By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Let's go back

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human V1.0
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link

December 5, Y109
Ozma went to sleep feeling safe, and warm, and dizzyingly happy, feeding off the wonderfully odd connection that had been fused between his magic and Merlin's. For one of the first times in his memory, Oz had drifted into slumber without much concern at all. Whatever trace amounts of uncertainty he had felt had faded as soon as he nudged closer to Merlin.

When he awoke, it was with a jolt, followed by a cry of terror as his eyes fluttered open to see blazing purple light that emanated vile energy. It was right in front of him - only a foot from his face - and Ozma squeezed his eyes shut instinctively, knowing from experience what was about to happen. Absolute eradication. Not the first time he'd suffered it.

He froze for a few seconds before he eventually risked a glance. Another moment passed, and Ozma unfolded himself from his curled up, braced stance against the inevitable. The attack hadn't moved at all. It was still in front of his face, but with a bit of doing, and some very careful maneuvering, Oz extricated himself from its path. Breathing out harshly, he scooted further back, hardly trusting his feet to hold him at the moment.

The two brothers were on either side of him. Great, impossible dragons comprised of life and decay, frozen in place in a way Ozma couldn't recall ever seeing. His hands shook as he tried to make sense of where he was. It was so dark. It was everything he hated and feared, except worse.

It made Salem's gloomy lairs look like little more than half-hearted love notes to the real thing, and the hair on the back of his neck prickled as Ozma finally pushed himself onto his feet and backed up a bit more, turning in a circle with terror and uncertainty lancing across his expression.

He noted, after a time, that he was dressed. That was good. At least he wasn't stuck in a nightmare with no pants on, but it was still disconcerting to look down on himself and to recognize the clothes he had died in. He hated this shirt. It was one of the only nice ones he had, but it was itchy.

Something shifted in his surroundings then, and Ozma's head shot up, honing in on the new presence, ready for anything. Then, with a soft intake of breath, he took another step back. His fists curled tight at his sides, in a bid to hide how much his hands were shaking.

"Why did you do this?" He already expected it was for little more than to torture him. Some final hurrah at Oz for trusting that Salem had miraculously come back to life as something better than what she'd died as. He could already hear what she was going to spit at him. He felt like a fool. "Never mind that. How did you do this? How could you even remember this much detail?" Though the events of this particular moment were ancient to Ozma, he did remember the Brothers' dwellings as something recent in his memory. He had been to the god of light's sanctuary... what felt like only months ago. He had seen the dark brother's Pits as well, in some silly bid to show how unafraid he was.

That was a lie, though. He had been terrified, and he was terrified now. Anyone who wasn't was an idiot. "Salem, take us back. This is... this isn't necessary."

@Salem

Reactions: Salem
S
S

Salem

[box=#F5F6F6, none, #9c8cae 1px solid]

For once when falling asleep, Salem truly felt rested, and perhaps, if she retained any consciousness, she would have known to take that oddity as a sign that everything was very much not okay.

Nevertheless, she was content to fall into a dreamless sleep - until she awoke bluntly, her body falling into a familiar sight she had hoped she never be forced to again, the place of where everything went so, so wrong, where Ozma died in her arms multiple times and the gods saw it fit to deem her to a terrible fate.

Before her, there was an attack that seemed directed towards her yet was entirely still, a mockery of the image that still crept into her nightmares and jolted her from sleep every few days. She finally dared to lift her gaze, and in the sky, rested an image of the brother gods she had vowed to defeat as dragons in the sky, whom had condemned her to a fate even worse and destroyed the world before her eyes. But they, too, were frozen, as was everything.

Horrified, her eyes widened at the sight of Ozma amongst the darkness, and for a moment, she didn't move, unsure whether or not he, too, was frozen, yet the sound of his voice made it very, very clear he had the same experience as her.

And he blamed her for it.

"Ozma -" His name escaped her lips as only a whisper, her eyes still growing wider, mouth agape. "I didn't do this." Whether from terror of their surroundings or anger at his distrust, her voice grew in volume yet still trembled, and she stepped nearer to him, shaking her head instinctively. "Do you still think I was what you remember me to be? I don't want to hurt you."

Salem had been alive in this form for weeks, but he still seemed to doubt her completely despite everything. Gods, she doubted she would have been able to even keep this facade for so long in her past/future form, but he still seemed content to craft more excuses not to place his trust in her.

"Do you still not trust me? I want to leave all of tthis as much as you do." With another glance towards the blackened sky and the frozen dragons and still attack, she felt a shiver down her back. "I... This can't be real, can it? We can't be back in Remnant."

[/box]

Reactions: Ozma

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human V1.0
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link

"A thousand years versus two weeks... no, I obviously don't trust you!" His voice lashed out against the eerie silence of the dark, grisly place surrounding them, hysterical and nearly a scream as he tried to find somewhere that was neither close to the dragons nor close to Salem. It was too much. It was all too much. He wanted to leave. He had to leave.

He ignored her, turning on his heel and running. He didn't care if he was cowardly for fleeing. Anyone with sense would want to run from this place, and Ozma didn't plan on stopping. He would run until he woke up, and then everything would be better. He would have Merlin, and he would be able to hide beneath him and forget that this had ever happened. He'd go back to his life. He had a life.

Sprinting as fast as he could, Ozma hit the invisible barrier penning them in the god of darkness's domain with incredible force, and his head rang with pain as he bounced back and hit the ground hard. His forehead felt like he had run headlong into a concrete wall... which probably wasn't entirely wrong, given what he had run into. He rolled onto his side in a daze, then pushed himself onto his hands and knees slowly. "I don't... I don't..." He slurred, squeezing his eyes shut.

Opening them again, Ozma reached out and felt along the edge of the barrier. "I don't understand. What's happening?" He stood up and staggered, still dazed and disoriented from running into it. "Merlin?" He called out, knowing that he did have a tendency to speak (and yell) in his sleep during his night terrors. That had to be what this was. "Merlin!" He just had to get his attention. Get him to wake him up. Oz ignored Salem entirely as he walked in a tight circle, staring up at the black sky. "MERLIN!"

S
S

Salem

[box=#F5F6F6, none, #9c8cae 1px solid]

She would have tried to combat him with the logic that, clearly, she wouldn't have pretended for so long to be nice to him if she was in another form, yet she doubted him even capable of listening to logic in his frantic, screaming state. She was tired, past attempting to combat him with yelling when she knew he wouldn't listen to her regardless, and although she had once understood where Ozma was coming from, that became increasing difficult as each day passed.

"Why are you running?" How had she fought the gods for such an idiot? "I am not going to hurt you, and they," she jabbed a finger towards the dragons frozen in the air, "cannot hurt you." She didn't know what they were - a statue, an illusion - but they weren't real.

And then, he crashed, the sound of his head banging against some invisible force ringing out amongst the otherwise silent scene.

"I haven't any more of a clue than you," Salem sighed, slowly stepping towards him as unthreateningly as she could, as she was tired and simply wanted to get out of this horrific landscape as quickly as she was able.

"Why Merlin? How will he get you out?" Her own voice began to raise, frustration growing as acted so stupid. While she had known him to do rather questionable things in the past in some attempt to solve an issue or improve things, this was certainly at the top of the list. "Can you not teleport?" Unless the past weeks had been false, she clearly recalled him magically transporting them both to somewhere regions away, so, surely, he could do the same now.

[/box]

Reactions: Ozma

Ozma

RWBY
Race
Human V1.0
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link

Oz had never been a man prone to panic, but maybe that had been before. Before everything had gone so wrong in Pandora, changing his outlook on the world around him. Now, Ozma didn't always feel as confident in himself and his ability to handle anything. He liked to think he was still as competent as he had been, but then he remembered being trapped under Salem's thumb. Tortured, killed, and then all but trapped in a castle with her...

He didn't know if he trusted his own judgement anymore. He was weak, and foolish, and...

He wanted Merlin. He needed Merlin to show him what to do.

He turned to look at Salem. "You have hurt me, and so have they, so forgive me if I don't take any chances." Ozma hissed, turning away from her to continue inspecting the barrier keeping them trapped within the dark brother's realm. It went all the way from one cliff face to the other, and Oz's hand curled into a fist once he reached the end. "My only guess is that this is a dream. I have night terrors. If I'm making enough noise, Merlin will wake me UP!" He yelled again, but it didn't feel like he was any closer to leaving this place, so Ozma turned to face Salem again with his back against the barrier.

"I can, but I doubt it will work. I don't want to try." He snarled defensively. Last time he had tried to defy a magical barrier like this one, Oz had nearly gone blind as a consequence. He was... he was frightened to try it again.

Current Season

Status Updates

What an astonishing world!
This was NOT what I was expecting when I opened my eyes this morning.
I'm such a great political figure. ;)

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Crane
Top Bottom