By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Open House of the Living Dead

This roleplay thread is open for anyone to join.

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Species
Human
Content Warning

Nov. 6
Year 110
Open!
Note: Walkers are zombies.

Lydia stared at the strange looking house. She hadn't seen any one building it. It had just appeared one day. That was weird as, well, pretty much everything else in Pandora. She had stayed away from it. Didn't need Daryl to tell her that. It was just common sense. Except for right now, she could hear her mother's people in that house, whispering to her. They were the worst monsters that she'd ever encountered, and they were saying that if she didn't go back, they'd put more heads on pikes. She couldn't let that happen ever again.

Lydia walked into the house slowly. There was no sign of her mother or any of the other whisperers. She must have been imagining it all. Her mind did play tricks on her from time to time. Some of the fancier people would say it was because of her trauma. She simply blamed herself. Weak girl. Weak mind. It didn't matter. She had to get out of the house before someone found her trespassing.

Lydia moved back towards the door, only to have it slam shut in her face. She tried to open it for a while, then smelled the familiar stench of rotting flesh. She heard shuffling footsteps and growling a second later. Walkers. Like the ones that might have gotten Philip. There was no time to run to another door or window.

Lydia slouched down and began emitting the same growling sounds. She kept her head down and moved into the middle of the walker herd as they shuffled close to her. Blending in with the walkers was how she had survived for most of her life. It was working until there was a sound at the back door. Someone else was coming into the house. Damn. She'd either have to leave the safety of the herd or watch as they killed the new person. Then again, the new person might attack the herd, and she'd be killed with them. It all sucked. She frowned deeply as she moved closer to the back of the house with the walkers, hoping she could think of a way out of this mess.

Reactions: Francis Zach Morgan

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
After an enjoyable day at the movies, agent York skated back to the inn he was staying at. He stopped suddenly, as he spotted a strange house that he was certain hadn't been there before.

"Zach, do you remember that ominous house being there?" inquired York to his best friend.

"...Me neither, let's check it out,"
decided the FBI agent as he turned his skateboard in the direction of the house.

The building looked far creepier up close than it did from afar. Agent York put his index and middle fingers to his temple, "Zach, looking at this house up close there's only one movie I can think of. Do you remember what it is?"

"...You never slip up, do you Zach?"
conceded York with a joking sigh, "That's right, "House", 1986, directed by Steve Miner. I've never seen a more horrifying take on the classic haunted house formula," the FBI agent paused for a moment, "...That's right, there were three sequels. We really should make time to watch them at some point, but first we should check out the real "House" standing before us," York entered the strange building.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agent York was taken aback. While he'd expected to find something strange inside the mansion, a horde of zombies was beyond his expectations.

York and Zach had seen enough zombie movies to know about the monsters' heads being their weakspots. However, he also knew that there were too many for him to shoot before he'd have to reload his handgun.

Deciding not to get involved, the scar-faced man turned around to leave the way he came in. However, the door was now locked. the pair was trapped.

At the very least, the horde didn't seem to register their new visitor's presence yet. Deciding to take advantage of his time, agent York crouched down and returned his fingers to his temple, "any idea of what I should do Zach?" whispered the FBI agent.

Reactions: Lydia

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Species
Human
Lydia heard the whispered words and wondered who the man was talking with. She didn't see no one else. Had he seen her? Fortunately, the walkers were just like the ones back home. They never reacted to the pack's whispers either. She figured it was because their ears were rotting off. She moved through the horde slowly, weaving around the walkers carefully until she could see the man's face. She brought one finger to her lips in a shushing gesture.

Whispers might be okay, but if he got too loud - he was a walker snack. Her mother and the rest of the pack would have liked that. They'd use his blood and guts to cover themselves until they could make a proper walker skin-suit. Lydia had always been different. They called it her weakness. She'd learned slowly from Daryl and others that caring wasn't weak. It was part of being a normal human. They called it a conscience and right now, it was telling her to help the guy before the walkers smelled him.

Lydia guided the walkers out of the room slowly and into a dining room, where she saw body parts on the table, on plates as if a bunch of cannibals were coming to dinner. A civilized person might have found it gross, panicked and screamed. She saw useful tools. Maneuvering to the back of the horde, she waited until the rest of the zombies filled the dinning room, then quietly, slowly backed out of the room and shut the door.

Lydia was now back in the room with the stranger. "We gotta find a way to block that door and get outta here." She whispered. "We don't have long."

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
Just as York was at his wits-end planning his next move, a teenaged girl maneuvered her way over to him through the crowd of zombies while making a shush sign with her hand.

While the FBI agent normally despised being ordered around by others, he made an exception in this case since, unlike himself, the adolescence looked like she knew what she was doing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seemed that Agent York had made the right decision in trusting the girl's judgement. Thanks to her efforts the room was now zombie-free.

Remembering the girl's warning, York resisted the urge to tell Zach about how impressed he was and clenched his teeth. There'd be time for talk once the door was blocked.

The scar-faced man scanned the room until his eyes rested on a pair of couches, "Can you help me move these?" whispered the FBI agent as he moved into position on the right side of the couch closest to the door.

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Species
Human
Lydia nodded and walked over to the left side of the couch. It was good that the stranger had a calm head and was actually helpful. She expected most people from this world to be panicking, screaming, running or something else equally stupid. So many of them had never even seen a walker.

"I'm ready." She whispered and started moving the couch. She never saw a point in counting to three or five, like some people in the communities did. When walkers got bad, a second could mean the difference between life and death. Wasting three or more was just silly.

Just as they got the couch in place against the door, she could hear the sound of soft, walker bodies hitting glass. "A bird or animal probably got close to the window." She whispered. Walkers were lamebrains; they'd just keep walking into the large window she'd seen in the dining room. "Might give us some time." Maybe the glass would break and the walkers would be outside. They couldn't count on that though, so she walked to the second couch and waited for him to join her on the other side of it.

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
"That's good, we can definitely finish barricading this door then," replied York softly with an excited edge to his voice, this was so much more exciting then his standard FBI business. The FBI agent briefly thought about what he'd probably be doing at that very moment if he was back on Earth, he'd probably just be pursuing another serial killer doped up on Saint Rouge. While that was certainly thrilling in its own right, it didn't really compare to having to escape from a ravenous hoard of zombies. This was yet reminder as to why being in Pandora was so much fun.

The white-haired man hurried to the opposite side of the couch and helped the teenager secure it against the door.

York gave the room another quick glance, there didn't seem to be anything else that could be used as a barricade, "It looks like we're done here for now," he whispered calmly as he pulled a cigarette and lighter from the recesses of his suit jacket.

"Well now that we have some time, what's your name?" asked the FBI agent as he struggled with his unreliable lighter, "My name is FBI Special Agent, Francis York Morgan, but just call me York though. It's what everyone calls me."

Last edited:

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Species
Human
"Is that gonna make a strong smoke smell?" Lydia asked in whisper, gesturing to the lighter. She knew what it was. She'd seen people use them. "They're real good at smelling stuff. We don't want to get their attention again." She'd seen it enough times, before people figured out to cover themselves in walker skins. "If we find any more that ain't in a pack, we can cut'em open and cover ourselves in guts. Cover our fresh meat stink." She whispered it all matter of factly. She lived with walkers for a long time. People being food to walkers was simply a fact of life for her.

With that warning done, Lydia focused back on what he had been saying. It was a good thing he was okay with only using the York part of his name. She knew nothing of the FBI; her world didn't have that anymore. She thought it was all just one long, weird name. She'd never remember all of it and it'd be hard to call someone special. Only a few people were really special; most were like her, just finding ways to live in Pandora. "I'm Lydia. Which door did ya use to come in?"

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
"... and I just got a light out of it too," sighed York as he dejectedly returned his lighter and cigarette to the recesses of his jacket.

The FBI agent put his index and middle fingers to his forehead, "Zach, I never knew that zombies possessed keen senses of smell, did you?"

"... You make a good point Zach, now that you mention it we really haven't seen all that many zombie movies,"
conceded agent York with slight embarrassment, "it could very well be that the few zombie films we've seen were the exception rather than the rule, with regards to their ability to smell."

The white-haired man turned his attention back to the girl, "It's nice to meet you Lydia," whispered York in a tone that was way too casual given the situation, "I'm pretty sure I entered through that door on the right, it's locked now though. I assume whichever door you came through is the same way?" inquired the FBI agent rhetorically.

Returning his thoughts to the topic of disguise, agent York decided to trust what Lydia told him; after all she was clearly knowledgeable on zombies, she must have watched a lot of zombie movies in order to obtain such knowledge, "Do you have anything that we could use to cut a zombie open," questioned York, "the only weapon I have is this gun, and you can't exactly cut up flesh with a bullet." as he said this the FBI agent removed his handgun from his holster for further gesticulation.

Instead of the gun he'd expected to see, the scar-faced man realized his hand was now a grotesque mix of bone and red vines.

A smile crept across his face as he returned his fingers to his forehead, "Zach, my Psycho-gun! it's actually back!" York paused to lower his voice, he got too excited; hopefully none of the zombies took notice.

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Species
Human
Lydia watched in confusion, again wondering who he was talking with. Her mama would have smacked her if she caught her talking to the air like that at any age. Even actual children didn't get to have imaginary friends in the walker apocalypse. He touched his head and that made her more nervous. If he had hurt his head and it was making him crazy, she couldn't help.

"Movies are bullshit." Lydia commented in a low whisper. She'd only seen a couple. She liked the one she'd seen with Henry; she also knew it wasn't real. "My world was full of walkers."

Lydia glanced over at the door on the right and sighed. Dissociative identities and rhetorical questions were both well outside her experience. "Yeah, I came in the front door now, it's locked too. Walkers don't use locks." They closest they ever came was crashing through locked doors. It did raise another worry in her mind - who locked them in and why.

"I got this knife." Lydia pulled out a small knife from her pocket, one that she found a lot of uses for in the wild. "It ain't much, but walkers are soft. They're easy to gut." She frowned as he reached for a gun and somehow made his hand all messed up. Psycho gun or just psycho, she wondered. "The sound of a gun makes walkers crazier than smells, draws them in from miles away." She warned, just in case he had an actual gun.

Lydia could hear movements from the dining room, they must have been talking too loud. "We gotta find a way outta here." She whispered. "Do you think we could break a window?"

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
York was both incredibly impressed and envious that Lydia grew up in a literal zombie apocalypse, but he really didn't have time to ask her about it. After all the FBI agent had more important matters to attend to, "I understand that you're still young, and probably haven't had many opportunities to experience the magic of cinema given your circumstances; but still! you need to promise me that you'll watch one of my recommendations when we get out of here. You shouldn't be so closeminded," exclaimed York, impressed with himself for withholding his urge to yell. With that matter taken care of, the white-haired man was ready to return to more pressing matters.

As he thought about which movie to recommend, the scar-faced man walked over to one of the windows and tried to pull it open. It was locked. He shrugged towards the teenager, "I think it's safe to assume the rest of the windows are the same," theorized the FBI agent as he tried the remaining windows anyway.

Unsurprisingly, they were all locked.

Agent York put his middle and index fingers to his temple, "I'll leave the decision to you Zach, should we try breaking a window?"

"... I see,"
York returned his attention to Lydia, "We should try breaking a window, even if it's reinforced glass my Psycho-gun should be able to take care of any alerted zombies in just one shot," he declared confidently, "I suppose we'll leave the final decision in your hands, you are the expert after all."

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Species
Human
"Saw a good one once." Lydia said quietly, hoping she had understood. He'd spoken a few words that she didn't know. She was making progress, but still far behind on her education. While she'd been watching that one good movie, Henry and so many others had been killed. "Meant they bullshit like they ain't real. And they can take your mind off what's important."

Lydia knew they had to focus back on an escape. The man must have felt the same way, because he tried the windows. They were locked too. She was about to voice her suspicions when the man started touching himself and talking to himself again. It was very confusing. He asked himself, then her, and then he said the most unbelievable thing. "You got a gun that can take out a bunch of walkers at once?" She'd seen a few big weapons in her childhood, before the army disappeared. He didn't look like he had anything that size.

"You might need to shoot more than walkers. Someone locked the doors and windows, and it sure as hell wasn't me. Don't think it was you either." She said, finally voicing her concerns. He was strange, but he hadn't tried to hurt her. "You gonna be able to kill people if they try to keep us here after the window's broken?"

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
The scar-faced man gave the girl's comment careful deliberation, "That's true, but the same can be said of almost anything," York spoke from experience, "You shouldn't specifically blame movies, since they're far from life's only distraction," with his hobby defended, the FBI agent could once again focus on more pressing issues:

"Of course, my Psycho-gun can home in on multiple targets at once," as he whispered this, agent York proudly held up his deformed right hand "but I seriously doubt that we'd have to shoot at an actual per-"

York paused, he hadn't even considered the possibility that this was a malicious attack on the part of someone else. He'd merely assumed that it was similar to the Otherworld he encountered in Le Carre', that all the locked exits were caused by some super-natural force. The FBI agent realized how naïve this was in hindsight; this was Pandora after all, it wasn't hard to imagine that there was someone capable of causing such anomalies.

Despite agent York's many run-ins with a multitude of dangerous, sadistic, and oftentimes psychotic criminals; he'd never directly killed a single one. After all, he'd be a pretty bad FBI agent if he ignored due process and shot culprits dead on the spot. York deemed murder inexcusable no matter the reason. He understood that things were different for Lydia, having grown up in a zombie-apocalypse and all, but that didn't mean he'd be willing to throw away his ideals so easily:

"Unless it's completely unavoidable, I refuse to shoot a person in their vitals!"

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Species
Human
That was true. Lydia knew this Pandora world had a lot of distractions, way too many. It was really confusing and she knew her mother would have hated it. She was trying to be better than her past though, trying to have more and be about more than simply survival. So she gave a very small nod of agreement.

Lydia looked at his hand curiously. "Where is the gun?" Deformities didn't bother her. A lot of people back home were missing their hands or arms completely. Injuries and their long term effects were a regular part of life in the walker world. No one was ugly, just different. She'd been incredibly lucky to make it through with the only scars being from her mom and would never judge anyone for not being as fortunate. But if his gun was as imaginary as the guy he kept talking with, they were in real trouble.

Vitals. Lydia had to think back on how she knew that word, then remembered - one of the community healers had used it when touching someone's wrist. A wrist shot was no good. "Shoot'em in the head. That'll work on walkers and people. You know, some of'em walkers might be people in a walker skin-suit. That's one way to stay alive."

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
The FBI agent parsed that the teen didn't understand what he was saying, "My gun is right here-" York paused for a moment to focus on the door, concentrating just long enough for Lydia briefly see a light charging from his fingertips.

"-As long as I concentrate, my Psycho-gun can home-in on its targets with pinpoint accuracy," explained the scar-faced man, while absently mindedly reaching for a cigarette before remembering the girl's warning.

He suddenly turned his attention away from Lydia, "...Don't worry Zach, I won't just go along with that..." he returned his gaze to the adolescence, "Listen, Zach and I refuse to kill a sentient person! If a person tries to attack us I won't aim for their head!"

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Species
Human
"So you've got a power and your light up hand works like a gun?" Lydia asked, putting it in the plainest terms she could. She had met a few supernatural/powered people. Most of them were evil, like Philip. If it hadn't been for briefly knowing Eleven, she might have been terrified of this new guy too. "Is some weird shit gonna happen. Your fingernail gonna fly off like a bullet?" She added. She had only known conventional weapons back home.

"Who's Zach? Don't name the walkers. I've heard of people doing that, pretend they're friends with'em and then get eaten." Lydia figured it was what soft people did. No one in the pack was like that, even the communities wouldn't keep them around long if they didn't recognize danger. The growling in the nearby room re-focused her attention. "Let's break the window and then you do what you gotta." She wouldn't make any promise not to kill, truthfully, she hated killing too. It was necessary sometimes and she'd pick up a piece of the window once it was broken and put the glass through a skull if needed.

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
York let out a small chuckle, "No, sadly my Psycho-gun just shoots regular bullets."

The FBI agent was taken aback by the mention of Zach, he knew he wasn't supposed to tell people about his partner, but sometimes he just couldn't help himself, "Don't you worry about that Lydia," started agent York with a slight shakiness to his voice, "Zach, isn't a zomb-... walker," he corrected, respectful of the teen's bizarre naming conventions, "he's a... personal matter."

Following his vague answer, the scar-faced man trained his Psycho-gun on the door, "If you can handle it, please break the window yourself," requested York matter-of-factly, "I need perfect focus in order to dispatch all those z-... walkers."

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Species
Human
"You got bullets in your finger?" Lydia could handle pain; she'd made it through the bullshit with the governor and her mom's abuse back home. Still, having a bullet spring out of a finger had to hurt like hell.

Lydia grunted in response, not really agreeing, but needing to move onto the more important problems. Personal matters weren't really an option when she lived in her mother's pack. It was even difficult to have privacy in the communities. When people did start keeping secrets, that was when stuff went bad. He was crazy or up to something.

"I'll try." Lydia agreeing, looking around the room for something she could use. She grabbed a wooden chair, lifted it up and slammed it against the window, over and over, even as the walkers growled more. After a few good hits, the chair broke apart. "Fuck." She muttered. What the hell kind of glass was that window made of? Even worse, a creepy laugh filled the room that wasn't coming from York and it sure as hell wasn't coming from her.

"Walkers don't laugh." She commented. There was definitely another threat in the house.

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
It seemed that the glass was bulletproof, or at the very least very sturdy. York was prepared for this outcome however, and readied his Psycho-gun for the approaching zombies.

Then a laugh rang out.

The FBI agent wasn't scared, just conflicted. He was unsure if he should be focusing on the encroaching horde, or the mysterious voice laughing at him and Lydia.

"...You're right Zach, it's pretty simple when you put it like that," he turned to the teenager, "Try to find out where our laughing "friend" is, I need to focus on these zomb-walkers."

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Species
Human
Lydia figured that made sense. It wouldn't need both of them to find one laughing asshole. She walked slowly, trying to figure out which direction the sound was coming from. Just when she thought she was on the right path, the laugh seemed to move, sounding from behind her. "Maybe upstairs." She muttered. Even i York was nuts, it was only right to let him know she wasn't abandoning him. She'd only do that if it was absolutely necessary.

Lydia walked to the stairs and climbed them slowly.

The laugh seemed stranger and stranger. Then a single word was spoken by an equally mysterious "Boo."

Lydia might have heard the odd ghost story in Pandora; she still didn't connect it to the word. She glanced back down the stairs, in case York knew what it meant.

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
The walkers were almost done breaking down the door, they'd be coming through any minute now.

While York wanted to focus on the approaching danger he got distracted by an ominous "Boo" coming from upstairs where Lydia went. The FBI agent risked a glance towards the staircase, he was relieved to see that the teenager was fine, and that she looked more confused than scared.

"What did you see Lydia?" inquired the white-haired man as he returned his gaze to the door, "I'd be pretty disappointed if that "Boo" came from something other than a ghost."

Current Season

Status Updates

I have learned of the internet. Why are there so many pieces of art and songs about me. Please refrain from using my likeness. It's quite uncomfortable to see such things.
Behind every good Superman is an even greater Superwoman! ...I think that's how the quote goes.
Women. Good. Can I run space now?
As someone cleverer than me said, "the success of a revolution depends on how much the women take part in it." Good point to remember.
I'd like to encourage those who have experienced unjust treatment and forms of oppression to speak to me. I would like to write an article based on testimonials.

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

• Hannah
    ✧・゚: * we are magic ✧・゚:*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisha_Bakula
Top Bottom