By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Full Circle [M]

Shoto Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

December 12th
@Enji Todoroki

A school like UA was never quiet. Even when he went to class early, there were signs of life all throughout the halls. One of the side effects of having Present Mic as a teacher, really.

That was why, as soon as Shoto found himself back in his high school, he knew it was wrong. The air was too still, there were no sounds at all. Even Shoto's own breathing sounded overwhelmingly loud as he tried to figure out where he was, because it wasn't home.

His shoes clicked against the tiles as he wandered blindly through the halls that seemed to stretch on for longer than he remembered. He wanted to call out to someone, anyone, but the oppressive atmosphere made any attempts to speak up choke before leaving his throat.

Nothing seemed to change until he was suddenly hit by a smell.

"Flowers?" he whispered, almost worried that speaking up too loudly would destroy something.

The voice, that awful, wonderful voice didn't have the same concern. "Scorpio," Joker crooned from nearby, "there you are! I've missed you so! Come here, I have your mask ready for you! And then we can go back to our work, we were so close!"

Panic, panic filled every neuron in Shoto's brain when he realized that he was trapped with him.

With a gasp, he turned and kicked the nearest door in, causing a resounding crash that echoed through the halls, but he didn't care, he just had to get away.

For a second, he thought he'd gotten away, that he was safe, but then he looked around the room, and noticed something was off. At first glance, it looked like nothing more than a classroom, with the standard number of desks and chairs and the like. However, hidden behind the teacher's desk, Shoto noticed a pair of feet sticking out.

Without thinking, he started to approach, if only to finally talk to someone other than him. The closer he got, though, the more he realized a new smell had overtaken the flowers, burnt flesh. Even still, he didn't stop until he was able to look around the desk and see exactly whose body it was.

The next second, he fell to his knees, sobbing pathetically as he stared at his mom's charred body, her eyes wide open, and starting right back.

Reactions: Enji Todoroki

Enji Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Human (genetically mutated)
Occupation
Head of Department of Intelligence
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Hell No
link
Organizer
link
Why the hell was he having a dream about UA? He hadn't gone to school there in over 20 years. It made no sense. Why was it so silent? Enji was in his Endeavor costume too for some reason, though he kept his flames off for the moment. He heard and saw no one else. No students, teachers, or other staff. Not even a janitor mopping the floor. It was creepy.

Not that he hadn't had creepy nightmares before, but this was a different sort of uneasiness. He began to walk down the halls, taking his time opening doors to classrooms and checking inside them. Still nothing. A sudden slam around the corner made him look up, and he sprinted the rest of the way over. Someone else was here after all.

He turned down the new hall and found a door already open. The air smelled of flowers and something burnt and sickening, a combination he wanted to stay away from. He didn't have a choice though. They were in there. He kept his steps quiet as he approached, and then looked inside.

Shoto? He was on the ground next to a desk, crying hard about something. The stench was worse now. What the fuck was happening? Enji took a step into the classroom.

"Shoto," he called, keeping his voice lower than he usually would.

"

Reactions: Shoto Todoroki

Shoto Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

It took Shoto a while to even realize someone had entered the room, and even longer to realize just who it was. Once it did pierce through the haze in his mind, he whipped his head around to stare at his old man, almost uncomprehendingly.

"I-I-I'm, I did- I didn't!" he started to ramble, shaking so hard he nearly smacked into the table he was sitting next to, "I hav- I'm sor-!" The words just kept getting caught in his throat whenever he glanced back down at the body.

Enji Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Hell No
link
Organizer
link
Enji had no idea how to react beyond deep confusion, which was a rare expression for him. He didn't know what to say either. What was Shoto trying to say? What was even over there? Without responding, he crossed the distance between them until he could see behind his son.

Rei's burned corpse. The sight was enough to make him flinch back, but he didn't look away. What the fuck was this sick joke? Who did this? Was this part of the dream too? He thought he was used to seeing burn victims, but this? It was almost too much. Enji tore his eyes away from it and looked at Shoto instead.

"...Get back from her," he said in as flat of a tone as he could muster. "It...that's not real." Rei wasn't here. That's what he had to believe to keep himself from doing something very rash. "She's back at home."

Shoto Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

His old man's orders were enough to jar Shoto out of his stupor enough to obey. Immediately, he scrambled to move away, at least to put the desk between himself and... the thing that looked like his mom.

Before he could speak, that voice started up again. "Not real?" Joker asked, sounding like a disappointed teacher, "doesn't it look real? It was so much work to prepare. You'd just insult poor Scorpio's handiwork?"

"I didn't! I didn't!" Shoto cried trying to cover his ears and curl up into a ball. Joker's mocking laugh still managed to ring through his head.

"Didn't you? Do you really believe that? Or is that just what you tell yourself?"

Last edited:

Enji Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Hell No
link
Organizer
link
"Who the hell's speaking?" Enji saw nothing else in the room, but someone's voice permeated the air. Were they projecting it somehow, or did they have telepathy? His shoulders tensed. Or this was some more nightmare shit, he'd almost forgotten about that. Was Shoto even real? He had to assume so until proven otherwise.

"I don't know any Scorpios," he growled. " But I do know cowards that like to hide and talk trash." It was obvious bait, but sometimes the arrogant ones fell for it and showed themselves.

Shoto Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

"Who am I?" the voice replied, disappointed, "has Scorpio not told you of me? How sad, and here I was, so excited to thank you for pushing him right into my arms."

Enji's attempts to bait him merely caused him to laugh. "Of course you know him, you helped create him! Because of you, the poor boy was just so desperate for a loving father figure. Isn't that right, Scorpio? Don't you miss our time together?"

"Sh-shut up!" Shoto cried from his fetal position. He was shaking like a leaf, unable to even move more than an inch.

"As for hiding, that's not exactly accurate. Waiting, that's it. You haven't even explored your old school, and I worked so hard to set it up for you. Isn't that what you wanted, Scorpio? After all, you were so dedicated to bringing yourself home, and now you flinch? Come, enjoy yourself! Just as you enjoyed working for me!"

The laughter started up again, fading as if the source was walking away. Shoto could only make a wounded noise and grab at his legs, pulling them closer. He just wanted to go home.

Enji Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Hell No
link
Organizer
link
"It's always gotta be a puzzle with you types," Enji said as the voice let them be. He looked down at Shoto, putting the pieces together slowly. Had he...joined some weird gang? And now this guy was trying to get him back? And why the weird nickname? He crouched next to Shoto.

"Who is he? What he going on about?" he asked. Enji looked back at the door. "...I'm gonna find and kick his ass either way, but you seem to know him."

Shoto Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Shoto took a deep (if slightly stuttered) breath once Joker was finally gone. Enji trying to ask him about it wasn't exactly comforting, but he was aware that things were getting serious. As painful as it was to explain the Circle to anyone, much less his old man, he didn't want Joker to make it sound however he wanted.

Of course, he was still crying pretty heavily, so it was hard to get the words to form correctly. In between sobs and choking, he said, "I... I thought i-it-it was a wish. They said it was just a wish. B-but I c-cou-couldn't think. H-h-he... Joker. Hi-his name is Joker, he ma-made me... I couldn't thi-think about anything but what he wanted."

Enji Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Hell No
link
Organizer
link
Even through Shoto's crying, he could figure out roughly what happened. The voice was Joker, and he had the ability to force his will on someone else. He somehow lured people in and took control. Hypnotism? No, hypnosis didn't work that deeply. It couldn't make you do things you'd never do, and Shoto...really wasn't the type to go around burning people or listening to psychopaths. It was so out of the ordinary that it had to be forced. Brainwashing, then. This sick piece of shit took over his son's body and used him to...do things he didn't want to think about, if it was related to a burned corpse. Maybe Enji was the last person that should be judging people on a moral level for how they treated Shoto, and yet he still wanted to put the disembodied voice under his boot somehow. Running off in a pissed off haze wasn't smart though.

"Alright," he said, standing up again. "Whatever this is, it has to do with him. If we want to escape it, then we'll have to look around and possibly face Joker head on." Enji paused. "You don't have to deal with him if you don't want to, but I won't let him control you again." He scratched the scar on his face. "And if you don't believe me as...myself, then at least believe in Endeavor." He was the Number 1 Hero, and even if he never earned it, he still had that responsibility on his shoulders.

Shoto Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Once Shoto was finished talking, he stuck his head between his knees and took even deeper breaths. If Daye-tan was there, she'd be able to help him calm down. He was having a nightmare, she should've been trying to wake him up. Everything was just an elaborate nightmare. It had to be.

He looked back at where he knew his mom's... body was.

It had to be.

Unthinking, he whimpered, "I wish Toby was here." She'd beaten Joker before. He wouldn't need to be afraid like this if she was there to help. Or even lead the charge. He'd be willing to follow her into danger, because she'd keep him safe.

He didn't look up at his old man, even after he got his breathing under control enough to stand, not until he had solidly planted both feet on the ground. It wasn't much more than a hesitant glance his way, but it was still some eye-contact.

"I'm not staying here," he said, "and I'm not just going to run and hide. I know I can't trust him again. I'll be fine." He was most certainly not fine, but he didn't have much of a choice, did he?

Enji Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Hell No
link
Organizer
link
Should he have been surprised that Shoto would rather have Toby Daye here? Not really. It was pretty expected. And yet Enji found himself fighting to keep a blank expression after hearing it. This wasn't the time for that. Not the time to think about a certain person that permanently eclipsed him before. Shoto still wanted to find Joker despite his earlier experience.

"...Okay then. I guess we're both going." Enji made his way to the door and checked the hall outside. He deliberately didn't tell Shoto to do anything like follow or stay close. The last thing they needed to do was have a stalemate over giving orders. They were...getting along to a degree.

Shoto Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Shoto didn't really care what his old man felt about his declaration, it was true. Toby was nice, and kind, and strong. She would've done anything to keep him safe. And anything included beating the shit out of Joker. That would've been nice to see.

Nothing in the hallway seemed to be any different upon first glance, but it wouldn't be hard to notice that a few of the doors further down were wide open. Some had light pouring out, as if they were windows letting in the sun. Others had florescent light, as to be expected indoors. Some seemed to be so dark that they were practically absorbing the light around them.

Shoto didn't follow too closely, too busy trying to get his breathing firmly back under control. Every few seconds, he'd let in a stuttered breath which needed to be tightly controlled, otherwise he'd just set himself off again.

Enji Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Hell No
link
Organizer
link
Enji refrained from saying anything else about Shoto's state. What could he even say? Don't cry? It's gonna be alright? Nothing sounded good enough. He decided to make an educated guess and picked one of the darker doors to explore first. That seemed like the kind of place Joker would hide in.

"That one," he grunted, pointing it out to Shoto before he made a cautious approach. It was best to treat this like a police raid. You never knew what waited around the corner. He cloaked one of his arms in flames just in case and leaned around the door frame to try and see through the darkness.

Shoto Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Shoto didn't really have much to say when Enji made his decision. Whatever logic he was using didn't really matter, he just wanted to go home. If the door was going to get them home faster, then that was fine by him.

Once the door was opened, it was pretty obvious on first glance that it was empty. On second glance, it seemed to be more like an alley than an actual interior of a building. Even the feeling of a cold breeze made it seem like they just stepped outside.

Despite the lack of any other living beings, as soon as they stepped inside, sounds started making their way up to them. The first was the recognizable sound of Shoto's ice as it crackled and overtook someone.

After that, a woman was weeping and begging. "Please, please! Don't do this!" she yelled, seemingly from all around them. It was if they were surrounded by the sound. The next made Shoto's blood run cold.

"It's ok," his own voice shushed, in a tone he recognized as what Scorpio sounded like before finishing someone off, "this pain is temporary. You're free now, and we will follow you soon."

With one last scream, the sound of flesh being cut was heard, and Shoto almost started hyperventilating again. He still had to recoil, covering his ears with his hands just to stop hearing the screaming tapering off as the victim certainly died.

Enji Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Hell No
link
Organizer
link
They were outside? Enji shouldn't have expected these doors to all lead to places that made sense, but why an empty alleyway- Two voices cut off his thoughts, and Enji went still to listen. The more they went on, the more he wanted to stop listening, but he just...couldn't. The crawling ice, the sound of a visceral stab, and then a death rattle. What the fuck? It made his skin crawl despite not seeing it for himself. He slammed the door shut and warped the knob with a fiery hand so it sealed shut.

"Wrong door." Maybe a sunlit door was better? His mind still occupied with processing whatever the fuck he heard (that wasn't really Shoto, right? It was more of this mind control. No sane kid talked like that to someone they were murdering, and that didn't fit Shoto) he walked and checked the next door.

Shoto Todoroki

My Hero Academia
Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

The sudden door slam managed to jar Shoto out of his shock. For once in his life, he was glad to be reminded of his old man's existence. It was good to know that he wasn't Scorpio, he wasn't with Joker, there was a pro-hero there to make things right. Like Toby, but... acceptable.

In the moment.

As they approached the next door, Shoto found himself feeling unreasonably calm. The sensation was like being hugged by his mom as a kid, when it felt like every problem was just so far away it didn't matter.

Like the first door, there weren't any people they could see. There was just a comfortable looking room, with couches that looked... so soft. Shoto just wanted to lie down, and let everything dangerous around him leave. Even the masks on the couches didn't seem so scary.

A voice, muffled as it was by a mask, started to speak. "Scorpio," it cooed, gentle as he remembered, "there you are. We've missed you so much. After you just left, it hasn't been the same. That's alright, though, we can't wait for you to come back."

"Aquarius?" he asked, voice soft and unfocused. Without thinking, he started taking a few steps into the room.

Current Season

Status Updates

What an astonishing world!
This was NOT what I was expecting when I opened my eyes this morning.
I'm such a great political figure. ;)
Writing an entire post on the phone in less than thirty minutes versus the two hours it takes on the computer.

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Crane
Top Bottom