By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private I can be your angle or yuor devil

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Bayonetta

Bayonetta
Alias
Cereza
Pronouns
She/her
Species
Umbra Witch
Height
6'9
Occupation
Nun
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lil' Devil
link
Organizer
link

@Dante | June 11th | Crescent Cathedral Cemetry

Who would've thought that a phenomenon of people reviving from the dead a mere 24 hours after their death would be bad for the funeral business? She's been in Pandora for barely two weeks, and it seemed like this pantheon of "gods" enjoyed dicking around with her just as much as her world's did. It was one thing to kidnap her from the climax of her fight with Loptr, it was another to drop her during the middle of this mess. It wasn't even a proper vacation given that both Demons and Angels seemed to roam this dimension, too. Bayonetta could sense them lingering in not only the Other World, meaning that there was plenty of work for her. What a bother.

Crescent Cathedral was as good of a place as any other to set up a shop. A holy building was all she needed, the nun side-gig was just a bonus to get away with simple work. Undertaker duties had always been easy, giving her easy and ample access to both the cemetery and the crypt. If a few gravestones ended up wrecked, or god forbid, the pastor's expensive and laundered car in the nearby parking lot, well, she hadn't seen anything. What were they going to accuse her of? Being a witch that summoned demons to terrorize the church? That's rich. It was angels she was baiting.

Except, that's apparently what had happened. That's the only reason she could imagine as to why someone so obviously armed would appear after visiting hours during her shift in the cemetery. Irritating given that she was finishing some rites in order to fulfill her contract. Not all the angels that she tempted over to the Cathedral had been angels of Paradiso, but they were holy nonetheless, and perfect chew toys for her demons. It'd be a shame if he got caught up during their playtime, especially given how they were bound to arrive any time soon.

"Are you lost, White Rabbit? You seem far from home," Bayonetta teased as she snapped her book close, tucking it beneath her arm. Despite her calculated carefree demeanor, she kept a critical eye on the hunter. There was something off about him that reminded her of Inferno, but nothing concerning. If he was a friend from down south, she knew plenty well how to tango with him.

• Love
Reactions: Dante

Dante

Devil May Cry
Jackpot!
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Hybrid
Height
5'10" / 177 cm
Occupation
Investigator
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

Cathedrals were far too common of an event in his schedule, he'd decided. With his line of work, there was little he could ever do to avoid it, but that didn't mean the devil hunter had to like it. Last time he'd found himself in one, it ended with him being pinned by his own sword against a statue. Not exactly the best moment of his life, but Dante still wasn't quite sure he'd expected out of his nephew that day. He was still Vergil's son.

Guns tucked away in their harness, he was more than content to place his feet up on the pew in front of the one he was currently sat in. For as much as this place certainly wasn't home, there was enough confidence in his position to keep things casual.

The pet name caught him a little off guard, but it wasn't bad. Truth be told, he almost liked it. Little strange, coming from a nun, but not enough to go off just yet. Affectionate names weren't exactly banned or anything like that. "White rabbit? Cute, very cute. But I wouldn't say I'm all too lost, nah. Cozy place ya got here."

He slung his arms behind his head, giving her a grin. "Seems I might even be exactly where I'm needed. I'm Dante, I work with Daye Investigations. Mind me askin' a few questions?"

• Love
Reactions: Bayonetta

Bayonetta

Bayonetta
Alias
Cereza
Pronouns
She/her
Species
Umbra Witch
Height
6'9
Occupation
Nun
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lil' Devil
link
Organizer
link

He was certainly making himself feel at home, what with his boots getting dirt onto the back of the pew. Given the events that were likely about to take place, her other "sisters" had a lot of cleaning to look forwards to. Even if she managed to send the human (still up for debate) home, there was still her heavenly guests to look forwards to. "You have taken to dirtying up our sanctuary like a fish to water, I'll give you that," Bayonetta commented with a curious hum as she cocked her head to the side.

"Less Lewis Carrol, more Durante di Alighiero degli Alighieri then?" She smirked to match his, a brow raised to further the amused expression. Dante, a man who was reminding her of Inferno. The irony was far from lost on her, though it left a question as to whether it was a coincidence or not. "If you're looking for Purgatorio, I'm afraid that you are lost after all."

Daye's Investigation. It was famous enough for her to hear its name even in Misty Hollow, but not something she was overly familiar with. That said, the name was hint enough as to what the man was doing in the pews. "Depends on the questions, Lil' Rabbit, but I'm afraid I'm rather busy tonight." And, to punctuate her point, she withdrew her watch from the pocket of her uniform. The cover clicked open, the red jewel glittering in the night light. "Let's skip the pillow talk and get right to meat of it." As if the innuendos weren't bad enough, Bayonetta purred them.

Last edited:
  • Love

Dante

Devil May Cry
Jackpot!
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Hybrid
Height
5'10" / 177 cm
Occupation
Investigator
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

At the comment on dirtying the place up, he merely gave her a playful grin. She didn't seem to mind him dirtying the place up too much, considering she was a nun. "I'd definitely call it an expertise, dirtying up the place." But Purgatorio caused him to pause for a moment. Purgatory? Maybe she was finally someone who could sense a thing or two about his blood.

For as much as he did enjoy teasing people who thought he was purely human, it was an interesting and welcomed change. "M'not looking for your version of it or mine. I've had my fill of it over the years. I'm just here to find out what's been happening to cause so much destruction." He was an investigator at heart, even if his methods had been... less than ideal in the past.

He got the job done even back then, at least. Things were a lot calmer now, words first and shooting after. "The locals have had their complaints, so have a few others. I feel like you're beautiful enough to get the scoop out of anyone who might know a thing or two about what goes on around here."

• Love

Bayonetta

Bayonetta
Alias
Cereza
Pronouns
She/her
Species
Umbra Witch
Height
6'9
Occupation
Nun
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lil' Devil
link
Organizer
link

He expression was teasing as she reclined against a nearby pillar, adopting the same carefree airs as Dante's. "I can think of a lot of things that you can dirty up, rabbit." It was amusing to see the stunned expressions of the parishioners at her innuendos, and it often earned her dirty looks from her superiors. Both failed to change her ways, and it was a behavior that her coworkers were growing used to.

While something about Dante's energy had been off in a distinctly nonhuman matter, the joke had been a little prod at Dante's Inferno, and his travels through it, Purgatorio, and eventually Paradiso. The fact that he had taken it literally was quite telling about both him and the world he had came from. Investigator, though, that reminded her of Luka. It wasn't hard to guess that the dogs had been sicced on.

"Is flattery all you have, dear?" She tutted as she drummed her fingers against her tome for dramatic flair. "It's true that there has been near-nightly destruction, but if anyone knew a thing, we wouldn't have a need for a investigator, hm?" What fun would there be in revealing herself, especially if it dragged out into a fight? Given the time constraints of their conversation, this was a distraction she simply couldn't afford.

• Love

Dante

Devil May Cry
Jackpot!
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Hybrid
Height
5'10" / 177 cm
Occupation
Investigator
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

Flattery was definitely most of what he had. Albeit, maybe he was just a little distracted. It wasn't difficult with the current company, but he was doing his best. Humming to himself, the investigator kept an eye on her as he leaned back. A half-devil in a church, lounging and comfortable. It'd make more than a few people upset, if only they could tell the difference.

"Sometimes flattery is all you need." But not in this case, at least. She clearly liked to play hard to get. "You likely know something, which is why there is a need for the likes of me." Truthfully, if anyone around here knew anything, he felt like he was on the right track. She was smart, that much was painfully clear from the start. Near-nightly destructions were certainly a start.

Dante put an arm along the back of the bench he was seated on, glancing up at the ceiling for a moment. "This is an old building. There's a lot of people who don't wanna see it destroyed. It raised a lot of concerns, I just want to make sure we're sharing. It's caring and all that. If it's help that you need, in whatever way that could possibly be, I can do that. Demons, maybe? I've seen 'em all in and out of Pandora at this point." Genuinely, it wasn't the biggest exaggeration he'd ever made.

• Popcorn

Bayonetta

Bayonetta
Alias
Cereza
Pronouns
She/her
Species
Umbra Witch
Height
6'9
Occupation
Nun
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lil' Devil
link
Organizer
link

She dropped her tome onto the pulpit's lectern, leaving it behind as she crossed the short space between them. "Sometimes," Bayonetta began as she dropped onto the same pew, reclining back comfortably against the padded seating, "but not always." Propping her arm along the spine of the bench, she rested her cheek on her hand in the very picture of languid comfort. "I'm afraid that picking my brain won't net you much."

A demon hunter, then? The irony was enough to get her to laugh, the amusement clear as day on her expression. One could certainly argue that they were part of the issue at the church's fine establishment, though no culprit. Opposite, perhaps, of what one might assume given their hellish demeanors. His specialty certainly explained the odd aura, if he truly was the type of hunter he claimed to be. "If I ever need you, I'll make sure to call." Her voice was a purr as she reached into her pocket and withdrew her watch. It made a click as she momentarily opened it, careful to ensure that the other wouldn't catch glimpse of the demonic numbers that lined the clockface. "Though, I'm afraid that you won't find any demons to exorcise here, Dante."

It was curious, though, to imagine what he'd think of the angelic visitors who'd soon arrive. None were guaranteed to be familiar, though any would do to satisfy the demands of her demonic contract. Would he interfere in protest? Assume her evil and try to vanquish her alongside heavenly allies? "Was there anything else?"

Last edited:
  • Eyes

Dante

Devil May Cry
Jackpot!
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Hybrid
Height
5'10" / 177 cm
Occupation
Investigator
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

Not always. He merely shrugged, not moving from his oh so comfortable place. A half-devil, muddying up a church. Oh, how so many hearts would give at the very concept. There was a small moment where he let himself get distracted, her laugh more than charming to hear. Pleasant, despite how quickly he regathered his focus.

The watch.... elegant, much like the rest of her. Surprising, though. Not many found the need for such things in Pandora even if it was what they were used to. Tech was everywhere, but who the hell was he to judge sticking to something traditional. If it was comforting at all, that was their business.

Either way, it felt clear that she was waiting for something. Time to stall, of course. What he was best at really. "Mmm. Picking your brain won't help me, but what about for fun?" More time meant getting to know her as well as what was up with the church, but maybe it was a little bit personal too. Just a little.

"Can't call me without my number, at least." Dante held up his phone, waving it slightly with a grin. The screen had a crack from the upper right corner down to the lower left, but it still worked well enough. That job was months ago, but if it wasn't broken why fix it. "Unless, of course, you'd rather have me back here whenever I'm wanting some interesting company."

• Excited

Bayonetta

Bayonetta
Alias
Cereza
Pronouns
She/her
Species
Umbra Witch
Height
6'9
Occupation
Nun
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Lil' Devil
link
Organizer
link

She caught the glance he gave her watch, likely curious given how antique it appeared to be. Once, when she had been browsing a particular jewelry store in Centria, one of the jewelers had offered to show her their selection of high-end watches. She had only smiled then, curtly refusing the offer. Given his occupation, a part of her was curious if he'd recognize the numbering or if he simply spent his time hunting things he was ignorant of. Did he know Enochian or would it all be French to his ears if she whispered it to him?

A part of her was tempted to give in to the impulse to reveal her hand and discover what he would think of her then? Would that pleasant smile dissolve into the very disgust and fear that had destroyed her clan? Her watch closed with a snap, dispelling her line of thought as she slipped it back into her pocket. It was an issue that he was so insistent on staying, though she had her doubts that he'd leave with a simple reminder of the time.

"Twenty questions is a fun way to waste away time, though I have my doubts that your boss would appreciate it." There was a particular sensation whenever she felt the approach of the divine, like a moth's flame that drew her close. A shiver of anticipation of the upcoming fight that made her blood sing in her veins. She coyly turned her head, gaze slipping to her shadow. The columns and pews distorted just enough to hide the demon that lingered within its shape.

She looked back at Dante as he raised his phone, remaining perfectly still save for her raised brow. "Am I not interesting company?" She teased, the corner of her lip quirking before she leaned back in her own seat. Distant chimes tolled, signaling the end of their conversation. It was far from time for the cathedral's own bell, though would the demon hunter realize that? "Nor can you without mine," the pause was entirely intentional, just to keep him on the edge before she held out her palm. Her fingers curled, beckoning the hunter to hand over his phone with a sly smile.

• Love

Dante

Devil May Cry
Jackpot!
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Hybrid
Height
5'10" / 177 cm
Occupation
Investigator
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link

Twenty questions and wasting his time was almost entirely written in his contract. It was an important part of investigating, especially when it seemed like the person in question was in a bit of a rush. Suspicion was easily cast that way, even if he'd rather that not be the case in this specific situation.

"My boss likes me too much to be too mad, and you're plenty interesting. I think she'll allow it just this once." He hummed, thinking to how he had plans to take lunch with his boss that evening. Toby was always a little too cool to pull the hardass boss mode on him. She was capable, of course, but there was never any reason good enough for it.

Maybe he was a fool when it came to people with charm, but it was still going pretty damn well if Dante did say so himself. With the bells tolling, his eyes flickered briefly to the door.

Was it the right time for that?

He let any concern drop from his expression as soon as it came, a pleasant grin as he got up and handed Bayonetta his phone. "Luckily that's an easy fix." Unlocked and already at the contacts app, of course. Wouldn't want any digging into... well, nothing actually important was kept on there at least. Too easily broken.

• Excited

Current Season

Status Updates

Kazuma Kiryu wrote on Goro Majima's profile.
Happy birthday, Majima-no-niisan.
Taiga Saejima wrote on Goro Majima's profile.
Oi, kyoudai. Happy Birthday.
My condolences to the state of the Alliance for I will never disparage a dead man. May Mr. Jordan never be forgotten, for better or for worse.
Putting this out to announce we'll be having a Moon Destruction Album release coming out the day of the big boom, come pick up a physical album at your local record store or download it off starknet...or just steal I ain't a cop.
basically for those who don't wanna click on the spoiler in my previous status, the short version is that I'll be taking a weeklong (possibly longer or shorter) break from posting and I'm really sorry if you're waiting on me

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $190
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James T. Kirk
Top Bottom