By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private I brought you a roommate

Daniel Wing

Legend
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
He'd come to recognize Buckys telltales of memories lost – the gaps in his speech, his confused expressions, gesturing like his head hurt. Had him treat carefully on the topic that'd triggered it, not wishing to bring up any bad memories. “Well, hard to tell what your family consisted of without any clues, but... maybe it's not in the sense of blood relations?” Daniel waved his hand a bit at Buckys attire, the almost bare room. “You seem to me as if you got trained as a soldier at some point. Not just your skills or whatever you did before Pandora, but generally the mindset of someone accustomed with the military. And there's often bonds among man of one patrol that go beyond family relations, forged in sweat and blood, fights experienced together.” If there was one thing he knew about it were the workings of military, that the main focus of Republic – and while he'd never gotten to participate, there was plenty to observe, similarities his sharp mind could pick out despite having just Bucky and in a peaceful setting at that.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Bucky glanced back at Daniel, raising an eyebrow a moment, before looking back down at the cat, who was still working over the plate, then let out something of a sigh, shaking his head.

"I don't know. That happens sometimes, just...some word, some sight, and there's almost like...a jolt, in my brain, that it MEANS something. There's...pieces, crumbs, that are coming back. I have pictures in my head, a couple of people. An old man...a man in a strange blue suit. I haven't figured out what they mean yet."

Bucky sighed softly, rubbing his face and looking back at Daniel. "I could turn up the heat a little if you'd like. I don't like the cold much either."

Reactions: Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing

Legend
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Having never lost any of his memories, it might seem impossible to relate to Buckys experience – but there'd been the brain tumor, not making him forget, pain scattering all there was, the struggle to break out of the haze afterwards. Tess had learned more by watching his reactions than his recollections what helped and what didn't. “But it's there. You haven't lost it, just buried it. Maybe one day it'll all be in your hands again.” he encouraged the other to hold onto this crumbs, out of place as they seemed. One day it'd make sense.

Daniel nodded at the offer. “I'd appreciate that – not that I can't take a bit of cold, but my home was much warmer. 90°F daytime average in December was normal. Dread when it'll actually snow here and get cold. Can't go climbing if my fingers freeze off.” Not to mention the danger of ice on roofs, falling to his death.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Bucky nodded, shifting cautiously to get to his feet, the cat clearly startling at the motion, hunching and glaring, but he just walked past and to the meter on the wall, adjusting it a moment. "You could stay here until the rain has cleared. If it goes too long, I don't mind. I've been...awake a lot since I've been in Pandora anyway."

He looked back over at Daniel. "So...you've never told me much about yourself, or...your past. I know there's almost nothing to know of mine...but what of your's?"

Daniel Wing

Legend
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Staying till the rain cleared sounded sensible, was he going to wait out his shirt drying at least, the gashes scabbing over. “You sleep during the day?” was his irritated question back, for as nice as this offer was, he wouldn't sleep out of his home either, could understand how Bucky wouldn't be able to either with someone around.

Daniel sighted a bit at the question, bound to come eventually. “It's not that I don't want to talk about it – there's just barely anything nice to tell. Didn't want to trigger any bad memories for you.” Most of his friends here only knew little bits of it, all too much to take. But he never denied anyone answers, pulled his shoulders up in half a shrug. “What'd you like to know?”

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Bucky clearly paused a moment at the question back, looking as though he were working over how to answer in his head before speaking a little more hesitantly. "...I don't...sleep much at all," he finally offered, though he kept his gaze averted as he left the thermostat and returned to sitting, looking at the cat who was finishing off the last couple of bites of the food. He shifted to sit down, looking somewhat more cautious in his movement and telegraphing everything much more clearly than before.

"If...if discussing your past is unpleasant, my apologies. We do not have to discuss any of it."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“Because you can't or don't need to?” was his question back. No judging, Daniel could relate to either, but if Bucky neglected his health and needed help, he'd do what he could. Though maybe the cat already would help, nothing quite the same as falling asleep to another living being. Made him miss Alex and Tess. Maybe he needed a cat too.

The boy sighted at the words, shifted a bit so his posture was more open. “It's not that. Republic is my home and will stay that. And I'd make all the same choices if given a chance to repeat it. But it's not a nice place. Everyone I tell bits of it comments on how awful it is, that they're sorry, that they'd like to destroy it and would never wish it upon anyone to end up there.” With Bucky he'd held back for fearing to drag bad memories up – with others to evade the pity, the lack of understanding for him defending such a place. “We can talk. Just fair to warn you ahead.”

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"I imagine most places are not as good as the ones from them think they are..." Bucky said, still keeping his gaze down. "...We do not have to discuss it. I just don't...want to not...reciprocate? You've done much to help me adapt, and understand this place...I feel as though I might be taking advantage. I want us to be...friends, not to be...you, having to help me."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
„Sure. I´ve yet to hear of one that didn´t had some faults. It´s just... hard for others to see the good in Republic.“ Nice that Bucky thought of him, of doing things together that went beyond helping out. “We are already friends, Bucky.” was his gentle reply. “Ask your questions. I´ll be fine.” Open as his reactions were it´d be easy to notice the uncomfortable topics anyway. Daniel just didn´t knew where to start, if he´d be asked to simply talk about himself.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Bucky was quiet for a moment, thinking it over. "...you knew exactly what to do with me," he said finally. "I'm guessing that means I'm not the first crazed soldier you've ever had to deal with."

He brushed his hair back, frowning a little at the cat as it finally finished the plate, and stared at the two of them for a moment, before shuffling back on the bed, closer to the wall, settling herself down to start on some furious washing.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
„You were scared and confused, not crazy. Just got skills that make you more dangerous during it than the average human.“ Neither made one crazy, a normal enough reaction. “But no, you weren't. Everything in Republic is focused around the military. There's a war with our neighbor that's been going over hundred years. You want any chance at a good job, you'll have to sign up – not that it's voluntary.” Daniel paused for a moment, watching the cat settle in, glad that it hadn't decided to try and flee first moment. “I wanted to be a pilot, when I was younger. So I could go near the front and see the cities behind for myself, their lights in the night.”

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"That does sound awful," Bucky said. "But I cannot say my world...was likely all that much better. All I can remember of it is war, in different places, at all times...but still always war. I imagine most worlds are like that. It is just that most people in the worlds are not aware of it. The main difference sounds as though people in your world were."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
He shakes his head a bit. “Just Republic and the Colonies. Far as I know, the rest of the world is at ease, focusing on the future instead.” With Buckys spotty memory there sure was as much peace there too, things he might've missed out on due to being a soldier, always in the midst of it. “Hard to not be aware of it when there's military on every street, every plane overhead bringing a warning of bombings – if they bothered to warn the poor sectors at all. We knew better than to ignore it, would hide under the porch, all lights out, hope for them to pass us over.”

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Bucky nodded slightly, frowning a little, though examination would show it seemed to be a thoughtful expression, rather than disapproving. "It's...always different...when you are at the front line, instead of back...back with the so-called 'real world.' War affects everyone, in some way...but it has the greatest effect on the ones directly involved."

He glanced back as the cat abruptly scurried past him, off the bed, but the animal was apparently more interested in leaping onto the small kitchen counter, sniffing and turning this way and that, tail occasionally flicking one way or another in what definitely seemed like disapproval. "...feels well enough for that, I guess."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Daniel smiles, weary, knowing where this is heading and that it'll not get better. “It wasn't the front line. That's out behind Vegas – I grew up in L.A., all of the country between. But the war still was everywhere. We didn't had enough of anything and if you wanted a chance at making enough to support a family, you had to go to the military. Not that it was a choice. They took everyone capable, pushed their education in the direction. If you were allowed into school...” The Trial. Harder to talk about that.

At least the cat is at ease, looking around her new home. “ Oh, I'm sure he's only looking for more chicken.” he chuckled. “Or checking on your cleaning. Who knows.” There wasn't much here to occupy a cat with, bare es Bucky kept it, but Daniel knew too little to suggest changes. With Alex his home had always been cluttered and he couldn't yet throw it out, storing it in some febble hope of her returning.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Bucky nodded a little. "...it doesn't sound sustainable," he said finally. "But it also sounds like a problem that couldn't be easily parsed through or solved...not by anyone who isn't very high in authority." He looked back at Daniel. "But I suspect I am not telling you anything you do not already know. I...am glad you are safe...but I know you must fret over what was left behind."

Bucky watched the cat for a moment. "...I suppose I will...need to buy food for her. She cannot live on the scraps of my food. And...cats require a box, as well?"

• Love

Daniel Wing

Legend
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“I've met the people in authority. They can't change it all either. Not after so long of a time... the people need to initiate it.” Even the Elector Primo was barely more than a puppet, the senate more there as a ruse – behind, money and old power set the tone and those wouldn't change unless you forced them to. “And I don't want it taken over by the Colonies. It's... it's home. I want it fixed, not discarded. Not all of it is bad.” Only most and more so in his life, the path it'd taken.

“She lived in the dumper before, I doubt she has much of a preference. Meat scraps should do, right?” Showed that he had no plan. “And a box? What for? She can share your bed, doesn't she?” It'd been much of a comfort to have Alex curled up next to him, human or cat. Just something living that he could reach out to when startled by nightmares, someone real to pull him back into reality.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"They...use the box for the bathroom," Bucky said after considering it a second. "Filled with sand, or shredded paper, I believe?" He shrugged a little, studying Daniel for a moment, then looking back at the cat. "...our situations are similar enough, and different enough, that I'm not sure what degree of sympathy I can offer. But...regardless of all other things...I am glad that you were the first person I met after escaping."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
He had no advice to offer on how to keep a cat – Alex had after all been a human only occasional shifting into one, still talking to him. She'd not needed caring for or at least wouldn't outright admit to anything. “I'm not too good with sympathy going on anyway. Not with people who sound like I should be glad to be here, to regret living there when it's still my home, that I fought for. My family died there. Eden isn't here and how can I forget about him, when all I did was so he could live better?”

Bucky at least didn't do that and he was glad for it, for every instance of people accepting the choices he'd made, knowing very well where it might end. “I'm glad I got to meet you too.” he noted with a smile. “You're a good one. And, well, it's nice having places I can go to when I can't stand being in my room for a while.”

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"I'm glad to be here because the only thing I had in my world was...slavery, and pain. I didn't leave anything I loved behind," Bucky said, shaking his head a little. "But...I can understand. Even in the worst places, people...try to find something good. And the lucky ones do."

Bucky watched the cat get to its feet, wandering over to the door into the bathroom, sniffing before disappearing into it. "...I wonder if he is looking for somewhere to escape."

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* react for a text thread and i will pop something up ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
No joke I'd app Bella or Edward in a heartbeat if anyone wanted to app the other one and we could write our own stories in Pandora
It would certainly make business easier if there were some kind of guide or list to Pandora's most renowned taverns. I have so little time for research, myself!
Whoever this "Stark" fellow is, sure has named literally everything in Pandora. That will not do at allllllllllll

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palcy
Top Bottom