By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Complete I know just what I want

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human
Occupation
Schola Praeditos Professor
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
:} :}
link
Organizer
link

November 14, Y109
Like most school functions, the winter ball had started out fun and light-spirited, and while the fun had continued, the spirit of the thing had gotten a little skewed as the night went on. Ozma had initially attended with every intention of just... focusing on getting Merlin through the worst of it and then returning to the castle, but before long he had found himself branching away from the other mage to alternatively scold and chat with the students who began to stream in. He had confiscated several flasks of bootleg that were likely to leave someone blind, and Oz had witnessed three times as many being consumed. The bartender seemed to be aging before his very eyes from stress.

For the most part, it was fun. Even breaking up squabbles and doling out discipline was fun (one unfortunate teen was sitting pretty with fourteen consecutive weeks of detention for the creative but vitriolic cascade of profanity he had spit in Oz's direction), but it wasn't how Ozma had wanted to spend the night, and by the time he circled back around to Merlin for what felt like the hundredth time, he was noticeably frazzled. Reaching out automatically, he grabbed Merlin's nearest hand tight in both of his.

"Let's go for a walk before I somehow get roped into another... something." He insisted plaintively, tugging him towards the deeper part of the forest. There were still fairy lights twinkling, and the moon was full and snow was falling. It would be hard for them to get lost, and it was bright enough that Ozma wasn't nervous of venturing off into the darkness. Besides, with Merlin at his side and a liberal amount of alcohol floating in his system, Oz wasn't sure if he could feel much fear at all in his current state. Only ecstatic, bubbling happiness.

His smile softened a bit, nevertheless. "I'm sorry for being absent, Merlin. I really wasn't planning on chaperoning, but..." He shrugged his shoulders. "It's hard to turn off. Are you all right? How are you holding up?" Oz hesitated at the edge of the deep, winding forest path. "Would you rather go back to the castle? We don't have to walk."

@Merlin Ambrosius

Reactions: Merlin Ambrosius
M
M

Merlin Ambrosius

There was no certainty over whether he had grown tired because he was tired or because of the distinct absence of Oz by his side. There he had been, promised he would be glued to his side all night long, although Merlin couldn't say he was shocked that things hadn't gone according to plan. This was far more a function for the students than the faculty in the way that every function at the school was. There was always going to be that extra responsibility that the staff had, ensuring that everybody was safe and sound.

Merlin himself should have been doing that as well, but he was struggling. He still didn't feel as though he were really a part of all of this, maybe because he hadn't come back in any way that was considered formal. It was a slow process, the one where he worked himself into something that felt a bit more like comfort. Perhaps come January. Perhaps the half year would be a good time to try to start to stand on his own two feet again.

Still, the reliance and attachment he had for Oz's presence wasn't exactly fair to the other man either. He had things to do, duties to attend to.

When the man returned to his side later in the night, though, to take his hand and sweep him off into the night, Merlin's brows perked up in surprise and he wordlessly agreed, half-stumbling after him until he was comfortably at his side again, a crooked smile there on his face as he edged ever closer to him while they walked, looping an arm through Oz's as he did. He didn't feel any strong desire to utter a spell for warmth because the close proximity, the familiar intoxicating warmth of their magics mingling, seemed more than enough to him. It was perfect. This night was perfect. He was perfect.

"You ask too many questions, you know," he pointed out, and it was the truth. Oz worried himself over Merlin, and it was flattering, but he couldn't help but wish he would stop and just breathe for a moment. Relish in the way that things were without worrying over how they could have been. "And it's fine, Oz. You're ... literally a chaperone, aren't you? You're doing your job."

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
link
Organizer
link

As soon as he made contact with Merlin, most of his doubts eased back into silence and Oz felt a rush of contentment. He still felt guilty for having left Merlin to his own devices for half the night, but there was nothing to be done about that now. He couldn't turn back the clock and do a retake of the evening.

He leaned against Merlin as they entered the forest. It was darker than Ozma had expected, but he only had a split second of hesitation before he continued to walk, eyes flicking between shadows. He turned his gaze to Merlin in time, and his smile was broad and happy and full of adoration. Probably a bit stupid looking, but that was fine as well.

"I know..." Oz sighed, then shook his head. "I worry. I can't help it, it's just what I do. I wasn't supposed to be chaperoning this evening, but..." He shrugged with a sheepish expression. "I can't help myself. I suppose... You get so used to doing certain things - being certain things, that you can't just stop." He had been a teacher for too long. He cared for the children too much. He wanted to help, and even though Ozma would have preferred to stay close to Merlin for the whole evening...

Well, old habits and all that.

"I'm serious, though. How are you?" Oz switched the conversation back to Merlin. "I know this was probably a bit much for your first step back into the school routine."

M
M

Merlin Ambrosius

"Caring isn't an easy thing to stop doing," he pointed out, a stupid smile on his face as he looked ahead of them. It was dark, the moonlight peering through the trees the only light allowed to them. It was enough, at least for Merlin, though perhaps that was another story for the man at his side. Whatever the case, he had no intention of detaching himself from the other. His arm may as well have been glued in place as it stayed where it was, looped through Oz's. He was comfortable. Admittedly more comfortable now than he had been before in the middle of the dance, but it hadn't been as terribly awful as he had been anticipating either. Baby steps.

The moments spent without Oz, of course, had affected him, left him feeling off balance so to speak, but Merlin wasn't going to blame him for that either. He knew that someday he would need to learn how to stand on his own two feet again. Still, it was a lot, being hit with the knowledge of how foreign a place so familiar suddenly felt to him. All these people he didn't know, all these people he had never met before. "A lot of names I didn't know," he admitted with a bit of a half-hearted laugh. "More than I did know."

Reactions: Ozma

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
link
Organizer
link

Oz simply dipped his head in quiet agreement. Caring was something he probably did too much. He always had. It made his decisions harder than they had to be, and more than once he had wanted to just stop, knowing how much easier everything would be if he could fall back on a comforting mattress of apathy to get by. Of course, it was easier to wish for things than it was to achieve them. The best Ozma had ever been capable of was a thin veneer of detachment that was skin deep, if that.

Turning his head to regard Merlin, he smiled and opted not to carry on the topic. He didn't want to ruin the night with a depressing subject. "You're not the only one. I've been gone longer than you, come to think of it, with everything that happened..." With Salem went unspoken. Another blatant diversion from a miserable topic of conversation. "But then... that's the glory of Pandora. It's a revolving door of new faces and names. It's only as good or bad as you make it." Watching Merlin with adoration, Oz wondered why he didn't worry about either of them disappearing like so many others. It seemed like something that his anxieties would hone in on, like a dog with a bone, but it simply didn't strike Oz as something that could happen. They both deserved happiness, at least for a while. Pandora wouldn't be cruel enough to ruin that. It couldn't.

"I've gotten used to not knowing anyone. I've never had to introduce myself so many times as I have in the last year."

M
M

Merlin Ambrosius

With everything that happened ...

Merlin knew exactly what he was referring to, but it didn't shock him to realize that neither of them wanted to bring it up. Not now, not anymore. Never again, he would liked to say, but he knew better. In some ways, he wanted to bring it up first. He wanted to know how Oz was doing. They'd never spoken properly about life post-Salem and he knew that his relationship with her had always been a complicated one. But in other ways, the warlock knew he didn't need to ask. He could see it on his face every time he beamed at him. Oz was happy, and it left Merlin with a warmth he hadn't felt in a very long time.

"Well, I'm certain the new look hasn't helped," he pointed out, a crooked smile on his lips as he watched him, giving him a gentle nudge as they walked. "Nobody knows who you are either."

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
link
Organizer
link

Knowing that Merlin was, in so many ways, so much better than Oz... He didn't want to say that he suffered from an inferiority complex where the other man was concerned, but Oz would strive to his dying breath to be whatever Merlin wanted, or whatever he perceived Merlin to want. He was happy to tuck his own problems aside. He had already decided not to address any of them if he could help it. Not his stupid, childish fear of the dark. Not his recurring nightmares, which had gotten a bit better recently anyway. Not his oft-nihilistic outlook on his life and the world around them.

Not the illness that was patiently waiting somewhere inside him, that was going to kill him as surely as it had killed everyone else in his family.

No. He didn't dwell on any of it, and he didn't want Merlin to dwell on any of it either. He simply beamed and then gave a soft laugh as they started to crunch through a fresh layer of snow. "True enough. There are those from my world who knew... that was a surprise." Ozma chuckled, leaning harder against Merlin when his foot slid on a patch of ice under the snow. "I wasn't going to tell anyone, you know. When I first came back. I thought I would just leave things as I'd left them and move on. Another old habit, I suppose. I'm glad I didn't." He inclined his head briefly to press it against Merlin's, breathing in deeply.

M
M

Merlin Ambrosius

Feeling the shift as Oz's foot slipped on some ice beneath the snow, Merlin's grip around his arm grew all the tighter to help him stay on his feet, a crooked smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he listened in silence. Gods. For Ozma's sake, he wished that he would have left things as they were and moved on even if there was a selfish part of him that knew his life simply would not have been the same without this man in his life. He would never have crawled out of that hole that he had been in, and even if he had managed to, even if he had come back, the realization that Oz was gone ...

He didn't know what he would have done.

There was still the possibility, of course, that Pandora's whims could come into play and whisk the other man away. Merlin wasn't so confused for his own state in Pandora because his presence for some reason seemed to be forever in some way, shape, or form. He didn't vanish and on the rare occasion that he did, it never kept, as though he were tied more to this place now than anything else. It wasn't something he understood or knew how he should feel about. But with Oz, it was different. In the grand scheme of things, or at least in comparison to the warlock, he hadn't been here for very long. He could still be stolen away, and the thought of it made his eyes wander just as surely as his mind did.

"I'm glad that you wrote me back," he eventually said, turning his gaze back to the other man as they went, whatever look of uncertainty he'd held falling away as he smiled at Oz with adoration. "Whatever fates brought us together again, I couldn't ... be happier with them."

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
link
Organizer
link

The idea of walking away and closing this chapter of his existence had hinged, largely, on two things: First, that no one would have recognized him enough to know what he was doing. Second, that Merlin had been absolutely absent from the equation.

More than just the children recognizing him as Ozma, it had been Merlin's return - or perhaps Oz's return to Merlin, which had obliterated any desire he had to disappear. All at once, his desires had shifted and Oz had felt himself sinking roots into the foundation of his life with newfound tenacity. As long as Merlin was alive and nearby, Ozma was determined to be there.

"I think I knew it was you. Maybe not consciously, but I usually wouldn't have responded to something like that. I'm too..." Secretive. "Private." Oz smiled to himself, finding the whole thing a bit strange. His expression flinched into unhappiness at the idea of gate, which rang too close to the realm of Gods for his taste. "Magic." Oz murmured, looking up with a bright-eyed smile. "That's what I think it was, anyway. It's not exactly a force either of us can claim to know as well as we think. Especially this." He moved his hand down Merlin's arm to fold their fingers against each other, and the surge of tingling, warm, glowing connection was stronger as soon as their bare flesh touched. It was nice.

M
M

Merlin Ambrosius

Magic. It always came back to magic in the end and Merlin couldn't help but huff quietly with amusement because he wasn't all that shocked either. He'd had an intuition about things all his life, those 'funny feelings' as Arthur had called them so many times, but the longer he lived, the more he realized that it was just as well his magic reacting to things, telling him that things were off, that something wasn't right around him. But then, it couldn't possibly have been foolproof, otherwise he would have been smart enough not to fall for Semirhage and her tricks the way that he had. Or maybe he had known subconsciously in the way that Oz had perhaps known that it had been Merlin on the other end of those letters. Perhaps he had just been a fool.

But then, maybe it wasn't magic at all. Maybe it had been sheer loneliness. It was a powerful thing, powerful enough to suppress certain instincts, even the private nature of Ozma. There was no telling what was right, what was real. There were no answers for anything at all. The only thing he did know was that he liked it when Oz touched him, he liked it when his hand slid down his arm and when his fingers intertwined with his. It brought a soft smile to the warlock's lips and his pace slowed as his free hand went to meet them all the same, placing it over Oz's.

"This," he started quietly, breathing in that tingling warmth between them. "... is unlike anything I've ever felt before. You are ... so unlike anybody I've ever met, and I know-- Gods, it's been over a year since we met and I realize how ... belated a sentiment it must be, all things considered, but I--" Merlin was starting to stumble over his words a bit, as though he wasn't certain where he was going with this, as though he didn't know how to say what he wanted to say to him. As though out here in the privacy of the woods with the snowfall all around them was the perfect time for a confession, and yet he couldn't even find the words.

Maybe he should have practiced in front of a mirror. Or maybe he should have buried himself in the snow or hid away in a cavern, like a hibernaculum. At least then he would have a solid seven or eight months to pull himself back together again.

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
link
Organizer
link

Oz's gaze twitched down to their joined hands, and it was easy to feel his stress and uncertainty dissolving in the pleasant pulse of power as their magics merrily intertwined. As long as he had contact with Merlin, it was child's play to forget everything and melt into the warmth they created between them. The world was, in an instant, reduced to the space between them, and Ozma felt no fear in turning his senses off for once. He felt safe and secure and happier than he had been in centuries. Than he ever had.

His smile diminished, and though it was smaller, it was infinitely warmer than before. There was an earnest sincerity in it that might have been missing during the first part of their walk - lost between his worry for Merlin and his eagerness to be in his orbit. Now, it was a smile of utter contentment and peace, and there was a trace of fond exasperation as Merlin spoke and Oz absently ran his thumb across his knuckles.

"You know, you don't have to say anything." Ozma pointed out with a low, merry laugh. "But I've loved you since... I suppose the moment I realized we were the same. It's only gotten worse since then. I love you." His smile grew so wide again that his eyes nearly shut with glee. He was happy to be able to say it so freely now - and he did. Oz knew he probably overused the phrase. Merlin only had to enter a room, nowadays, for Ozma to confess undying love for him. He was probably going to get sick of it soon.

His expression settled a bit and he took a step closer. Their magics reacted strongest through the bare skin of their hands, but Oz could still feel the lion's share of it thrumming away in the center of Merlin's chest. "But... by all means, if you'd like to keep complimenting me..." Oz raised his free hand in a casual 'go on' gesture.

M
M

Merlin Ambrosius

There was an ease to the way that Merlin felt when he was around Oz despite all of his anxieties, despite the weight on his shoulders given what he knew he would eventually have to do, given the role that he would eventually have to step back into at the school. It was a lot. There were so many names he didn't know, and he still felt less like the Merlin of before and more like ... somebody else entirely. Not Emrys, or-- maybe Emrys, but he didn't want to be like Emrys. It was hard to look back on that part of his life and see anything good or whole or right. There was Oz, of course. There were the letters, there was the fact that in all of his loneliness, the sort of loneliness he now realized should have been a clue in and of itself, he had been so glad to have one sole friend. But he couldn't think back to it all and see his face no mattered how he tried. He just saw Semirhage, and he saw the person that he could have become had Oz not fallen into his life.

That was who he associated Emrys with, and yet he didn't feel as strong as Merlin Ambrosius, Schola Praeditos headmaster, had once been.

Standing there with Oz, though, he didn't think he needed to be strong. He didn't want to be strong or better or different. He just wanted to melt into this man he had come to adore so much, whether that had started recently or so very long ago. Merlin didn't really know, but he suspected it had been this way for a long time. As emotional as he could be, in this particular area, there was now denying how thick-headed he could be. He was affectionate with everybody. He loved people, he loved the world. But Oz was different. Oz floated above it all, and as the other man stepped closer, Merlin smiled something genuine. "And let it all go to your head?" he murmured and made like he was about to pull away from him.

At that point, it was impossible, though because he felt the warmth of him, whether it was the layers, the body heat, the magic, and Merlin couldn't resist pressing in closer as his hands reached up to touch the sides of his face, one slipping to bury itself in his dark hair as he pressed a kiss to his lips.

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
link
Organizer
link

Oz had been trying to shake his conversation with Toby the day before to no avail. The lingering dread had been planted that all of this had a price. That Ozma couldn't just close his eyes and hope against all hope that he would finally be allowed to just be happy. He had been putting it out of his mind, and it had been crawling back in insidiously every time he blinked, or so it seemed.

A carousel of doubts and what-ifs.

Merlin silenced all of it with a glance. The moment their hands met and wove together, Oz's fears had fallen to the wayside, and he was able to set aside his worries of what-if and the future. Instead, he met Merlin's gaze and beamed, excited and giddy as ever to be so close to him. The feeling was overwhelming in the best ways. "That's why you're here." Ozma pointed out smoothly. "You always keep me grounded." Probably not completely true. Oz was stubborn as an old mule at times, and even Merlin couldn't always rein him in.

Still, it didn't matter. Nothing mattered as soon as Merlin's lips pressed against his, and Ozma breathed out softly, still somehow deliriously surprised that this was happening. Leaning closer, his eyes shut as a warm wash of magic rustled through his hair and tickled across his body. His hands rested contently against Merlin's neck, and after a few fantastic moments, Oz pulled back, eyes glowing faintly with the magic their contact had drawn to the surface. "I... don't know what to say." He suddenly laughed, sounding stupid and giddy to his own ears. "I had a list of things I wanted to say before, and now I can hardly string a few words together." Ozma added, babbling a bit now.

More declarations of love would not go amiss, but they were also probably a bit excessive. "Do you mind staying at the school?" He asked instead, heedless to the somewhat jarring change of subject. It was just Oz being Oz and focusing on what he perceived to be the next 'problem' he could solve. "Living here, I mean. I didn't even think to ask, I just... I'm used to it. I'm sure most people must not want to live in the same place where they work. I'm sorry. I can't believe I didn't ask before."

M
M

Merlin Ambrosius

'Always' was a strong word and he suspected Oz realized that as well despite his words. Merlin wanted to point it out, and he wanted to point out all of the times that he had begged him to let him in, to let him help, only for Oz to go off on his own and get hurt. But it was grim topic and he didn't want to destroy what they had there in that moment. He didn't want to fight with him, he didn't want any frustrations to tear at their seams because gods knew that when he closed his eyes at not, there was more than enough keeping him at odds, more than enough frightening him, more than enough leaving him to wonder what he might see when he opened them again.

Oz was safety and he was comfort, and he was everything. Gods, he was everything, and Merlin felt his lips smiling against Oz's and as the other pulled back, the warlock seemed to trail the air for a moment as his lips parted, almost as though it hadn't been enough for him. He didn't know that it ever was, but he let Oz talk about the words he couldn't find and there was no helping the laugh that left his lips. "It's not often I can shut you up," he pointed out, and it was true. Oz always seemed to be rattling something, either tripping over his own words or reciting poetry for him. Not literally, but gods, he didn't think it would have shocked him were it more literal. Merlin wasn't so different, but he did much more of the tripping than the eloquence.

At the mention of the school, his smile faded a little as he considered it. He liked the school, but there was no denying what else he thought about sometimes. He knew which little home he thought about and his heart pounding anxiously in his chest when he did. Blue eyes dropping from Oz's, his gaze slipped away to the side somewhere, but he didn't edge away from the warmth of him. He needed that. "I haven't gone back, you know. Home." He paused, pressing his lips to a fine line because he knew how strange that must have sounded when they had both described the school as home so many times, from the day Oz had found him covered in blood in the woods to the several times after. "The apartment. I haven't--" Words failed him then, though, and silence crept in between them as he tried to gather himself.He knew what it really was. A truth he hadn't had the chance to really acknowledge. The disappearance of Cascade Bay's governor, his roommate, and the longest friend he had ever had in Pandora. He was going back to ... nothing. To emptiness.

"I want to see it. I'm just ..."

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
link
Organizer
link

"You know, I've never been particularly chatty with anyone else." Oz chuckled warmly. He was more known for being a quiet observer, in fact. Ozma, Ozpin, everyone he'd been in between... none of his iterations had been unnecessarily loud, but there was something about Merlin that made Oz nervous - a good kind of nervous, mind you - and in the heat of that nervous energy, Oz chattered.

He breathed in deeply, and he might have gone in for another kiss, had Merlin not answered his question in a way that caught Ozma slightly off guard. For a split second, he had to figure out which home Merlin was even referring to, and then his expression shifted to warm sympathy. It wasn't a pitying look, but it did illuminate that, in some way, Oz could understand his hesitation to return to the apartment, though he didn't pretend to know exactly what was standing in his way.

So much had happened there - good and bad. Maybe that, in itself, was part of the reason.

"Do you really want to? Or do you feel like you have to want to?" Oz asked softly, absently dragging the tips of his fingers through Merlin's hair calmly, all nervous, excited energy dissipated. Now wasn't the time for it anymore. All at once, he seemed to have become his actual age. "There is no shame in not going back, Merlin. If there is anything you want or need there, you know I'll go get it for you." He hesitated, then canted his head to the side. "Would it help to explain what you're feeling? About going back, or not going back, or whatever it is you really want to do."

M
M

Merlin Ambrosius

“Well ... that makes me feel special,” he remarked, because as chatty as Oz was, it wasn’t overwhelming to him, it was charming in a way, in a bit of a silly way. Merlin likes the sound of his voice, he liked the way that he put words together even when he didn’t seem to know how. It was like it all made sense suddenly, that fluttery feeling he got whenever he had received a letter or whenever he had heard his phone ring.

But it was so much more than that now.

It had almost been enough to forget the apartment. This fairytale live he was living these days in Ozma’s arms, in Ozma’s bed, it was so easy to forget about everything that happened before, but it wasn’t something he could push away forever either.

“I think ... I think that I could take the memory of my happened to me there, I really do. A part of me is almost ... numb to death at this point,” he told him quietly. Maybe not physically. Not necessarily emotionally either because each time took it’s toll, sometimes in ways he didn’t expect. Sometimes, apparently, his memory left him. And sometimes an evil witch might take advantage of that and make a loyal husband out of you, but then, those circumstances had been extreme to say the least.

It wasn’t that he thought about, though. “But I don’t know that I could take the silence. They said Dany found me ... and she isn’t even ... she’s not even here. She isn’t here anymore ...” She has been his closest friend. For years. She had filled a hole in his life by coming back, by moving in, by existing around him again.

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
link
Organizer
link

Oz respected Merlin's feelings, even if they didn't necessarily reflect his own, though maybe that had to do with the different natures of their immortality. For Oz, there had never been anything cathartic about returning to a place from his past - there was never any closure to it for him. Only a passing sense of disquiet, and the feeling that he no longer belonged there at all.

Then again, in this instance, Oz supposed he and Merlin were simply two very different individuals with their own ways of wrapping their heads around what life had given them. At the very least, Ozma did understand the idea of becoming desensitized to death, and he gave a brisk nod before allowing Merlin to continue speaking. "I'm sorry." Oz said softly. The real wound here was... well, he supposed the real wound was Dany, and the apartment was only a facet of that. They'd been so close, to say the very least. Close enough that Oz had believed for months that they'd been a couple - he couldn't help but wonder why they hadn't been, but he didn't ask. Now wasn't the time.

Instead, he reached out with his hand and wrapped it around Merlin's with a kindhearted smile. "Well, I'll have you know I'm apparently very chatty, so I can try my best to fill in any silences." He said with warm humor. "Maybe not tonight, but sometime soon we can go there. If that's what you want."

M
M

Merlin Ambrosius

He hadn’t meant to ruin the mood of it all, but it was hard not to feel, well ... numb in the face of it all, with the knowledge that Daenerys was gone. Again. Maybe she would come back, but he knew just how likely it was that he might never see her again. He thought of Gwen, of Gwaine, Menolly, Arthur. This was a place of second chances and ... a place of no chances at all, somehow all wrapped into one. They were subjected to Pandora’s whims.

“Not tonight,” he murmured, hand turning enough to press palm against palm into Oz’s. “Tonight is too perfect to ruin.” There was too much anxiety outside of the space he shared with the man at his side and he found himself dependent on him, on his warmth, on how calm he helped him to be.

It would be helpful for the day that he did brave that place, though. It was reassuring, knowing that he was willing to be there for him even then.

• Love

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
link
Organizer
link

Oz stared at their linked hands and reveled in the rush of connection as their magics seemed to mix and mingle like invisible strands bonding together just beneath the skin. Stepping closer, he pulled Merlin into a tight, somewhat rough hug, pressing his face against his neck without releasing his grip on his hand. "Tonight is perfect. And there will be more perfect days to come." He promised softly, nuzzling in and feeling a wave of peace at the familiar warmth and scent that radiated from Merlin.

"It will get better." He said simply. Oz had to believe it would. It was the only thing that still kept him moving forward through endless, weary days... the hope that there was something better on his horizon. And for once, Ozma's faith had been rewarded, because he had stumbled upon Merlin, and even if the path that led them together had involved a lot of bumbling around (and death), they were here now. Oz had to be grateful for that, but he didn't want to negate Merlin's fears and anxieties, or to push them to the wayside with his blind love.

So, he took a deep breath and pressed a kiss against the corner of Merlin's mouth instead before pulling away. "I promise you that. Even if it takes a hundred years, it will all get better. Process everything at your own speed and don't... you don't need to worry about seeming weak. I already know better than that anyway."

• Love
M
M

Merlin Ambrosius

The tight hug was everything he needed and although he hadn't realized at first just how long he had been holding in that breath, it felt easy, being able to melt into Oz's arms the way that he did. It will get better, the other man told him and he believed him, he really did. It was already better. Getting here had been difficult. He knew who he was now and that was more than just one single step in the right direction. He had killed one of his many demons in the most literally way possible and that was a leap in and of itself. But he was still struggling to feel as though he could just slip back into his old life as though nothing was wrong, and the knowledge that there was a gaping hole where his friend had once been only furthered that struggle.

Gods, he couldn't even bring himself to go home.

But more than anything else these days, he reminded himself of how much Oz felt like home to him he thought in that moment that maybe he didn't need anything else. Not this school, not Daenerys, not his old home, not a single memory of the past. Or maybe it was the kiss or the warmth that seeped into him every time they touched. Oz felt like home and in some ways there was a more concerning familiarity to the way he felt when he was around him.

It wasn't that, though. It was everything but that. Ozma was not cruel. Ozma was not a monster, he was the only reason he was still standing. He was strength and he was goodness and kindness and he was everything that Merlin had wanted to be. It wasn't about the magic, and neither was how much he wanted to squeeze his hand all the time or how much he wanted to bury him in kisses. It was simpler than that. It was a feeling that he hadn't felt for such a very long time. Or maybe it was a feeling he had felt every day since the day that he had met him.

"I don't think I feel weak," he admitted after a moment. "At least not the way ..." Merlin trailed off, not wanting to linger on Emrys, on how hopelessly helpless he had felt back then. It had been another life. A part of him, but a part of him that he wanted to step away from or at least carry with him into something better, something healthier. "I just feel ... human. And even that's better than what I felt before. Baby steps," he whispered, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Although I ... would really rather it not take a hundred years," he added, smile broadening just a little bit as he huffed out a laugh and nudged Oz lightly before pulling in close to his side again and tugging him along.

Things were hard. But they were good.

THE END

Current Season

Status Updates

It's kind of weird not being Gen Sec anymore.
It's ma' birthday!!! Woo!!

...Man, I'm old xD
So ah...how do you ask somebody you haven't known for a long time to be friends with you...?

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midoriya Izuku
Top Bottom