By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Open KAKURENBO (INFORMATION AND SIGN-UPS)

Chip

hope is the greatest good of all
Race
Cool Ranch Dorito
Occupation
pandora's school idol
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link

KAKURENBO: HIDE & SEEK PANDORA EDITION

"Otokoyo is a secret they play in that town. It's a game... of hide...and seek... Sometimes the lights in the town get eerily brighter, and the whole town becomes a maze. But there are signs. If you follow the neon lights of "O", "To", "Ko" and "Yo" then you will find your way. When you get to the end, you'll arrive at the Otokoyo square, and when 7 kids arrive. The game begins. All kids must wear a fox mask to play. Otokoyo is nor a normal game of hide and seek. It's very... dangerous. They say that demons appear to steal away the children who play the game. And it's true, in the game of Otokoyo... kids will... disappear."

DATE INFORMATION:
Sign-ups: Now until December 28 2019
Begins: January 1 2020
Ends: January 31 2020

To celebrate the OOC New Year, Bob will be returning... To kill you all... Or something. This edition is based on the Kakurenbo with its own twists (please watch, it's an interesting movie)!

The Plot:
Somewhere in late December, just before Christmas, rumors will arise of a secret game being played. Anyone who attended Prisoner's Dilemma might find it familiar: NPCs were suddenly brought somewhere and told the rules of a game. To win they must survive. Most of the others think it's some sort of joke, a game-- It's hard to track disappearances in Pandora, after all. If they're true or not well... You'll find out soon enough.

In Mid-January a group of characters will find themselves brought to an old, industrial-looking town. It doesn't look familiar (perhaps a planet in the Wilderness they never visited). But they're all gathered in the city center. It doesn't matter what they were wearing before but they'll find themselves in a uniform and mask: The same style Abigail was given in Prisoner's Dilemma.

If you take off the masks you're told that the monsters will find you immediately and you will disappear.

The object of the game is explained by a small girl in a fox mask and white robes: Survive until the sun comes up. Follow the letters 'o' 'to' 'ko 'yo' to be led to safety. For some, the journey might be safe, but if you lose the way or mess with the wrong thing... Well, there's no saying that you too won't disappear. It's a game of survival.

IC Rules:
- Do not remove the masks. Remove the masks and the demons will come for you.
- You cannot leave the city. If you leave the city you will automatically disappear.
- Powers mysteriously do not work. It's like the weather in the Vales has jacked it up or something (are you in the Vales then?)
- Normal weapons (swords) can still be used.
- Make it to the end of Otokoyo through the night and win.

OOC ACTIVITY & EXPLANATION OF PLAYSTYLE:
1.) Otokoyo will last the entire month of January, however it will only be taking place from Dusk to Dawn of a singular day.
2.) All threads will end on Jan 31 2020. No exceptions. Short responses and one-liners are encouraged. It is all right if you never meet the end of the town. This game is more EXPLORATION based and thus not everyone will "finish".
3.) All threads will be group threads of no more than three people per thread. If you do not respond within 24-hrs you will be skipped until your next position in line. This is to keep the thread moving.

Essentially how it will go:
Player A: Walks down the hallway
Player B: Look at a funny statue beside them
Player C: Decides to hit the statue
Game-Runner: Statue turns to them and roars

WHAT TO EXPECT:
Similar to Prisoner's Dilemma Otokoyo is ultimately not a game to play if you do not want to run into trauma. While death is not an essential part of it... It still is a possibility. A big possibility depending on what characters do. Do not sign up if you do not want to run the risk of potential trauma. For this one, however, I will be requesting sign-ups for how far you would like it to go if it comes to it. This does not necessarily mean your characters will die just because you sign up for it!

There is also a SECRET ROLE that will be given out randomly to a singular participant in the game. This will also be given a special sign-up form.

Prisoner's Dilemma set up some elements for the future of Bob and his antics, but Otokoyo will focus on more plot kind of things. As you will be traveling a city it is completely possible to get hints about who Bob is. You know, for the future when you guys maybe get to take him down. Maybe. However, as this is more exploration-based this is going to be a more active, hands-on survival-adventure type that I hope everyone enjoys.

OTHER THINGS
So I'm really bad at explaining this! I'm trying to give an idea without giving too much away, but if you have any questions please ask! Seriously, ask! I'm happy to clarify anything. Now, I am starting Sign-Ups NOW until December 28. This should give everyone plenty of time to sign up and give me enough time to make any last minute adjustments.

At this time please only sign up ONE CHARACTER PER PLAYER. As I am running this I don't want to get swamped. Right now the aim is to have 6-7 teams of 3. If I can get help running it I might be willing to do more than that, but right now we will see!

If need be I may cap without warning depending on player interest!

Please use this thread for sign-ups and any questions needed to be asked! Thank you!

SIGN-UPS:
Character Name:
Trauma Level:
Minor (scrapes, bruises, twisted ankles/broken pinkies), Moderate (Broken Bones, Small Gashes, Fractured Ribs), Heavy (Potential Death, more potential blood loss, multiple bones)
Teammate Preference: Please let me know if there is a group you want your character to play with! I will try to honor these, however, adjustments may need to be made. For this one close CR isn't at all necessary.
Special Role: Would you like your character to have the chance at the special role? Please be aware that signing up for this may involve light mind-control/cohesion to performing it. It will not directly harm any other participants, however.

Clayr

Player
Character Name: Lenalee Lee
Trauma Level:
Heavy (or anything lower than that, etc)
Teammate Preference: Any canonmates (other DGM chars), but, apart from that, nothing.
Special Role: Absolutely.

H
H

Harry Hook

This sounds fun!!
Gonna mess with all the wrong things probably tbh.

Character Name: Harry Hook
Trauma Level: HEAVY, why the fuck not???? I don't know what I'm doing with this idiot anyway, let's just go to town!
Teammate Preference: No preference! But perfectly open if others want to talk potential teammate stuff, he just knows nobody, so I've got nothing to put here!
Special Role: SURE WHY NOT!

GhostOfHalloweenPast

local vampire nerd & space geek
Forum Upkeep Division
Race
kuo'ma
Occupation
Writer & Half-Time Witch
Alignment
True Neutral
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Name: Max Villemont
Trauma Level: Minor – Moderate
Teammate Preference: none that I can think of!
Special Role: no.

oh, but, if @Octi is ok with it, I'd find, that her getting grouped with Harry Hook could be a potentially really funny thread, if only for the whole pirate thing! yk, "funny" besides the fact that they're caged in a city and dangerous stuff is happening to them, of course.

Reactions: Chip and Octi

Crescendo

Maboroshi Wink~
Occupation
NEET
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Character Name: Osomatsu Matsuno
Trauma Level: Moderate
Teammate Preference: Anyone's fine!
Special Role: Iiiiiif you want to~

Crystal

Even in darkness, there is always light
Occupation
Dreamer and Chef
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
Character Name: Stiles Stilinski
Trauma Level: Moderate & Heavy. I'm okay with all of it! xD (near-death experience, cause this dude has already died once xD)
Teammate Preference: None! GO TEAM!
Special Role: I'D LOVE TO. xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Chip

Keith Kogane

Voltron: Legendary Defender
Race
1/2 Human, 1/2 Galra
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Taken
link
Organizer
link
Character Name: Keith Kogane
Trauma Level: Heavy if I can take death off the table. Near death is fine. Otherwise, moderate please. :)
Teammate Preference: No preference!
Special Role: Hell yeah. I'm up for it!

Rune

The Cheery Reaper
Community Relations Division
Race
Undead
Occupation
Collecting souls
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
Character Name: Faile Bashere
Trauma Level: Minor - Moderate
Teammate Preference: Nope! She needs to meet people.
Special Role: YES PLEASE

C
C

Cole

Character Name: Cole
Trauma Level: Minor - Moderate
Teammate Preference: No, but open to it if anyone else is!
Special Role: Ah, why not? That's a yes, btw ^^

Bremusa

Member of the Local Gay Hot Topic Society
Race
Monster Girl
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
Character Name: Jeanne d'Arc Alter
Trauma Level: Heavy!
Teammate Preference: Nah
Special Role: YES

Chip

Race
Cool Ranch Dorito
Occupation
pandora's school idol
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
Thank you everyone who has signed up so far! I will be opening this for players to throw in second characters on the 20th depending on if we get more sign-ups by then! Stay tuned for that <3 Otherwise if you haven't signed up any characters and wish to please feel free to continue to do so!

Ryu

Breath of Fire
Race
Endless
Occupation
Adventurer
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Name: Ryu
Trauma Level:Minor-Moderate
Teammate Preference: No preferences.
Special Role: Might as well while I'm here.

Bremusa

Member of the Local Gay Hot Topic Society
Race
Monster Girl
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
i ended up dropping jalter so i'll enter someone else instead

Character Name:
Elizabeth Bathory
Trauma Level: Moderate
Teammate Preference: N/A
Special Role: Yes

E
E

Edward Elric

Character Name: Edward Elric
Trauma Level: Moderate, but really open to anything except death.
Teammate Preference: Nope. Throw me with whoever.
Special Role: Sure, go ahead.

Rik-Rik-Rass

Player
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Yesss, I'm super stoked for this! (Watched Kakurenbo so, so long ago, but I enjoyed what I saw!)

Character Name:
Scaramouche
Trauma Level: Moderate! But I'm open to anything that isn't pushing up daisies.
Teammate Preference:
Anybody! (I apologize in advance if my character runs yours ragged.)
Special Role: Sure, I'm down to clown!

Rik-Rik-Ree

Player
Organizer
link
Character Name: One-One
Trauma Level: Moderate (as best you can considering he's a roboto)
Teammate Preference: No preferences!
Special Role: Sure, I'd be up for it!

Chip

Race
Cool Ranch Dorito
Occupation
pandora's school idol
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
Thank you, everyone, for your interest so far! I'm really excited to see where this goes from here. My last post I said that on the twentieth I would close if we reached cap. As we currently have 5 teams I am LOOSELY GOING TO STOP SIGN-UPS HERE. However, we have one odd one out and thus do potentially need two more to round out the teams. So there is still time if you are interested in joining!

Once the sixth team is filled out (if it is filled out) sign-ups will fully close.

Finally:
HERE IS YOUR LIST OF TEAMS

:) Team colors are significant. But also I'm releasing this early as if there's any need for changes please let me know!

Current Season

Status Updates

It's kind of weird not being Gen Sec anymore.
It's ma' birthday!!! Woo!!

...Man, I'm old xD
So ah...how do you ask somebody you haven't known for a long time to be friends with you...?

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Recent Posts

Staff online

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midoriya Izuku
Top Bottom