By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Float On | Holly's Organizer

Hollytree

Player
Organizer
link

About MeNot much to say really. I’ve been rping off-and-on for about 12 years, starting with Neopets’ chatroom and Naruto-based forums. I lean towards muses from video games and anime, such as the Mother series and Fate; although, I have been known to play characters from live action shows, like OUAT. I grew up on Pokemon and Digimon. Basically, if it aired Saturday mornings, I probably watched it.

What kind of plots/threads do you prefer?

Something short-term normally. If the plot only lasts a couple of threads, I’m good. Long-term plots require a lot of dedication, time, and focus, things that I’m running low on these days. xD

In terms of type, I’m open-minded. Admittedly, I’m weak to anything involving action and adventure. Mystery mystifies me. Horror, to an extent, draws me in as well. So long as it isn’t R-rated or grody, I’m game.

Honestly-speaking, I’m a bigger fan of random encounter. The spontaneity of an open thread excites me the most!

What kind of plots/threads would you like to avoid?

Romance is a big one. I rarely pick-up characters that are very shippable to begin with, either due to age or mind-set.

How do you prefer to handle combat and injuries?

I do my best to be as fair as possible when threading a fight. I’m comfortable with the thought of my characters losing. Situations where someone might die are handled based on the characters’ canon, i.e. Ana comes from an rpg where opponents don’t die. They’re either knocked unconscious or regain their senses. Ana will never, ever try to kill anyone.

I try not to write out my actions as if they’re certain to hit, unless we’ve discussed things prior.

How do you prefer to handle relationship development (friends, enemies, romance, etc.)?

I like for things to happen naturally. If our characters vibe then they vibe. That being said, I’m open for discussion too.

Preferences on potentially triggering topics in roleplay?

I have zero triggers. Zilch. Nada.

What are your post length preferences?

It varies on what’s going on in the thread. I can write out as much as four paragraphs to as few as one. If it’s an action post, it’s probably going to be a couple of paras in length. If our characters are just shooting the breeze, again maybe a couple to three paras long. If it’s an intro post, I’m trying to set the scene, so it’ll likely be the longest post that I write in the thread.

I don’t like to spend a lot of time lost in my character’s mind, unless it’s appropriate for the scene.

How often do you like to reply to threads?

At the very least, I can guarantee you a post a week. At the very most, a post or two a day.

How long are you willing to wait for a reply?

Take as long as you need. If it’s been longer than a month, however, I’ll check to see if you’re interested in continuing. Again, no pressure.

Would you like to rapid-fire threads?

Occasionally, sure!

How do you feel about group threads?

The more the merrier, I always say. I want to thread with as many players as possible and get to know as many characters as possible.

How do you feel about godmoding/powerplaying?

Please don’t control my characters’ actions!

How do you feel about post-splicing? (i.e. Someone replying to each piece of dialogue in your post separately)

I’ll roll with it. It’s no biggie.

Spontaneous or pre-planned plots?

I’ll take them both with a side-order of fries and a root-beer float.

Anything else?

Oh! Could you super-size those fries too?

Last edited:

Hollytree

Player
Organizer
link

Ana

Ana hails from MOTHER, a game series that debuted in Japan during the late 80s. While inspired by Dragon Quest, it’s more of an urban fantasy, replacing swords and magic with baseball bats and psychic powers. Ana’s story is a never-say-die kind of tale, where she and her new companions hold back an alien invasion by basically rickrolling the leader of the pack. In the meantime, they have to defend themselves from brainwashed neighbors, rabid animals, and possessed vehicles.

It’s a colorful country, America the beautiful with a slightly darker underbelly. There’s a beautiful kingdom called Magicant hidden away in a cave. A monkey civilization exists beneath Advent Desert, so named for reportedly being the place where Jesus Christ will be making His return. Bigfoot’s running around the mountains surrounding Ana’s home. Ninten’s great-grandparents raised a baby alien. Lloyd’s dad lives in a trash can. The dead are raised, parents go missing, and it turns out that Holy Loly Mountain is home to some pretty unholy creations, like gargoyles.

Oh, and mouthwash can cure the common cold and hamburgers heal wounds. It’s an rpg, after all.

It goes without saying that Ana’s home world is odd enough even without the space critters skulking around.

You can read more about Ana in her profile, but to sum it up, she’s a nice, Christian girl who also happens to be the Swiss Army knife of psychics on Earth. Seriously, she gives aliens a run for their money.

LimitsObvious limits apply. Ana comes from an E for Everyone canon, but given that this is the same series that gave us the Universal Cosmic Destroyer, zombies, cults, and animated vomit, horror’s fine by me. Let’s just take it easy on the gore.

Stuff and thingsPandora is nothing new to Ana, but I’d like for her memories to be spotty. If your character had a relationship with her during her last stay, let me know if you’d like her to remember them and how. Maybe she’ll remember them as her kindergarten teacher or as someone she met on the road to beating Gyiyg.

Points of interest
  • When Ana starts worrying too much, her telekinesis tends to just. . .do whatever it takes to solve her problem. One time, she rescued a bunch of frogs set for dissection. . .in her sleep. It’d be interesting to see if anyone could help her get a handle on this since it’s a point of concern for her. It’s why she‘s so hesitant to use her powers at times. What if she has another accident like that. . .and it doesn’t end on a good note?
  • She has ESP. Let’s explore that! Maybe she’s seen you get into an accident, and she wants to help you prevent that?
  • Adventures and shenanigans are always fun. She’s not the type to go wandering off on her own at this point, so maybe she pals up with some kids her age, thinking she needs to protect them.
  • Ana comes from a parody of America. Like I described above, it’s pretty off-the-wall, so I would love to have her interact with people from other Americas and have her come across as a bit of an oddball. “Mouthwash doesn’t cure colds? Really?”
  • Do you rp an alien? Let’s have an encounter. Could be funny. Or maybe not. .
  • Into paranormal stuff? Boy, has she got some stories for you, starting with Bigfoot living in her hometown

Last edited:

Hannah

let our troubles fade out into the night
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Vampire
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link
Directory
link
@Ana and Carrie - I think these two would have very sweet friendship! Carrie was like Ana once, in terms of being unsure of her powers and struggling with them, so she'd definitely understand and be supportive in any way she could.

@Ana and Rose - if you are ever looking for a more antagonistic person to be in Ana's life, Rose the Hat would be very interested in her abilities - she's a quasi-immortal psychic vampire who feeds on psychic abilities, particularly children. I think she'll definitely meet her match in someone like Ana!

• Excited
Reactions: Hollytree

Hollytree

Player
Organizer
link
Hannah. Hannah!

Yes to all of the above!

Firstly, I gotta say that I love seeing how far you’ve brought @Carrie White. She’s really come along as a young lady, and Ana would definitely have a lot to learn from her. I’m loving the idea of her helping Ana come to terms with her powers and helping her to embrace them as a part of who she is. Carrie, of all people, knows what it’s like to feel conflicted about a gift, so Ana’s going to welcome every piece of wisdom this gal can share with her.

I can’t tell you how excited I am about seeing @Rose the Hat back in Pandora. I can’t wait to see what she gets up to while she’s here. She would be the most ideal person of conflict for Ana, who would find it hard to do anything to this wicked woman besides slap her on the wrist.

• Love
Reactions: Hannah

Hannah

Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Vampire
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link
Directory
link
@Ana and Carrie - that means a lot, I'm so glad you think so, as Carrie's development is something that I'm proud of! Yes, I've wanted Carrie to give advice and help someone, as she'll have doubts she's really a great role model, but I'd love them to get close and Carrie to look out for Ana.

@Ana and Rose - thank you! I'm very thrilled to have her back too! And conflict is great, because Rose would try and subtly persuade Ana to give herself over so she can consume her. She'd probably end up underestimating the girl if she is reluctant to use force on her. I'm happy for them to keep meeting over a number of threads and see where it goes if that's okay with you?

• Excited

Hollytree

Player
Organizer
link
It would be so sweet to see how Carrie takes to mentorship, especially with a case like Ana’s. >w< Do you have any ideas of how they could come across each other? I was thinking Ana sees her in a psychic dream. We could actually rp out the dream itself and have them meet in reality later, when Ana’s trying to find her. What do you think?

Ana was raised to see the good in people. Plus, in her canon, a lot of the hostility she and her friends received from the adults they encountered could be contributed to alien influence, so I think she’d want to see the good in Rose. It would be fairly easy for Her to string her along for a bit before she realizes what she’s up to. But yes! I’m totally down for this to play out across several threads.

I don’t have Ana down as a resident of Sunshine yet, but do you think that’d be a good meeting place?

• Love

Hannah

Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Vampire
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link
Directory
link
@Ana and Carrie - yes! Carrie would definitely do her best to do right by Ana. And that sounds perfect! We could maybe thread it in the Otherworld then they meet in Pandopolis physically?

@Ana and Rose - Poor Ana! Rose would definitely take advantage of that - the thing about Pandora is she has to be a lot more careful; her resources are limited without the rest of her group so she can't just go tracking down and immediately abducting kids off the street anymore. So yes, several threads between them would be wonderful!

Ahah, well, near to her arrival Rose is preying on Sunshine Orphanage kids along with Severen, so she'll be coming back a number of times if her resources are running low. She'll be able to sense the power within Ana from quite far away, especially if she uses her astral projection to search for targets.

• Love

Hollytree

Player
Organizer
link
@Carrie White I’m down for that! I can start us off, if you’d like. Let me know what date works best for you. Ana’s calendar is wide open for this season.

I’ve got to keep an eye on that thread between @Rose the Hat and Severen. These two already look like they could get up to some awful things together. In the meantime, would it be more appropriate for Ana and Rose to meet elsewhere?

What I already really like about these two dynamics is that Carrie offers guidance in hopes of helping Ana while learning something about herself, while Rose is only interested in sustaining her own existence.

• Love

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

updated my organizer with suzaku! i'd love any and all plots with him, so please check it out if you're interested. <3 https://pandorarp.com/threads/sunshine-on-your-face-wists-organizer.54144/post-440237
An Ewok strolls into a cantina and says to the bartender, “I’ll have a whisky and........soda.”. The bartender says, “Sure thing - but why the little pause?”
“Dunno,” says the Ewok. “I’ve had them all my life.”
A majority of the essays my students handed in have the distinct smell of ham. Do I want to know, or is this one of those "don't question it" moments? :\

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toph Beifong
Top Bottom