By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Open Join My Band (Slight M)

Coconut Pete

Club Dread
Coconut Pete is seeking musicians (of any expertise!) to join his band.

The best way to describe Pete's music is "island escapism". His songs tend to chronicle life on an island or under the sea, as well as reference sex, drugs and alcohol. The words aren't crazy graphic or explicit, but are more about being cheeky and playing with sexual innuendo. His music falls into the genres of country, country rock, folk rock, trop rock, calypso, easy listening and pop. The character was inspired by Jimmy Buffet, who I knew nothing of until I encountered this film.

Random points
- Yes, this is a pisstake!
- I intend the band to trundle along as a long term thing, with group threads organised every now and then.
- Characters don't have to give up their day jobs to join the band.
- There is no pressure or expectation to role-play anything related to drug taking and sexual activity. Bear in mind Pete will heavily reference such subjects.
- Martini Beach (pending review) will act as the main headquarters of the band, but we can organise alternative locations if your characters cannot possibly visit the island.

Possible positions:

Main backup vocals

1 position.
They will have to take over lead vocals when Pete is too drunk/stoned to perform. Bonus points if they argue with Pete over who gets to sing lead vocals on future records.

Dancers/backup vocals
3 positions. Hot chicks only.
Do not need skill or talent. Can just sway a little bit in lovely outfits. Occasionally sing “ooh” or “laa”. Bonus points if one of them likes to have steamy flings with Pete.

People playing instruments
2 positions.
@Sebastian (keyboard).
Does your character play the electric guitar? The keyboard? Harp? I'm totally open to whatever instruments you want to chuck into this band!

Other Suggestions
Want to manage this band? Drive 'em around to different venues to perform? Act as their security? I'm completely open to suggestions!

No-nos
- Characters that are physically and mentally under the age of eighteen. This is due to the adult references that might crop up in threads, such as drug taking and sex.
- Characters that don't look human. This is more of a personal preference than anything. It would just fit the theme better to stick with characters that look or are human.

Last edited:

Skooter910

Player
Organizer
link
I'm easily amused and thus would like to offer up Sebastian on keyboard. After turning into a vampire he's kind of had a 'life's too short to stay inside all the time' sort of epiphany (you know, because he can't be outside all the time and misses it), so joining a band would be a good way to get his mind off of things.

Reactions: Dharke

Dharke

I wish David Morrissey had been in Slipstream.
Race
Tiger Man
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link
@Skooter910: Oh, that's great!!! Then Pete can think that blood he's drinking is some kind of beetroot cocktail. Whoa, you tan really easily in the sun. :p

How would you like to have Sebastian recruited into the band? Do you want him to respond to an advertisement? Or I could have Pete stumble across him playing the keyboard, then offer him a position?

Skooter910

Player
Organizer
link
Oh, I like the idea of Sebastian being approached. Maybe while he's kinda dealing with his sense of cabin fever he goes to some open mic night or something like that?

Dharke

Race
Tiger Man
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link
@Skooter910:

Awesome! Do you have a preference for location?

I can also start this for after the season change, unless you‘d rather it be ASAP? I’m a bit of a slow arse at the moment, but should be better by the start of March.

Reactions: Skooter910

Skooter910

Player
Organizer
link
Well, Seb lives in Pandopolis, so any place there that'd have open mic nights or whatever would be fine. And yeah, I can wait for a season change if that's the plan.

Piemaker

Hamburger Enthusiast
Race
Sentient Pastry
Occupation
Not a Piemaker, oddly
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link
This is exactly the kind of lowbrow goofy kinda shit I'd love to get my man, Jotaro Kujo, involved in by hook or by crook. He doesn't have much in the way of musical expertise (except a running joke that he was in a Neil Diamond cover band in the 1980s used exclusively to embarrass his daughter.), but he is heavily involved in most seafaring/islander cultures thanks to his lifelong study of marine biology and can serve as a fact checker/reviewer for all references to aquatics in the lyrics in addition to any role he might otherwise play. More than likely, he will end up doing it anyway because the sea is very important.

He's also a big fucking guy, and could otherwise act as security of some kind if nothing else (being 6'5, rippling with muscle, and horrifying to see in a dark alley.)

Otherwise, if not him, I have Aerith Gainsborough! Who's 22, pretty, and doesn't have much musical talent other than what's really required of a dancer/backup singer. She'd be handy to heal him from a pinch in case of any accidental overdoses in Margaritaville.

Reactions: Dharke

Dharke

Race
Tiger Man
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link
@Piemaker:

Either character (or both!) would make (a) wonderful addition(s) to the band. :D Pete would love having Jotaro around as his island consultant/security department, and he'd try to hit on Aerith, even though she's much younger than him. I imagine Pete being casually irritated by Jotaro correcting his lyrics ("I don't care if they haven't got six legs! Four doesn't rhyme with the last part!", etc).

Does Jotaro do any sailing in Pandora? My initial instinct is to suggest they meet on a boat.

• Love
Reactions: Piemaker

Current Season

Status Updates

"...Whoever said 'Silence is Golden', obviously never needed friends or family around."
tfw the anole in your house keeps outsmarting you. #FloridaProblems
Thank you for the April Fools gift. I liked it VERY MUCH. https://i.ibb.co/XCSq05b/present.png
the disintegrations were an aprilfool. those manthings will be back in three days.

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

• Raine
    werewolves do it by the light of the moon

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lie Ren
Top Bottom