flag came with so many buttons? "Just in case you ever decide to change your mind," the 'kitchen lady' shrugged. Here's hoping the guy didn't get any sauce on his nice clothes (because she was not going to be responsible for those).

“Hey, isn’t that just a little expensive?”

"The wontons are $3.99 with the purchase of a valid entrée!"

Ooh, someone was getting a shiny gold star on his rewards card~!

Hint: it wasn't the miser.

For his adequate diligence, Glad-One earned a generous serving of affectionate strokes from fuzzy head to wiggly tail and a proud smile to top them off. Her little munchkin was learning so fast! ...Well, half of him, anyway. The other one was a grumbly WIP, and the other other one needed a mute feature. Badly. One out of three wasn't so bad, right? "Mhm~! And once you taste them," Camille added, looking Carter in the eye, "your tongue will say they're worth every penny. Anyway, let me get you that Diet Coke while you browse our menu."

Did he like cans?

Well, now he did, because that's what man was getting as Camille fished out an ice-cold brewski from the nearby fridge.

"You know," the blonde mused aloud, reaching for a stack of napkins, "I think I've heard your name before. Carter Burke, right? The big one's peeped a lot about you. Enough so, that sometimes my ears fall off." It may or may not have been intentional to let a few seconds slip by so dread could sink its prickly talons into Carter's grey matter. Payback for the 'expensive' comment? Noooo, why would anyone think that? "Don't worry." She flashed her customer a toothless smile before setting down the can, a napkin, and a tall glass of ice beside his hand. "It's all been very good things, if not a little..." Uh-oh, what was a respectful, not-so-inflammatory adjective for the usual pomp and circumstance? Think, brain, think! Camille bounced her head side-to-side and figured elocution was for the birds -- and mechanical windbags who went bananas for frou-frou socks. "Flowery," she concluded after a moment of hesitation. Eh, good enough! "Would you care for a straw?"

Carter J. Burke

Alien
The Company Man
Species
Human
Height
5'10″
Occupation
Trader / Salesman
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Burke shrugged his shoulders at the positive response One gave to the thinly-veiled insults but said nothing more on the subject. It was better to keep this little One content, though sometimes he did wonder if it was possible that he ever didn’t feel that way. No matter what he had to say, the half-sphere seemed to be able to put a positive spin on it. It was amusing at times and others, irksome. Right now, his cheeriness was tolerable. He only hoped it would remain that way. At least the bot seemed interested in Hanukkah. “Yeah,” Burke answered the inquisitive One’s question, “and trust me, there’s a whole lot more where it came from.”

He’d have to explain them all later though, due to Miss Kitchen Lady’s arrival on the scene. Quite a distraction she was becoming, what with her nose-to-nose stares and heaters that were too close for comfort. Burke didn’t hesitate to snatch up the remote as she slid it over to him. A second of reluctance later she might have changed her mind. The woman seemed to change temperaments quicker than the flip of an on and off switch. “Y-yeah, thanks.” Burke said, smiling weakly at the blonde before turning the machine right off. He highly doubted he’d be changing his mind any time soon, as the coat he wore had him covered, both literally and metaphorically.

One’s return was a welcome one, as he’d skittered back to bring some good news. Burke’s brows raised at the lower price. “$3.99. Now that’s more like it,” he responded, smirking. “Guess I’m gonna have to make the most outta this trailer park tour, aren't I?” He was feeling pretty hungry, though he would have to try not to go overboard like he had several times in the past. Drumming his fingers against the counter, he gazed down at the menu again, eyes lighting up at one of the dishes. It didn’t seem too extravagant, or so he thought. Well, maybe a tiny bit considering there were eight wontons to go through.

“How about the egg foo young?” Burke asked, looking back up to Camille who was nabbing a Diet Cola for him. “What kinda meat you got in there? Beef?” Assuming his guess was correct, he set the menu back down. “I’ll take it. Just uh, go easy on the portions, okay?”

Burke reached out for the beverage but faltered as Camille began to rattle on about having heard his name before. His face fell at her choice of words. “Flowery, huh?” No doubt those particular comments had come from ‘Mouche, but the big ones? Burke had a sinking feeling she was talking about WeyTech’s higher ups. “And what kinda good things are we talking about here? ‘Cause my reputation at work...it’s not exactly what I'd call solid.” At the offer he shook his head. “I’m okay.” Before snapping open the can of Coke, he had one more request to make. Leaning in a little closer as if he was about to divulge some sensitive information, he asked, ”you uh, you wouldn’t happen to serve anything stronger here, would ya?” If she did, he had a sneaking suspicion he was going to need it.

Last edited:

One-One

Infinity Train
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Robot
Occupation
None Whatsoever!
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“Yeah, and trust me, there’s a whole lot more where it came from.”

"Woooow..." Glad-One leaned forward on his nubs, single optic wide as can be at the thought of more holidays! True, he didn't always understand the meanings and purposes behind them. Christmas was 'the one where people give gifts' and Father's/Mother's day were days dedicated to parents! Halloween was the costume and candy one! Valentine's was about love. That was pretty much all he knew! What was this fabled Hanukkah about? Why was it a funny word? Then again, Halloween and Christmas were also funny words! Maybe he could make up his own funny word holiday! UnoEinодинいちday!

Watching Mr. Carter and mommy interact was interesting for sure! His poor friend didn't seem quite comfortable with her yet, but perhaps in time he'd recognize mum's magnificence! With the exchange of the heating remote, Glad-One took his rightful place once more and sent a friendly squint Mr. Carter's way. Earning praise from both of them sent the little dodo into robo-heaven. A gentle thrumming began to sound from his shell as he leaned eagerly into every stroke. Returning affection could be quite difficult, but the hemisphere made due by gently bumping against Camille's knuckles. He began to radiate a cozy sort of warmth, toasty and content.

Carter's arrival had been a surprise, but his visit to the camper was going along swimmingly! His drink was being prepared, the man was perusing the menu and choosing his meal... All in all, you can't ask for anything better than that! "Oh yes! Daddy is quite fond of you, Mr. Carter! As am I!" He kept a respectful distance from the man, despite the urge to scramble over and cover him in hugs and nuzzles! The little 'bot settled for jittering in place excitedly. "You're one of our very best friends, and also one of our first friends! Why wouldn't he speak of you in flowery terms?" He spoke plainly and genuinely, truly seeing the man as a good person and thus worthy of being talked up! Was Carter moody? Sometimes! Was Glad-One scared of making the man angry again? Oh yeah. Had he said hurtful things? Of course! But all in all, none of that mattered because Carter Burke actually stuck around and always found his way back to the mechanical doofuses! It meant a lot to them, perhaps more than Carter realized.

"Ooh, a stronger drink! You know, I find protein shakes to be a very strong drink indeed! And eggs, drinking eggs also makes you strong! Is that what you're wanting, Mr. Carter? To drink some eggs? I never thought you to be the muscley type, but good on you!" Nubs folding up beneath his body, Glad-One decided to settle himself upon the counter. He resembled a cat in 'loafing' position as he made himself comfy. The lack of other customers meant Glad-One had little else to do other than stick around, yak a bit, and perhaps answer any questions Carter Burke might have! Unless dictated to do otherwise by his dear mum, he was quite satisfied to loaf and make with the chit-chat!

Scaramouche

Samurai Jack
Species
Android
Height
8'
Occupation
"Problem" Solver
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral

Such a weak smile...

Camille regarded her gracious 'patron' as respectfully as she could spiritually afford.

“Guess I’m gonna have to make the most outta this trailer park tour, aren't I?”

But, she supposed, a scorpion will always be a scorpion.

If only there was a boot big enough...

The blonde reached for a small mixing bowl and calmly went about her lowly 'kitchen lady' tasks without much fanfare. "For you," Camille nonchalantly answered, preparing her faithful utensils, "the special's pig." Uncle always said life was better with a little spice. "We do have beef, though, yes."

Out of all the flesh-and-blood creatures Pandora boasted, her dummy thicc boys had to go and befriend this one; their tolerance for venom never ceased to amaze. It was either that, or they were merely starved for attention. The latter was more likely. She sighed through her nose -- quietly, as to not further disturb the harmony of her wounded home -- and set aside a lovely arrangement of fresh onions, scallion stalks, bean sprouts, and shiitake mushrooms upon a well-cleaned bamboo cutting board.

Lean egg foo young... Whoever said the customer was always right should work a year in retail. She would more than happily nominate Mr. Carter as the first volunteer.

"I have a job for you, Xiǎo Bǎo Bǎo. Are you ready?" The young woman stroked her little dumpling's shell and gestured to the vegetables. "I need you to watch these while Mommy fetches a nice, fat cow for your friend, Mr. Carter," she smiled. "Make certain not a single one goes scampering off, hm? The onions are particularly rebellious today. Here, use this to remind them of their place." For his valiant duty, Glad-One was bequeathed a scepter most grand, a silvery whisk of the highest order, and Camille knew that her ingredients were in capable nubs. Mr. Carter would undoubtedly think he had stumbled upon a den of crazies; but, given that he was One-One's friend, shouldn't that already be a truth?

“And what kinda good things are we talking about here? ‘Cause my reputation at work...it’s not exactly what I'd call solid.”

Wait. This guy has a job? Seriously...? The times must be getting desperate.

She pulled out a packet of beef and a carton of eggs from the fridge, turning to face their guest with a brow quizzically raised. "Well, I mean. I can't imagine as to why," Camille smoothly remarked. The blonde shuffled back over and very softly cooed and wiggled her fingers, once they were free, at her exemplary employee. Glad-One should be pleased to know he could wave that whisk a little while longer. "After all, you seem like such an upstanding employee," she continued, speaking over the steady trickle of water cascading down her hands. "It'd be a shame not to recognize your innate talents." Ugh, how did he do it without getting slime all over...?

"Buuuuuut, I was more referring to your, ah, 'friendship' with his dad." In case Mr. Carter still had his wires crossed, Camille assisted him by not-so-subtly pointing down at the wiggly, giggly half of One-One that wouldn't know a backstabbing viper even if it bit him on the butt-butt.

Though he might put two and two together after being jettisoned out an airlock.

Camille was banking a conservative fifty-fifty on that one.

"As for what kind, it's your typical, gag-inducing praise not uncommon from someone used to studying the underside of an imperious heel." She wisely didn't let those words bite for very long. Not while esteemed company was currently warming up her stool. "'How you're a great listener'... 'How you really know how to make a friend feel welcome'... 'How cute you look when flustered..." At that, Camille leaned a little forward herself and wrapped her hand around the handle of a slumbering nakiri knife. "As I said..." She looked Mr. Carter dead in the eye. "Flowery." Schlink!

That said, they did have something stronger. Lots of things stronger.

How else was Camille supposed to survive the day, on sheer willpower?

HAH!

"Sake, baijiu, soju, lambanóg, arrack..." Honestly, she could go on, and on, and -- "Whatever ails you, we have a remedy for it," the blonde reassured Mr. Carter's palette. She, too, had that same sneaking suspicion, so Camille figured she'd do him a solid in the form of a -- nudge nudge, wink wink~ -- warning, "I'd order it now before the big one gets here. He's currently out on delivery, but I only sent him off with ten orders. If you're quick, you could have a half a bottle warming your stomach before the headache comes gallivanting down the boulevard and looking to cement your name in immortal song." Think she was joking? Camille looked up from her cutting board with a knowing smirk, already keen to the face of eternal suffering. "The other half will be for me."

Chop, chop, chop, chop, chop!

Current Season

Status Updates

I could really use more stuff to do with Palmer, if anyone's interested in plotting?
//So Oscar got Chaotic Good in the legendary Alignment Test. What I do with this information is now a Work in Progress...//
Hey broskis. Sorry I've been borderline AWOL for the better part of a year. Things have been a little meh and I feel like I'm stretched so damn thin right now. I wanna come back and write with you guys again, but idk when that's gonna be. Hope you're all doing well. <3
This is not...lingonberry jam? Who delivered??

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guido Mista
Top Bottom