By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Frequently Asked Questions

The Pantheon

Administrator

Frequently Asked Questions

If you've got a question that isn't covered in our Guidebook forum and isn't on this list, feel free to swing by the Questions & Suggestions forum and ask us!

Activity Check
  1. When is the next Activity Check?
  2. How do I know if my character is safe for the Activity Check?
Roleplay

Applying

1. Would X fandom fit in Pandora?
  2. Can I mix together two or more different versions of a character?
  3. If I apply for a character past their last point in canon, how far ahead into the future can I take them from?
  4. Can I roleplay a character who died in their canon?
  5. What is a re-app and what's its purpose?
  6. What’s the general power level accepted for characters?
  7. Can I bring in items from my character’s canon after I've already taken them?
  8. Can my character be pulled in with an item another character in Pandora already has?
  9. If the character I’m considering is very tiny (or very large), would Pandora keep their height or make them more “normal” sized?
  10. Can I bring a character as a baby to be an NPC to my character?
  11. If I drop a character and then change my mind, can I pick up where I left off with them?
  12. If I drop a character and pick them up again more than a season later, can I give them back any Pandora abilities they lost?
  13. What if I want to apply for a character that has a complicated or criminal history in Pandora?
  14. Can an NPC companion remain in Pandora after the connected canon character has been dropped?

Threading

1. Does my character need to arrive in Pandora by a certain date?
  2. Do I have to take my character from around the same time as their previously established canonmates?
  3. Can I use canon NPCs in my threads if I didn't include them in my application?
  4. Can my character remember the last time I played them on Pandora?
  5. This is my first time playing this character on Pandora. Can I create memories of previous visits for them, or use memories of another player's time with this character?
Lore & Setting
  1. How do characters get to Pandora? How do they disappear from Pandora?
  2. Do characters age in Pandora?
  3. How do languages work in Pandora?
  4. Do characters from the same fandom recognize that a character in Pandora went missing in their world?
  5. When does a new year begin in Pandora?
  6. Is Pandora round? Is there a moon that waxes and wanes? What about constellations?
  7. Are there timezones in Pandora?
  8. Can characters produce offspring in Pandora? Can animals?
  9. If a character has a disease/condition/etc., does it still progress?
  10. Are status messages posted on StarkNet? Are they board canon or not?
  11. What happens when a character dies in Pandora?
  12. What is the Calamity? What should my character know about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Pantheon

Administrator

Activity Check

When is the next Activity Check?

Activity Checks are held 100% behind the scenes. We do not share the date of our Activity Checks with players and the dates are always randomized.​

How do I know if my character is safe for the Activity Check?

This is impossible to say, as players are not informed of the date Activity Checks are performed. However, if you post a minimum of once a week, your character should always be 100% safe, no matter when we perform the Activity Check.​

The Pantheon

Administrator

Roleplay

Applying

Would X fandom fit in Pandora?

If you’re unsure whether a fandom is appropriate or not for Pandora, first stop by our Restricted Canons thread to see if said fandom falls under one of our categories. If it doesn't and you’re still unsure whether the fandom is appropriate for the board, please post in our Questions & Suggestions forum so that Staff can look into it.​

Can I mix together two or more different versions of a character?

You can take bits and pieces of other versions of your character to further flesh them out, but your character must be one version at its core. For example, you can't take a character's personality from one version and their powers from another version. Essentially, while blank spots can be filled with headcanon (which may or may not be inspired by another version) pick one version of the character and stick with it. (i.e. Steve Rogers from the MCU, fleshed out with elements from the comics)​

If I apply for a character past their last point in canon, how far ahead into the future can I take them from?

While you can take a character from any point in their canon you want, if you are taking a character after their last appearance in canon, you can only take them up to two weeks maximum after that point.​

Can I roleplay a character who died in their canon?

Actually, it depends. A rule of thumb is that, if the character has not come back after death in some form or other in their canon, like Jason Todd from DC Universe, they can't be brought to Pandora after they died.

However, some exceptions to this are if the character is already dead in their canon, such as Annie Sawyer from Being Human, who is a ghost since the beginning of the series. Or, if they die at some point in their canon and make more than a few appearances after their death, one example being Bobby Singer from Supernatural, who lingered on as a ghost for several episodes before he moved on.

Only stick to what is portrayed in canon. If your character remained dead, they cannot be brought into Pandora past that point. If you are unsure whether you can apply for a character after their death, feel free to ask us in our Questions & Suggestions forum.​

What is a re-app and what's its purpose?

A re-app is essentially an update or correction to your character's current application and serves many purposes. Sometimes, you just want to update your application after you realized you left something out, or just want to improve on sections after more information was revealed. Other times, you might want to add to or detract from your character’s skills. We require that any changes in skills, such as a character changing into a vampire, undergo a re-app before you continue posting with the updated skills so that we can gauge the power level of the character.

You might even want to re-app your character if you want to take them from a different canon point entirely. While this only requires updating the history to match, your character will be reset. This means that they will re-enter Pandora and be given a fresh start. Luckily, there are ways for your character to remember their past time in Pandora. Read Can my character remember the last time I played them on Pandora? for more information.​

What’s the general power level accepted for characters?

Unfortunately, this is a difficult question to answer. We have no defined limits as there are so many different characters with different capabilities and powers. We don’t base things purely on a character’s power level, but what they’re capable of doing with their abilities. Practice discretion when applying for a powerful character and power them down where you see fit. If you're still unsure about a character's ability, feel free to add it in your application and Staff will determine whether it is acceptable for Pandora or not.​

Can I bring in items from my character’s canon after I've already taken them?

Yes! However, we ask that you run them by Staff before writing the items into the world, as any such item may require a re-app of the character before it can be used in threads. If you're still unsure whether your item qualifies, just ask us in the Questions & Suggestions forum.​

Can my character be pulled in with an item another character in Pandora already has?

Yes and no. Since Pandora pulls in characters from the same world but different canon points, sometimes there are duplicates of items, such as Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak. Just as long as these items are not world-breaking, or have some sort of consciousness that makes them NPCs, they should be good to go!​

If the character I’m considering is very tiny or very large, would Pandora keep their height or make them more “normal” sized?

Your character would remain whatever their canon size is. For example, if you applied for Thumbelina, then she would only be an inch or two.​

Can I bring a character as a baby to be an NPC to my character?

Yes and no. If the character at any point in canon is depicted as a fully developed and realized character, you cannot use them as an NPC to your character. For example, Damian Wayne or Luke Skywalker can't be used as NPCs for either Talia al Ghul or Padmé Amidala, as they become prominent characters later on in their canons. However, if the character never becomes prominent in canon and only ever remains a minor or background character, then it's possible.​

If I drop a character and then change my mind, can I pick up where I left off with them?

Yes, but only if it's within the same season and there hasn't been a season change in the meantime. It will be like your character never left, so they will still have all their Pandora memories and abilities intact. Don't forget to consult your roleplay partners just in case they've already threaded out your character's disappearance, though!​

If I drop a character and pick them up again more than a season later, can I give them back any Pandora abilities they lost?

Yes, but this isn't automatic the way regaining memories is. If your character was, for example, turned into a werewolf last time they were in Pandora, they wouldn't be one on arrival even if they got their memories back. The only way to regain an ability you learned the last time you were in Pandora would be to relearn it, or to travel to the Fountain of Truth located somewhere in the Dread Wastes and drink from its waters. While the Fountain isn't widespread knowledge, rumors have been circulating for decades of its magic properties that can easily prompt your character to go there to regain something they have lost.​

What if I want to apply for a character that has a complicated or criminal history in Pandora?

Newly arrived characters with high-profile criminal activity will still be held accountable for past deeds in Pandora. Due to the nature of Pandora, trials are often held in such circumstances to prove the criminal has no memory of their past crimes and are cleared of all charges. Players resetting a character should play out this trial in either a thread, or a current event article. If picking up a character you have never played before, you can assume this IC trial took place behind-the-scenes and don't have to explicitly write it out. Bear in mind that your character's history may still impact how other characters react to them.​

Can an NPC companion remain in Pandora after the connected canon character has been dropped?

No. When a canon character is dropped and vanishes from Pandora, any NPC companions which were brought in with them will vanish as well. This includes any children who have been born from pregnancies carried into Pandora. This is to allow fresh players to apply without confusion, since there can only be one when it comes to sentient NPCs.​

Threading

Does my character need to arrive in Pandora by a certain date?

Characters can arrive on any date as long as it occurs during the site's current season.​

Do I have to take my character from around the same time as their previously established canonmates?

Nope! You can take them from whenever you'd like to take them from. Canon timelines stay 100% intact regardless of whether or not canonmates are or ever have been here, so it doesn't mess around with the continuity at all.​

Can I use canon characters in my threads as NPCs if I didn't include them in my application?

No. To be fair to future players who may be interested in playing these characters, we will not be allowing the use of them as NPCs in threads. All NPCs used in threads should be original. Exceptions are made for pets, companion creatures and young children that may have been pulled in with the character, but these should be included in the application prior to roleplay.​

Can my character remember the last time I played them on Pandora?

Yes, but only if you wrote the character. They can remember as much or as little of their past time (or times) on Pandora as you want. If another player wrote them at some point, they won't be able to remember that time.​

This is my first time playing X character on Pandora. Can I create memories of previous visits for them, or use memories of another player's time with this character?

No, not if you didn't once write the character yourself.​

The Pantheon

Administrator

Lore & Setting

How do characters get to Pandora? How do they disappear from Pandora?

A varied number of thin black cords sprout from the ground, grabbing hold of the character, and drag them into the ground. Once they are pulled back up from the ground again, they are in Pandora. Characters in Pandora disappear the same way when a player drops them OOC. Black cords sprout out of the ground, seize them, and drag them into the ground.​

Do characters age in Pandora?

Aging is down to player discretion. Characters can continue to age normally, or it can be made impossible for them to upon entering Pandora, thus staying the same age they were when they were brought into the world.​

How do languages work in Pandora?

When a character enters Pandora, all verbal communication is automatically translated into their native tongue or desired language. Characters can pick up on someone talking to them in a different language if they can speak it themselves or recognize words from it, but still find that they understand everything being said (i.e., a character can understand that someone is talking to them in French, even if they barely speak it). However, written language does not translate itself unless your character uses the translation device created by Pandopolis City's Department of Magical Advancements, so characters may find it difficult reading texts from other worlds without it.

Some exceptions still exist, though. Language involved in spellcasting does not translate. Similarly, things that do not have a direct translation (such as Japanese honorifics) or that are proper nouns (such as the names of places, people, and items) do not necessarily translate, either.​

Do characters from the same canon recognize that a character in Pandora went missing in their world?

No. Characters who arrive in Pandora and encounter a fellow canonmate will be surprised to find them here, as events in their world continued as if their canonmate never left.​

When does a new year begin in Pandora?

New years in Pandora start on September 1st.​

Is Pandora round? Is there a moon that waxes and wanes? What about constellations?

Pandora is quite literally a box, with invisible walls preventing characters from moving beyond its borders except in key locations that let you venture into the Cosmic Wilderness. It's considered common knowledge that the sky is some sort of illusion and mimics Earth’s sky. The sun moves across the sky during the day and the moon waxes and wanes like Earth’s moon. Characters can't even say for sure whether Pandora is round or not. It seems round from the Cosmic Wilderness, but even then no one can land anywhere that isn't one of the main regions, nor scan anything beyond the invisible borders. The constellations themselves are also unlike anything seen in any universe before.​

Are there timezones in Pandora?

As distances are too short between regions and the sky itself is an illusion, every region operates on the same time.

Can characters produce offspring in Pandora? Can animals?

Usually, no. Conception itself does not happen in Pandora. Birth can only happen if a character conceived prior to arriving. If a character who gave birth is dropped, they vanish, as does their offspring. If a character is pregnant upon arrival, it is up to player discretion whether the character comes to term or whether they are no longer pregnant.

Animals, however, can both conceive and birth offspring in Pandora. This way, farmers can breed livestock without worrying about whether or not their resources may run out.​

If a character has a disease/condition/etc., does it still progress?

Regardless of whether a character ages or not, time does pass as it normally does in Pandora and bodily functions remain unchanged. This means that a character's hair will grow over time, they may gain or lose weight, and if they have a condition (such as a disease), that condition will progress as it normally would have outside of Pandora.

Characters can still get sick and the passage of time can have a negative effect on their body (for example, a character can still starve to death). For characters that don't age, the lack of physical aging just saves them from conditions that normally come with physical aging.​

Are status messages posted on StarkNet? Are they board canon or not?

Posting a status message with your character account tends to be played as posting a message to Pandora's social media site (StarkBook). However, these status messages default to being 100% OOC. They are not to be used to inform IC events or roleplay. You can use status messages as inspiration for threads, but information from statuses should not be used directly in threads and should not influence IC opinions.​

What happens when a character dies in Pandora?

When a character dies, their body remains for two weeks before it disappears. Characters have died and then come back to Pandora. Other characters assume that, after death, you return back home to the moment you were first taken from.

Alternatively, if a character has abilities that bring them or other characters back from death, they're free to use them instead, so long as they have been included in their apps.​

What is the Calamity? What should my character know about it?

The Calamity isn't common knowledge. The majority of the population assumes Pandora has been around for a little over a century, and that time progressed normally.

For player characters who were around during the transition between Years 7 and 108, it was a cataclysmic event that lasted for three days and completely reshaped the world, creating new regions and city hubs. In the aftermath, those player characters came to with different jobs, lives and histories. For example, a soldier might have woken up to a career as a supermodel. However, the entirety of the NPC population believes that a century passed normally, without any cataclysmic event ever taking place.

Every player character who has been accepted since then has no knowledge of the Calamity and is as ignorant about the subject as the NPC population. Those who know otherwise are in the minority, and are often dismissed as doomsayers, conspiracy theorists and the like.​

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

//Setting Wednesday as my next posting day, see you all soon <3 //
Sorry for being so absent, my loves!! Life has been crazy, as usual :( I will hopefully be back soon, thank you for being so patient with me <333
posts coming this week! things have been h e c t i c so thank you for the patience with me <3

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iknik Blackstone Varrick
Top Bottom