Complete Hello To You Too

This roleplay has reached its conclusion.
Description
Meeting A Doppel Is A Bad Time

Coco Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Mutant Bandicoot
Height
4'9
Occupation
Bandicoot
Alignment
Chaotic Good
"I dunno if it'll be a boon, cause they'll be hounding you about weird stuff he does." Coco scrunches her snout slightly as a thought occurs to her, "Though in theory, if you went out in PJ's that'd ruin his life a little."

She reluctantly shifts to try and get up. "Ugh, I'm gonna be drippy everywhere, but I should try to... dry off."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Wait what
"Oh don't worry I don't have any plans to make myself look like some sort of...freaking model. The only reason I haven't chopped my hair off is because you like playing with it so much." Bucky snorted, patting her back again. "Go get a shower and changed, put your wet clothes in the washer. We'll need to go get some clothes for your brother soon too, despite whatever he might think of the idea."

Coco Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Mutant Bandicoot
Height
4'9
Occupation
Bandicoot
Alignment
Chaotic Good
The comment about Crash makes the twelve year old laugh a little. "Just don't try to get him in shirts. He goes all stiff and won't move." She mimics the gesture, going wide-eyed and snapping her arms to her side, miming like she's going to fall over. She catches herself, laughing again.

"When I get dry, we'll talk a bit more." She says a bit more quietly, growing briefly a bit more somber.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Wait what
"Sounds like Alpine," Bucky said with a snort, before reaching for his crutches and pushing to his feet. "I'll be on the couch. I was just checking the tomatoes upstairs anyway. Got a few more days before those are ready."

He didn't hesitate to make his way there once Coco headed off, picking up the book he'd been picking through about knitting that Coco had insisted on his getting. By the time she would come back, he'd be squinting at the pages, clearly unsure of whatever he was looking at.

Coco Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Mutant Bandicoot
Height
4'9
Occupation
Bandicoot
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Coco returns after a bit, decidedly drier, and changed into the clothes Bucky had brought to her. Her fur is still damp in places, but she's not soaked through. Her blonde hair is a bit of a mess of curls.

"Are you having trouble with that?" She questions, moving to settle down on the couch with him. The bandicoot is content to invade Bucky's space. She trusts her Bucky without question.

Then she pauses as she realizes what book he's reading, and frowns a little.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Wait what
"Not so much trouble with it as just trying to figure out how a person with only two hands is supposed to do this three needle shit," Bucky muttered, holding up the book to show the picture to Coco. "Are you sure knitting isn't some kinda superpower people are born with?"

He still reached out with his other hand to put an arm around Coco, holding her closer. "You feel better now that you're cleaned up?"

Coco Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Mutant Bandicoot
Height
4'9
Occupation
Bandicoot
Alignment
Chaotic Good
"I'm pretty sure it's learned, at least from what I saw online." Coco answers with a brief huff, just leaning into Bucky as she peers at the pictures.

"I did wanna... ask you something." She sighs a little, not quite sure how to phrase it. Sure, she acted her age around Bucky quite a bit, but he had seen her serious more than a few times. "I don't how to phrase it exactly."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Wait what
Bucky glanced over, then closed the book and set it on his lap, nodding a little. "Yeah, kiddo, what's up? You sure I don't need to go find that other me and clean his clock a little? Honestly, I'm itchin' to."

Coco Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Mutant Bandicoot
Height
4'9
Occupation
Bandicoot
Alignment
Chaotic Good
"Not every problem is solved with violence you know." She offers with a slight shake of her head, giving Bucky a poke. The threat did make her lips briefly quirk into a smile.

"This is something he said, but it doesn't mean you have to beat him up. I just wanna be sure we're okay." She runs her thumb across the casts on her broken fingers uncertainly. "Do I boss you around... too much?"

Coco Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Mutant Bandicoot
Height
4'9
Occupation
Bandicoot
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Coco doesn't look up for a moment, she's trying to mentally summarize the conversation to the best of her ability. She isn't sure how she even feels about the conversation still. "He said you only really pick stuff I pick, because you're used to being ordered around. That I'm just... taking control of your life."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Wait what
Bucky raised an eyebrow at that, turning his gaze back down to the book for a moment, before shrugging slightly. "I mean, maybe someone needs to, all things considered," he said, scratching at his head a little.

Coco Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Mutant Bandicoot
Height
4'9
Occupation
Bandicoot
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Coco cringes a little, her ears drooping, "But... you don't just... go with everything I say, right?" It becomes clear that isn't quite the answer Coco wanted to hear. Her expression settling on something troubled as she rubs the fur-covered pad of her thumb across the fabric of the casts. "I don't want you to feel like I'm controlling you."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Wait what
Bucky glanced to her again, taking in her posture a moment, before letting out a small sigh, taking a second to think things over before answering.

"See...to me, the thing is...it's only controlling me if it's done by force, against my will," he finally said, hugging her a little tighter. "Do I let you kind of...call the shots, guide our path, pick out things for me a lot more than maybe I should? I...do, yeah, I acknowledge that, and...it's...probably not exactly fair to you in some ways."

He leaned forward enough to be able to look at her. "But I go along with it for the reason that...on my own, I don't...have real feelings about a lot of things yet. I don't really...care what clothes I wear or what my hair looks like or where the boat is parked for the night, as long as it's in a safe spot...so if I don't have an opinion, and you do...that's not control, to me. That's just...guidance, I guess."

Coco Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Mutant Bandicoot
Height
4'9
Occupation
Bandicoot
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Coco isn't completely sure if that answer comforts her or not. Her ears flatten slightly against her skull. "Can you... start taking more control of stuff when you do feel strongly? Or even if you're only kinda meh about something?"

Her frown deepens considerably as she continues. "I just... want to help you, and be with you, but, I don't want to be controlling. I don't want you to feel like you don't have a choice. I like to think we're a team, a family. We're all supposed to be equals."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Wait what
"You aren't controlling," Bucky said firmly, looking over to her. "Opinionated, sure, I can't deny that, but you haven't made me do anything I haven't wanted to do, okay?"

He studied her before finally just offering a sigh and a soft smile. "...if it makes you feel better, the whole entire reason I suggested that we find an island to build a house on is because I wanted a house, and not just this boat forever, yeah? If I had my full way, we'd be in a little two story home, on a quiet street with the white picket fence..." He smiled vaguely, obviously thinking about it. "But what I also want is for you to be happy...and now Crash, too, since he's with us. And you two will be a lot happier having some space of your own to roam in that's not just a little yard, yeah?"

Coco Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Mutant Bandicoot
Height
4'9
Occupation
Bandicoot
Alignment
Chaotic Good
The bandicoot doesn't seem completely convinced but accepts the judgement of opinionated for the moment. "Okay..." She says initially, still frowning back at him. She brushes some loose blonde hair out of her eyes.

His description makes her frown soften a little, "That does help, I just... I'm gonna be worrying about it anyway. If I'm pushy or anything, just tell me. I always think we're the same, and you're still getting your feet under you in a lot of ways. I remember leaning into Crash a lot when I was figuring things out."

She looks at his metal arm, biting at her bottom lip, her shoulders drooping slightly. "And if you wanted me to change the arm or anything, I could too. I know the flower isn't the prettiest or anything..."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Wait what
"Why would I want it changed?" Bucky asked, shaking his head. "It's better than my old one, and you made it for me. And I love the little flower. If I ever lose this one, and you make another, I want another flower just like it. You made it for me, to take care of me, and that's why I like all of it."

Bucky just reached out to pull Coco more securely into a hug. "I don't know what that asshole said to you...but you don't control my life. ...at least, not more than I genuinely need. I mean..." He let out a slight groan. "...I hate admitting that I do need help with things, that...maybe my brain isn't in the best shape and I can't completely trust myself to make the right call all the time. And I'm glad to have someone around who knows how to...kind of guide things. But you're also still a kid and maybe it's not fair to ask that of you."

He shook back some of his hair, taking in a long breath. "...this is why it was nice when there were other adults around."

• I'm Fine
Reactions: Coco Bandicoot

Coco Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Mutant Bandicoot
Height
4'9
Occupation
Bandicoot
Alignment
Chaotic Good
"I dunno, it's probably babyish looking." She mumbles a little back but doesn't elaborate. She didn't want James to see how hurt her feelings actually were, but with Bucky, she's comfortable enough to be vulnerable.

With everything that happened to Bucky, it makes sense he needs help. She gives Bucky a squeeze, trying to be comforting even with his reluctance admittance. "I'll try to keep that in mind. I just- I want to feel like you're supported, but not bossed around..." She tucks herself against Bucky a little more. "I just want you to be able to stand on your own feet. Even if it takes a while for us to figure it out."

"Well, Crash is an adult." She offers helpfully, "He's not gonna go anywhere anytime soon. So he can help too."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Wait what
"Well, if it is babyish looking, then I'll just have to be babyish, because this is the only tattoo I've got and I love it," Bucky said, looking down at his arm and patting at the flower a little.

"...I guess his being here is better than not. At least...at least I know you've got him around," Bucky said after a moment. "Don't...think that means I don't like him being here, I do. I'm glad your brother is here with us."

He was quiet for a bit, leaning back against the couch and shifting to get more comfortable. "Don't worry about what that other me said. If there's ever an issue...if I ever do feel like anything's wrong, I'll talk to you, okay? I promise."

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

My internet is being hopelessly slow for reasons I can't figure out, don't worry too much if I disappear off and on.
I will finish this post. I will finish this post, even if I have to burn down all of Paris!
*shrieks in weretiger*
-peeks in- hello world :3
Hi friends :encatnod: I want to apologise for my absentness of late; work is crazy right now and I'm just feeling like poop. :notlikeblob: :thisisfine:
Thank you to everyone I'm plotting for being so patient with me and everyone in general for just being so lovely, you guys are the best :enstars4: :blobheart:
A lot of people here really should work on their moonlight tans..

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cruella de Vil
Top Bottom