By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Je veux vivre

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Dorothea Arnault

Fire Emblem
Species
Human
Height
170cm
Occupation
Actress
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single, and looking
Organizer
link

@Dimitri Blaiddyd
December 31st - Before noon

Everything still felt rather raw. It had been for days but of course locking herself up behind closed doors wouldn't be doing her any good. And this type of event should be something she liked. Maybe not the dance later. Though she would attend of course she already knew it would mostly be an act. But the market the town was having, the little stalls, the children playing. The sheer joy and happiness in the air it should help.

She had skipped Edelgard´s speech though. Feeling very little to sit through another speech even if things were fine between her and Edelgard. Well Edelgard was fine, and she had accepted her even knowing more about who she was. But Dorothea still felt far from it. But now, for the first time in a long time, perhaps for the first time ever really, she felt as if maybe just maybe things would eventually turn out for the better and be alright.

Her walk about the town eventually led her to a group of kids playing around with toy swords. Ooh there were plenty of kids that idolized the life of a knight, romanticized it to a point that was beyond her recognition. In some ways she had participated in it as well, just how many times had she swooned over some brave hero in whatever opera they were performing. But the children seemed to be enjoying themselves. At least until one of them took a nasty fall, tears quickly followed.

Never one to let children cry Dorothea stepped in first. Magic wasn't uncommon in these parts and it didn't take more than a simple heal spell to get the kids on their way again. As soon as she was done the kid thanked her and ran off with his friends again. Letting her eyes go over the nearby crowd of people, one figure striking as particularly noticeable. Easily enough she made her way over, her usual charming self, well close enough for anyone to not take notice at least ¨Good morning your majesty¨ there was, as usual, a teasing quality to her voice. ¨I´d have imagined you´d be at the palace, I think Edie´s having a tournament of some sort¨ sounded like the type of thing Dimitri would be good at. And the type of thing she might want to watch.

• Love
Reactions: Dimitri Blaiddyd

Dimitri Blaiddyd

Fire Emblem
Savior King
Alias
Mitya
Pronouns
He/him
Species
Human
Height
6'2
Occupation
Minister of Battle
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
<3
link
Organizer
link

The festival was something that Edelgard and Ferdinand had organized with painstaking effort. It was a moment to celebrate the holidays, to come together in joy and unite as more than a mere kingdom in an odd world. Originally Dimitri had his hesitations about attending the festival. Edelgard and himself had resolved their hang-ups with one another, but there were times that he felt as if there were invisible boundaries. Participating in something so joyous of his sister's creation originally fell within that imaginary concept.

In the end, he dragged himself out of his home to browse through the stalls and see what the festival had to offer. He heard of the fighting competition that Edelgard had organized, though it felt for the best if he avoided it entirely given their tense history. Though he trusted himself enough not to devolve into a beast, it felt more comfortable to give the tournament a breadth of space.

He hadn't expected to run into Dorothea during his exploration of the many activities and stalls. They have never been particularly close even during their school days. There wasn't much of an opportunity to change that fact until she had disappeared, her whereabouts soon broadcasted in the Killing Game. It... was something he admittedly couldn't bring himself to watch, keeping tabs only to see who lived and who perished. When she returned home, it had been a breath of relief for all who knew her, but it didn't change the fact that they weren't close.

"Good morning, Dorothea," Dimitri greeted her with a courteous half-bow before clasping his hands behind his back. "As entertaining as it sounds, I've decided not to participate this year. Perhaps next festival, if Heavenfell hosts it again." It was the simple and blunt truth delivered as nonchalantly he could. "Are you just looking around, or was there something you had in mind to do at the festival?"

• Love
Reactions: Dorothea Arnault

Dorothea Arnault

Fire Emblem
Species
Human
Height
170cm
Occupation
Actress
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single, and looking
Organizer
link

There was a time where she would have found his courtesy incredibly endearing and it would have given her more than a little reason to tease. As things stood however she was still trying to get back into the usual swing of things. So she left it at just an amused little smile as she winked back at the prince, king?, councilman? Titles in Pandora could be a very messy thing, and truthfully she was the last person to give them any sort of real weight.

¨A shame, i´m sure plenty of people would have wanted to take a good look at you¨ she kept up the teasing nature in her voice. But there was a hint of truth to it. Undoubtedly many in Heavenfell would be curious as to who he was, and why Edelgard had appointed him. A tournament could help with those sorts of things. ¨I believe that you´ll get a say in that yourself being on the council and all that¨ and so far the festival certainly seemed nice for everyone involved. Why not make it an annual thing.

Under normal circumstances she would have gotten herself someone to accompany her to the festival possibly to the ball. But right now she hadn´t even made up her mind if she wanted to go to the latter. And even this was just to see if she could manage going out with so many strangers around. So far so good. Feeling safe in walking across the street again, trying not to fear that everyone here might know exactly who she was. And judge her for it.

¨Just looking around, I wanted to see what Edie and Ferdie had gotten up to exactly¨ that was true, she had been curious. ¨What about yourself?¨

• Love
Reactions: Dimitri Blaiddyd

Dimitri Blaiddyd

Fire Emblem
Savior King
Alias
Mitya
Pronouns
He/him
Species
Human
Height
6'2
Occupation
Minister of Battle
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
Relationship Status
<3
link
Organizer
link

The wink was expected as things went with Dorothea; though he didn't know her well, he knew of her. She had earned a reputation amongst the Eagles' house, some parts good and others not as much. He never paid much mind to them given their differing houses, but she's always been polite whenever they spoke. That said, a part of him wondered if he was still seeing the effects of the Killing Game. It hadn't been long since its dreadful conclusion and... perhaps it wasn't the best subject to think of currently.

"I have no doubts that they'd want to judge my skills, but there are better opportunities than a tournament." He had erred upon noticing the playful tone of her voice but continued onwards with the assumption that it was related to his new job. He shuffled weight from one leg to the next, his fingers curling over his thumb and into his palm. "With these sorts of affairs, I'm sure that I'll likely come down to a vote. With the success it has seen this year, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't become an annual tradition." The whole point of such festivals was to unite the masses and create joy for the attendees. When Dimitri looked about him, the winter festival had achieved exactly that.

In a land such as Pandora where the only certainty was uncertainty, concrete things like annual festivals were important. It brought people together after they've been ripped away from their worlds, gave them the opportunity to celebrate something if they had nothing else. It was pleasant seeing how happy the people around him were as they participated in competitions and enjoyed stall foods.

"I'm going to participate in the javelin tournament later. For now, I've simply been looking around. Edelgard, Ferdinand, and the rest have truly outdone themselves." The same as Dorothea, essentially, until it was time for him to compete. For those disappointed in his absence from the main fighting tournament, it'd at least be an opportunity to witness his throwing-skill.

Current Season

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agatha Harkness
Top Bottom