By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private kafka in a courtroom

Goro Akechi

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
Engaged to Ren
link
july 21 - @Haru Okumura

--

well.

here he was, back in the metaverse, with the same enactment as with sakamoto. except now it was okumura-- noir. in hindsight the encounter with the latter hadn't gone so bad, just an addressing of misunderstandings here and there ("i assure you, sakamoto, my bloodlust is but an obscure concept here. and no, i do not want to eat neither your or ren's entrails). with noir, he killed her father.

what did she hope to gain out of this, he wondered. besides presumably his head on a stick. he was no soother of anybody's pain or discomfort. especially when he was the cause.

but perhaps she was wondering the same thing. where they stand and such, in this new dynamic that lead to akechi having a place in ren's life.

crow waited.

some shadows cropped up a while ago. they were dust beneath his heel now. he'd scouted the area earlier to keep at bay any possible dangers. however, this being the metaverse made any effort was a gamble.

footsteps followed into the chamber. crow looked up; he was leaning against the wall in full black gear.

"this was what you wanted, right? no one can hear us from down here. so, to what do i owe this pleasure?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Haru Okumura

Haru Okumura

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Phantom Thief
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
single

It was a conversation that needed to happen, she had to remind herself. She was going to have to face this one day, and it was best to do it sooner than later-- which is why she approached Akechi over text. A simple request, to meet and talk.

... She did request that he not tell anyone about their encounter, as a trade for allowing him to choose the location, however. This was mostly for their privacy's sake. Haru was known mostly for being soft and gentle in appearance and personality, but her friends also knew of the more violent side that came out as Noir, relieving her pent up anger and stress through the destruction of Shadows. If anyone found out about their meeting, their first assumption would likely be that she was about to murder him.

That's why, when he agreed and set the location of their encounter to the Metaverse, she was confused. Was this a trap? Or was he expecting her to be his executioner? To avenge her father by taking the life of the sad, sad teenager young man that killed him?

With careful steps, Noir approached. "I'm surprised you chose here of all places. I was sure you'd choose somewhere more... public? Like a cafe." She was doing her best to be polite at the very least, but the sight of the black mask covering Crow's face made her grimace. She was dressed in her elegant Phantom Thief outfit herself, weapon trailing behind her as she stepped forth in case of Shadows. "Should I be referring to you as Crow, still? Or is it Black Mask?"

It was hard to suppress her emotions. She was angry. She was upset. She wanted nothing more than to take the ornate axe resting at her side to his throat. However, Noir kept herself composed to the best of her ability. Getting furious with Crow was something that was, probably, inevitable at some point in this conversation. The one thing she wanted to avoid was actually acting upon her rage, as much as that dark part of herself wanted her to.

"I mostly wanted to ask you about your time here in Pandora, actually." She answered calmly, "How it's been, how it's treated everyone... and I do apologize for being the hundredth person to probably bring this up-- but I'm also curious about how you and Joker got together, considering everything you've done."

• Love
Reactions: Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
Engaged to Ren
link

It's true; he could have invited her over to a cafe, like two chummy companions. but how much liberties would she take in a cafe, as opposed to the privacy of the metaverse? and how much sooner would he have to invite her to yet another place in hopes of making her feel better about his being in pandora?

crow took all of that into consideration when he called her down to the depths. so when he noticed that she was schooling herself even here, he snorted. "That was all he wanted to know?" He was skeptical, but that was no reason not to entertain her. "alright, well, let's see...ren and I have always had a complicated relationship. it makes sense to us, obviously, but even if I explained to you how it came to be, it would still not help you to understand. do you still want me to try?"

Last edited:
  • Love

Haru Okumura

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Phantom Thief
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
single

Crow's little snort of laughter made Noir scowl a bit. He definitely thought that she had come for revenge, hadn't he? Of course, depending on how the conversation went that could change, but for now Noir just wanted to talk. She wanted to talk, and hopefully, it'd stay that way. The stress and anger bubbling up within her could be taken out on a Shadow instead.

"I don't care if it's complicated. Just talk." She responded flatly. She had more questions, but those could come after Crow's explanation.

• Love

Goro Akechi

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
Engaged to Ren
link

"very well then." crow conceded, not unamused by her impatience. "i arrived to pandora almost two years ago. during that time, ren and i weren't quite on the same page. a lot of turbulence. you know, with my being a murderer and such." he made a dismissive hand gesture. "he'd try to text me, and I'd try to push him away...despite that, i still found myself seeking his counsel from time to time. the magic is that we understand each other. it goes beyond love and hate. you could say that we're necessary extremes."

moving away from the wall, he picked up a round stone, gauging its weight. "to give you an idea, we sat and drank coffee after a fist fight once."

he tossed the stone with a good amount of strength behind it, hitting a jack'o that was trying to sneak in. it fizzed on impact.

"that was before we were dating, of course, but I'd say it sums up our dynamics pretty well."

Last edited:
  • Love

Haru Okumura

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Phantom Thief
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
single

Two years ago... She knew some of her fellow thieves had been in Pandora for quite a while, but it was still somewhat jarring to hear that for some of them, Crow included, they've been here for multiple years. Though she seemed somewhat skeptical of his story, Noir listened and watched him kill an encroaching Shadow with only a stone. "I see... That definitely sounds right." She sighed softly.

"I know this might sound hollow coming from me, but I'm truly happy for you both. However," As she spoke, she suddenly spun to swing her ax behind her, slashing clean through a Shadow attempting to sneak up on her and lodging itself in the wall "I'm sure you're more than aware of my opinion of you. And, I understand that I have yet to see how this place has changed and perhaps even improved you. Perhaps my opinion of you will change, but for now..." With a tug, the ax was released from the wall as she turned to face Crow, a serious expression on her face.

Her grip on her axe's handle tightened. "I want to know, do you regret what you've done? The people you've hurt? The people you've killed?"

• Love

Goro Akechi

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
Engaged to Ren
link

he had a nice roundabout way of answering that. it wasn't going to be pleasant, but neither was any direct answer he would give her.

"i suppose you could say that some didn't deserve to die, that they were merely victims by association. but others deserved what was coming to them."

very aware of how she was holding her axe and not interested either way, crow dared to step closer. "do you know how many people died under your father? how many i killed for him?"

• Love

Haru Okumura

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Phantom Thief
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
single

There was likely no answer that would appease Noir. Nothing could ever pardon his actions, not even the fact that he was a victim of injustice as they were. She knew what it was like, being your father’s puppet, but she didn’t kill people. She didn’t drive people to madness.

She gritted her teeth as he answered and stepped closer, grip tightened further around the axe’s handle as he raised a question for her to answer. "Oh, I’m more than aware, Crow." She hissed, "I never knew how deep he was in Shido’s pocket until after his death, but I was well aware he was no saint. He was barely a good father." Her tone strained, suppressing her emotions becoming difficult. "However— as evil as his actions were, as evil as some of the people you’ve slain possibly were, killing them, wasn’t the answer! He-- they deserved to have been brought to justice!" Her outburst echoed throughout the chamber, only serving to frustrate her further.

• Love

Goro Akechi

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
Engaged to Ren
link
well it wasn't like he would get a booby prize for standing pretty while she popped her lid off, was there? and the things she was saying really were grating on him... he didnt know; maybe there was a snarp angle of truth there he was still prone to snagging on, even years later.

"of course you share the phantom thieves' ideals. bravo on being a better human being than most people," he clapped. "but guess what? scum is still scum, no matter how you reform it. if my father wasn't at the pinnacle of the political world? your father might have taken his place. was going to, anyway; they were virtually no different except for their placement on the field. you think everyone deserves to be tried? no. that's just an opinion. in reality, nothing's that fair." he couldn't help the sneer that bled across his face; didn't even know when it did. "i take lives. that is my justice. you don't have to agree with it."

• Love

Haru Okumura

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Phantom Thief
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
single

Her intentions were not to harp about her own morals and force them upon Crow. In all honestly, she wanted to know if there was any hope in believing that he had changed. She wanted to know if he regretted murdering others in cold blood; if he regretted murdering her father on a live stream. Unfortunately for those hopes, it seemed like the two were reaching an impasse. And--

If he didn't want to be on the receiving end of her ax, he was doing a horrible job at potentially avoiding that outcome. "They had potential for reform! Their crimes would always haunt them, what they did would never be fully forgiven-- but they could at least try to atone for them..!" She retorted, but it was the sneer alongside his final words that made her particularly upset, arm quickly moving to point the ax at his throat, clearing the gap between them.

"That's good, because I don't. I will never agree with you, because this 'justice' you tote is false." She said, cold anger in her tone, "There is no retribution, no justice to be found in the deaths you've caused." Noir's expression was serious, and her brown eyes contained none of their usual gentleness-- a cold glare fixed on the man before her.

"I suppose your answer to my question before, about whether you regret your actions or not, is a no?"

• Love

Goro Akechi

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
Engaged to Ren
link
oh, she was going to try and kill him? if she did she'd be debasing the very principles she was using against him. he'd win either way, really. and if she had any sense in her head, she'd know that.

she wouldn't do it. it was a nice bluff, though, one that got him paying attention.

"the path I walked-- the choices I made, I regret nothing. and if I should have the chance to do it again, i would, in a heartbeat," if there was ever anything to regret, well... Ren already knew what it was. and they were past that anyway. "so you're shit out of luck, if you think that I'm going to backpedal like some sort of half-assed villain. I'm a criminal, noir. nothing is going to change that. but I'm here, I'm alive, and I'm engaged to ren. what are you going to do about it?"

• Love

Haru Okumura

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Phantom Thief
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
single

Noir wanted to kill him. A very, very dark part of her wanted so desperately to sink the blade of her axe through flesh, muscle, and bone. That part of her wanted to replace the pain she felt just looking at his smug face below the black visor, remembering watching her father convulse and slump over on that cursed livestream, by ending the life in front of her.

But she couldn't.

One part of her didn't want to give in to those horrible, destructive thoughts. The other part of her knew that it was pointless. She had just told him that his eye-for-an-eye justice only caused pain, after all. If she killed him here, she would not only be betraying her own principles alongside the Phantom Thieves', she would be hurting her friends. They would be the ones facing the brunt of her actions while Akechi would receive the merciful release of death.

There was silence, and then her ax lowered, a cold expression mixed with slight disgust on her face as she kept her gaze locked on Crow. "I'll merely congratulate you on the happiness you and Ren have found." She replied, her cold tone betraying her words. "I'm not petty enough to interfere with your relationships or your life here. Nor do I wish to cause strife among our friends."

• Love

Goro Akechi

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
Engaged to Ren
link
so much hate there. he thought he could sense how deep it ran, because he was an avid fan of hatred himself. but no matter. he had plenty of enemies--possibly more than the number of people he's met. as the black mask, it was a tradeaway of sorts.

"atta girl." he said, voice lacquered with the false kindness his face did not. "then we should have no trouble getting along, wouldn't you agree?"

• Love

Haru Okumura

Persona
Species
Human
Occupation
Phantom Thief
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
single

The fake kindness in his voice only served to make her scowl, but that was about it. No snappy retort, no insults, no yelling-- she merely accepted that this was what she was going to have to do. Pretend to get along with Crow for the sake of avoiding problems among their shared friend group.

It took a second for her to reply, making no effort to hide how fake her smile was in the moment. "Of course." She replied with a similar false kindness in her voice.

• Love

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

//Setting Wednesday as my next posting day, see you all soon <3 //
Sorry for being so absent, my loves!! Life has been crazy, as usual :( I will hopefully be back soon, thank you for being so patient with me <333
posts coming this week! things have been h e c t i c so thank you for the patience with me <3

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iknik Blackstone Varrick
Top Bottom