By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Inactive Discovering Winternalia

C
C

Cornelius

8 December, Year 109
Cascade Bay, Crystal Vales

Apparently, today was something called 'Winternalia', a day for gathering, singing and an array of other traditions and festivities that involved a lot of red and blue. Oh, and horses. Why horses? Maybe he really didn't want to know. What he did wish to discover was just what this day was all about!

It was pretty early in the morning, and already people were starting to gather to celebrate with their friends and loved ones. Although Schola would no doubt be hosting it's own celebrations, Cornelius knew that there would be many others here, meaning a good opportunity to meet new people and maybe even make some new friends!

Riding in one his trusty bumblebee, the fairy prince took in the sights and smells of the gathering to come, while being careful not to crash into anything. Sure, he'd met a lot of new people that way, but there had to be less painful ways for both himself and Buzz, right? Weaving in and out of the assembling throngs, he was glad that at least they seemed to pay little mind to the buzzing insect and it's tiny rider. It seemed as though they were all too caught up in getting into a celebratory mood, which suited him for now. Once the celebrations began in earnest, he would attempt to join in and mingle. Apparently, there was something called fairy lights that people hung out for the festival. Usually indoors, so he had heard, but that meant fairies like himself were welcome, right? From what he had overheard so far, he was just glad he wasn't a kappa.

Stopping to inspect some kind of bubbled plastic hanging over the door of the local blacksmiths, he admired the pretty painted colours that again seemed to depict those who worked there (maybe they had no actual family here). Suddenly, the door swung open and both insect and rider found themselves knocked into the wall behind. Somehow, neither were seriously hurt, but why couldn't people be more careful? Thankfully, Buzz recovered quickly and Cornelius somehow held on and was also able to come to his senses.

"Ow...", he grumbled, rubbing his head as he tried to get a look at the accidental assailant. "You okay Buzz?", he then asked his companion, who landed on a ledge, a little dazed but otherwise alright. Sighing deeply, Cornelius dismounted his friend in order to give him time to recover, before turning to the larger person at the other side of the door.

"Hey, Happy Winternalia to you too!", he called out, not intending on letting the other go without being aware of what he had done. Most likely, it had been an accident, but many more accidents like that and he could really start running out of luck!

@Ryu

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu

Breath of Fire
Race
Endless
Occupation
Adventurer
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Ryu had been in such a hurry in order to help fulfill a high demand for metal worked candle holders and other such decor for the current celebrations that he had been darting back and forth all morning, paying little mind to what else was going on around him.

Still though, the blacksmith had been grateful for the extra pair of hands this year. Even in spite of the fact that he had already yelled at Ryu for dropping a few things in a moment of carelessness, the truth was that it sure beat filling orders like that on his own.

"Huh?" Ryu cried as he was sure he heard a voice by the door. It wasn't a very happy voice but Ryu eventually traced it to... A fairy?!

Ryu had seen fairy's before who looked very different and were all female, but the young god had never seen one like this before. Especially riding an insect. After a moment of looking on in wonder and awe, Ryu quickly reshuffled his priorities as he suddenly remembered swinging the door open quite harshly and maybe this male fairy was unhappy because he could have been killed?

"Oh no, I didn't see you!" Ryu began while scratching the back of his head. "Are you two okay?"

Last edited:
C
C

Cornelius

The blue haired male looked shocked to see him, which was a usual reaction, he supposed. Not everyone was used to seeing fairies, and even in Pandora they weren't exactly a common sight! Still, he continued to brush himself down as the man seemed to finally come to his senses and start apologising.

"Forget it", he spoke with a disgruntles sigh, waving a hand to dismiss any further concern. "We're starting to get used to it", he added bitterly. He then realised that he probably shouldn't take it out on the pony tailed man, who did genuinely seem sorry and had even stopped to make sure that they were okay. They, as in Buzzbee too, his usually ignored or abhorred insect companion. Maybe he could let this one off the hook for now, at least if he answered a couple of questions..

"Are you celebrating this whole Winternalia thing too?", he asked a little more cheerfully. "I don't really get it, especially the thing about horses", he then added. Seriously, why the obsession with horses? What did that have to do with anything?

Ryu

Breath of Fire
Race
Endless
Occupation
Adventurer
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Nobody should have to get used to such accidents but unfortunately for someone as small as the poor fairy, it was too easily done. All Ryu could do was smile sheepishly until said fairy decided to break the ice and change the subject leaving the dragon god to answer the questions one at a time starting with the celebration question.

"Yeah, you could say that." Ryu began casually as he eyed up the somewhat bizarre decorations all over the walls and doors. The truth was that he didn't quite understand it either but he had asked lots of questions so was satisfied that he could at least tell the fairy enough to get by.

"Truth is, no one seems to know what horses have to do with anything but one tradition that's kept us busy here has been the giving of candles to a loved one. While most people tend to stick with something a little more traditional, there's been a surprisingly big demand for metalwork. Or at least according to the boss, I haven't been working here that long."

It was then that Ryus eyes fell onto the large bee that was dangerously close to the fairy. While he had learned that bees were important for pollination and only attacked if you threatened their hive, he couldn't help but jump slightly as this bee was bigger than any he had seen.

"Whoah, that's a big bee, I sure hope it's on your side." Ryu laughed. Really it wasn't funny because something as small as a fairy would be in big trouble if they weren't friends but he simply couldn't help himself.

C
C

Cornelius

While the larger male had no idea about the horse thing either, it seemed as if he was being kept rather busy by another tradition entirely. Candles, huh? It made sense that maybe some people would want something a little more extravagant to hold said candles, given that a lot in life seemed to be ruled by who had the fanciest stuff. He had seen some that had been especially ornate in the main plaza, where the bulk of the celebration was to take place. Had these too been the work of this man and his boss? Whatever the case, he was fairly new around here, perhaps not unlike himself. He too had only been in this world a few months, so he knew what it was like to feel a little out of place. Not that being so much smaller than everyone else helped.

"Oh, well, at least you're being kept busy!", he responded perhaps a little too brightly considering he was speaking to the latest who had (accidentally) tried to squish both him and his companion. It was then that it seemed to dawn on the other that his companion was a rather large insect. Strange, he was sure he had said 'you two', but clearly he hadn't really taken it in until that point. Whatever the case, Buzz seemed to be rather offended that he could be considered a threat, buzzing angrily.

"Woah, easy there boy, I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick", he assured the bee. After all, all that had been said was 'I hope he's on your side'. "Sorry about that", Cornelius shrugged at Ryu. "He can be a little sensitive sometimes. Anyway, this is Buzzbee, my friend.", he introduced the now calmer insect, who had probably decided that maybe that was a little overreaction after all. "Oh, and I'm Cornelius", the fairy prince introduced himself, deciding that if he knew Buzz's name then he might as well tell him his too.

Ryu

Breath of Fire
Race
Endless
Occupation
Adventurer
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"Whoah, he can understand me?!" Ryu exclaimed in amazement when the bee took offense to his remark which had startled him somewhat as well. While he had acknowledged that there were two of them, he could have sworn that maybe 'Buzzbee' was another fairy in a costume or something. It was only upon further inspection that he had realised the truth but the fact that Buzzbee knew what he had said was a little awkeward no matter how you looked at. "I'm so sorry." Ryu added while making a point to address the bee directly.

Ryu began to to feel a little silly for he had barely done anything but apologis so he scratched the back of his head sheepishly before moving on. Which proved a lot easier than he expected as both seemed willing to try that again with Cornelius introducing even himself.

"Me, I'm Ryu." The dragon god began in a more casual tone which was a far cry from his earlier 'Grovelling'. "I don't know much about Winternalia but it sure make everything look pretty. And sometimes a little odd too."

Of course, Ryu had seen stranger, he just found some of these traditions a little strange on themselves. Still, though, it was the best Ryu could think of in order to keep the flow of conversation going. That is until he had another idea.

"Hey, have tried that kelp from the forgotten grotto yet? They say it's meant to be lucky if you eat five bites something like that but frankly, I just find that it tastes a lot better than it looks!" Ryu asked with a somewhat mischievous glint in his eyes. His time in Pandora had certainly brought him out of his shell a little but was that really a good thing?

C
C

Cornelius

Buzz was pretty smart, compared to the average bee, and had never had any trouble understanding when he talked to him. Perhaps not as much as some of the animals where he came from, who spoke just as well as he did and even wore clothing, so it was easy to forget that even that much was unusual here in Pandora.

"Sure can!", Cornelius exclaimed proudly, as Buzzbee calmed himself down, perhaps surprised that the stranger thought to apologise to him directly, as opposed to though his fairy friend. Said fairy thought that was a kind gesture too, even though it really wasn't necessary to continue apologising so much. Really, it was starting to get a little embarrassing! For the newly introduced Ryu, of course. He really didn't mind.

"I think it's alright though. Buzz can be pretty quick to fly off the handle like that.", he explained, as Ryu then began to speak of his own take on Winternalia. Odd, was one way of putting it, that was for sure!

"I know right? What's with the bubbly plastic anyway? It's pretty but...", yeah, on second thoughts, he really didn't know what to make of it. So when the topic changed to kelp, or specifically the consumption thereof, he rested his hand on his chin thoughtfully. "Good luck huh? Can't say I've ever tried it, but we sure could use some good luck, right Buzz?" Like to be lucky enough to not get stuck or hit by doors and careless passers by. That would be great. "You know where we can get some of that stuff? ", he then asked, matching the other's expression. Maybe it was all superstition, but then so were fairies, to a lot of people, and he was real! "I'll stick with you, if that's the case. Buzz and I always seem to end up on the wrong end of doors and things!", he spoke cheerfully, not intending to show any more anger toward the earlier incident.

Ryu

Breath of Fire
Race
Endless
Occupation
Adventurer
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Ryu nodded in understanding as Cornelius explained Buzzbees behaviour. Still though, it wasn't long before he seemed a lot happier so things were back to the way they should and Ryu was more than happy to answer any further questions that his new fairy friend might have. Even if he was still unsure himself.

"They say that it's supposed to keep out the cold or something." Ryu began as he eyed up the bubble wrap with a somewhat odd expression. "But to be Frank, I,m not sure I wanted to know that one."

Ryu gave a little chuckle to himself before taking a rather scruffy yet ornate looking candle holder from a nearby table and bringing it over to the table that he was about to work on. He then proceeded to answer Cornelius's next questions.

"I'm pretty sure you can buy it from various places in Pandora otherwise most Cafés and restaurants are serving it right now. Usually with Kappa meat that's your thing."

Ryu smiled at the remark about Buzz and Cornelius always being hit by doors. At least he could take comfort from the fact that he wasn't the first and probably wouldn't be the last... For now however, there was one last question to answer.

"Sure, you can hang around but only of you stay where I can see you. How about over there." Ryu suggested as he gestured towards his table a little further back from where he was working. It wasn't as if he was doing anything potentially dangerous right now, the candle holder, just needed a good polish. The real method in the madness was to be able to to warn the two of them about any upcoming accidents.

C
C

Cornelius

So Ryu had no idea what the painted bubble-plastic was all about either. he would definitely need to do a little asking around, but getting anyone elses attention when he was this size could be difficult. At least, painlessly. Now he knew why the Vale of the Fairies was in the middle of a forest and not anywhere near actual human civilisation. Probably learned the hard way too.

"Okay, fine, maybe we don't want to know", he agreed as the other chuckled to himself. It seemed as if he found the whole thing amusing. It was pretty silly, when he thought about it. Painted plastic, horses, what did either of them have to do with winter? Winter to him was the frost, the frost that his parents brought every winter in his world to keep some kind of balance. He really needed to start taking more notice of these things. Especially seeing as he was expected to take over from them some day.

"Kappa meat?", he asked following the blue haired male as he made his way over to a table. It looked as though he was preparing the finishing touch to the already ornately decorated table, where people would gather to celebrate the day and enjoy each others company. Oh, and sing about horses.

"I don't even know what a kappa is", he admitted, although he wasn't sure if the other was still listening. At least he was letting him hang around, although he did try and send him to another table. The fairy prince directed Buzz to wait for him at the suggested location, but he wanted to stick around and watch what Ryu was doing. He had enough sense to stand (or hover) away from anything that was being sprayed.

"Besides, do I look like I have any money? Some of those coins are bigger than I am!", he pointed out. He had a couple of coins in the satchel Daniel had made him, but he didn't know what they were worth. Although, seeing as he was only small, he could sneak in if he was curious. Five bites from someone his size would hardly be even noticed!

Ryu

Breath of Fire
Race
Endless
Occupation
Adventurer
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"Oh right, a Kappa is some kind of river monster that can only survive on land if an indent on their head is full of water. Or something like that." Ryu explained as he brought the candle holder over to the table where Buzz was waiting for Cornelius who had chosen to remain by Ryus side. After all, his directions were only a suggestion rather than an order and besides, he was going their anyway so he could keep an eye on the them.

All it took was a fine grade sandpaper in order to smooth off any remaining rough edges and begin the polishing process. It was then that Cornelius raised a valid point about his size.

"There's a point, I was just seeing if you were paying attention." The dragon god replied sheepishly. Truth was, it had been an oversight on his end but not one that he was going to think any more of. In fact, after briefly checking the part of the candle holder that he had been working on, he continued to talk.

"I don't think I have any kelp on me at the moment but I could try and get you some if you like. In fact, if I get a minute, I'll double check just incase." Ryu offered casually.

Current Season

Status Updates

Jace wrote on Dantalion's profile.
i'm love u
Update: I love your posts even if I "only" like them. I just hate those creepy yellow reaction emoji faces, bear with me
Ruby Rose wrote on Weiss Schnee's profile.
Weiss! i've missed you <3
So I'd like to turn everyone's attention towards Portals. They should be banned.
Poopy-di scoop
Scoop-diddy-whoop
Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop
Poop-di-scoopty
Scoopty-whoop

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassandra
Top Bottom