By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Let Go of What You Fear to Lose

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Species
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good

May 15, Y109 @Anakin Skywalker

When Cal had told Obi-Wan that Anakin was here in Pandora there was a part of him that wanted to go and look for him immediately. Everything had clicked then, the feeling that Anakin was really alive and not gone- was true. His instinct had proven him right. The only thing that stayed that course of action was the fact that Anakin had expressed a desire to be left alone for some time. So he would respect that.

In all truth though, Obi-Wan was worried for Anakin, there was always a part of him that would be. Even though he knew Anakin and trusted that he would make it out of any situation. There was a part of him that wanted to always be sure that Anakin was alright. When Cal told Obi-Wan that Anakin had been killed defending younglings at the temple from Darth Vader he had been devastated. But despite the grief he had the feeling that Anakin was still alive. Now he had to wonder if that feeling was only due to Anakin's presence here in Pandora. It was painful to think that Anakin had such a difficult time here already. It only added to his confusion of what this place really was.

But today....Obi-Wan decided to pay his former padawan a visit. Thanks once again to Cal, Obi-Wan was able to get the coordinates to Anakin's last known location. Combined with their connection via The Force, Obi-Wan knew he'd be able to find him. And if Anakin needed more time, he'd be able to give that easily. He just wanted to check on Anakin and make sure he was ok. That much at least.

So, Obi-Wan Kenobi made his way to Brattur. Upon landing it was clear what sort of place this was. Cold, harsh, but a place where life was thriving despite a deeper and very old looming presence. Parking his ship a bit out of the town's territory out of respect for the people- he exited and started to make his way towards the settlement. He made no attempt to hide himself via the Force. Anakin would know he was here.

Hopefully, they would be able to meet.

Picture Credit: andanguyen[/CENTER]

• Love
Reactions: Anakin Skywalker
A
A

Anakin Skywalker

Anakin knelt atop Brattur's outer wall, finagling with the antenna of his signal tower because service was tripping up again. But mostly it was because he could feel Obi-Wan Kenobi closing in toward this direction like an invisible beacon, sending his anxiety ripping to infinity and beyond. And because he needed to busy his hands with something- anything productive in the meanwhile.

Taking in a deep breath, he rose atop the parapet and leaned his forearms against it, his hair fluttering in the icy winds as he brooded down into the line of evergreens below. What was he supposed to say? Surely he'd been given enough time to deliberate, although May had been a bit more eventful than anticipated. With Kylo Ren, Maul, Luke... After Cal Kestis had given him the head's up about his old Master, Obi-Wan showing up in some capacity following the string of familiar faces was bound to happen sooner rather than later. But what was he supposed to say?

"General Kenobi!" Anakin muttered experimentally to himself, "When I left you, I was but the low ground. Now I am the high ground."

... No. Absolutely not. Mumbling a self-directed curse, he shook his head and let his temple drop into one of his hands.

The next time his head lifted, he saw the figure below. There was a dull joy upon seeing him in good health, not nearly quite as heartbroken or old and withered as Vader had last seen him in that sequence of memories. There was also the sensation of his stomach dropping to the floor.

There was a time where he would've moved mountains for this man. He still would move mountains for this man, his best friend, his adopted older brother. And yet... How well would you sleep knowing I failed you, he remembered asking him during their excursion on Utapau. How would he sleep indeed.

"General Kenobi!" he greeted below, this time no take-backs, "You... you look good." ... Underwhelming, yes, but not as atrocious as the other one.

• Love
Reactions: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Species
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good
Obi-Wan walked, allowing the Force to guide him to Anakin. His breath came out in silvery wisps in the cold air of Brattur. The area did have a beautiful charm to it- despite the looming presence he felt. Obi-Wan allowed the Force to calm his worries. Anakin would be fine. This would be fine. And should Anakin need more time- he could give that to him.

As he approached the town he heard a familiar voice- one he was worried he would never hear again after the news Cal Kestis had shared. He felt relieved, and glad to see Anakin. Though...confused- Anakin was practically swimming in anxiety. This was probably the most anxious Obi-Wan had ever felt his former padawan being. That was concerning.

He snorted back a chuckle at the 'General Kenobi' thing and rose a brow, "Hello there!" he called back up with a wave of his hand, before placing his hand on his hip "I could say the same for you. Now, Shall I come up there? Or are you going to come down?"

@Anakin Skywalker

• Love
A
A

Anakin Skywalker

Something in his shoulders stiffened and slumped at the ever so familiar calls, but then Anakin gave a half smile. No, he couldn't expect them to keep yelling at each other over a wall like this- despite part of him miraculously appreciating the humor of it. Besides, he'd already informed Melnik and the others (including Kylo Ren) that he was expecting company, so no interruptions from Brattur from here on out. Bracing one hand over the parapet, he made to hoist himself over and down, his feet meeting the ground in a soft billow of snow.

"I'm guessing you're here by virtue of a mutual friend," he wagered in the approach to close the remaining distance. Despite the steady front, the easy grin which sat upon his lips, he was spiralling from the apprehension within. There was relief there too; that he no longer needed to angst over how he was possibly supposed to look Obi-Wan in the eye when it was already happening.

He supposed he simply craved just a few moments reminiscent of old times, unburdened by the weight of knowledge. So down the curtain fell in front of all his fear and uncertainty, like a prelude to their entrance of sorts. "How have you been, Master?"

• Love

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Species
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good
Obi-Wan stiffened and sighed when Anakin jumped down landing in the snow gracefully and with ease. He chuckled as Anakin approached, "Do you ever think to not jump from high places? Perhaps descend in a more normal fashion?" He teased- being slightly hypocritical himself- something he expected Anakin to call him out on.

Still this...anxiety from Anakin was troubling. He nodded at his former padawan's words. "Yes, Cal Kestis. He has a talent for finding people here." he said with a warmth in his tone. Cal was a good kid- and Anakin would likely remember the boy as a youngling. Obi-Wan did not expect to really ever have another Padawan though he knew it was overdue. So there was something nice about teaching and helping with training again.

There was movement from under Obi-Wan's cloak and his daemon varactyl Boga poked her head out before nestling back where it was warm, she was wrapped around the back of his neck, but the varactyl's eyes remained on Anakin- peering with a sort of concern.

But as for Obi-Wan...things felt normal. Anakin was here... and they were talking. It was just like always so he had to wonder what was on Anakin's mind. But for now he'd focus on the present- these things would come out in time.

"Oh...been as well as you can expect. Being pulled into an entirely different dimension was not disorienting at all." he responded with some dry sarcasm. "One minute I'm meditating and the next..." he gestured around them but a smile was on his features nonetheless as he went to place a hand on Anakin's shoulder,

"I...assume you've been feeling a bit of the same..." he continued the slight sarcasm giving way as it always did to genuine. Anakin could read Obi-Wan as easily as he could read Anakin.

"Cal was a great help when it came to settling in. And I've met some other familiar faces. Like Ahsoka- whose presence I think you've been able to sense. Overall, I'm doing....just fine." He fell quiet for a bit, just taking him in. On one hand he was glad to see Anakin here. Relieved... after learning what was to come. The pain still in his heart. He was relieved to see Anakin standing in front of him alive after hearing the news of Anakin's death. Anakin was fine. He was safe here- for now. But there was also the whole- being trapped here which was never good. He was sure Anakin probably just wanted to be back home. He cleared his throat though realizing the silence had stretched just a bit longer than he anticipated,

"And you? Cal told me you needed some time to come to terms with some things. And if you need me to give you some more time- you know I will. I just wanted to see how you were, Anakin."

@Anakin Skywalker

• Love
A
A

Anakin Skywalker

A laugh escaped him as he noted the tiniest varactyl he had ever seen poking her head up from Obi-Wan's cloak. And he supposed that one could speak as well? Talking animal companions did seem to be the latest trend, and it didn't surprise him one bit that his Master ended up falling victim to it.

At the mention of Cal Kestis- and then Ahsoka- by name, his brows lifted somewhat, only to lower promptly after. "I know." The reaction was subdued as Obi-Wan had wagered correctly; he'd been preparing for a reunion with Ahsoka for some time: coming across what had been the blasted out remains of R7-A7, retrieving and steadily breathing life back into the droid. Making small improvements of his own. He felt like—he needed something to give her, when the time came. But that time would come soon enough.

"That's what he said after all?" Anakin mused, a lopsided grin slipping over his lips. "I think he was just being thoughtful. I've been staying here to reflect, not to hide." Or so that's what he had managed to convince himself into believing.

... It was a nebulous situation, his expression creasing as he felt that anxiety threatening to return from the shadows of consciousness. With a hyper-awareness of the hand on his shoulder, his eyes cast a downward glance.

"Last I was aware of before ending up here, Ahsoka was on her way to Mandalore, and we were en route to rescue the Chancellor from Grievous's clutches." His eyes flashed with tangible anger as the word Chancellor passed between his lips, enough for the air around them to chill even further with an ominous dark energy. But this too was short-lived, the darkness evaporating as fleetingly as it had arrived, as he brought his gaze back up to Obi-Wan, this time an undercurrent of pain coursing through him.

"Obi-Wan, how much did Cal tell you about- what's meant to happen after?"

• Love

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Species
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good
Obi-Wan's hand absently went to Boga's head stroking her neck. She tended to feel the same way he did- and he was concerned for Anakin. But Boga remained quiet just eying the situation for now.

Still Anakin's reaction surprised Obi-Wan slightly as a lopsided grin emerged on Anakin's feature- a sort of smile so natural to his old padawan and one that reminded Obi-Wan that regardless of what was to come- right now Anakin was here. Obi-Wan gave a nod, though Anakin's words were...not entirely convincing. Obi-Wan studied his former padawan, but for now wouldn't question it.

"Cal is pretty thoughtful." Obi-Wan said with a light chuckle. "Glad to hear you are taking time to reflect." It wasn't exactly common of Anakin to do such things- but even Obi-Wan had taken some time to grow in some habits. If Anakin was taking time to evaluate, think, reflect, and be introspective before action- who was he to discourage it? If anything it would've just made Obi-Wan more proud.

If he believed it. The creasing expression and the anxiety brewing in Anakin- but it was natural, was it not? This was a situation none of them could readily believe. One that was entirely out of line with anything they had once known.

But together they could see it through.

"To Mandalore?" He mused somewhat surprised, "I s-" He stopped as Anakin mentioned the Chancellor being caught by Grevious. As if that in itself wasn't a surprise. No, what was more alarming was the anger. And darkness coming from Anakin. He understood though- Chancellor Palpatine was the Sith Lord who wiped out the Jedi Order as they had known it. But...this dark energy- but just as soon as it had arrived it was gone and replaced with hurt.

"He told me all he knew. As did Ahsoka. Palpatine and his apprentice Darth Vader wiped out the Jedi Order. Cal and Ahsoka survived the Order. He told me some other details, but perhaps- we ought to head inside where it is at least warmer for such a discussion?" Obi-Wan's voice was even, and calm. He felt sad of course thinking of what was to come. But for now, Anakin was here- and safe. That was what was most important.

@Anakin Skywalker

AN: Im so sorry it took so long. <3

• Love
A
A

Anakin Skywalker

His mental shields clamped shut around him when the name Darth Vader left his former Master's lips. He was sorry to have to conceal his emotions- his everything from the man, but he wasn't ready to melt down and be overwhelmed again after coming so far with Kylo. Already unwarranted flashes of shattered memories churned within him; the stench of sulfur and scorched skin, bestial screams and declarations of hatred. That all-consuming hatred at odds with anguished love, at odds with who he was in the present where he was sorry, so sorry.

"I see," Anakin replied neutrally, standing still and uncharacteristic in his blankness. The anger was gone and buried. Not quite released to the Force, unfortunately, but he stubbornly refused to let it discolor him now.

It was as if he was resetting himself, letting the tendons within his limbs loosen and recollect themselves, before pivoting on his heel and nodding and agreeably opening the gate that would allow them to pass into the small yet mysteriously thriving mountain town.

There were things he could finally confess, though, as they passed by rows of street fronted snow-topped buildings, by pedestrians sneaking curious glances at the Jedi Master. "I've been married to Padmé for three years," he supplied almost too casually. The lightness, at least, had returned to his voice. When he turned his face to Obi-Wan it seemed that he actually had succeeded at filing away his despair for other topics, as he smiled a smile that was split between apologetic and absolutely unabashed and relieved.

• Sad

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Species
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good
Anakin's relations with his emotions had always been something Obi-Wan was worried about. It was good to have emotions, in fact Jedi and force sensitives in particular felt an extreme amount of emotions. The Force allowed them to be sensitive to the emotions and feelings of others- and their own. It was why it was pinnacle for a Jedi to acknowledge the emotion but to not overwhelm themselves with it. To accept it and let it go- and not let it consume them or lock it away until it burst.

And Anakin- one who had been so seeped into The Force, he struggled with those lessons. Especially with letting things go. It was one thing to feel that dark energy- that anger. It was another thing entirely for Anakin to completely shut himself off from Obi-Wan.

He accepted Anakin's answer for now, the blankness not sitting well with Obi-Wan at all. But it seemed that Anakin agreed about going inside. Obi-Wan followed along, taking in the sights of the snow-covered mountain town. It was thriving, despite the harsh conditions. It was then, Anakin made a confession all-too casually. It was this casual manner that actually took Obi-Wan off guard more than the actual content of the confession but when he registered it, he grinned, laughing a bit. The lightness had returned to Anakin though and that smile....it was one he had seen often with Anakin. Even as a boy- he would see it. It was one where Anakin was caught doing something he knew better about, felt sorry about it- but also wasn't too sorry. The small sense of relief present as well, as he no longer had to lie or hide something. Obi-Wan shook his head.

"And what makes you think, I didn't already know?" He asked, a small- amused smile on his features though he tried to look reproachful. "The least you could've done was invite me to the wedding."

He knew why he hadn't been invited though. The entire situation was one that had to have been stressful for Anakin. And one that Obi-Wan had tried to look away from. Especially seeing as he hadn't been so exempt from forming attachments despite his adherence to the Jedi Code.

It hadn't taken much effort for Obi-Wan of all people to figure it out. From Anakin using Padmé's name often instead of her more often used title. Among just other things. Small hints here and there- though it was nice to actually get some confirmation as much as he had to disapprove of it-here in Pandora at least it didn't matter too much. And he was happy for Anakin. That much was true.

@Anakin Skywalker

• Love
A
A

Anakin Skywalker

At the sound of Obi-Wan's laughter, a slight jolt passed through him. Anakin paused and turned, half in bemusement and half in ineludible ... something... relief? He knew- but of course he knew, despite his old habit of rationalizing away the overt clues that Obi-Wan had known ("I hope you at least told Padme I said hello.") for his own sanity and peace of mind. It had seemed impossible to be more open with him then, knowing his Master's reputation as the consummate, Code-abiding Jedi. Yet here they stood now.

With the fear of nothing, almost absolutely nothing hanging over his head. Relief was an understatement.

"The guest list capped out at two droids," he recalled, his pride abating from a wilting sheepishness. As for which two droids, it'd be easy enough for the likes of Kenobi to guess. He moved on with a shake of his head, half of a smile lingering for a moment longer. "I'm sorry. I don't think I was ever a good fit for the Order." The flat exasperation in his admission was anticlimactic for the weight of it: the amount of introspection it had taken him to finally conclude that things like detachment, releasing himself of his emotion— it was like trying to jam a square peg into a round hole.

He thought of his hesitation around the circumstances over Carnelian IV, and what would've become of him had he departed for the greater galaxy like his fourteen year old heart nudged him to do.

Well, Palpatine would've gotten his claws on him even earlier on, most likely, so it was kind of a lose-lose situation, wasn't it?

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Species
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good
The relief was palpable. And it was nice...this reunion and everything that came with it. It was good to see Anakin. Even if this was an entirely different world. And Anakin was safe, and alright. What would come to pass had not yet come for his former padwan and brother. He walked step in step, a smile on his features already envisioning the two droids who would have been at the wedding all too easily.

"Ah well, then in that case, I suppose I can forgive the oversight." He said with a joking tone. He listened as Anakin mentioned he probably hadn't been a good fit for the Order. Obi-Wan still had great faith in Anakin. He believed in him so wholeheartedly. But he also knew the Order's path was not everyone's path. Even he himself had almost walked away from the Order, and he had even temporarily done so as a youth.

"The path of a Jedi in the Jedi Order is but just one path we can choose to walk. The universe is vast, Anakin." He said with a small sigh, "If you have chosen another path; another life that makes you happier- then I will support you in any way I can. I hope you know that." he looked over to Anakin. He knew it must have taken a lot of reflection to come to a conclusion that everything he had worked for until now was not necessarily the right direction.

Anakin had a hard life- more difficult than a majority of younglings and padawans at the temple. Sometimes, he still saw that young child deep within Anakin. While Qui-Gon believed Anakin was the one who would bring balance to The Force and that he had to be trained as a Jedi. Obi-Wan had done his part. He trained Anakin to the best of his abilities. But Anakin was also his own person- who had his own life he needed to live. And he knew now, the path of the Jedi Order is what led to his death. He just wanted to see Anakin happy, and thriving. And if this was how- then he was happier for it.

In any case the lessons Anakin had learned at the temple would hopefully prove useful in Anakin's new life.

@Anakin Skywalker

• Love
A
A

Anakin Skywalker

He once believed that the Order was the place where he could do the most good for the galaxy. In spite of the trepidations of his young heart, he had entered it with starry eyes and an earnest aspiration to free his childhood friends, his mother, from the shackles of slavery. The faces of those friends were now distant blurs within his memory, and his mother—

That should've been another neon bright indication that he'd long since strayed from his intended path. Then with the war, the tumult and upheaval, he hadn't given himself another chance to reconsider before it was too late.

Maybe it was easier here without the structures of the temple and High Council looming over him, to simply say that's not me anymore. He didn't doubt it, but he didn't doubt he would've faced much resistance beyond his own uncertainty and guilt of abandoning his comrades had he simply thrown in the towel mid-Clone Wars. Ahsoka managed it, after all.

How many lives would've been spared, had he only done just that?

"This isn't a farewell by any means!" Anakin nudged Obi-Wan with an elbow, refusing to fall down that familiar, destructive thought pattern of what if what if. "You're hardly going to be rid of me that easily. We'll stay in touch, because of course we will."

He meant that wholeheartedly, of course, but there was still that kernel in his soul, that insidious voice that whispered of how one day Obi-Wan will know. He'll find out about Vader and it'll be a different league of heartbreak altogether.

It just didn't have to be today.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Species
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good
Obi-Wan smiled at Anakin, letting out a laugh at Anakin's words.

"Of course not. Even in another universe and world we managed to stick together. I expect you to stay in touch, and know I will do the same." His words were light, slightly chiding. He meant it wholeheartedly as well.

Obi-Wan couldn't really imagine life without Anakin. Perhaps that is why the knowledge of what awaited them at "home" hurt him so. Knowing Anakin would die at the hands of Darth Vader- it was a future he knew would come to pass. But for now, he would enjoy the moments he had left. And who knows if they were both stuck here for a very long time- perhaps he wouldn't need to worry about that future.

It was good to see Anakin well...himself. He had been worried about his former padawan- but now it seemed Anakin was indeed alright. That blankness and the anger earlier was...well concerning. He still remembered it- but it seemed that despite everything- and the changes and the secrets coming out- Anakin was okay and safe. Which was the biggest relief of all.

And that was all Obi-Wan needed to be put at ease. He gave another glance at their surroundings,

"This place is quite interesting, I have to ask what you plan on doing now." He said curiously as he walked with Anakin. Obi-Wan moved clasping his hands behind his back as he walked, having relaxed a bit more

@Anakin Skywalker

Current Season

Status Updates

//So Oscar got Chaotic Good in the legendary Alignment Test. What I do with this information is now a Work in Progress...//
Hey broskis. Sorry I've been borderline AWOL for the better part of a year. Things have been a little meh and I feel like I'm stretched so damn thin right now. I wanna come back and write with you guys again, but idk when that's gonna be. Hope you're all doing well. <3
This is not...lingonberry jam? Who delivered??
People call me a serial killer, but they’ve got me aaall wrong. I’m really a SPREE killer. There’s a very, VERY subtle difference. :D:D:D

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alphys
Top Bottom