By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Everything or nothing

Higgs

Death Stranding
Species
Human with DOOMS
link
20th July, Y.109
Tags- @Haytham Kenway

Though he was in one of the other cities of Pandora Higgs felt it was much safer too appear without his customary appearance, so he appeared as one of the crowd. A military camouflage jacket flung on over a black turtleneck, dark pants and a green cap with his sunglasses perched on top of the hats visor. No one in Pandopolis gave him a backwards glance, it was far easier to move around here than it had been back home or even in Centria before Hawkeye had shot him. But now he knew Centria was a place he should only go when he was ready for his next step. He'd truly stepped away from who he'd once been and now he knew he'd made sure Ellana would not be able to drag him back so easily, his mind was no longer trapped as the scared little boy he'd once been. Instead he'd installed himself as someone to be feared, they would hunt him but he would make sure they never caught him, he'd done it before. One of his contacts had told him of a man who he might be able to convince a small amount of money from, Higgs hoped that he could win the stranger over so that he could offer those he'd managed to gain in his employees money.

He held little interest in something so materialistic as money but unfortunately those he used for his network did not share his views and needed paying. It was for that reason he found himself in a more shadey area of Pandopolis, pushing his way into a seedy little pub where he'd been told he'd find the man he hoped too approach. He saw a couple of the people in the pub peer curiously at him, taking in the tattoo's across his face but no one bothered him and he spotted the man who he wanted a word with pretty much immediately. So Higgs moved towards the bar, his entire being appeared relaxed as he fell into place beside the man looking entirely like a man who just wanted a drink, the guy behind the counter moved towards him sensing a sale. Higgs quietly indicated for the man to pour him a pint before saying to the man he'd approached"It's curious too me that a man such as you would willingly hang out in a place such as this." His voice was calm, quiet but his face appeared friendly as he looked the other man over, while leaning against the counter. ​

• Love
Reactions: Haytham Kenway

Haytham Kenway

Assassin's Creed
Species
Human
Occupation
Independent Art Curator//(Secret ARMOUR Agent)
Relationship Status
Single
link
Information was a powerful tool, whether you were an assassin with a capital A, a Templar, an ARMOUR agent, or otherwise. It helped you form strategy, set up the chessboard if you will against your enemies. Indeed: from speaking to his previous incarnation’s AI system, the Haytham Kenway of old Pandora made his living mostly by scrounging for such secrets like a dragon did gold. And hoarding it to keep his enemies at bay.

He was not that old man, not quite yet, and he was more than happy with his current affairs. With a fortune of money a non-issue, he could keep busy with ARMOUR agent affairs. And nothing made his secondary job sweeter than knowledge.

There were several ways to gain such knowledge, of course, but the one most people overlooked was the ‘seedy pub in downtown Pandopolis’ route. He dressed down for the occasion, wearing what he would have worn if he was the knife of the Grand Master back at home. Boots, overcoat, hood up. A look on his face that suggested that one should not mess with him. And he found a corner of the bar where one could get a good gauge of the room.

He knew how to bend an ear. Already tonight he’d managed to figure out a group of mercenaries were being hired by some mafia organization. He filed that information for later, and was going to go chat with a woman in the corner of the bar with an eye patch and a particular thirst for gold. Put on the charm, use the gold as a flash…..

"It's curious too me that a man such as you would willingly hang out in a place such as this."

Haytham paused, pint to his lips, finishing taking his drink before observing the man from under his hood. Confident. Perhaps over-so. Interesting choice of eyeliner, though it did little to nothing to hide his face. He committed said face to memory.

”Really? And where would you expect to find me?” Haytham asked casually, playing along. ”A quaint little café? The Carnival?” The sarcasm was heavy on his tongue as he took another drink of his pint, but keeping a sharp eye on the other. He barely took a drink.

”I’m wondering whose looking for a….. man such as me.” He raised a brow, ”And who told you to look.”

• Love
Reactions: Higgs

Higgs

Death Stranding
Species
Human with DOOMS
link
The other man was all calm confidence, Higgs approach barely knocked him out of his stride and Higgs small smirk grew slightly bigger, his bright blue eyes holding a quiet confidence as he watched Haytham take him in. His pint was put before him and Higgs took his blue gaze off the other man as he paid the man behind the counter, though he was completely aware of Haytham the entire time. But now the other man was speaking, asking him where he'd expect to find a man like him and he let out an amused hum in response before turning his gaze back to the other man while saying"I'm afraid you're not cute enough for a quaint cafe... Or wild enough for the carnival.. But you are to fancy for this place, though perhaps you are the right level of dark for this place."

Higgs leaned against the counter as his blue gaze watched Haytham's face as the man now asked what kind of man would be looking for someone such as him and how he came to even know of him. Higgs amused smirk became a little more mysterious as he responded"I have my ways, information is easy to come by for a man like me..." He shrugged slightly as he spoke suggesting that it was not really such a mystery or important. But then he was saying"But I do know you are a man who likes information, to the point you are happy to flash a coin or two around and so I have a proposition for you if you would care to listen." Higgs stopped there, he would only continue if the other man actually wanted to hear as he had no desire to waste his words on an uninterested party. ​

Haytham Kenway

Assassin's Creed
Species
Human
Occupation
Relationship Status
Single
link
Haytham knew it was not wise to make assumptions about others. Especially potential threats, they’d use that assumption against you and use it to their advantage. Defeating you on your own biases. But that meant he had to be careful, this one held an air of confidence around him that suggested he fancied himself three steps ahead of a game only he played. And men who played games were always dangerous.

Haytham merely gave a half smile as the other insisted he was neither cute enough for cafes, nor wild enough for carnivals, and too fancy perhaps for this place. Though dark enough. ”Are you saying I’m not cute? I’m completely offended.” He drawled back, a particular old-English wit on his tongue that suggested that he wasn’t offended at all. Haytham put a note in the back of his mind: the other didn’t know him completely well enough, but he did know he was rich. Too rich for a hole in the wall like this one.

He leaned back in his stool as the other said he was a man who could get information. And he himself was a man who wanted said information. ”I’m listening.” Haytham allowed. Because the man was right, at the very least, Haytham believed information was a powerful commodity indeed. More powerful than even the most power-laced superhero in this box. Power was nothing if you had no foundation, no one willing to protect you, or no one left to protect.

• Love

Higgs

Death Stranding
Species
Human with DOOMS
link
Haytham offered him a half smile at his response to the words about a coffee shop and carnivals, it was then Higgs made his own decision that this man was indeed a cool costumer. He was calm in dealing with his response, his face only showed what he wanted Higgs to see and when he spoke his voice held humour. His accent was some British drawl that Higgs couldn't place, but then who knew what had happened to England when the Bridges had torn the world apart so he wouldn't be expected to know those accents, he didn't particularly care enough to ask either. He simply responded to the others joke with a small chuckle, his bright blue eyes held amusement. He was pleased that Haytham at least held a sense of humour, after the others he'd been in the presence of lately who were humourless souls.

The others eyes seemed to confirm his interest as he said he was listening and Higgs amused smile became his customary smirk once more as he spoke"I am prepared to offer you my information gathering services for a small sum, like I said information is easy to come by for a man like me... The information I gather can be anything and everything or fixed on a specific area such as any opponents you may have." Then with a slight tilt of his head he went on"Of course I would not expect a man like you to take me at just my word, so I suggest as a way to prove myself to you assign me something you want information on and I'll do it for free just to prove my worth to you." He paused a moment letting the other take his suggestion in before he went on"And then we can meet again in a weeks time where you can decide if you want to accept my services, so what say you?" Higgs now watched Haytham intently wondering how he would respond to him, whether he would shake him off or if he would accept his offer.​

• Love

Haytham Kenway

Assassin's Creed
Species
Human
Occupation
Relationship Status
Single
link
Haytham couldn’t place the man’s accent, but he didn’t bother trying. Pandora was full of people from so many different worlds, he highly doubted he was apart of his world unless he was a Templar or Assassin. He could come from a world where neither existed, or from a world unlike planet earth entirely. Such was the nature of the box. Instead: he was far more curious as to who this man was here on Pandora, taking special care to listen as the man waxed poetic regarding just what he’d tracked Haytham down for.

The other man took a drink of his beer, listening as the other described his services. An information broker? There were such things in his world. People who worked in the black market who traded information for coin. But usually one had to go find them, not the other way around. Which meant this man must be desperate, or needing, coin. And no one was willing to hunt him down for information.

Or it was impossible to hunt him down.

”Hmm…. An interesting proposition.” Haytham hummed, leaning slightly onto the bar as he pondered it for a moment. ”I suppose I could give you a bit of a trial run.” But what to use as his trial? He’d hardly use something that he didn’t know already, he had to make sure this man wasn’t just making up information and taking advantage. So he’d ask for information he already knew.

”Very well. Here’s your trial.” Haytham allowed, taking out a picture out of his pocket and sliding it over. A man was shaking hands with another, smile on his face, suit jacket over his arm. Looking about as ordinary as any businessman. ”This man. What is his name, and what is his business, without him knowing.” He lifted his beer, taking a sip of it. ”You have a week. And we’ll meet back here.”

Higgs

Death Stranding
Species
Human with DOOMS
link
The other was a good listener and didn't interrupt as he spoke of his offer, Higgs could feel a slight liking for the others style forming in his gut, he'd have to prevent it growing into anything that would weaken him. He was sure Haytham was coming up with all kinds of thoughts in his head but Higgs had no desire to wonder at what the other thought of him. The other was now responding and he at least seemed interested, Higgs watched him in silence as he pondered his words. He leaned against the bar, his intense blue gaze on the younger man, waiting patiently, he could be patient he had years of practise.

The other then spoke again agreeing that he could give him a trial run and as he pondered what the trial run should be Higgs still waited, if he were actually here to drink he supposed this would be when he should take a sip but he had no desire too cloud his mind, so his drink sat beside his elbow, untouched, barely noticed. A moment later the man was pulling a picture from his pocket and his eyed the man in the picture, the guy looked like what people classified as a simple businessman.

Higgs took in every detail of the photo with one glance, then he slid the photo from the counter and slid it into his pocket, offering the other an idle smirk once again as he spoke"Ah I like a man who is willing to at least trial things." His gaze was back on Haytham's face as he spoke"I'll be back in a week with the fruits of my labour, it was a pleasure doing business with you". Then with a cat like grace he pushed away from the counter and moving towards the door, it was time to get to work, after all several things needed doing before the day was up.​

• Love

Haytham Kenway

Assassin's Creed
Species
Human
Occupation
Relationship Status
Single
link
This was fascinating, and perhaps a good connection to use with ARMOUR. He’d have to be careful, of course. Any dealing with an information broker was sure to be trouble in the long run. Especially if the other started wondering why he wanted such information. Then he’d have to be dealt with. Hopefully happy hands with coin made for a less curious mind.

Still, he let the man take the picture and skip off, wondering what he would come back with. ”Happy trails.” He muttered, sipping his beer and not looking at him as he left, lifting his finger to indicate he was leaving and to close out the tab.

----ONE WEEK LATER-----

As promised, one week later, punctual as usual, Haytham made his way back to the same pub, sliding in the same seat, ordering his ale with all the quite manner of a businessman getting off work. He didn’t look up as Higgs returned, merely sipping his ale as the other joined him.

”…. And how was our week?” Haytham said, finally, sipping his beer as the bartender handed Higgs a drink. Reminding Haytham of something from last week: ”Also… do try to at least pretend to sip this one.” An amused uptick of his lips indicted he very well remembered, and could remember, a lot.

• Love

Current Season

Status Updates

Justin McCay VERSUS Luke Skywalker:
Pinder, schminder. People should just stick with archery contests, and base all future dates on the results.
All of ya deserve love. Don't forget that. Even the skeleton fella who yells at cats and then laughs to himself
WHAT!? YOU NAMED THE AMPHITHEATER AFTER ATHENA!? But she's not even an artist! She's a boring stick in the mud! What do you do there? Watch old women weave all day? This is egregious! Egregious I tell you!
Hello mortals! It was a beautiful day today wasn't it? I know. I know. No need to thank me. But you're welcome anyways. ;)

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neptune
Top Bottom