By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Complete Eight-Legged Menace

Leonie Pinelli

Fire Emblem
Blade Breaker II
Species
Human
Occupation
Mercenary
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
[box= #ffa64d, none, none][box=#993300, #000000, #333443 1px solid]
September 6th
Never would Leonie have thought she'd be living in the same place as Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude and Byleth, especially considering the first two were supposed to be dead. It all felt surreal to the point she couldn't help but wonder whether she was having a really long dream. Maybe she'd fallen into a five year sleep just like the Professor did. Wouldn't surprise her at this point.

Despite all that weirdness though, having all of them around did make adjusting to life in Pandora a little easier on her... even if none of them were like she remembered at all. Well, not exactly anyway. As far as personalities went, they were still the same as she remembered them. Well... Dimitri wasn't anywhere near as crazed, but that was a good thing. He was more like how he used to be back at the monastery, thankfully. If he wasn't... Leonie was pretty sure things wouldn't be nearly as peaceful among them as they were now. Hell, it looked like she was the most hung up over the war out of everyone.

That day she was taking it easy. She wasn't going to slack off on her training or anything, but she would keep the actual fighting to a minimum that day. In fact, she had gone into the kitchen to grab herself a little snack. She was browsing through what they had in the cupboard when she caught some movement in the corner of her eyes, only to look it and be faced with a spider on the wall right next to her.

What followed was a very high pitched, very uncharacteristic yelp as Leonie reflexively jumped away to a safe distance and looked in the opposite direction of the spider. She brought a hand to cover her mouth, eyes wide as she just realized the noise she had made without thinking.

Thankfully, she was pretty sure that there was nobody else in the house right now...
[/box][/box]

@Dimitri Blaiddyd

Reactions: Dimitri Blaiddyd

Dimitri Blaiddyd

Fire Emblem
Savior King
Species
Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Murder
link
Organizer
link

It has been relatively comfortable settling into Pandora despite how bizarre it was. Never would he imagine a day where he would live under the same roof as Byleth, Edelgard, Claude, and Leonie. For one, two of those four had died by his own hands in the timeline from which he came. That fact alone constituted for most of his discomfort. How was he supposed to meet them in the eyes when all he could see were their deaths? He barely managed to avoid airing out his guilt, though it was in part because he avoided them both.

There was one issue with that plan: when living in the same house, two people are bound to interact at some point or another. So when Dimitri heard a fearful yelp from the kitchen, he rushed in. He wasn't exactly sure what he was expecting, perhaps something dangerous? When he saw Leonie, it only made sense if there was a threat of some sort. While he never knew her personally, one look can tell a person that she was strong and not weak in heart.

"Is something the matter? I heard your shriek," and despite the fact that there seemed to be nothing, it was obvious something had scared her. One look at her face told him that much, at least. The only thing that stood out was... a spider? It was sitting on a nearby wall, not at all frightened by the commotion happening in the kitchen. The creature only got a moment's notice before he squashed with the palm of his gauntlet.

"Are you okay, Leonie?" Dimitri asked once he washed off the spider from his hand.

Reactions: Leonie Pinelli

Leonie Pinelli

Fire Emblem
Blade Breaker II
Species
Human
Occupation
Mercenary
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
[box= #ffa64d, none, none][box=#993300, #000000, #333443 1px solid]
The moment Leonie began hearing footsteps, she could feel her blood turn cold. Judging from the weight of the steps, that could only have been Dimitri. Out of everyone, he was the one Leonie knew the least about, but at least it wasn't Claude.

The once dead king of Faerghus soon appeared in the kitchen and, before Leonie could even try to explain herself, he just went over to the spider and crushed it under his gauntlet, the impact sound being loud enough to remind Leonie of the fact that Dimitri's unholy strength.

"Uh... nothing! It's just... nothing at all!" She attempted to lie, but found it hard to come up with any excuse that wouldn't be as pathetic as the truth. "No need to worry about me, I'm perfectly fine!" She added, quiet, nervous laughter escaping her.

He had already dealt with the little monster on the wall, so the problem was gone. All Leonie had to do was hope to the goddess that Dimitri would leave it at that and not ask further questions. Although she was pretty sure things weren't going to go that smoothly.
[/box][/box]

Dimitri Blaiddyd

Fire Emblem
Savior King
Species
Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Murder
link
Organizer
link

The wall almost shuddered under the weight of his blow, and for a moment Dimitri was struck by the thought that it was about to crumble down. Luckily enough, the plaster held and with only a near-invisible dent as proof that he had ever hit it. A good thing too, he didn't want to imagine having to repair the wall or the teasing he would undoubtedly receive from some members of the house.

Speaking of other residents, now he was face to face with Leonie. He was going to take her word for it - that things were fine, yet the laugh that left her was anxious. Nervous. That coupled with the yelp he had heard only moments later pointed clearly that it was not nothing. It was something, and Dimitri could only hope that he wasn't the elephant in the room.

"Are you sure, Leonie? That was quite a squawk I heard earlier, did something startle you?" That would explain the noise that he heard from the kitchen, but nothing in the room was horrifying enough that would make a seasoned warrior such as the one before him cry out. At least, nothing that Dimitri could see immediately. He wasn't in the room to have caused it, either, so hopefully there were no issues on that front?

"It's fine to admit that you were caught off guard by something."

Leonie Pinelli

Fire Emblem
Blade Breaker II
Species
Human
Occupation
Mercenary
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
[box= #ff8000, none, none][box=#202020, #ffa64d, #333443 1px solid]
Of course he wouldn't just let it go and move on. Let her grab something to eat and then leave to do something other than think about how someone had caught her in that undignified state. It could never be that easy, huh? At least it was Dimitri, not Claude, that was the only thought in her mind that was even remotely positive at the moment.

"It wasn't a squawk!" she objected pretty much on reflex, her voice making her indignation with Dimitri's word choice very clear, although there was a red tint to her cheeks that added a layer of embarrassment to it.

That aside, Leonie was in a bad spot now. Lying wasn't her specialty and she couldn't come up with any excuses for Dimitri. She could just refuse to say anything, but she didn't want him to start making wild guesses or think it was something worse than it actually was either.

Leonie folded her arms, looking away from Dimitri and trying to force the words to come out, "Spider," was all she managed to say, although it was more of a mumble as she kept trying to swallow the words back down.
[/box][/box]

Dimitri Blaiddyd

Fire Emblem
Savior King
Species
Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Murder
link
Organizer
link

If it quacked like a duck and waddled like a duck, then it was most likely a duck in his fair opinion. The noise that Leonie made was a squawk; however, one could also say that it was a scream or a shout. Despite whatever adjective used to describe it, something had clearly startled her. "It sounded like you were frightened," he remarked, choosing not to comment on how flustered Leonie seemed to be.

Spider? As in the one he had killed with a mere swat of his hand? Of all things to have bothered the mercenary, Dimitri had not expected it to be a bug of all things. Especially one that was not venomous. Though, to each their own fear. Who was he to judge? And it was possible that it had just startled her.

"Is that so? Well, it is dead now so there is no need to worry on that front." He came along just in time to eliminate that spider, at least. "Did it really scare you that badly?"

Leonie Pinelli

Fire Emblem
Blade Breaker II
Species
Human
Occupation
Mercenary
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Dimitri was really making a point to mention just how scared she sounded, wasn't he. If she didn't know any better, she'd think it was intentional, but it was more likely that he was just worried, which she appreciated, but it was no less aggravating when it kept being dragged on.

"I don't like bugs, alright?!" she finally snapped, raising her voice and looking a mix of annoyed and ashamed. "They're gross, I can't even look at a spider without feeling nauseous. Just the thought of those things touching me is enough to make my skin crawl."

She then let out a long sigh. She really wasn't good at keeping things to herself when someone kept poking at it. At some point it just became so annoying that she couldn't help it. It was moments like this where she wished she could be a more secretive person.

"Go on, laugh if you want, I don't care anymore," she said, sounding tired. "Just don't go spreading that around, alright?" The last thing she needed was to become a laughing stock right now.
[/box][/box]

Dimitri Blaiddyd

Fire Emblem
Savior King
Species
Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Murder
link
Organizer
link

That... Should have been expected given the circumstances, but it came as a surprise all the same. Dimitri jolted at the outburst, eye wide as Leonie finally explained herself. Fear of bugs - that was pretty self-explanatory. It explained why she had been so frightened by such a measly creature, yet it was somehow hard to believe. Leonie of all people scared of bugs? They were so tiny and easy to kill compared to anything else... Well, to each their own.

"Oh, I'm not going to laugh at you, Leonie." Why would he? At the end of the day, people couldn't help what frightened him. It would be cruel of him to tease her over such an innocent fear. "Many people are afraid of bugs and insects. I couldn't have imagined you being bothered by them... But it makes sense. They aren't exactly the most pleasant of creatures." By that point, even Dimitri could realize he was rambling, but hopefully it eased some of the irritation he could see written across her face.

"Don't worry about me telling anyone, I won't since you asked." It was as mundane as secrets could go, but it was one that Dimitri wouldn't speak of. "Since I know your fear, would it help you to know mine? So long you don't tell anyone either."

Leonie Pinelli

Fire Emblem
Blade Breaker II
Species
Human
Occupation
Mercenary
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Leonie didn't expect Dimitri to laugh, not really. Back in the academy, he was always polite to the point of being stiff. During the war, he basically became a raging lunatic. Now he was back to how he used to be, thankfully, which did kinda clash with just how much more intimidating he looked but she wasn't about to complain.

"I thought you'd say that," she sighed, feeling a bit stupid for trying to hide it in the first place. "It's a dumb fear for a mercenary to have, but here I am," she shrugged, resigned.

Dimitri then offered to tell her what he feared as compensation, which did catch Leonie by surprise. She had never given any thought to any fears Dimitri might have, honestly it was hard to imagine the guy being afraid of anything at this point, but now that he brought it up.

"... I gotta admit you got my interest, but you don't need to tell me if you don't want to," she smiled at him. "You don't need to pay me back just because you happened to hear me screaming over a spider."
[/box][/box]

Last edited:

Dimitri Blaiddyd

Fire Emblem
Savior King
Species
Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Murder
link
Organizer
link

Dimitri always made it a priority to conduct himself in a respectable manner. Whilst that had slipped for the majority of five years - behaving in a truly appalling and horrific way, he wouldn't allow himself to return to that. As amusing as it might have been to some that a talented mercenary was afraid of a spider of all things, he held his tongue. It was only natural for a human being to be scared of something. Leonie's fear just so happened to be something most overlooked.

"Nonsense. You're exposed to a lot of spiders in the wilderness, and they are not exactly a pleasant creature to encounter." He had the luxury of knowing that his fist was capable of slaying all but unique spiders. Just like anything else, they were fragile things in his hand. Others meanwhile could only hope that their attempts to kill the pests were successful.

What was perhaps an overreaction was his offer. But it seemed fair in his mind: a fear for a fear. Leonie already had to confront something that terrified her to the point of yelling. It wasn't as if his fears were kept a total secret, either. Dimitri saw little harm in sharing.

"Fire. Not to the point that it deters me from using it, but... Well, it's a fear." No need to delve past that. Nor the tragedy that had instilled it.

Leonie Pinelli

Fire Emblem
Blade Breaker II
Species
Human
Occupation
Mercenary
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Sure, spiders were common and creepy looking, but it wasn't like they were a big threat. Some of them carried some very dangerous poison inside them, but still, it wasn't like they really stood a chance against anyone that wanted to squash them. The possibility of getting poisoned wasn't even a part of Leonie hated them, she just thought they were really unnerving with all those legs and stuff,

Regardless, Dimitri then revealed his fear: fire. She didn't expect it, but well, fire could cause a lot of damage, and a big fire was really intimidatingm especially as it can just keep spreading if you don't run away fast enough or put it off. Still, for Dimitri to have that kind of fear, obviously something had to have happened to him involving fire, and Leonie was fairly certain she knew what it was even though she never learned the details of what happened back then.

"Fire, huh..." she trailed off, unsure of what to say about it. "Well, good thing you don't have a crippling fear of it. Kinda hard to get cooking done without some fire," she smiled, trying to make light out of the situation.
[/box][/box]

Dimitri Blaiddyd

Fire Emblem
Savior King
Species
Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Murder
link
Organizer
link

It wasn't information that he had told many of. He suspected that his closest friends knew purely due to how long they had known each other. Gilbert, surely, given he had seen the battlefield where his king had been burnt away. But ultimately, few others were aware of it. Perhaps even Byleth, given how he had tempered himself to walk through Ailell.

It was his turn to wear a polite, uneasy smile. "Yes, it is hard to survive without a source of fire," it was needed to survive freezing nights, boiling water, and cooking any game that he had caught. A most useful resource, even if it was hard for his mind not to wander back to that gruesome night at the sight of open flames.

"Now I know something of which you are afraid of, and you know one of my own fears." That way it would be fair, given how upset she seemed when she saw the spider. "I heard that in... Centria, I believe, that they sell small, convenient weapons specially made to kill bugs? It might be smart to find one."

• Love

Leonie Pinelli

Fire Emblem
Blade Breaker II
Species
Human
Occupation
Mercenary
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Hm, maybe her attempt at making light of the topic wasn't the best idea. Leonie really didn't know Dimitri well at all, so it was kinda hard to know how to tread around him. Especially because this Dimitri was... very different from the one she had seen back in Gronder Field. Well, she'd figure it out in time, for sure.

At his suggestion, Leonie couldn't help but laugh. "Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I really need that. I don't like bugs, but I don't freak out every time I see one. I just got caught offguard this time," she admitted, with a little embarrassment. "Anyway, sorry for worrying you. I probably made it sound like something actually serious was happening here."

• Love

Dimitri Blaiddyd

Fire Emblem
Savior King
Species
Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Murder
link
Organizer
link

"It is nothing to apologize for, Leonie. We all get started from time to time," Dimitri responded; he tried to offer her a reassuring smile, but there was only the ghost of a polite expression on his face. But with the spider dead and their conversation at the end of its course, there was no longer any reason for him to linger much longer.

He gave a polite half-bow, leaning forwards by only a few inches, "Sorry for the intrusion, but I hope the rest of your day goes better. I have some things to attend to, so goodbye." Just as he arrived, Dimitri disappeared just as quickly out the door.

• Love

Current Season

Status Updates

Ladies and gentlemen of the Elysium, and the Pandora infinity beyond, I am proud-- nay, honoured to come before you as your new General Secretary. It is my promise to lead this city and its relations beyond into a new golden age with no compromise that leaves us compromised. Hail! Hail Elysium!
Oh man, this is like the late '60s all over again.
No one stared at my arm so much until today for some reason.
Totally unrelated the current political climate but anybody know Trilla's number?
Ok Elysium, dads not mad. Just really disappointed that you'd fumble the ball that I literally put just a yard away from the endzone.:mad:

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

• Steel
    ✧・゚: *✧・゚* we are starstuff *・゚✧*:・゚✧

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eve Polastri
Top Bottom