By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private good morning at the time of farewell

Ritsuka Fujimaru

Fate
An Extraordinarily Ordinary Girl
Race
Human
Occupation
Master, Mage
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
waiting for best kouhai
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Date: jan. 1st, y109
OST: once we were
Tag: @Pannacotta Fugo

「every second, every moment is dear to me-- i, too, am living in the world where you are.」
.​
Pale blue hallways. An endless blizzard raging outside. Linoleum floors and flourescent lights that reminded one more of a hospital or a lab than a home.

Chaldea Security Organization-- located thousands and thousands of feet above sea level, on top of a snowy mountain where blizzards rage on almost endlessly. An organization meant to secure and protect humanity's past and future. To Ritsuka, it was home. A home that, for more reasons than one, she truly, deeply missed. Now, once more, she was standing idly in its halls.

In fact, it was those reasons that made her realize it was all a dream almost immediately, instead of momentarily thanking whichever gods she could think of for bringing her back home. That, and the fact she didn't have someone immediately flocking to her side with some problem or some general odd way of saying good morning. No Kiyohime being all uncomfortably lovey-dovey. No Emiya or Boudica or Mash waking her up bright and early for breakfast. If she were really back in Chaldea, things would've gotten chaotic immediately. Instead, the halls were barren of staff and Servant... only her, and... huh?

'It could be worse,', She thought with a sigh, remembering some less-than-pleasant images of the events leading to the whole Lostbelt problem as she moved over to the familiar figure laying on the cold tile floor. Did Fugo get sucked into this mess? Poor guy. At least things didn't seem to go to shit immediately, but she'd still have to give him a warning, just in case. Also, she'd totally have to apologize for getting him involved with her weird dream bullshit.

"Hello? Helloooo?" She droned casually, kneeling down beside him. "Can you hear me? Are you awake, Fugo? There's better places to sleep, y'know." It'd be a rude awakening, but at least they didn't seem to be participants in a killing game. Again, in Gudako's case.

Reactions: Pannacotta Fugo

Pannacotta Fugo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Race
Human
Occupation
Crimes for Dimes
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
In a committed relationship with self-hatred
link
As Pannacotta Fugo awoke from uneasy dreams, he found himself displaced from his bed. Cold hard floor. Not an expected situation... Not one he particularly wished to confront. The teen willed his eyes closed, not willing to deal with this shit right now.

And it would have worked too, if not for an unexpected variable entering the equation.

"Guess this isn't just a simple vivid dream," Fugo said with annoyance plain in his tone as he opened his eyes and sat up. "If my brain concocted a situation in which someone tried to force me awake, it'd use Narancia or Mista. Definitely not you." In all fairness, thinking this was just a dream wasn't too odd. After all, he was wearing his normal clothes. If this was a kidnapping, he wouldn't have been changed out of his pajamas.

Now that he could actually look around, he quickly realized that both him and Gudako were in a fairly barren hallway. Using a wall as support, Fugo stood up. "Well, Ritsuka Fujimaru, you seem pretty calm. I take it that means you have some idea of what is going on?" he asked, still seeming relatively nonplussed.

Reactions: Ritsuka Fujimaru

Ritsuka Fujimaru

Fate
Race
Human
Occupation
Master, Mage
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
waiting for best kouhai
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

「every second, every moment is dear to me-- i, too, am living in the world where you are.」
.​
On some level, she was almost reminded of how she was when she first arrived. Passed out on the ground and woken up by a cute girl. But, she was not Mash, and the way she was bugging Fugo awake was nowhere as polite as her kouhai was and was missing a certain Chaldean mascot.

"Well, you aren't wrong, kind of." She grunted slightly as she sprung back up to her feet. "I'd probably consider this... a shared lucid dream? Or something like that," For someone who just woke up in some random hallway, she was fairly nonchalant. Why's that? Because she's used to bullshit like this. Weird dreams were a near-daily occurrence for the teenage mage, and most of them were of the life-or-death variety. Luckily for the two of them, this didn't seem to be one like that.

She had drifted into her own thoughts before Fugo asked her about the situation, causing the girl to look somewhat surprised for a split-second. "Oh, this? Honestly, I don't know what's going on. I'm used to all sorts of weird dreams-- Servant memories and dealing with lingering regrets and traumas and all that-- so I just figured this was like that. I don't know why you're here, honestly." Perhaps she could've worded it better, but it was true. Back home, the events of her dreams made sense due to the mental link that Masters and Servants shared. In Pandora, the worst things that she got from her Servants were nightmares about the sad and scary parts of their stories. No fighting, just... dreams.

"I don't think anything bad should happen to us-- I hope not, at least." She smiled brightly, any confusion and concern impossible to read on her confident expression. "If I had to show this place off, I'd probably prefer it to be a bit more lively, but I'll take what I can get! Welcome to Chaldea Security Organization, dream edition!"

Pannacotta Fugo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Race
Human
Occupation
Crimes for Dimes
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
link
A shared lucid dream? Well... That wasn't suspicious in the slightest. It sounded more like some sort of messed up stand ability than anything, but Fugo was aware of something else that could cause this. It would be highly unlikely, though. "Well, I hope this doesn't make my sleep any less restful," the young gangster remarked casually, the gears in his head turning as he mulled over the situation. "I had a hard time getting to sleep in the first place." Due to his housemates.

Apparently, this bullshit was old hat to Gudako. "You go into the dreams of your walking anachronisms on a regular enough basis for this to not bother you? As always, I pity you," Fugo told her bluntly, as he began to pace back and forth. He needed some mint to chew on, but there wasn't any in his pockets. Damn annoying oversight by whatever had put him here! "So you have no idea about the 'why' of the situation either. That's irritating." He'd need to test if his stand still worked in here, given the fact that this was most likely some form of dream. That was a matter for later, though.

And the surprises just piled up! This was apparently a representation of the base that Gudako worked and lived in. "Is the weather this bad in reality? Did they really design your outfit that way with these conditions?" he asked incredulously, focusing in on the first irritating thing he noticed. The howling wind of the blizzard outside was impossible for him to ignore, anyways. "And are you really going to show me around? Doesn't that strike you as a bit... reckless? Just because you're familiar with similar situations doesn't mean that it will be safe to just give me a tour right now, you know." Not that he was entirely averse to it himself, but the complete lack of caution from his current companion wasn't encouraging.

"Ah, by the way, you wouldn't have happened to have consumed any magical drugs recently, would you? Or perhaps eaten anything suspicious? Because I'm pretty sure there is a pill out there with the sole purpose of creating shared lucid dreams." Just a possibility, but he couldn't give her enough trust to instantly rule it out.

Ritsuka Fujimaru

Fate
Race
Human
Occupation
Master, Mage
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
waiting for best kouhai
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Date: jan 1st, y109
OST: chaldea
Tag: pannacotta fugo

.​
"As long as nothing happens, you'll probably only feel kinda groggy at worst. Physical injuries usually don't transfer to the real world besides some aches, from my experience." She replied with a non-committal shrug. Usually she'd wake up exhausted, but considering how no ghosts or zombies or the like had shown up yet, there was a good chance this would just be a normal dream. Wandering around a quiet Chaldea, the only sounds besides their voices being the blizzard outside.

The blunt remark of pity made her scowl slightly, but it wasn't like she was fond of intruding on their memories. "Hey, it's true, but that's a little rude to call them that." She huffed, pouting slightly as she watched him pace. "I know why this happens usually-- Servants and Masters share a mental link with their contact, meaning Masters often see their Servant's memories in their dreams. I thing I don't get is why you're here. ... No offense." She crossed her arms, shutting her eyes momentarily as she thought, before they opened again as the topic changed to her clothes.

She had been equipped with the Arctic Uniform Mystic Code in this dream, the dark outfit contrasting against the sterile color of Chaldea's halls... and the raging weather outside. "Yep. It's like this pretty much every day of the year-- It's only cleared up twice since I've been here... but usually, we don't have to go outside. My original uniform was a lot more cozy... honestly, I don't get why this is the Arctic Uniform, either." She tugged incredulously at the collar before pausing with his question about her lack of caution. "If there's anything hostile here, we already would've been attacked. Besides-- if these are my memories, then Chaldea being like this is..." Her voice trailed off as the contemplated something, before shaking her head.

"Nevermind, just trust me on this, alright? I might not look like it, but I know what I'm doing." Her tone softened somewhat as she decided to end that little comment there, smiling over her shoulder as she turned to start walking down the hall, only getting a step in when she was asked about... drugs? Gudako made a slight face.

"Yuck, no way. Never heard of that kind of stuff." She sounded kind of offended by the insinuation. "I don't do drugs or drink-- and I especially don't eat or drink weird stuff. Not after Nobu nearly got me possessed by an outer god on New Year's... on accident, of course, but still." The statement was made idly, as if it were a mundane occurrence in the girl's life despite being a one-time event. "Anyways-- come on. I can show you Da Vinci's workshop if you want." She hummed teasingly, hoping that it wouldn't rile him enough for some sort of outburst but enough to get him to accept the tour.

Pannacotta Fugo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Race
Human
Occupation
Crimes for Dimes
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
link
"You're making assumptions about how this will work. Most dangerous thing you can do in a strange situation, really," Fugo responded plainly, though he notably wasn't directly arguing with her assertions that this experience would be safe. "I'm not going to walk over a bed of hot coals if I see one, is all I'm saying." It was all well and good to assume damage wouldn't transfer over, but he knew from his research that a bad batch of Morpheus Drops could also cause dream injuries to manifest. "Still... I'll give you a bit of trust."

He had to be the voice of reason and rationality. That was his one job.

"As for why I'm here... that's a mystery I wouldn't even know where to start with. Once we wake up, I'll need to look into similar cases. Find out if this is a widespread Pandora problem, like the ones that seem to ebb and flow like clockwork with the changing seasons, or just an 'us' problem," he added, sincerely hoping it was the former. "I really hope I haven't been mentally linked to someone again," the teen added without elaborating.

It was good that his critique of the outfit was received with agreement. Disagreement would have thrown Gudako's intelligence into question. "At the very least, here and now, I look far less prepared for this environment," Fugo remarked, gesturing at the holes in his jacket. "Of course, this whole outfit was meant to be worn in the Spring and Summer, and in Italy rather than the Arctic." It was rather strange he didn't have the undersuit with him in this dream, despite him having begun to wear it around this time of year.

He laughed for a few seconds at the rather ridiculous response he had gotten for his admittedly absurd question about drugs. Then he realized that she was being completely sincere about that incident. "...I refuse to ask for more details. Let's just get on with this tour. Maybe 'Da Vinci's' Workshop will make me angry enough to forget that anecdote."

Ritsuka Fujimaru

Fate
Race
Human
Occupation
Master, Mage
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
waiting for best kouhai
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

.​
He had every right to be a little cautious, but at the same time, it was hard for her to rationalize it for herself. Perhaps she's become numb to all the weird stuff that happens to her? At least he was trusting her a bit. "Yeah, yeah," She replied with a light scoff, though she understood not wanting to put himself in harm's way.

"I feel like it'd be a little too sudden for this to be an 'us problem', but... this is Pandora." Weird stuff was the norm. Gudako's life wasn't exactly normal, but there was a bit of consistency that Pandora didn't bring her. It felt like every month something crazy would happen and blindside her. It kept her on her toes a bit, at least. Unfortunately for Fugo, the last comment didn't go unnoticed. "Well, if we've got a mental link, you wouldn't mind me bossing you around like I do with the Heroic Spirits, right?" She joked, though she kind of wondered how well he'd take being compared to a Servant in this remark.

A glance went to his outfit, as if just noticing he was in that odd suit she had first met him in. "Oh, yeah. Neither of us would dream of surviving the winter in these clothes." She nodded pensively.

The laughter had caught her off guard as she started the tour, the silence of the halls countered by footsteps and chatter. At least he quickly realized she wasn't joking. She wouldn't want to have to confess it herself. "Listen, it wasn't the worst New Year's of my life." She commented with a hum, "But yeah, Da Vinci's workshop is cool. You'd like it. If only she was here, though..." She sighed, continuing the walk down the hall until she suddenly paused, gaze fixing itself on one of the rooms lining the inside hallway.

The room was sealed off from view by an automatic door, with a button under an electronic display to open it. The display read the name of the room's owner-- Ritsuka Fujimaru, Master Candidate # 48.

"Ah-- of course it'd still be here!" She exclaimed, moving to proudly display the... quite bland exterior. "Sorry, but-- this is my room!"

Pannacotta Fugo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Race
Human
Occupation
Crimes for Dimes
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
link
She thought that this was too sudden to be a personal issue? He personally agreed that it being a more widespread thing was more likely, but not the only option. "Trust me, these things can happen in an instant. Once picked up a random coin and suddenly had my thoughts linked with someone all the way in the Vales," he told Gudako. "Honestly, I'm getting a sick and tired of magic bullshit like that."

Fugo shot his friendly acquaintance a disdainful look at being compared to a servant. His natural place in the world was as a subordinate, but not like that. "Feel free to spout all the orders you want. Not a chance in hell I'll obey, though," the man remarked, his expression returning to a more neutral state. He wasn't quite getting frustrated or angry yet. Honestly, he'd be a terrible servant, in terms of being cooperative. One only needed to look at his past to tell he couldn't be trusted to stay loyal.

There was yet more confirmation that Gudako's life was a complete disaster, and more mentions of Da Vinci that made his blood pressure rise, but Fugo stayed silent for the moment as they walked. There really was no justification to ask her to elaborate, curious though he was. It wasn't like Fugo talked freely about his tragic past, so he couldn't expect any different from her.

Still, his silence was broken when he saw what had drawn Ritsuka's attention. The display was enough to tell him what it was, even as it reminded of the fact that there were many others (47?) like Gudako that hadn't been lucky enough to still be alive. Yeah, Fugo felt justified in not requesting details. That was just the catalyst that forced her to take on all this responsibility, so who knows how bad things could have gotten later?

The surprisingly bland sight that lay beyond the door was enough to know him out of his own depressing thoughts, though. "Really? You lived here?" Fugo asked incredulously, eyes scanning over the entire area. "It's... sensible. I would have figured you to have one that looks more... distinctive." Even his room had more personal touches than this! "Really doesn't deserve the bombastic introduction you gave it."

Ritsuka Fujimaru

Fate
Race
Human
Occupation
Master, Mage
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
waiting for best kouhai
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

.​
"Eh? Really?" Gudako questioned with a slightly incredulous tone, sympathetic to Fugo's plights. Magic that explicitly linked thoughts was tricky and unpleasant. "Yikes. I'd say you're lucky you don't have to deal with it much, but... haha..." She trailed off into an awkward laugh as she further emphasized Pandora's random nature, and with her joke getting a response.

Fugo's remark made her laugh a bit, though in a way that also made it seem like she didn't particularly believe him. But, the remarks didn't matter much. Her focus was entirely on showing off Chaldea, even if the tour included her room.

With the automatic door opening horizontally, the sterile room was put on display. It was... surprisingly clean, considering her lifestyle, with very little personalization besides a photo on one of the shelves and a small, very beat up journal on the bedside table. A container was also hidden under her bed, but not in view enough to ascertain what it held. It was a sterile room that matched Chaldea's sterile atmosphere, only punctuated with the silence.

The comments about the room's lackluster appearance seemed to get to Gudako, who began to pout as she walked into the room while throwing her hands in the air. "You can say some nicer things, y'know! This is my room!!" She cried, turning around to face him from the doorway as she stood in the center of the room, near her bed. "This place only gets messy when I have to do paperwork. I'll get scolded if I leave a single sock out, otherwise." Perhaps it wasn't the best thing to brag about, but she was going to defend her cozy little room.

"... Though, it's a lot more interesting when everyone decorates my room for the holidays. My room looks crazy during Halloween and Christmas-- oh, and New Year's, too!" She laughed awkwardly, moving back to the hallway and closing the door behind her-- sealing the room from the world again as the tour continued in the direction of Da Vinci's workshop.

"By the way-- do you have any questions about Chaldea or anything? As your tour guide for tonight and historical trivia master, I'd be glad to tell you anything you wanna know!"

Pannacotta Fugo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Race
Human
Occupation
Crimes for Dimes
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
link
"Well in an organization whose ranks are filled with some of the greatest figures in human history, forgive me for thinking that the room of the boring girl serving as a linchpin is a bit underwhelming," Fugo responded, voice filled with pure snark. "It definitely makes more sense now that I know you'll be called out on it if you let it turn into a mess. God knows that's the only reason some people in my house put in even a token effort to clean up."

It was actually even cleaner than his own room, to be honest. The young gangster, due to being the one with the most brain cells to rub together, was normally saddled with all the number crunching and paperwork of everyday life, and a good quarter of his space was filled with an organized chaos of forms and files. It wasn't like he could outsource busywork like that to Giorno, after all, and he'd sooner die than trust paperwork to Narancia.

Still, at the very least, he didn't have to deal with spontaneous decorating. Not that it seemed like Gudako was bothered by it, but he knew that he'd personally be fuming if someone put a tree or some bullshit like that by his bed. "Does 'everyone' mean your servants? Do all those guys actually celebrate holidays like that?" the blonde teen asked curiously. "I'm sure a good deal of them must have been around before some of those even became significant dates... heck, I bet you've got a lot that predate the Gregorian calendar entirely!"

As for other, more general questions... That was a tough one. Fugo knew that most answers would probably open up new questions. After remaining silent for a bit, he opened up his mouth again and asked "So, how big is this organization? You've only ever really talked about the servant/master side of things, but just maintaining a base this large should take a significant amount of manpower. What's the chain of command look like?" It was easiest to think of points to focus on when he visualized this as a gang.

Ritsuka Fujimaru

Fate
Race
Human
Occupation
Master, Mage
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
waiting for best kouhai
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

.​
In mock childish anger, Gudako stuck her tongue out at Fugo as he continued his snarky observations of her bland, sterile room. Though, admittedly, she couldn't help but share the sentiment somewhat, it was still her bedroom. She wasn't going to let someone talk trash about it! "How bad is it at your place? I can't imagine how crazy it's gotta be with what, 2 other Stand Users in the same house?" She asked curiously, remembering past coversations with Fugo. "Which one was the one who usually trashes the place? That blond jerk?"

Sure, she knew he had a name, but was she going to use it out of petty spite? Absolutely. Wallet theft was a silly thing to be so hung up on, but she couldn't help but hold this silly grudge for some reason or another.

Changing the topic to the holidays was much better, though. Gudako was kind of worried about what could affect the dream, whether it be memories bubbling up or emotions. A happy topic was a good way to make sure they wouldn't have to find out the hard way if emotions would change Chaldea's current state. "Yup, we celebrate everything we can, but it typically winds up being more mainstream holidays like Valentine's and Christmas and stuff." She explained, eager to flex her knowledge of this odd bit of trivia. "When Servants get summoned, the Throne of Heroes fills them in on a bunch of stuff they wouldn't have known about in life, in order to prevent communication issues and other issues that'd arise with summoning someone from like, Ancient Mesopotamia to the modern era."

She'd tell him about all of the adventures they'd get into around the holidays, like the Christmas adventures of the Great Kotatsu War of the new year-- but she figured that he'd go apeshit if he heard about stuff like Jeanne d'Arc Alter Santa Lily. It was something even she had a hard time recognizing as a real event in her life sometimes.

The topic switched once more with his question about Chaldea's hierarchy, and while she thought it was a fairly valid question, her expression got a little... complicated. "I thought you'd ask about something cooler..." She griped for a moment, "But, I'm a girl of my word! I'll try to answer the best I can." Her tone returned to its usual eagerness as she spoke and walk, hands folded behind her head casually.

"From what I know, Chaldea is a pretty big organization, considering how much work goes into the whole 'preserving the human order' mission it has. While it's run like an observatory, with a majority of the staff having some specialty with astrology-- whether it be regular science or magecraft-- the hierarchy here tends to be more like a military's." She explained, a casual air to her tone as she repeated things that she had discovered on her own or was told by those more knowledgable about the base. "Chain of command was something that was kind of something I ignored on some level, considering everything. I mean... we were kind of supposed to get permission from the U.N. and the Clock Tower to even Rayshift, but they were incinerated so we just did what we needed to." She shrugged it off.

"Sorry if it's a lackluster explanation, I'm probably the worst person you could've asked about that stuff." She laughed awkwardly as she turned to walk backwards to face the teen, "I waaaaas kind of a last minute recruit for this, after all."

Pannacotta Fugo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Race
Human
Occupation
Crimes for Dimes
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
link
"Giorno making a mess? Not a chance. He's very organized and neat... It's just his other habits that can cause issues," Fugo said, defending his boss' reputation somewhat. Even if the blonde mafioso's presence meant he could expect a lot of random animals, there wasn't much of a mess at home. "The real problem child is Narancia. Aside from just the normal things like a messy room, he has a stupid fucking habit of shooting up the walls! One time I just heard him yell 'Oh shit, a rat!' and suddenly his stand had dropped a small bomb in the goddamn living room!"

The rat had died, but that was besides the point.

It was definitely interesting that all her servants got an automatic primer on the modern world, but in hindsight he should have expected as much. Even people who were merely from different economic strata could have trouble relating to each other, so servants that could be anywhere from a century to many millenniums back would have a hell of a time interacting with a modern master. "It's still a bit interesting to me," he remarked. "Knowing about a holiday and deciding to celebrate it are two different matters, after all. Not that they shouldn't do it, just that it's surprising so many of them would."

He wasn't even the slightest bit guilty about asking a "boring" question. This was the sort of stuff that fascinated the young stand user. And it was interesting! But, the moment Gudako mentioned the UN, his expression changed to one of pure befuddlement for a few moments as he processed it and all the ramifications. By the time she had finished speaking, she'd be able to see his face contorted into some sort of grimace.

"So... Chaldea is backed by the UN? As in the United Nations?" he asked rhetorically, already sure he had understood correctly but not wanting to believe it. "That's fucking ridiculous! Imagine someone just getting themselves a nice position there and suddenly they start talking about magic like it's completely goddamn natural!" How would it feel to slowly work your way up politically only to get rewarded with the knowledge that magic is real and time itself is being fucked with and only the spirits of history could save the day?

Fugo sighed and shook his head. "I regret asking, almost. That would be about as shocking as if I found out Speedwagon Foundation was working with Passione," the gangster stated. "...God, and this means you're supposed to be subordinate to not only the asshole mages but also the government. Getting dragged into something like that out of nowhere is pretty... intense."

Ritsuka Fujimaru

Fate
Race
Human
Occupation
Master, Mage
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
waiting for best kouhai
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Gudako didn't know what to reply to his woes with other than with an amused yet awkward laugh, practically coughed out. She was used to some stuff, but she never had to deal with one of her Servants bombing a rat. In the end, the only thing she could reply with was a solemn "Good luck, buddy." and leave it at that.

His interests in why Servants celebrated modern holidays was shared, at least. "Yeah, I guess it'd be kinda weird from your perspective..." She mused, not meaning it in any sort of negative way. He wasn't as familiar with them as she was. "I think they just want to experience stuff they hadn't been able to in life, maybe?" A shrug. She didn't want to psychoanalyze her Servants, it wasn't her place. "All I can tell really you is that Valentine's is here is basically hell on Earth."

Fugo's momentary disbelief was kind of amusing, listening as he went on about the United Nations and how it must suck to become a government official and learn that magic's real. "Well, time-traveling to save humanity is something that's gotta be monitored by some government association, right? Plus, honestly, a bit of Chaldea's staff are normal scientists and engineers-- imagine how crazy everything must have been for them." She replied casually, clearly amused by his outburst as he cooled down.

"Well, I didn't have to deal much with the political stuff after we stopped the incineration of humanity, so I wouldn't really say I work with the government..." She mumbled, her amused demeanor crumbling slightly as she laughed cautiously. "But, yeah, it's all pretty crazy to suddenly get roped into."

She paused for a moment, before looking to Fugo curiously. "Did I ever tell you about the stuff that led up to me coming to Chaldea?"

Pannacotta Fugo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Race
Human
Occupation
Crimes for Dimes
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
link
Well, putting up with Narancia's bullshit was well worth it, even if Fugo wouldn't say so out loud. Compared to what his life was like knowing that his friend would never be able to aggravate him again... he'd shell out the cash for repairing the house. A bit of luck would be nice, though.

"I suppose that seeking out new experiences is admirable in its own way, even if I prefer to stick to what I know works," the young gangster remarked, definitely not making an excuse for his inability to take risks. Definitely not! "Tell me, though, how is Valentine's here? Fair trade for my anecdote about Narancia." He was morbidly curious about what counted as "hell on earth" to someone with a life like Gudako's.

At the very least, it would probably be better than further contemplating the structure of Chaldea. It was just so... baffling. "I'm certain the only reason you ever get anything done is because they were incinerated," Fugo stated dryly, clearly expressing his opinion of the government. Living on the darker side of the law, being intimately aware of how corrupt and stupid all the men in charge were, he couldn't perceive them as anything but obstructive bureaucrats. Same system that created men like Abbacchio. "Must suck to be a scientist working there. You might get to work on research and technology unknown to the wider world, but there's no way you'll get to publish it in a journal."

"And you haven't told me about how you got selected for the task of carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders," he concluded. "But, knowing you, it's either incredibly mundane or highly bizarre. You only exist in extremes."

Ritsuka Fujimaru

Fate
Race
Human
Occupation
Master, Mage
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
waiting for best kouhai
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

.​
She had almost forgotten that he was a bit of a stick in the mud. She could understand why he'd want to play it kinda safe, but at the same time... well, she just thought he could use a little shove into widening his horizons.

The topic changing to Valentines suddenly made her a little self-conscious about her griping about the holiday. "Well, I'll preface this by saying that I am entirely grateful for everyone I summoned, and I actually like having a chance to show my gratitude to both the Servants and the staff!" She began, "But, I can't tell you how hellish it is to make chocolate for well over 200 people, and then get a surplus of chocolates in return! Don't get me started on the choco-Servants incident either-- or Semiramis using her Noble Phantasm as a chocolate factory!!"

After finishing her mini-rant, she lets out an awkward cough into her fist. "A-anyways, yeah, Valentine's is a trip, as to be expected. At least I learned how to make some really good chocolates at least."

The talk returning to the topic of Chaldea was much nicer than... well, a girl complaining about silly stuff. She didn't like complaining about her circumstances, considering she was the only one who could Rayshift and fix things. She didn't necessarily have the right to complain. "I think it'd suck being a scientist here for plenty more reasons than that, Fugo." She teased, "But-- yeah, I guess that would suck a bit. I've never heard anyone really complain about that, though."

She could have sworn she told him about how she wound up at Chaldea, but it appeared she hadn't. That's fine. "Honestly, I still kinda get mad remembering it. It was so out of the blue." She hummed in thought, "I was on my way home when I saw a blood drive at the train station-- apparently it was one of Chaldea's little stations to find Master candidates, but I couldn't tell. I wound up deciding to donate blood, and then the guy running it lost it when he saw how high my compatability potential was. Apparently it was the highest they've ever seen, I think... 100% or something? So he was begging me to join Chaldea." She recalled, a tinge of annoyance in her flat tone, as if she were recalling a boring lecture or something.

"I got freaked out and booked it home, and the guy kept chasing me and nagging me! It was so freaky... he managed to calm down enough to explain it to my parents, and... honestly? It was not the best way to find out I'm magic, apparently. I wound up agreeing once I heard how much it'd pay, since it'd help my parents out, and... well, you know the rest." She gave a bored shrug.

• Haha

Pannacotta Fugo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Race
Human
Occupation
Crimes for Dimes
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
link
"Geez, I'm sorry I asked," Fugo responded, giving Gudako a sympathetic look. "I guess it's normal in Japan to give chocolate to everyone, then? Definitely would make it difficult for someone like you in the center of basically everything." And, apparently, there was also some distinctly ridiculous magical shenanigans involving servants made of chocolate? Servants using chocolate? He really didn't want to know. "Well, at least you picked up a decent skill from it."

It was hard to get a read on how his friend actually felt about all of this. Ritsuka Fujimaru seemed, on the surface, to wear her heart on her sleeve, but there was no way anyone could actually be so normal after a life like this.

Perhaps he was a bit too focused on trivial matters himself. No scientist working in a secret magical institution would be expecting to get any recognition, after all. "Ha, well I guess you're right about that," the young gangster conceded. "Working on the cutting edge of a completely alien field probably more than makes up for it, for a scientist."

He shut up and listened once Chaldea's great master revealed her origin story. The young man kept opening up his mouth to interject, slightly shocked and appalled throughout, but he managed to restrain himself until the explanation finished. Finally able to collect his thoughts now that the stream of bullshit leading to the recruitment had ended, Fugo began to say "...That is the shadiest goddamn thing I've ever heard. Like, they were just holding blood drives and planning to accost anyone who showed potential? Coercing them into this with offers of cash?" He shook his head dismissively.

"What the fuck were they going to do if you refused? No, wait, I really don't want to know," Fugo continued. "Seriously, though, that sounds more like how you'd get roped into a gang. Except it isn't, because I got roped into a gang and it was the least shady offer I've ever been given!"

Ritsuka Fujimaru

Fate
Race
Human
Occupation
Master, Mage
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
waiting for best kouhai
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Date: jan. 1st, y109
OST: exciting journey
Tag: pannacotta fugo

.​
"Something like that. Chocolates you give out to classmates and coworkers, or get from your parents, are usually cheap "obligation chocolates"." She said with a noncommital shrug. "The chocolates I hand out are more like "friend chocolates" than obligation ones. There's the usual lovey-dovey stuff-- but, in general, it's just a day to show your gratitude to the people you care about." She felt like it was important to clarify, especially with the thought that crossed her mind with the talk.

"This Valentine's, I can make some friend chocolates for you and your housemates, if you want! It's not like I'll be crazy busy this year, after all." She offered cheerfully, turning down a corridor. Of course, she truly wanted to show her gratitude for yet another year, but on some level, it was a grasp for a sense of "normalcy" she missed.

She didn't want to think about it too much, so she instead focused on the conversation. Especially on Fugo's reaction to her story. She had expected him to be a little madder, but his reaction was still kind of funny to hear.

"Tell me about it," She huffed. "I thought I was about to get dragged into a cult... it was super scary." She shuddered comically at the memory. "I feel like I probably got sucked into something a little worse than a cult, but hey. What can you do, am I right?" She joked, shrugging nonchalantly.

As they walked down the corridor, the girl paused in front of a wider door, the display reading the room's title. "Da Vinci's Workshop". It was hard to tell it apart from the other rooms in the hall due to the uniform nature of the facility, but they had reached their location. "Here we are! The illustrious workshop of the one-and-only Da Vinci-chan!" She cheered proudly, putting her hands on her hip before looking to Fugo. "You want to do the honors of opening the door?" She offered, using her head to motion to the button for the door.

Last edited:

Pannacotta Fugo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Race
Human
Occupation
Crimes for Dimes
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
link
Well, that was an interesting cultural difference. Definitely made the holiday more inclusive for those not romantically inclined, though on the other hand that meant it was socially pressured to participate in all likelihood. "Are you including Giorno when you refer to my housemates?" Fugo joked, well aware of how Gudako felt about his blonde teammate. "Anyways, I guess there wouldn't be any issues there. Narancia would never refuse free chocolate."

He'd have to put something together to reciprocate... Well, he could think about that once he wasn't busy having a weird shared dream.

"A cult would be easier to walk away from, probably," he remarked, only half-joking. "Most people probably wouldn't have been able to deal with half of what you've gone through." The responsibility, all the lives counting on her, would be enough to break most individuals. "And to think it all started like that... Well, the most significant events can stem from the most trivial choices." If he hadn't tried to skip that bill, Bruno Bucciarati would have never looked Fugo's way.

What would his life have looked like?

That train of thought was cut short by them arriving at their destination. The workshop of Leonardo da Vinci, Renaissance man among Renaissance men... and a girl. For some reason. God, it pissed him off to think about it, even now. "Alright, let's get this over with," the blonde teen said with a grimace, before slamming his hand onto the button.

He looked towards the opening door expectantly, waiting to see what would be inside.

Current Season

Status Updates

What an astonishing world!
This was NOT what I was expecting when I opened my eyes this morning.
I'm such a great political figure. ;)
Writing an entire post on the phone in less than thirty minutes versus the two hours it takes on the computer.

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Crane
Top Bottom