By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private ForgeMaster's Fingers

Geralt of Rivia

The Witcher
Species
Witcher
Occupation
Monster Hunter
link
@Sindri
July26th

Geralt needed a master craftsman, someone capable of making even the basest of materials into a piece of art, Grandmaster Diagrams required someone who was a Grandmaster, even if they didn't follow the Diagrams they would need to have skill enough to be capable of making something close to them. Geralt searched around, he'd thought about going to find the man who'd made all his Manticore gear but being that he was off planet Geralt figured getting them enchanted would be a problem. It was when he heard about a dwarf forging things across the Vales that he thought he'd found his match and mounted up, setting off to find the dwarf and ask him to make his armor. A dwarven smith was one thing but a dwarven smith with a taste for enchanting was a whole other league. So diagrams in the satchel of Roach’s saddle bags he road out, tracking down any leads that may lead him to this elusive dwarf. It wasn’t until a week of searching had passed that he realized he had tracked him down.

Rather...skinny for a dwarf, most of them were broad, barrel chested. But this Sindri was compact like most dwarves but, slimmer. Geralt dismounted and grabbed the satchel. “I’ve been looking for you, they say you’re a master craftsman, I’m looking for someone who can make grandmaster items.” He held out one of the diagrams for a witcher sword.

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith

Sindri had watched a figure come closer and closer as he ate from a purple fruit (which he had been told was called a Jogan.) He glanced around his forge to take quick inventory of his tools that had been laid out before his little break and naturally everything was in top form! Still eating, he looked back up at the much more clear figure, and he felt a small tinge of fear strike his spine.

Hair white like the Alfheim light and serpent-like eyes, with a defined strength throughout his body, Sindri couldn't help but feel that this was no ordinary midgardian. In fact- this was where the fear came from- he was slightly convinced he was indeed looking at a member of the Aesir, a god of Asgard. This man was certainly strikingly handsome like one in their prime, yet the dwarf couldn't recall any being described with such beautiful features. Appearance aside, the very thought that one of the gods was approaching him to requisition some work made him want to tuck tail and step through the realms, but Sindri swallowed that discomfort and stammered out a greeting in response instead as he set down his exotic fruit.

Considering the infinite realms that intersected here, he could just be overreacting.

"Ah, um, why yes I am most certainly a master of my craft! Really just pure dwarven talent underneath all this armor-" he laughed sheepishly as he leaned in to look at the diagram, being oh so careful not to touch anything that wasn't a part of his workstation. "'Grandmaster' huh? Looks like some high-grade work- n-not that I'm not up to the task! If I may..."

He carefully and delicately put his fingertips on the outermost edges of the paper to grab it free of the stranger's grip. As he studied it closely, and even brought out his own notebook to compare, he spoke to the stranger to learn more about about just who was requesting it. Crafting was easy, but putting dangerous tools in the right hands was not so much. He only hoped a man with such a presence could be of some good heart.

"I'm known as Sindri, by the way," he offered kindly.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Geralt of Rivia

Geralt of Rivia

The Witcher
Species
Witcher
Occupation
Monster Hunter
link
Geralt smirked at little at the dwarf, he also seemed a bit more meek than most dwarves, while some of the business minded dwarves like bankers and merchants could be less fiery they usually didn't stutter and look at him in fear. Unless the had crossed him somehow. He was turning out to be quite the unique dwarf. "Good, then I've come to the right place." Geralt let him take the diagrams, wondering why he was being so careful, he'd never known dwarves to be soft spoken or delicate with their touch. "Geralt. Geralt of Rivia, I'm a Witcher, hunt monsters for a living." He took his swords off his back. "We use two swords, Steel harvested from meteorites and silver blades." He looked over the crafting tools, it was one of the most impressive spread of smithing gear he'd ever seen and should make getting a set of gear easy, especially with the coin he'd saved up.

"I can pay of course, we'll have to settle on a price, but I know the type of craftsmanship I'm asking for isn't going to come cheap." Geralt motioned to the lockbox clipped to Roach's saddle, filled with Pandora pounds and gold. "I'm looking to rebuild the School here in Pandora, make more of my kind, but I need some gear for myself before that."

• Love
Reactions: Sindri

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith

Sindri paused at the mention of meteor steel, his eyebrows up in great interest at Geralt's material needs. Star metal was an absolutely spectacular medium that resonated with an essence of such exotic origin that few alchemists and witches had any notes on even its most basic of uses. True rarity- even if you had been lucky enough to witness the rock crash from the heavens, some mindless scavenger or haughty Aesir crafter wannabe would scoop it right up and away.

And silver! A fragile blade to be sure but also stunning in both utility and beauty! And of course any weakness in the metal could be easily worked around by a few simple tricks... He eyed down the swords, making no motion to grab nor even touch in fear of the little beasties that likely crawled all over them from whatever creatures found themselves at the pointy end. Though Sindri was not terribly fond of weapons in practice, he was definitely fond of the design.

Money hardly concerned him, though of course he charged. Contrary to popular belief, dwarves did not eat ore! Sindri's heart was hardly greedy, and he actually felt quite concerned about that heavy box. Was this savings, would the man still have enough for basic things? Was work good and plenty? Regardless, more than any commission, Sindri's heart was in the craft. And naturally the discovery!

"Where I come from, we just call monster hunters 'monster hunters'," he laughed quietly. "Safe to say, 'Witcher' isn't a very familiar term to me but if things go well for you that should definitely change soon! Good for you sharing your knowledge with the world!" He dug through material bags, pulling out and putting back ingots of various colors and sheens, retrieving and organizing bits and pieces after careful review.

He glanced the man up and down for a brief moment as he laid certain things out and wrote a list.

"I ah, apologize for being so shaky, you remind me a little bit of some awful people from... where I come from. No offense meant, of course! The gods- the Aesir- sure they looked very impressive, but never really had manners that were as-" he held up a raw piece of deep purple gemstone and peered at it against the light of his forge's embers, "-attractive as their looks. Violent, rude, unsanitary..." The dwarf let out an uncomfortable cough. "I can see you're none of those things, though!"

This man didn't seem bad at all. He gave Sindri respect, which the Nine realms had a distinct lack of as the winters grew colder. And though respect was hardly synonymous with a good morality, it was certainly quite the start!

"Before we discuss any payment, though, there's a few tiny, little things worth me mentioning. One, I definitely need help with translation of the writing here." Among the books that had slowly collected around the diagrams were a few translation dictionaries, none of which had helped him decipher. "Two, if you have any magic you should probably show me I promise it's for a good reason. And third," he wiggled three of his leather-gloved fingers, a little ashamed of the next statement, "I don't have any Star Metal on me. Meteorite, as you call it. None." He smiled apologetically.

• Love

Geralt of Rivia

The Witcher
Species
Witcher
Occupation
Monster Hunter
link
Geralt smirked at the little dwarf, he was interesting, and polite. "Well we're still killing monsters for coin so I wouldn't say I'm too altruistic or sharing much." Still the compliment was nice to hear, being in Pandora was a lot different than back home, lot more appreciation for those in his line of work. "Well there's no problem, I don't really understand Gods, not even sure we have them in that sense back home, spirits, demons, beings sure, not gods. Probably." He crossed his arms, things got difficult outside of his own world. He wasn't even sure what existed, of course Godlike beings could exist out there but weren't drawn in by the conjunction of spheres. Geralt chuckled at the dwarf's attempt to stave of offending him and held up a hand. "It's fine." Geralt approached and looked over the diagrams. "It's Continental Common so I should be able to help you transcribe it a bit."

His signs were magic but probably not as potent as others, he held up his hand, using igni to light up the forge, then he snuffed it out with a puff of Aard. "Simple signs, fire, air, I can make runes to slow and trap enemies seal doors, shield myself from spells or physical blows, I can transcribe the ruins for the signs." As for the part about Star Metal needing to be provided, he could handle that. "Well..." Geralt crossed his arms. "I'll just have to find a meteorite to harvest from."

Reactions: Sindri

Sindri

God of War
Species
Dwarf
Occupation
Roaming Blacksmith

Sindri flinched a little as his forge suddenly came to life at the Witcher's cast, but that fear was very quickly replaced by a gleeful beam.

"Oh how incredible!" he exclaimed as the forge just as quickly was smothered by nothing.

For Sindri, the strength of magic was hardly a matter. That it was something new impressed him greatly and with a child-like joy, because now he got to do one of his favorite things: Learn! The dwarf immediately knelt to the cinders and reached into the air above deftly, but with great care. Similarly to the paper, he seemed to pinch at something delicately, though that something for all intents and purposes seemed to only be air. When his hand withdrew, it was not air between his fingers.

An ethereal sheet of sparkling red and pale blue mist came with him, just a small patch that seemed woven of smoke where it didn't shine faintly. "Oh this is completely new!" he smiled, examining the strange item with deep curiosity. "You see, the study of magic is something very dear to me. Most dwarves just rely on blood, sweat, and tears to-" he gagged quietly- "- to make their wares. Me, I've always loved what amazing things the marriage of the mystical and material can bring. I would deeply appreciate transcription and description of even just a small part of what you know!" He pulled out a glass vial and rolled the sheet in so that he could study it more deeply and bring cooperation between it and the magic he knows. For now, he had to focus on the direct business.

"About the meteor, I might be able to help with that. I know this place is absolutely chaotic and anything is bound to be go insane at a moment's notice, yet I did see something fairly recent... I can't be sure it was a true star but something crashed down in a rocky ridge not too far from here in a very star-like fashion. Unless, of course, you just happen to have a better lead on something, like a supplier of stones from the heavens. After all, I did hear that they've put a city on the moon!" He shook his head in disbelief. "Of all places, the moon! What will they do when Sköll catches it..."

• Excited

Current Season

Status Updates

Justin McCay VERSUS Luke Skywalker:
Pinder, schminder. People should just stick with archery contests, and base all future dates on the results.
All of ya deserve love. Don't forget that. Even the skeleton fella who yells at cats and then laughs to himself
WHAT!? YOU NAMED THE AMPHITHEATER AFTER ATHENA!? But she's not even an artist! She's a boring stick in the mud! What do you do there? Watch old women weave all day? This is egregious! Egregious I tell you!
Hello mortals! It was a beautiful day today wasn't it? I know. I know. No need to thank me. But you're welcome anyways. ;)

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

• milk
    local cryptid
  • Jace
    an absolute fiend
  • Steel
    ✧・゚: *✧・゚* we are starstuff *・゚✧*:・゚✧

Forum statistics

Threads
Members